Sign in to follow this  
Apollo'sFire

Awaiting .57

As I sit here patiently waiting for the next update, I feel compelled to watch some YouTube of SA, to be drawn back into a game I have invested a lot of time into, to feel the NEED to hop on my player and discover something new and encounter new players. Unfortunately I'm just not feeling the love, they say absence makes the heart grow more fond, I've been absent for almost all of May, I've been trying to cut back, I've been trying to fill the void with other games, but there's this nagging, this itch, this power that keeps pulling me back, I don't think I can keep away much longer, hurry devs, I need .57 in my life.

What's the first you're going to do after downloading? I'm hunting for a blaze/sporter and a scope.

Edited by Apollo'sFire
  • Like 1

TIME TO RUSH TO HELI CRASH SITES FOR THE NEW TOYS!!!!!!! *hunger games music plays*

Edited by Claws4life

All you need to survive in .57 is a shovel and a canteen.

Hopefully I'll be hunting toadstools by then.

With .57 is it confirmed that there are no infected on stable? I never saw a clear post for us stable guys.

Just continue to RP with peeps and fall victim to KOS. ;)

These are the dog dayz.

If heli crashes are actually working in .57 I'll play it. If not, maybe not.

I do find myself wondering what the point of persistence is. Crashes don't work, trucks don't spawn anymore, harder and harder to survive as a newspawn. People just aren't having that much fun (as evidenced by the huge drop-off in players since April).

If that means a 'game' that some of the priesthood here want to play, but no one else does, so be it I guess.

• Like 3

If this update that CLE I have been waiting for 6 months is not back.

If those heli crashes are not fixed.

If persistence is still not functioning perfectly.

If they didn't fix dupers properly.

If there will still be cheaters at the game.

I will quit.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will quit this game.

712 hours put in, for what? My 712 hours and much much more hours here in the forums, reddit, twitch streams, I spent a lot of my time CONVINCING others that the devs are doing a good job, but what?

I was really excited about that roadmap, but can you tell me what were done from that roadmap? Everything delayed, like everything. Even if something is added its like added half.

I gave up on this game, I have been a dev fanboy the last 9 months but now I just gave up with it.

Talk is cheap, talk is cheap and once again, talk is cheap...

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 4

I'm on the same page as Mookie, it's just not as fun anymore, when I first of heard of DayZ I wanted to play all commando mountain man style (in .45) well that wasn't going to happen very easily so I got to know the map and got better at PVP, with every update I attempted my mountain man playstyle, inching closer and closer with every update, except .56, crossbows are glitched and it sucks now that I can find bolts, oh the irony. It feels like we keep fighting an uphill battle, one forward and two back kind of thing.

• Like 2

If this update that CLE I have been waiting for 6 months is not back.

If those heli crashes are not fixed.

-I doubt they are, I quess they are just waiting for implementation of dynamic events. Might be in .57 though, but I wouldn't count on it. Heli crashes are cool and all but imho they are not so important that I can't wait. Lots of other cool stuff to do while waiting for their correct implementation.

If persistence is still not functioning perfectly.

-If I remember right, Hicks said that we are several months away from CLE working perfectly (As in Dayz 1.0 perfect). It's something that will be tweaked along the way. I'm sure it'll be better than early .55 and .56, though...

If they didn't fix dupers properly.

-All the current methods of duping are fixed in .56 (as far as I know). I'm sure more will come up and they'll get fixed along the way also.

If there will still be cheaters at the game.

-I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but there will always be cheaters in the game. It's an ongoing battle against them. Vulnerabilites are found -> cheaters use those vulnerabilites -> vulnerabilities are fixed and cheaters banned, rinse and repeat.

I will quit.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will quit this game.

712 hours put in, for what? My 712 hours and much much more hours here in the forums, reddit, twitch streams, I spent a lot of my time CONVINCING others that the devs are doing a good job, but what?

I was really excited about that roadmap, but can you tell me what were done from that roadmap? Everything delayed, like everything. Even if something is added its like added half.

I gave up on this game, I have been a dev fanboy the last 9 months but now I just gave up with it.

Talk is cheap, talk is cheap and once again, talk is cheap...

I suggest that you take a break and check on the progress later, if you're still interested. It's easy to burn yourself out if you play and follow dayz too much during early access, I'm no stranger to that myself either.

Edited by Sister Ray
  • Like 1

I loved when .55 dropped with the persistent central economy, it was actually difficult to survive.  There I was, fully geared (IMO) with AUG, TTSKO, Hunting Bag, Full Plate Carrier etc, and I was stuffing my face with berries hoping I wouldn't die of starvation, all because we couldn't find a cooking pot to cook our steaks.  Finding a bag of rice or can of beans was like Christmas!  My friend and I setup a camp with multiple tents, a stone oven, farming plots, we had a V3S stashed nearby, and all of this was valuable because being able to store food and water was important... and then they took it all away by disabling that loot system.  Haven't really played since, waiting for centralized persistent loot to return.

