boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

excellent progress, the game is looking really good and fps isnt too bad. 35 fps in cities, 90+ outside.

Can you tell us your PC spec's and your monitor resolution ?

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if people would stop looting everything and hiding it just so that others can't get it to use themselves especially those who take the

loot and hide it then never come back for it. There are selfish people in this game who only care about whether they're the ones who have the loot and nobody

else even if they don't actually plan on using it themselves.

loot which is in backpacks/tents or in players inventory does not count for CLE. Its taken and a new item will spawn, not on the old place but somewhere on the map where no player is.

Yes, its not easy to start as freshspawn, its totaly dump to pick berries for 20 minutes to get enough energy to head inland, but now we have to accept it.

When all players have looted the map to far north/west and all players stay there, loot will respawn near the coast.

it takes some time but it will be happen

• Like 1

I'm really loving the new hunting jackets. I'm hoping that since the old hunters pants aren't spawning (at least I haven't seen them) it means they're getting re-textured to match.

Without zombies there is no motivation to endure struggle.

Except testing, so they can reintroduce zombies.

• Like 2

It's a struggle, but it can be done even without being a cannibal, and it's a blast. I basically lost all my good loot I found in cherno after startup. I had to rely on using nature, forget the loot. Stone knife, book, and short ash tree can net you a fire with cooked meat. I would have died without the hand drill and stick cooking. Now I'm in the north and healthy.

Finding tools SHOULDNT be a fucking struggle. I can understand other items but what the fuck is some one going to do with 20 hammers and screwdrivers hording them all? lol

Just basic tools shouldn't be as damn rare as they currently are at the moment.

Expect they will remove zombies in next stable patch : quoted from stats report

"As the programming team moves ahead on investigating infected costs on server side performance, we'll be disabling infected spawning on stable branch servers (post-stable update)to ensure the highest quality of gameplay on that branch."  what a mess, what gameplay quality if there are no infected ? a typical TDM game, I can understand if it's in Exp but on stable ! .

Edited by Raptor_i81

Finding tools SHOULDNT be a fucking struggle. I can understand other items but what the fuck is some one going to do with 20 hammers and screwdrivers hording them all? lol

I'm not so sure they are rare. I see quite a few of them here and there, most people don't pick them up.

I'm not so sure they are rare. I see quite a few of them here and there, most people don't pick them up.

Lol im playing right now and iv only found like maybe 3 or 4 tops. XD

Even kitchen ware shouldn't be so rare in a town.

Edited by Deathlove

"As the programming team moves ahead on investigating infected costs on server side performance, we'll be disabling infected spawning on stable branch servers (post-stable update)to ensure the highest quality of gameplay on that branch."  what a mess, what gameplay quality if there are no infected ? a typical TDM game, I can understand if it's in Exp but on stable ! .

Yeah, honestly, I'm a bit perplexed by this decision myself.

I guess they HAVE to release something "stable" that's also a degree of progress, zombies or not.

Exp will begin to have infected again ASAP andwe'll get to give that a go.

Bumps happen in alpha, sometimes the bump is the size of Green Mountain and sometimes it's a molehill....

I don't think anyone feels the burn more than Bohemia/the devs.

• Like 1

the destroyed jail house in turovo is still spawning loot  :|

There several buildings that are even missing completely that are still spawning loot, such is the nature of experimental.

• Like 1

Jesus, what is this? Rust?  At least in Rust they added wolves and bears when they took the zeds out.

WTF??  Now I want .57, I know what I said before about things being hard enough without zeds but jeez.  I miss the zeds already and I only said that shit yesterday.  I think I may end up playing the SWG EMU for Christ's sake.

For most people , .56 stable will be a great time to take a break and play/do something else, I will still play regardless of Zeds being removed temporarily because it's just that ; temporary .. So as long as I get to search for an Svd/vss an experiment with a barrel then I'm happy ... Of course .57 will be much more exciting with Zeds back (if thy are back in .57) and all this new awesome content from .56 :) .

Play on playas don't let the man get you down !! Just got a Winchester last night after dayz of searching so I'm not giving up yet !!

• Like 2

That is a fair point, the tools give use options, that's fun. Eating canned food doesn't give options, and is not fun. >.55 with legacy loot

Edited by Coheed_IV

For most people , .56 stable will be a great time to take a break and play/do something else, I will still play regardless of Zeds being removed temporarily because it's just that ; temporary .. So as long as I get to search for an Svd/vss an experiment with a barrel then I'm happy ... Of course .57 will be much more exciting with Zeds back (if thy are back in .57) and all this new awesome content from .56 :) .

Play on playas don't let the man get you down !! Just got a Winchester last night after dayz of searching so I'm not giving up yet !!

I'll play, just like I did when infected were less dangerous and in less numbers. We dealt with that for a year, it's almost the same as playing on .54 and prior for me.

Personally, it's really just the difference between whether I'll play for 2-3 hours (zombieless) or 8-10 hours (zombies galore).

If they don't get the information they need from 100s of players in an hour of play, they're not going to get the info they need at all. =) Also, you can't debug something without having it present. And one more thing...you can pay to test all you want, I get payed to test. So once again, you need higher standards, man. =P

They haven't gone into specifics, but the new "horde" code was having some form of exception that ended up building up and causing massive server instability. I would bet they have a rough idea and it was in a benign looking piece of code that is quite vital. So now in-house they are testing testing testing zombie AI.

