Sign in to follow this  
Writhe (DayZ)

Server names and enforcement

I am curious as to the persistence/loot state of all public servers right now. 

Some servers say persistence off, some on, and some say high loot, mega loot etc.

From what I read, servers can't modify the loot, and persistence is forced on as of .56. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

-Writhe

Pretty sure those servers that say megaloot etc are bullshitting.

Same goes for servers that say PvE only.....it is against the rules.

• Like 3

Same goes for servers that say PvE only.....it is against the rules.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea about what "forced persistence means and if admins or GSP's can turn it off?

Again i am pretty sure enabling persistence will be out of the servers hands.

Still many people believe what is said in the server name.

I joined a server which stated that there would be more loot in Elektro.

It turned out to be "true" because all those fools went there in hope for more loot and their corpses (and their stuff) were everywhere.

Was a great sight. :D

Still many people believe what is said in the server name.

I joined a server which stated that there would be more loot in Elektro.

It turned out to be "true" because all those fools went there in hope for more loot and their corpses (and their stuff) were everywhere.

Was a great sight. :D

i went for the punch and pie.

• Like 1

Again i am pretty sure enabling persistence will be out of the servers hands.

loo_zps7xd5hjtg.jpg

OMG to have a tent again..

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 2

And still on the public server list are tens if not a hundred PUBLIC servers that are using their server as private, breaking the game, this has been on-going issue since launch and still no attempt to fix it has been made,,, completely breaks the whole loot system when public hive servers are allowed to kick people, remove the right to kick on public. If people want a safe loot server where they kick everyone that joins, they should have to choose PRIVATE

Public servers kicking people constant issue, breaks the loot and hive because people abuse it. The dev's won't even acknowledge this issue, the money from servers keeps coming in.

Stop the cheating and kicking please.

And still on the public server list are tens if not a hundred PUBLIC servers that are using their server as private, breaking the game, this has been on-going issue since launch and still no attempt to fix it has been made,,, completely breaks the whole loot system when public hive servers are allowed to kick people, remove the right to kick on public. If people want a safe loot server where they kick everyone that joins, they should have to choose PRIVATE

Public servers kicking people constant issue, breaks the loot and hive because people abuse it. The dev's won't even acknowledge this issue, the money from servers keeps coming in.

Ouch! And here's where the train went off the tracks guise. The devs are aware that some admins are not prepared to follow the server hosting rules, hence the option of reporting abusive server admins: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

• Like 3

Ouch! And here's where the train went off the tracks guise. The devs are aware that some admins are not prepared to follow the server hosting rules, hence the option of reporting abusive server admins: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Could you not give us a easy option ingame to report? Or maybe a website form where we can just put in the IP and offense? It is such a hussle to find out who is hosting the server and to report to all GSPs is just too much.

• Like 3

Admin is and will always be around. This issue comes hand in hand with allowing the players to have their own servers. It will never go away and is one of the reasons most persistent world/character games like DayZ dont do it (although ARK will also be using this model so expect the same issues there). The only answer is only having official servers. This however is a game design choice and is not going to change. You see admin abuse much less it seems on private hives but that is only my experience.

I chuckle to myself when the suggestion to report comes up. I dont normally record all gameplay and often screenshots are not enough evidence. One of the most p8pular servers is known for admins kicking you if you kill them. (See Respawnonme's twitch for the VoD) Im sure there have been multiple reports but the are still up and running. With a constant 50 population and advertisements over server messages for their game servers, why would they do anything? Same goes for names like 'Mass Loot'. Providers just dont care...

• Like 1

Question sorta related to server namings and persistence - do helicopter crashes now finally spawn (show up) on persistent servers?

You sir, have just opened a can of worms.  Be careful not to forcefeed any of it to the devs.  These forums don't take kindly to strongly worded demands; especially demands of BI to properly enforce their own published server hosting rules.  It might have something to do with alpha, only time will tell.

In the meantime, try playing official servers.  They only rarely disappear, and you will only get kicked once every four hours, like clockwork.

