kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Are the experimental servers offline?

I can't seem to see any listed in the game.

Nope, I can see them.

Nope, I can see them.

Yeh, I'm on now. For some reason, I couldn't see any for a while.

I almost always have my rifle on my back and haven double carried in awhile and as far as I can tell I get a stutter in my game when someone is near but no my gun doesn't draw. I carry a long horn in hand a lot of the time and it seems unaffected.

Does anyone have a barrel in 1pp I can borrow?

I spent 2 hours running around with 3 cow pelts and a bag of fertilizer last night looking for one, dropped my longhorn to make room and lost my sks drinking from my water bottle.

I'll send you a PM with location. It may be quite a walk. I have two barrels, you can use one for dying, if you like. Just throw the crap into the hunting backpack and put it on the ground, if you need the barrel empty. You can also help yourself to any gear you find useful, as I am carrying what I need. Just a word of advice - someone took a 1911 and 2 mags from the barrel yesterday, so if you want something safe, better not leave it there. I am on US-East 0-1

Also - had terrible problems with "item could not be found" again today. This, in combination with the hotkeys = desaster :) 

I'll send you a PM with location. It may be quite a walk. I have two barrels, you can use one for dying, if you like. Just throw the crap into the hunting backpack and put it on the ground, if you need the barrel empty. You can also help yourself to any gear you find useful, as I am carrying what I need. Just a word of advice - someone took a 1911 and 2 mags from the barrel yesterday, so if you want something safe, better not leave it there. I am on US-East 0-1

Also - had terrible problems with "item could not be found" again today. This, in combination with the hotkeys = desaster :)

Cool, thank you.

I just want to see if tanning works with the barrel because it doesn't work the old way so I can post my results. Getting real nervous even on an almost empty server running around unarmed with a cow pelt in hand, been doing it for damn near 4 hours total and surprised no leet snipzor hasn't gotten an epic kill yet.

Cool, thank you.

I just want to see if tanning works with the barrel because it doesn't work the old way so I can post my results. Getting real nervous even on an almost empty server running around unarmed with a cow pelt in hand, been doing it for damn near 4 hours total and surprised no leet snipzor hasn't gotten an epic kill yet.

You're welcome, bro! Hope you can find it!

I've had some really bad stuff happening with my inventory today. I've never before seen it so messed up. Also, notice on the character screen that I hold a pistol in my hand, despite having one in the holster...it's been superweird today.

2015-08-13_00001_zpsjxzqlmqt.jpg

2015-08-13_00003_zpsm9vlfc6c.jpg

2015-08-13_00005_zpsapnrlvrf.jpg

Edited by S3V3N

That is odd.  By chance have you verified the integrity of your game cache lately?  Has me curious.

You're welcome, bro! Hope you can find it!

I've had some really bad stuff happening with my inventory today. I've never before seen it so messed up. Also, notice on the character screen that I hold a pistol in my hand, despite having one in the holster...it's been superweird today.

2015-08-13_00001_zpsjxzqlmqt.jpg

2015-08-13_00003_zpsm9vlfc6c.jpg

2015-08-13_00005_zpsapnrlvrf.jpg

Unfortunately S3V3N's barrel is on 3pp it seems, still looking for a barrel to use for 10 minutes before I get on to other things.

Got one of my minions, unfortunately not my preferred helper but better than nothing logging in to look for one.   

Are you guys finding alot of loot items that cannot be picked up?

That is odd.  By chance have you verified the integrity of your game cache lately?  Has me curious.

I did now. All files successfully validated.This happened when I a) put food/cans into the cooking pot and dragged it around and b)when I drank a can of soda with a pistol in my hand. Somehow the game doesn't recognize what I put in my hand and then lets me pickup something else.

