Sign in to follow this  
xCAPx

DayZ Standalone Singleplayer

Player interaction will always be there, so will the fact things can be monitored much better and so will the fact players cant server hop no more.

private servers was the way to go, public, official well it depends how that structure stands.

But mostly nobody really commented on the video, hicks did.

good job if you ask me, you only get so much from text chatting to someone. After seeing the video... Hicks I getcha, totally I do man. Good job btw.

Sneaks

I should ask?

Will it be possible the file structure we have now, BI coding still be somewhat what we expect in the future. Given that it doesn't change by BI.

If so expect so much more to happen with mods then I ever expected. Arma series mods are truly some work of genius by these mod teams.

Only the server scripters, mod makers would understand what I am referring too.

I should ask?

Will it be possible the file structure we have now, BI coding still be somewhat what we expect in the future. Given that it doesn't change by BI.

If so expect so much more to happen with mods then I ever expected. Arma series mods are truly some work of genius by these mod teams.

Only the server scripters, mod makers would understand what I am referring too.

In many cases it'll be identical or similar but in many it'll be different, however as Hicks said the end goal is to maximize the amount of functionality for both the devs and modders/players to do what they want with the game.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of mods of epic grandeur for DayZ; I mean, I was impressed with ArmA 2's mods when I first got into it, and then when I saw what people were doing for ArmA 3 my head nearly exploded. With an engine derived from what came before but built specifically to be malleable, who knows what people will do with DayZ?!

As for scripts themselves, you can already tell if you've looked at the coding in the game files (hmmph, you're not supposed to do that ;)) that quite a lot is different and much of the legacy code does nothing.

Hello there

Id expect modders to have a tricky time at start due to all of the changes, but knowing BI there'll be a fair bit of support and those modders are clever chaps/chapesses.

Rgds

LoK

In many cases it'll be identical or similar but in many it'll be different, however as Hicks said the end goal is to maximize the amount of functionality for both the devs and modders/players to do what they want with the game.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of mods of epic grandeur for DayZ; I mean, I was impressed with ArmA 2's mods when I first got into it, and then when I saw what people were doing for ArmA 3 my head nearly exploded. With an engine derived from what came before but built specifically to be malleable, who knows what people will do with DayZ?!

As for scripts themselves, you can already tell if you've looked at the coding in the game files (hmmph, you're not supposed to do that ;)) that quite a lot is different and much of the legacy code does nothing.

File structure, not coding (reverse is not allowed). I don't think I said that, but if I did it was arma 3 reference. We script many things to work with the arma game. I expect dayz to be close to the same if I am correct.

Hello there

Id expect modders to have a tricky time at start due to all of the changes, but knowing BI there'll be a fair bit of support and those modders are clever chaps/chapesses.

Rgds

LoK

I guess it depends on the tools we are given. Most of it will be arma 3, 2 tools we are used to, that is if its going to be the same.

If it is the same, expect a butt load of quality mods to come out, if those mod makers care to flip over to dayz. Otherwise it will be a new breed of modders.

Also depends on what mods might be useful, dayz is a different idea. Otherwise we could have just taken the zombie animations and moved it to arma 3 as a mod, items map etc...

I wouldn't count on this being true 'offline' either, what with the frequent server checks to see what inventory you have...

although i suppose you could just have it save to harddrive and then update to steam cloud later...

but who does that now-days anyway, seeing as steam likes to be as active as possible at all times.

Absolutely useless. The whole atmosphere and all that comes from the human players. One human around is more dangerous and thrilling than thousand zombies - no matter how frightening, deadly and "realistic" they are.

Since I've played an online MMO the first time back in 2005 (EQ2 - the best of all times) I can't play offline/single player MMOs any more - because of the missing players (missing other consciousnesses) out there that world is dead and pointless.

DayZ in SP mode may only be good for exploring the world without any dangers (AI is no real thread, even they may be more deadly than humans) and testing weapons and other equipment.

People who just want to wander around in a zombie world, play other games. DayZ is all about other players. The zombies are just an excuse to display a world whose society has fallen apart so people can return to their animalic instincts and "are not punished for killing species members".

For modders and internet outages, or people in remote areas without a decent server near them, its a great idea.

Edited by Gorvi

Daizy 2018 was a top SP mod plenty of hours spent before i got broadband

Without being accused of flaming or anything 

Does anyone else kind of get the feeling even though modding was announced at the SA release is getting pushed ahead in development 
because BI cant deliver what was told within a reasonable time frame as what was suggested 

If paid alpha testing is a new marketing model then why would modders making your game not be the next development model 

No shill intended

Side note if Haleks made a SA mod i would happily put in a few hundred hours on it

Daizy 2018 was a top SP mod plenty of hours spent before i got broadband

Without being accused of flaming or anything 

Does anyone else kind of get the feeling even though modding was announced at the SA release is getting pushed ahead in development 

because BI cant deliver what was told within a reasonable time frame as what was suggested 

If paid alpha testing is a new marketing model then why would modders making your game not be the next development model 

No shill intended

Side note if Haleks made a SA mod i would happily put in a few hundred hours on it

Hello there

The old trope about modding being opened up because "devs cant finish/deliver" is a  lot of old hairy codswallop.

Everyone just wants to see a conspiracy or a flaw rather than saying "hey, thanks, devs!"

The game will be completed roughly on budget/time no matter how large the playerbase, or if there is an Sp more, or if there is planed xbone release etc etc etc ad nauseum.

