Grimey Rick

TIL the only trustworthy people in DayZ are nine year olds.

In other news, I'd like to think Vinny is scheming up a way to get back to me so we can continue our adventure. He's such a brave boy, and I believe he's key in curing the world...

lets, for all our sake, hope he wont confess at the church....

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Je ne joue pas le Dayz maintenant, mais le CS GO a beaucoup de Canadiens.

They should add a Canada map, and a Russia map, just for lols.

Edited by Heatofbattle

Yep... Came here to laugh but sadly it's all too true.

Some of the best gameplay I've had on DayZ has been running into random squeakers (LOL Sorry dudes!).

Lately most of my interactions with other players has always resulted in nothing more than KOSing, hacking, or general bullshit bullying/mouthing-off until they get shot. Or straight up gang rape by clans.

Had a similar experience a few months ago with some kid at the police station in Elektro. Myself and 2 other clan members came across this random kid while we were all being pegged down by another clan that had us flanked from all sides. Decided, against the screaming of other team members on TS, to give the kid a gun. Little booger held down the fort with us for like half an hour until we managed to get around these guys and drop them. Was one of my most memorable firefights. I was sure we weren't going to live.

Unfortunately, our team has a pretty strict "no kids" rule. So I knew what was coming. I figured it might as well be me to do it...

Packed a bag with some cans, and drinks, tossed it in one of the sheds out back.

Team leader cuffed the kid.

"There's a bag in that shed with some food and supplies if you manage to..."

"Huh? Why?" He asked quickly confused... But it was too late.

"Sorry" - And I pulled the trigger.

"Hope you're fucking happy. Let's go" I grunted.

Wait a second. The little "booger" helped you hold down the fort while you took out the clan that you were sure were going to kill you. Is that right? Yet, you killed him despite him helping you. How is that not fucked up?

• Like 2

Wait a second. The little "booger" helped you hold down the fort while you took out the clan that you were sure were going to kill you. Is that right? Yet, you killed him despite him helping you. How is that not fucked up?

Normal people are hard to find these days bro. I have more then 600 hours of DayZ and I still try to communicate with people and not kill them. Especially people that have helped me.

I kinda wanna get on some Canadian servers now... See if the 'nice people' stereotype holds true for DayZ.  :D My Canadian step mother certainly is evidence for said stereotype, though she doesn't play the game, unfortunately.

research shows DayZ players < 1%

25zs20g.png

• Like 1

On the other hand, there is a special feeling to getting KoS's and then hear a squeaky voice say "motherfucker" in the mic. :D

Yep... Came here to laugh but sadly it's all too true.

Some of the best gameplay I've had on DayZ has been running into random squeakers (LOL Sorry dudes!).

Lately most of my interactions with other players has always resulted in nothing more than KOSing, hacking, or general bullshit bullying/mouthing-off until they get shot. Or straight up gang rape by clans.

Had a similar experience a few months ago with some kid at the police station in Elektro. Myself and 2 other clan members came across this random kid while we were all being pegged down by another clan that had us flanked from all sides. Decided, against the screaming of other team members on TS, to give the kid a gun. Little booger held down the fort with us for like half an hour until we managed to get around these guys and drop them. Was one of my most memorable firefights. I was sure we weren't going to live.

Unfortunately, our team has a pretty strict "no kids" rule. So I knew what was coming. I figured it might as well be me to do it...

Packed a bag with some cans, and drinks, tossed it in one of the sheds out back.

Team leader cuffed the kid.

"There's a bag in that shed with some food and supplies if you manage to..."

"Huh? Why?" He asked quickly confused... But it was too late.

"Sorry" - And I pulled the trigger.

"Hope you're fucking happy. Let's go" I grunted.

So, your group doesn't have a 'no kids allowed' rule. It has a 'kill all kids you find, even if they help you' rule. Not like you could have just handcuffed him and walked off as he broke out.

• Like 2

So, your group doesn't have a 'no kids allowed' rule. It has a 'kill all kids you find, even if they help you' rule. Not like you could have just handcuffed him and walked off as he broke out.

Yeah, the poster who wrote this sounds like a giant, throbbing arsehole.

Kid holds the line for you guys, risking his life, and you shoot him in the head, execution-style? Jesus, this is why people turn to KoS after getting KoS!

• Like 4

What Whyherro123 said.

It's this kind of behavior that will lead to more pvp style gameplay in DayZ. Some players will like that. But, for the most part, this kind of attitude will only hurt DayZ in the long run.

One of the most attractive features of DayZ, in my view, is that it can be played in so many ways. Players who take advantage of another player's kindness and generosity then turns around and kills them is the worst kind of play style to support.

Then you have your players who don't want DayZ to have any canned food or accessible ammo in the game. Put these two groups together and you a game that isn't worth playing. So many people are so bent on having DayZ developed to their PERSONAL liking that they fail to realize that their attitude, if followed, will lead to one of the worst games ever developed.

I'm putting my trust in the developers of DayZ. Because what I'm seeing in these threads half the time is pure selfishness extending to an insane level. I appreciate people sharing their ideas, but stop to think about what other players want before complaining about or crying for specific features in DayZ. Give the developers a chance to do what they know best: create an enjoyable game

• Like 2

Yeah, the poster who wrote this sounds like a giant, throbbing arsehole.

I'm the poster. And sadly I'll agree with you.

Wasn't my decision, and at the time the clan's rules were quite clear about it. And if I didn't do it, the guy next to me would have anyway without at least packing some stuff for him to reclaim quickly.

*NOTE*

I'm no longer with that clan, for reasons like this and more. (I hated the admin and politics and BS)

Certainly not my proudest moment.