Also, I can't saw off shotgun, only Mosin. I could not put a cooking pot inside a barrel, but I could put a backpack in there. The bugs with the items are puzzling me. Maybe there are simply too many classes of items in Dayz. Engine is confused ;)

BTW Klesh - if you cannot pick something up, try picking up items in the vicinity. Most of the times, I could pick something up, after I cleaned up around it. Quite a big radius, too. Very weird blocking of items...but yeah, lots of small items I could not pick up by default, too.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Not sure what server it was it was the 1st/3rd PV of .58.129-061 on the east coast there was only one server that had both views enabled with this build not to populated.  But it was running great put down at least half a dozen zeds.  No gun dropping glitch.  Didn't have the crazy desync when near the guy who killed me at tent city.  I never saw him but the shots were very close. I did have some desync through my journey but nothing horrible that's my only complaint.  But I think it's good enough for stable at this point.  They just need to work on the desync. 

While playing experiment looking to make stashes for the first time in a long time, I realized an old and highly annoying issue with the game... you literally CANT hide anything. Everything visibly sticks out from its surroundings. Notably barrels, backpacks or guns, all have shiny shaders that act as a direct contrast to the flat ground textures. Theres just 2 options at the moment: 1. walk all the way to the border and then continue walking 5 miles into the nothingness or 2. tannenbaums.. these are literally the only things ingame that offer any kind of visible protection to hide stashes in.

I think we need to be able to dig barrels in with a shovel and then cover the lid with earth :) it would still somewhat stick out, but not nearly as much. as it is, people basically just have to run thru estimated areas like as if they were looting for helis and they are gonna spot most stashes or camps (cool but useless atm imo) with ease.

Edited by jayfkay

BTW Klesh - if you cannot pick something up, try picking up items in the vicinity. Most of the times, I could pick something up, after I cleaned up around it. Quite a big radius, too. Very weird blocking of items...but yeah, lots of small items I could not pick up by default, too.

Its really odd.  I've passed up like 4 backpacks that couldn't be picked up and countless smaller items, with seemingly nothing around in the area.  Yet the very same server has lootable loot in the next town or somesuch. 

Not sure what server it was it was the 1st/3rd PV of .58.129-061 on the east coast there was only one server that had both views enabled with this build not to populated.  But it was running great put down at least half a dozen zeds.  No gun dropping glitch.  Didn't have the crazy desync when near the guy who killed me at tent city.  I never saw him but the shots were very close. I did have some desync through my journey but nothing horrible that's my only complaint.  But I think it's good enough for stable at this point.  They just need to work on the desync. 

What did you play? Scroll up and check my screenshots right above you. I have not had such weird inventory glitches ever before. I guess if you are just walking and shooting the game works, but interaction with barrels and other containers can completely break your inventory and hotkeys.

While playing experiment looking to make stashes for the first time in a long time, I realized an old and highly annoying issue with the game... you literally CANT hide anything. Everything visibly sticks out from its surroundings. Notably barrels, backpacks or guns, all have shiny shaders that act as a direct contrast to the flat ground textures. Theres just 2 options at the moment: 1. walk all the way to the border and then continue walking 5 miles into the nothingness or 2. tannenbaums.. these are literally the only things ingame that offer any kind of visible protection to hide stashes in.

I think we need to be able to dig barrels in with a shovel and then cover the lid with earth :) it would still somewhat stick out, but not nearly as much. as it is, people basically just have to run thru estimated areas like as if they were looting for helis and they are gonna spot most stashes or camps (cool but useless atm imo) with ease.

shoveling holes would be awesome, but I don't think the terrain system in most games can let you do that. You'd need like a voxel tool, which I know exists in Unity, Cryengine and probably Unreal 4, but I highly doubt the Dayz engine has any kind of advanced terrain at all. Go with clusters of "tannenbaums", it's what I do too. With the servers being full like that anything gets found anywhere - anyway ;)  

Are you guys finding alot of loot items that cannot be picked up?

Some. What is interesting, you can see in your inventory those items for which you have no line of sight. Like those one story below or above, or next room. In such cases, the item cannot be picked, unless you actually see it.

I almost always have my rifle on my back and haven double carried in awhile and as far as I can tell I get a stutter in my game when someone is near but no my gun doesn't draw. I carry a long horn in hand a lot of the time and it seems unaffected.

Does anyone have a barrel in 1pp I can borrow?

I spent 2 hours running around with 3 cow pelts and a bag of fertilizer last night looking for one, dropped my longhorn to make room and lost my sks drinking from my water bottle.