• Like 1

What's the first you're going to do after downloading? I'm hunting for a blaze/sporter and a scope.

Find a dependable way to feed myself. It's the first thing I do as any fresh spawn. Everything else comes after that. :) For me that everything else is checking out map changes.

Find a dependable way to feed myself. It's the first thing I do as any fresh spawn. Everything else comes after that. :) For me that everything else is checking out map changes.

Oh but of course, pardon me, you're correct, I MUST eat first lol. I would settle for a crossbow as well

I can safely said it won't roll out tomorrow to stable then....

Been away for 8 weeks and just got back on. Not sure where this game is going anymore. Seems to be going backwards at times. And the current player count and network issues are real concerns the Devs should be in crisis talks about. Overreaction ? Not sure but this long winded update process is taking it's toll on hardcore fans. The player base is a little disheartened (if this forum is anything to go by) and I for one would like to see a frequency increase in game updates / fixed and engine improvements. But alas it's an Alpha and means it's a 'get out of jail' card.

Not the DayZ I recall.

Been away for 8 weeks and just got back on. Not sure where this game is going anymore. Seems to be going backwards at times. And the current player count and network issues are real concerns the Devs should be in crisis talks about. Overreaction ? Not sure but this long winded update process is taking it's toll on hardcore fans. The player base is a little disheartened (if this forum is anything to go by) and I for one would like to see a frequency increase in game updates / fixed and engine improvements. But alas it's an Alpha and means it's a 'get out of jail' card.

Not the DayZ I recall.

Well that was a feeble attempt to amplify personal dissatisfaction by lumping together a bunch of generalizations and overblown assumptions. If you find you don't like early access just don't participate in it in the future, it really doesn't have to be more than that.

• Like 1

Well that was a feeble attempt to amplify personal dissatisfaction by lumping together a bunch of generalizations and overblown assumptions. If you find you don't like early access just don't participate in it in the future, it really doesn't have to be more than that.

No problem fan boy. You have your opinion and I have mine. 

• Like 1

No problem fan boy. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Clearly. :D

I think the game is falling apart at this stage. Interest is dying fast. Forum activity is down by more than half compared to 6 months ago, its harder to find high cap servers and issues from the last year are still in the game. No one in my gaming group or steam friends list play this group and suggestions of dayz bring up the same groans and (albeit valid) complaints of a project that is behind. This game was Bohemia's most popular title in their history. They should be doing their best to keep interests high.

• Like 1

In fairness the last few months have seen a patch which split opinion and was borked initially, alongside this there have been high profile releases like gta v and the witches. It's unsurprising that as the game had stalked whilst waiting for some of the 'behind the scenes' work to make an appearance (engine/renderer reworks) that people would jump on these fun and polished games.

There's also the YouTube situation, with poor server performance and gun fights more often than no decided by desynch rather than skill, content creation has taken a huge hit which leads to less advertising therefore fewer players coming in. In teens of attracting new players, recent issues flood forums as well which will scare the unsure and inexperienced away.

These things come in cycles, as the game progresses and servers become more stable the 'big personalities' will produce more content and more will be drawn back.

Stupid question but how long do updates like this normally take before servers go live again? I havent played in a very long time and just got back on tonight only to find all the servers go down an hour into my gaming :P

• Like 1

I think the game is falling apart at this stage. Interest is dying fast. Forum activity is down by more than half compared to 6 months ago, its harder to find high cap servers and issues from the last year are still in the game. No one in my gaming group or steam friends list play this group and suggestions of dayz bring up the same groans and (albeit valid) complaints of a project that is behind. This game was Bohemia's most popular title in their history. They should be doing their best to keep interests high.

See comment below.  Also, try runnig through the woods, farming, or fishing IRL.

In fairness the last few months have seen a patch which split opinion and was borked initially, alongside this there have been high profile releases like gta v and the witches. 

I have to agree with that; seen a lot of people diverted to GTA.  

ALSO:  Summer; in the Northern Hemishpere, at least.

I find it funny that the same 5% always sit and defend the gross errors being made in the development of the game.

I honestly think this is the best game iv ever played. Ever.

But. AND there is a big but. serious overhaul needs to be put into fixing persistence. It's been broken since it's inception. Honestly I just want loot to spawn. Keep it rare, but for the love of god spawn.

Dayz still has plenty of promise, and I still have faith (at least a little) that it will eventually be ironed out.

This is a game that has the potential to draw huge crowds and even be thriving 10 years after its official release.

The devs just need to come through.

Oh quit back seat deving they havnt made any errors yet except break a few thing in a game still being developed which is a given considering the game is broken.After beta then yeah bitch all ya want.Illl defend it because well im still having fun which surprise is why i paid for the game to have fun.

played alot of the mod, recently got back into the standalone afew many months because it wasnt anything like the mod, been on the past week and i personally think its even buggier than before.. should of just focused on the arma mod tbh i thought it was alot more enjoyable