Mullraugh

Police Utility Belt

Hey fellas.

I'd like to suggest a Police Utility Belt that fits with the Anti-Stab Police Vest. I've played as a full police officer before in the game, with only a makarov, two mags, a bandage and extra ammo. The full police uniform, Chernarus Police Pants, Jacket and Hat, plus Black Leather Shoes or Black Combat Boots, and the Anti-Stab vest. No backpacks or anything, only has a total of 8 slots for carrying items. This means, before the apocalypse, Chernarussian Police Officers could only carry their sidearm (in their pants pocket, which is highly illogical and unsafe), a spare magazine, handcuffs and some ammo (in their jacket pockets, which is again illogical and unsafe).

I think that there should be an item added that is a Police Uniform Utility Belt that comes with a hip holster, two spaces for magazines, a place to put handcuffs and their respective keys, a place for a radio to clip on to, and a slot for a small melee weapon like the stun baton, knife, or retractable baton. It should CO-EXIST with the Anti-Stab Vest, so you don't have to drop the vest to wear the belt. Other tactical vests shouldn't be able to be worn since they all have things already covering the waist area, some even having belts there already.

Hopefully this item will allow people to have a logical place to store a sidearm, a few magazines, a small melee weapon, a radio and some handcuffs and keys without them being in useless locations like the bottom of your backpack, or your pants pocket.

3z1e1zV.jpg

wYSTKLH.png

• Like 8

This would be great, 10/10. Have my beans good Sir.

I could really get behind this. It would allow for some pretty cool RP scenarios too. 

AKA, cops vs criminals, Bacalavas and the whole 9 yards.

This is awesome, I always try to play a cop (because there's no riot gear yet) and this would be an awesome item to search for before getting my role play on , also I would like to see pepper spray that blurs vision come into the game at the same time as this belt !

This is awesome, I always try to play a cop (because there's no riot gear yet) and this would be an awesome item to search for before getting my role play on , also I would like to see pepper spray that blurs vision come into the game at the same time as this belt !

Pepper spray, couldnt see that in any way being helpful.

Wanna incapacitate someone? Cattle prod. Donezo.

Pepper spray wouldnt work on the infected either, so REALLY cant see that in the game.

Pepper spray, couldnt see that in any way being helpful.

Wanna incapacitate someone? Cattle prod. Donezo.

Pepper spray wouldnt work on the infected either, so REALLY cant see that in the game.

Why wouldn't pepper spray work on someone, or on an infected? Have you been pepper-sprayed before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

It causes your eyes and mucous membranes to swell and causes temporary blindness. The pain related to this is "secondary". Your eyes swell shut, and you leak mucus from your nose and throat for a LONG time. If anything, pepper spray would be a more effective incapacitant than a stun baton. At least with pepper spray, they can stumble under their own power.

Nothing in there about not working on infected. They might ignore the pain, but if they can't see or smell you, they are effectively helpless.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

There is Riot Gear. OREL Special Police Uniform, Black High Cap Vest (has POLICE written on the back), black balaclava and a black spray painted K6-3 GORKA Helmet with visor. There's your riot gear.

Why wouldn't pepper spray work on someone, or on an infected? Have you been pepper-sprayed before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

It causes your eyes and mucous membranes to swell and causes temporary blindness. The pain related to this is "secondary". Your eyes swell shut, and you leak mucus from your nose and throat for a LONG time. If anything, pepper spray would be a more effective incapacitant than a stun baton. At least with pepper spray, they can stumble under their own power.

Nothing in there about not working on infected. They might ignore the pain, but if they can't see or smell you, they are effectively helpless.

I still dont see a point to it. You could achieve (basically) the same results with a cattle prod, which is already in the game and ALMOST has the same range. Incapacitation is the goal, and thats what we are aiming for.

And, I havent seen anything, although im sure its buried in the forums somewhere, how do the infected even detect us? I know they can by sound and sight, and, if im not mistaken, pepper spray wont stop being heard.

Edited by Syphonz

Me and a buddy got bear maced by a couple of hooligans before (cannot blame them they were terrified of my friend :) ) and basically what happens is you have a good ten seconds of failing vision before you realize how much pain you are in, and it's not worth chasing down a couple of mouthy miscreants and go blind for a good while.

The trick to getting maced is to use that ten seconds of failing vision to get a-hold of them and throttle them good!

Something like this would go extremely well with that nightstick that's been in the game files forever but for some reason hasn't been implemented.