On 1pp South Central 0-2 I was in a town and there was a barrel in a shed, I cruised for about 15 minutes Northwest and ran into that veresnik military base, so I think it was Vishnoye. 

• Like 1

What did you play? Scroll up and check my screenshots right above you. I have not had such weird inventory glitches ever before. I guess if you are just walking and shooting the game works, but interaction with barrels and other containers can completely break your inventory and hotkeys.

shoveling holes would be awesome, but I don't think the terrain system in most games can let you do that. You'd need like a voxel tool, which I know exists in Unity, Cryengine and probably Unreal 4, but I highly doubt the Dayz engine has any kind of advanced terrain at all. Go with clusters of "tannenbaums", it's what I do too. With the servers being full like that anything gets found anywhere - anyway ;)

my stash lasted literally only 2hours, north west of the airfield... :D I thought it was pretty clever, a damaged drybag next to a deterred stone wall.. but I guess this shit is just spttable from 5 miles away.

Anyway I mean - you dont actually have to dig a hole, all you need is a model of the opening Lid that sticks out a little like a landmine for example and that would then act as a stash of barrel size. And you have to craft it by "digging a hole" with a spade.

Edited by jayfkay

On 1pp South Central 0-2 I was in a town and there was a barrel in a shed, I cruised for about 15 minutes Northwest and ran into that veresnik military base, so I think it was Vishnoye. 

Not too keen on running around heli hunting territory with a cow hide in hand, junior is making his way towards me so I can use him as mule if he doesn't find one on the way. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

Not sure what you mean what did you play?  I saw your screen shots where you on 129-61?

The pot / barrel issue has been around for a while.  Seems the pot is borked (scientific term) in many regards and causes some very strange behavior.

I did now. All files successfully validated.This happened when I a) put food/cans into the cooking pot and dragged it around and b)when I drank a can of soda with a pistol in my hand. Somehow the game doesn't recognize what I put in my hand and then lets me pickup something else.

Also, I can't saw off shotgun, only Mosin. I could not put a cooking pot inside a barrel, but I could put a backpack in there. The bugs with the items are puzzling me. Maybe there are simply too many classes of items in Dayz. Engine is confused ;)

I had an MP5 in my hands and a winchester on my shoulder and I did the put the weapon away glitch. Well he shouldered the MP5 instead of putting it in his inventory so I just dragged it back into my hands. I logged a few minutes later to check something, relogged back in and the winchester was gone. Who the hell knows where that the ended up or where it dropped ... I miss just the regular ol' "hey your gun glitching" bug heh.

So I lost the CR75 due to that glitch. Couldn't find it at the gas station, where the glitch happened, either. Also, I can only advise not to do anything with cooking pots right now. Like Super_Duty said, they are somewhat glitched. And it's not worth it! I put up a campfire with tripod and cooking pod and after a recent restart it was gone. While my simple fireplace, from two days ago, inside a big toolshed is still there. So are the barrels (thank god!). The fires seems a bit buggy, as they and the crafted torches don't seem to burn out like they used to. On fires the glow stays on for very long now, not sure if that is intended. 

I finally found a sparkplug today! I almost thought they are only myth, but then I also saw one of the trucks I'd found is missing. So someone must have found the spare parts.

For some reason, I am still enjoying this release. I guess the CLE is more fun than I thought.I just wish all the weapon-away-glitching would stop and the hotkeys would finally work. Maybe the devs need to devise another method for keybinds. The hotkeys of now are so unreliable.   

Also, this is what happens when you climb a deerstand with a Sporter in your hands. Actually quite handy, because you can climb up and down - just not shoot anymore :)

2015-08-14_00001_zpsiabjswmo.jpg

2015-08-14_00002_zpsgkk70qm1.jpg

Edited by S3V3N

Ended up checking there on my server and sc 0-2 and no dice. Got the couldn't pick up thing in the first house I logged in in. Blue drybag and can of sardines, double checked the town and returned to the first house and could pick the stuff up fine. Eithgteen population at the time.

Edited by BCBasher