But it goes to show that some of the best gameplay can come from anyone regardless of their age. I always help out anyone who's fresh in the game, and anyone can roll with me and my current crew if they're respectful, even if they are squeaky lol!

I can actually say too, that since that incident, which dates back a few months, I haven't KoSed since or pulled any other bullshit. (Excluding shooting clan leader in the head during my "Exit"). That particular experience, and a couple right after left a really bad taste when it came to joining up on a few clans. Seems that "rule" is a little more popular than people think.

There are many ways to play the game. I've been the nice guy, I've been the douchebag, I've been the guy running around in his boxers blasting "walking on sunshine" on VON.

Spent nearly a week looting up, only to have a friend in game take a shovel to me last night and run off with my gear. Karma and DayZ have an interesting relationship.

Edited by voxframe

I can actually say too, that since that incident, which dates back a few months, I haven't KoSed since or pulled any other bullshit. (Excluding shooting clan leader in the head during my "Exit"). That particular experience, and a couple right after left a really bad taste when it came to joining up on a few clans. Seems that "rule" is a little more popular than people think.

There are many ways to play the game. I've been the nice guy, I've been the douchebag, I've been the guy running around in his boxers blasting "walking on sunshine" on VON.

Spent nearly a week looting up, only to have a friend in game take a shovel to me last night and run off with my gear. Karma and DayZ have an interesting relationship.

Lol.. my own wife has shot me because i had a gun she wanted :P not only that.... i had to listen to her laughing hysterically in the next room while begrudgingly hiking back to my body >.<

Edited by Sovetsky
  • Like 1

the normal DayZ crew for you ...

What Whyherro123 said.

It's this kind of behavior that will lead to more pvp style gameplay in DayZ. Some players will like that. But, for the most part, this kind of attitude will only hurt DayZ in the long run.

One of the most attractive features of DayZ, in my view, is that it can be played in so many ways. Players who take advantage of another player's kindness and generosity then turns around and kills them is the worst kind of play style to support.

Then you have your players who don't want DayZ to have any canned food or accessible ammo in the game. Put these two groups together and you a game that isn't worth playing. So many people are so bent on having DayZ developed to their PERSONAL liking that they fail to realize that their attitude, if followed, will lead to one of the worst games ever developed.

I'm putting my trust in the developers of DayZ. Because what I'm seeing in these threads half the time is pure selfishness extending to an insane level. I appreciate people sharing their ideas, but stop to think about what other players want before complaining about or crying for specific features in DayZ. Give the developers a chance to do what they know best: create an enjoyable game

This should be read more than once. Very good post, sir

• Like 1

Agreed.

DayZ is one of the games that I must say has one of the more "open" methods of playing that I've ever seen. Most any "sandbox" style game still follows along a certain line for the most part. But DayZ is pretty much anything-goes.

DayZ is one of the first multiplayer sandbox games that I have seen where the "vice gets cranked tight" on the players. Most sandbox games you could almost sit idle and nothing is really going to happen to you. DayZ has threats from every angle, and they are all various ones.

-Self Inflicted/controlled (Hunger/Disease/Health/Stamina)

-AI generated (Zombies, animals, explosions, environment)

-Player generated (Other players attacking, or even helping you)

Add onto those, when it comes to other players, you don't know what they are going to do, and they can do anything. Including completely fuck you over.

This keeps the pressure and tension going throughout the entire game from end to end. Which is something that can't be said for most games.

And as a result, players who pressed to the max like that, will do "unpredictable" things.

As I said, I've been the hero, I've been the asshole, I've been the wacko... I've been the farmer and I've been the theif.

There is no one way to play DayZ :-)

• Like 1

You have my beans, voxframe.

There are times I want to be the bandit. Usually when I'm killed on sight and I want revenge. Mwhahahaha!

It is just a game. And I think playing DayZ however you want is what keeps the game fresh. Lone wolf can be fun and scary. Running with partners can be fun, too. So many ways to play. As you said, not many games like DayZ.

Wherever he is, I'm sure Vinny would approve of the replies to this thread.

+1

- why can I not delete a post -

Edited by Noctoras

I wonder how many would have executed Vinny for simply being a squeeker.

Also what if he was actually good shot and did not miss your head the first time.

Still beautifull story of father & son adventure.

Nine-year-olds are amazing people sometimes. Unfortunately, my experiences suggest that they've complete assholes by the time they hit eleven years. There are far too many squeakers running around bambi-hunting and being obnoxious about it. The ones who yell "Allah-u akbar" while killing fresh-spawns, the shitheels who don't mind chasing you at full sprint for 15 kilometres just to fuck your day up, those are why the vast majority of clans won't even consider anyone below the age of 18. It can be mean sometimes, but people rarely do anything without a reason.

That being said, you should totally assemble a giant horde of children to do your in-game bidding. Give them MP5s since their accuracy will probably be shit. They'd be fearless, they don't know any better. Raise an army!

• Like 3

Nine-year-olds are amazing people sometimes. Unfortunately, my experiences suggest that they've complete assholes by the time they hit eleven years. There are far too many squeakers running around bambi-hunting and being obnoxious about it. The ones who yell "Allah-u akbar" while killing fresh-spawns, the shitheels who don't mind chasing you at full sprint for 15 kilometres just to fuck your day up, those are why the vast majority of clans won't even consider anyone below the age of 18. It can be mean sometimes, but people rarely do anything without a reason.

That being said, you should totally assemble a giant horde of children to do your in-game bidding. Give them MP5s since their accuracy will probably be shit. They'd be fearless, they don't know any better. Raise an army!

Most stereotypes and generalizations are at least rooted in a bit of truth. It's a shame that those to who it doesn't apply are forced to bear the cross of their shitty peers.

Absolutely fantastic story. *Sniff* *Sniff*

tumblr_lqc11psYel1qadinu.gif