Sign in to follow this  
vfxtodd

Going bandit hunting before wipe tonight

"Bandit Hunting" has to be the most frequent excuse ever to actually play as a bandit.

If your goal is to go out and murder people then you're a bandit.  This means you.

If you would've said  "I still have all this ammo, I need to find bodies to put them in."  then your intentions would be much clearer, without the fluff.

Personally, I find this statement to be adorable.  :)

I'd disagree, bandit hunting means you kill people who attempt to kill others, but first make contact and questioning them see if they are friendly, obviously if they are aggresive or shoot first they are the bandit.

lol, "going Bandit hunting before whipe " - pretty much shoots everyone regardless.. well done..."hero"

, but first make contact and questioning them see if they are friendly

that is like drowning a bounded Girl with red hair and if she sinks she wasent a witch....

Bad =

anyone with a facemask

not true...i wear the White dustfiltermask if i find one all the time :( Altho there is a psychological effect in that if People cant see your face they are more liekly to harm you .

Also...the bigger the Group the dumber they are...

Last time io played i broke some squeekers legs, bounded him and left him on a crossroad in bit outside of electro. Shoot everyone whom came near him to help and in the end ate everyone i killed.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I disagree that there is no such thing as a genuine bandit hunter or hero playstyle. (Take Rhinocrunch's videos for example.)

But it's an incredibly hard play style to commit to and properly uphold for several reasons.
Morals are not black and white. The definition of a bandit changes depending on who you ask. "Bandits", are hard to identify until something horrible has happened. Mistakes will be made.

The last time I tried to play a bandit hunter or "hero", I almost killed several geared players who I thought were holding up a group of bambies, only to realize later that the geared players were only defending the bambies from zombies, and trying to pass out food and aid.

I remember joining up half a dozen times with groups and even a teamspeak clan, where everyone agreed to be friendly and help other players and fight bandits as our mission statement, just for us to turn into bandits ourselves 10 minutes later.

It's just more fun to survive in a world where you can find a gun in a house, bullets on a kitchen counter, and you are surrounded by people who you can't trust.
Rather than to be in a world where you can tell who is good and bad.
Realize, that the DayZ community generally consist of people who think they're hardcore for torturing or ambushing other players, and that you can get shot depending on the type of hat you wear.

In the end, the only true heroes are those helping people through non-violent means. Giving out food, helping people escape hold ups without killing anyone, giving medical aid, fighting off zombies to help bambies or injured players, and showing mercy.

Edited by Deadjuice

'Bandit Hunting' is impossible. When you kill someone, you don't ask them "by the way, are you killing people for loot?".

So if by bandit hunting, you mean killing people that have guns and know how to use them, good luck. ;)

I'd disagree, bandit hunting means you kill people who attempt to kill others, but first make contact and questioning them see if they are friendly, obviously if they are aggresive or shoot first they are the bandit.

I've always wanted to respond to someone asking if I am friendly by replying, "No, I am not friendly, and am in fact, a bandit. Definitely do not trust me."

Edited by Deadjuice

I've always wanted to respond to someone asking if I am friendly by replying, "No, I am not friendly, and am in fact, a bandit. Definitely do not trust me."

Bandit hunting isn't killing people who try to kill others. That's called pvp, buddy.

If someone kills someone for their loot, or robs them, then that's taking from them, and making them a bandit.

but if someone attempts to kill others, and you kill them, then you both are just pvp-ing. No banditry involved.

Bad =

anyone in 100% military gear with automatic weapons

Bad =

anyone with a facemask

Bad =

probably also include anyone wearing a cowboy hat (heh, why not ?) they deserve to be shot

Instead of 'bad' or 'good' how about a new category = Worthless

??

shoot them, beat them to death with a spade, or maybe eat them

xx thats not true i liek the look of green clothing and why are automatic weapons only for bandits. if i killed a player who was shooting at me and took all his gear and i a bandit because i took a weapon? just because someone like the look of clothing doesnt make them a bandit.

Edited by Exiled_Soul

Whenever someone says "Well, I'm off to kill some bandits." I know that in a few hours a bunch of people will be like, "This damn bandit KOS me for no reason."

Lol @ my post being hidden. Unfortunately, hidden or not, it's true. :\

Anyway OP, did you decide whether or not it's socially acceptable to go PvP in a game with automatic weapons, grenades, and virtually no repercussions whatsoever in so doing? ;)

Lol @ my post being hidden. Unfortunately, hidden or not, it's true. :\

Hello there

Hidden for a very good reason. No need to reference it. Fine line, Grimey fine line.

Rgds

LoK

I prefer to stock up on mines and bear traps and set them up in loot explosions. Much more satisfying knowing i could be driving home from work, or drinking on my pontoon boat, that someone somewhere is cursing at his "you are dead" screen or crawling around in 5fps looking for splint mats.

• Like 1