I still dont see a point to it. You could achieve (basically) the same results with a cattle prod, which is already in the game and ALMOST has the same range. Incapacitation is the goal, and thats what we are aiming for.

And, I havent seen anything, although im sure its buried in the forums somewhere, how do the infected even detect us? I know they can by sound and sight, and, if im not mistaken, pepper spray wont stop being heard.

That's practically the same argument for having different melee weapons (Fireaxe, Splitting Axe, and Hatchet make a wonderful example). Just because they serve a similar purpose doesn't mean they shouldn't be added. If anything add it in for the diversity.

That's practically the same argument for having different melee weapons (Fireaxe, Splitting Axe, and Hatchet make a wonderful example). Just because they serve a similar purpose doesn't mean they shouldn't be added. If anything add it in for the diversity.

The difference between though though is the weight behind them, they have a tanginble difference. A fireaxe would obviously be able to do MORE damage than a little hatchet, seeing as there is more weight behind it, allowing there to be more damage behind each blow. There's a reason its the strongest in the game. ;)

The pepper spray, yah, it could work for imobilizing someone, but, that would be just their sight.

The infected, I REALLY cant see this doing anything to stop them. They can obviously still track us by hearing, which this wont stop.

My opinion remains the same.

The difference between though though is the weight behind them, they have a tanginble difference. A fireaxe would obviously be able to do MORE damage than a little hatchet, seeing as there is more weight behind it, allowing there to be more damage behind each blow. There's a reason its the strongest in the game. ;)

The pepper spray, yah, it could work for imobilizing someone, but, that would be just their sight.

The infected, I REALLY cant see this doing anything to stop them. They can obviously still track us by hearing, which this wont stop.

My opinion remains the same.

But see, while a fireaxe does more damage, if we compared the pepper spray to say the cattle prod (Which both would be use to immobilize someone), one does more "damage" or has a stronger effect. It's practically the same thing. One is stronger than another. Why shouldn't it be in?

But see, while a fireaxe does more damage, if we compared the pepper spray to say the cattle prod (Which both would be use to immobilize someone), one does more "damage" or has a stronger effect. It's practically the same thing. One is stronger than another. Why shouldn't it be in?

Because the pepper spray is not a imobilzing agent against infected. It will quite literally have ZERO to no effect on them (at least, im assuming so, I dont know what their pain tolerance is, or if they even feel pain, I cant remember reading up about it somewhere.) Infected track by sight, yes, thats true, with the new stealth system. But they also track by sound, which is demonstrated. Maybe it might stop them for a little bit, and im talking a VERY little bit.

Id rather see the devs work on something worthwhile, other than something that would be used, what, maybe by 2% of all characters in the game? (random number there) And the way the current engine works, with character models, I could very easily negate the effect of pepper spray by having either a "Gas Mask" or, simply holding my head down. The spray wouldnt be hitting your eyes then.

Cattle prod works in all situations. Spray doesnt.

Edited by Syphonz

Because the pepper spray is not a imobilzing agent against infected. It will quite literally have ZERO to no effect on them (at least, im assuming so, I dont know what their pain tolerance is, or if they even feel pain, I cant remember reading up about it somewhere.) Infected track by sight, yes, thats true, with the new stealth system. But they also track by sound, which is demonstrated. Maybe it might stop them for a little bit, and im talking a VERY little bit.

Id rather see the devs work on something worthwhile, other than something that would be used, what, maybe by 2% of all characters in the game? (random number there) And the way the current engine works, with character models, I could very easily negate the effect of pepper spray by having either a "Gas Mask" or, simply holding my head down. The spray wouldnt be hitting your eyes then.

Cattle prod works in all situations. Spray doesnt.

Fair enough I suppose, but does it HAVE to work on Infected? I mean, I can tie up people, but not those pesky zeds.

Fair enough I suppose, but does it HAVE to work on Infected? I mean, I can tie up people, but not those pesky zeds.

Id prefer a zapper for that. Or a quick smack on the head with a AKM :D

• Like 1

Sadly from what I've heard is that belts like this have clipping issues and they are trying to stay away from it. I hope it has changed but try to find one of the posts I made about utility vests and read a reply written on it,

Honestly, it would be awesome if we had more external carrying capacity in general. I want to hang shit off my coat for people to see. I want to have a hip-holster, or maybe just a sack that hangs off my belt for keeping my swag in. I want an inventory system that allows decoration as well as storage.

I want to wear a necklace made of bandit ears. I want to struggle under the weight of a pack that leaves me hunched and hobbled. Maybe even hang tassels from my pants and canteens from my vest.

• Like 1