• Like 2

Question sorta related to server namings and persistence - do helicopter crashes now finally spawn (show up) on persistent servers?

Yes, but they are displaced by about 50 to 100 feet.  If you know exactly where they normally should be, the loot will be there.  I like to lay down and roll side-to-side in the general area; this helps to make loot more visible by flattening the grass.  It also keeps my noggin markedly more intact while fumbling around in the middle of a field fo ten minutes.

• Like 1

Solution, play on private servers. There you can be fairly sure that anyone with "loot" ran around and got it the old fashion way, not from farming on a "locked" server or server hopping. 

• Like 1

I've encountered servers where they are public and lock it for no reason , I've been kicked for killing certain clanmates / admins , and I've been on servers that have reset after killing the badmin of said server ... Reported them all and the only one that I couldn't get into trouble was the last one because vilayer or whoever said it could have easily been a mistake (although these clan a holes do it all the time when they get wrecked).

Report admin abuse , it helps , and is really not all that hard , create an email message to all 5 or whatever GSPs with the video of you getting kicked attached, it may take a day or two but in my experience the server gets unlocked or starts acting like real admins as soon as they get a slap on the wrist ... Of course that was the easiest example of reporting admin abuse , I'm sure some of you have horror stories of trying to report certain servers .

Could you not give us a easy option ingame to report? Or maybe a website form where we can just put in the IP and offense? It is such a hussle to find out who is hosting the server and to report to all GSPs is just too much.

Dammit, must have missed the notification from this quote.

You can also report servers on the Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com

Just state what the problem is and add the ip + port numbers, then I'll make sure to get it done. Also, I'll make sure to update the info on our sticky here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

• Like 2

Yes, but they are displaced by about 50 to 100 feet.  If you know exactly where they normally should be, the loot will be there.  I like to lay down and roll side-to-side in the general area; this helps to make loot more visible by flattening the grass.  It also keeps my noggin markedly more intact while fumbling around in the middle of a field fo ten minutes.

And they always spawn at the same three places (to the north of Stary, to the west of Veresnik Hill, and to the NW of Lopatino. Because of this they are usually insta-looted and/or heavily camped by classy snipers.

Report admin abuse , it helps , and is really not all that hard , create an email message to all 5 or whatever GSPs with the video of you getting kicked attached, it may take a day or two but in my experience the server gets unlocked or starts acting like real admins as soon as they get a slap on the wrist ... Of course that was the easiest example of reporting admin abuse , I'm sure some of you have horror stories of trying to report certain servers .

I get it. They are breaking the rules somewhat. But damn man you must be a sad individual to live for being a tattle tell. I just don't understand why people like you act this way. Just chill bro, move to a different server and keep gaming.

I get it. They are breaking the rules somewhat. But damn man you must be a sad individual to live for being a tattle tell. I just don't understand why people like you act this way. Just chill bro, move to a different server and keep gaming.

Because breaking the rules breaks the game, if you do not understand that then you are not getting it.

• Like 3

well, when you are kicked after killing a badmin, letting him reloot his dead body right after, it's hard to chill.

same goes for pussies squad that lock their server to farm AKM/PSO or M4, store their gear in a tent in the middle of elektro on their locked server and then go on open public server to smash freshies, exit the server when they die, gear up at their tent on their server and then go back fully geared 5 minutes later on a public server. i call that pay to win too... those things are killing the game

• Like 1

Not exactly true. Its very easy to force loot puke. Performance sucks, but loot count is controllable on the legacy loot system.

The ones I like best are called "No loot, don't join" or "Loot broken, no spawns".

Well it was a thread debating server names and rules- my comment was directly related to server rules

This has been an issue since launch, reported multiple times, and still you have done nothing. A much easier solution would be to just lock public servers from been able to kick people, as they have literally no need at all for that on Public servers. That feature has been left in to sell more servers

• Like 1

because every server on the public list with less than 10 people is pretty much doing this, its taken over all of your public servers, its impossible to go on a low pop server and chill on public, they all kick you just for joining, and B.I. still never removes that kick option because it helps keep servers popular