Sign in to follow this  
mrjordanreece87

DayZ confirmed for xbox one at E3?

Hi guys sorry if this is the wrong section but I was reading up on what's happening at E3 and there was confirmation that Xbox will be getting DayZ! Is this true or still speculation? Thanks

I hope features are not digaurded for the PC version just so it will work on console... P.S. Death to Consoles.

Thank you and I hope it doesn't effect you PC guys :(

Xbox is basically a PC anyway? Probably an easier port to Xbox than a vastly more powerful yet different system like the PS4... :)

I cant find the 'xbox game preview' what the guy said about in that video? Lol

Also that new controller will come in handy for a game like this as it has more buttons etc

Edited by mrjordanreece87

I hope features are not digaurded for the PC version just so it will work on console... P.S. Death to Consoles.

Hello there

Thats not going to happen.

They ported OFP to consoles and thats essentially the great grandaddy once removed of DAYZ.

Nothing to worry about.

Tin foil hats off.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

don't worry the way microsoft is with the console there will not be cross platform i'm sure microsoft i read when they wanted to make ff realm reborn cross platform and they decided to scrap the microsoft version because it was going to cost them so much money to get in line with microsofts network security etc......and i hate xbox. sony should've did what they had to to make dayz an exclusive.

Hello there

They ported OFP to consoles and thats essentially the great grandaddy once removed of DAYZ.

Nothing to worry about.

Tin foil hats off.

Rgds

LoK

They actually did a decent job of it to(was it them or a third party who did the conversion??) . It didnt have the game editor of the pc version but i know i was surprised at how close they managed to get the console version of OFP to the pc version.

OFF TOPIC i thought i had been playing there games for 8 to 10 years but it has almost been 14 years for me as i got the pc version of OFP christmas 2001.

BACK ON TOPIC. i wouldnt worry to much guys as this is a pc game being converted to console rather than the reverse which is usually when you start getting simpler features and UI's designed for controller use rather than KB&M etc etc ...

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

The only reason i'm happy this is coming to console is because then i play with my friends who only own consoles and not gaming computers.  <_<

P.S. Death to Consoles.

Consoles can actually do very good PC ports without watering it down. Its just a matter of WHO is in charge of making the decisions for the game sometimes. And as of now we have two very powerful systems that could handle some of what PC dishes out.

No need to be a paranoid douch about it. My roots are grounded in consoles before PC on ANY given day.

Xbox is basically a PC anyway? Probably an easier port to Xbox than a vastly more powerful yet different system like the PS4... :)

By vastly you mean having a worse CPU than the xbox and only having a slightly stronger GPU and faster ram? Wouldn't hardly go with vastly, majority of multiplats perform better on the xbox because Sony is a bunch of idiots that pushes 1080p over solid frame rates. The "power" of the PS4 is so grossly overrated it's pathetic.

and no I'm not an xbox fanboy i hate consoles more than most things.

xbox=potato

ps4= slightly more powerful potato

Edited by Sirwarriant12

Hello there

Nothing to worry about.

Tin foil hats off.

Rgds

LoK

They made s o m e t h i n g called Operation Flashpoint for consoles. It had nothing to do with the Bohemia game and was a terrible, terrible game. Only the title was bought. Apart from the technical fallacies consoles have, they also have the wrong interface. Do you play the game with MS keyboard and mouse on XBox? Or with controller and overlay menus? Nobody knows, but the devs will screw it up anyway. 

I had a laugh when I read the news. We haven't had a single update that actually worked right for the past what - 3 months? They fix one thing and break three others. And then I look to the right and see "Singleplayer confirmed"... and had an even bigger laugh; call it a choke actually. What's wrong with you? Dayz "This is your story". Did you forget about the concept of the game? Someone must have lost their marbles. To me this whole update just said: "Hey, look at us. We are Dayz Devs! We don't give a shit about the game we worked so hard on. Thank you for your money, bye!" Last game I ever bought from Bohemia. Period. You've been special, now you're just greedy. 

To me this whole update just said: "Hey, look at us. We are Dayz Devs! We don't give a shit about the game we worked so hard on. Thank you for your money, bye!" Last game I ever bought from Bohemia. Period. You've been special, now you're just greedy. 

How so?

• Like 3

I've never played the game, but its a game that has interested me a lot and was gutted it was on PC (wish I got into PC gaming) but it coming to consoles has made me a happy gamer :) yeah its not working correctly and should of been made better by now, but it looks to be a decent game considering its problems, id still play it as its something different :)

Well, looking at how the development is going and considering how many unsolved issues there always will be with DayZ (even if many say otherwise..), I am sure there will never be a console version. Of course I can't prove that now, but you'll see in time... Not even sure we will ever get a really good stable PC version anyway.

considering how many unsolved issues there always will be with DayZ 

Hello there

Do you have some ability to see into the future?

"Hunches" and "feelings" do not fact make.

Rgds

LoK

Well, looking at how the development is going and considering how many unsolved issues there always will be with DayZ (even if many say otherwise..), I am sure there will never be a console version. Of course I can't prove that now, but you'll see in time... Not even sure we will ever get a really good stable PC version anyway.

If you paid attention to development like a good little Alpha tester would do, you would know that the developers have the full right to have a game with problems as of right now. After all features and such are added in, they work on bug fixing and polishing. This isn't for another 6 months or so, but DayZ has a bright future.

I wish you could bug-fix people.

<snip>

Edited by orlok
Be nice.
  • Like 2

Check My Sig. XBOX can't push that kind of power. When a game is developed with the console limitations in mind, it wont be developled to its full potential. Example, Why do you not see console games vastly made to support 100 or even 500 player multiplayer games. The only one that come to mind for me was MAG, for the playstation 3 and even that was limited. But these types of games are very common for PC gaming. Futher more Operation Flash Point was not a massivly multiplayer game - I have played it, Dayz Standalone is. While the XBOX One is closer to the bar than the Xbox 360 was in terms of performance. It can't compare to a well built gaming rig, and it is not Upgradeable in the sence that you can't just change out the components for better, newer, or faster hardware. However for me my fear as a PC gamer is basically that this game that has massive potential, Could turn out like "Skyrim" Or the "Fallout". And not be what it could have been because of console limitations holding it back..

Check My Sig. XBOX can't push that kind of power. When a game is developed with the console limitations in mind, it wont be developled to its full potential. Example, Why do you not see console games vastly made to support 100 or even 500 player multiplayer games. The only one that come to mind for me was MAG, for the playstation 3 and even that was limited. But these types of games are very common for PC gaming. Futher more Operation Flash Point was not a massivly multiplayer game - I have played it, Dayz Standalone is. While the XBOX One is closer to the bar than the Xbox 360 was in terms of performance. It can't compare to a well built gaming rig, and it is not Upgradeable in the sence that you can't just change out the components for better, newer, or faster hardware. However for me my fear as a PC gamer is basically that this game that has massive potential, Could turn out like "Skyrim" Or the "Fallout". And not be what it could have been because of console limitations holding it back..

I said it's basically a PC, I never said it was a high end PC. That's obvious. It's basically an 8 core AMD system at a lower end clock speed with a mid-ish range AMD GPU. A system with a newer i7 and latest NVidia card would blow it away. BUT - given that DayZ is not optimized yet, it would/should perform similarly on the XBox One as it would on a mid-range PC rig. That's the major point, and as DayZ moves out of alpha and more into Beta the performance will only increase as it's further optimized, making it even more current gen console realistic.