The main issue we have is that the average gamer just has no idea of the complexities involved in pushing out a release like this.

Its not just the coding and pretty gfx, behind that there is a real company with all its costs, issues, red tape and behind that there are people with all their baggage.

Its and incredibly complex machine.

Try organising a small team of say 4 people for a year or two, its damn hard. Ive done it my self.

The game will get here and itll be fine. It *has* to be Bi have a lot riding on it.

Rgds

LoK

Mr. Hicks confirmed that DayZ will get a SP @AMDPCgamingshow

What's your thoughts? Do you like it?

I like it very much and I'm excited to see how the loot will be balanced? Always on SP to control the loot?

edit: SP supports mods too!

some tweets to the SP:

"Small note before bed: DayZ: Offline mode will be in 64 bit client only, will allow modders to test their data locally, and solo play."

"Negative - completely separate experiences."

"Keep in mind this comes with out feature complete, so I'd very much like us to be near our zed goal by then."

I predicted long ago that this would eventually happen. It is good to see that BI has finally come to their senses, and realise that this game needs SP mode.

My only question is, what will players do with no direction, but to find stuff, and walk around shooting zombies? This will very quickly get very boring unless real challenges are provided.

I suggest a quest/mission based system restricted to single player mode, with the option to disable or simply ignore.

Players would see leters, postcards, NPC's etc, that guide them on easter-egg hunts, etc deeper inside the hostile DayZ universe.

We also need zombie hoardes and hostile animals such as aggressive Crow colonies, bears, dog packs, AI bandits, etc.

Players could be sent on missions to rid certain areas of these aggresive beasts, etc.

Others could be to search and recover lost heirlooms, or uncover secrets, etc.

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 1

Personally I'm going to be using SP for a cinematic film based on I Am Legend.

Remember, just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it's a waste of time.

I think gear up, kill, die, gear up is a waste of time when there's so much more to the game but I'd be stoned publically on here if I said so

• Like 1

Personally I'm going to be using SP for a cinematic film based on I Am Legend.

Remember, just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it's a waste of time.

I think gear up, kill, die, gear up is a waste of time when there's so much more to the game but I'd be stoned publically on here if I said so

I am one of those who agrees with you. What I find is that the KOS fanboys are the ones who just want to gear up, shoot, die, rinse and repeat.

This kind should stick to COD.

• Like 1

Hello there

The old trope about modding being opened up because "devs cant finish/deliver" is a  lot of old hairy codswallop.

Everyone just wants to see a conspiracy or a flaw rather than saying "hey, thanks, devs!"

The game will be completed roughly on budget/time no matter how large the playerbase, or if there is an Sp more, or if there is planed xbone release etc etc etc ad nauseum.

The main issue we have is that the average gamer just has no idea of the complexities involved in pushing out a release like this.

Its not just the coding and pretty gfx, behind that there is a real company with all its costs, issues, red tape and behind that there are people with all their baggage.

Its and incredibly complex machine.

Try organising a small team of say 4 people for a year or two, its damn hard. Ive done it my self.

The game will get here and itll be fine. It *has* to be Bi have a lot riding on it.

Rgds

LoK

No conspiracy here just a constructive comment admittedly solely based upon how popular modded Dayz versions were as oppossed to vanilla 

and why i say constructive is like i suggested paid alpha is a common model so why not modded development BI do take in account what the community want 

and mods give a pretty crystal clear indication of what the community thinks is a good concept and what is not so why not take what is popular mods and then BI could refine them 

Anything to do with upcoming consoles? And give us full story in SP story mode.

Its been 4 years now since there was going to be a confirmed "singleplayer mode". Its 2019 and we have an "offline mode" that does not save your progress, but claimed for solo play. If the devs would go through the effort to make a mode where modders can test their content, why wouldnt they just go through and finish it to where it actually IS a single player, and not just a testing mode? Yes you can make your own LAN server but some people like me struggle with making their own to play alone, because for some reason i cant go to my ISP and forward my ports so my server will show on the server list. People like me want singleplayer because there are too many assholes that KOS or build you up then kill you later down the road, which is the biggest dick move somebody can do. There is so much content that i want to explore but it is impossible with people killing fresh spawns. I met up with a fresh spawn once and he tried to kill ME. All mulitplayer is is KOS, thats why there are so many empty or low servers. All i want to do is enjoy the game i paid $45 for, but all everyone else wants to do is shit in my face. WHEN WILL THERE BE A WORKING SINGLEPLAYER?

Edited by RussianSpetz

On 6/9/2019 at 10:15 PM, RussianSpetz said:

Its been 4 years now since there was going to be a confirmed "singleplayer mode". Its 2019 and we have an "offline mode" that does not save your progress, but claimed for solo play. If the devs would go through the effort to make a mode where modders can test their content, why wouldnt they just go through and finish it to where it actually IS a single player, and not just a testing mode? Yes you can make your own LAN server but some people like me struggle with making their own to play alone, because for some reason i cant go to my ISP and forward my ports so my server will show on the server list. People like me want singleplayer because there are too many assholes that KOS or build you up then kill you later down the road, which is the biggest dick move somebody can do. There is so much content that i want to explore but it is impossible with people killing fresh spawns. I met up with a fresh spawn once and he tried to kill ME. All mulitplayer is is KOS, thats why there are so many empty or low servers. All i want to do is enjoy the game i paid $45 for, but all everyone else wants to do is shit in my face. WHEN WILL THERE BE A WORKING SINGLEPLAYER?

They just went out for coffee and will be back soon. TM...