Just a guess.

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=
  • Like 2

If they don't get the information they need from 100s of players in an hour of play, they're not going to get the info they need at all. =) Also, you can't debug something without having it present. And one more thing...you can pay to test all you want, I get payed to test. So once again, you need higher standards, man. =P

Great, I've been a paid tester as well for multiple companies here in NYC.  It's not that hard to get that work and usually doesn't pay well.

You're not the only person who has been involved with the production of games around here, and you certainly don't have any inside line to what the internal work at Bohemia looks like.

Maybe they are freeing up other processes that are interfering with infected AI before reintroducing the infected? (Isn't that what they said?)

I still think you're often just being a naysayer whenever you can, (which is unfortunate because I am a big Ninja Scroll fan since I first rented it from Blockbuster....).

I'm from NYC and you come off snotty sometimes, sorry not sorry. Are you in L.A. perhaps? :)

(New Yorkers >>>>>>>>> more polite than they are given credit for. Try being rude in a city of 8 million and having anything function.)

Honestly, you seem to want to find every flaw you can and often with complete disregard to the facts of DayZ development.

Everything about DayZ is really an experiment of sorts and some ways that the game was set out to be developed have never been attempted and have no industry standard applicable.

You see the enormous amount of bugs that pop up in this old parts > new parts + new engine integration?

It's impossible to account for all of these factors, all the time.

Soon this build will be a forgotten chapter in DayZ dev and you'll have your next hiccup to be hyper critical of, "Why don't these first implementations of barricading boards work perfectly the first time! Noob devs!!"

Hey!? Remember that bug from that patch in February 2014, you know that "game breaking" bug everyone cried about.... yeah me neither, because they fixed it and you all forgot and have little appreciation.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if people would stop looting everything and hiding it just so that others can't get it to use themselves especially those who take the

loot and hide it then never come back for it. There are selfish people in this game who only care about whether they're the ones who have the loot and nobody

else even if they don't actually plan on using it themselves.

Stuff stashed away does not count for CLE (already mentioned), so one might actually argue that it allows CLE to take over loot distribution faster ... that does not mean that I think ppl trying to trigger loot spawns are good though ;)

Sooo, did a larger run today, everyone seems to already know where the three chopper crashes are and the are getting hopped like a trampoline it seems. Found something funny a few hundred meters east, maybe 100 south of the crossing between the road going through Grishino and the road going towards Severograd:

EexmFlq.jpg

Clearly the water is not using PhysiX here :)

Same for some trees there just south of the road to Severograd:

KlaR2as.jpg

All fun and stuff, but then it became problematic at the prison north of Severograd inside a guard tower (just south of the prison):

kIijWtC.jpg

Who can spot the problem?

eIyY6CA.jpg

Well, I was not able to go down. Finally I decided to jump, after all some ppl reported accidentially falling down somewhere without getting hurt ... did not work for me:

My buddy looting my corpse, could not get him to eat me, though.

yIHEnbb.jpg...it goes on below for quite a bit after that :( Doesn't my buddy have the cutest head gear?

Good bye SVD, MP5, mags, bottles, ...

So ... either test that guard tower (for science) or avoid it. Otherwise these towers, deer stands and those little huts with "runnable" stairs in the woods are all great for niceties like scopes, guns, ... .

I asked earlier about loot spawning being confirmed, we found an SVD in a hangar in the NWAF, a strong indicator, I guess, but I also saw a quiver spawn right in front of me, sooo yepp. Food was plentyful on the server in the west, guard houses really explode and some industrials do, too. Also there are plenty of houses without clothing and then, when we found some, there were very often more than 10 pieces of clothing in a building.

Has anyone found an SVD mag anywhere but at a chopper crash...iirc someone wrote that is the only place where they spawn :(

Edited by bautschi

Ok so I can't seem to figure out how to put images directly into this post with spoilers but I have uploaded my screenshots onto imgur. I'll label them so you don't have to sort through to see ones you want to see! Really liking .56, It's a struggle but that's what makes it fun and rewarding

fox meat on Ashwood Stick (appears only ashwoods work)
http://i.imgur.com/3OcOdVX.jpg

Raw Fox meat (and my character after a 240minute session starting from fresh B) )
http://i.imgur.com/E310fKz.jpg

Cooking the meat with a stick
http://i.imgur.com/QWwv7yf.jpg

Cooked Fox meat, atleast i hope it was cooked (still says raw....)
http://i.imgur.com/AdaMQlm.jpg

Would have posted the new hunting scope and the actual dead fox but all my screenshots from before that session and even some of the ones from it are not showing up in steam =[

• Like 1

Great, I've been a paid tester as well for multiple companies here in NYC.  It's not that hard to get that work and usually doesn't pay well.

You're not the only person who has been involved with the production of games around here, and you certainly don't have any inside line to what the internal work at Bohemia looks like.

Maybe they are freeing up other processes that are interfering with infected AI before reintroducing the infected? (Isn't that what they said?)

I still think you're often just being a naysayer whenever you can, (which is unfortunate because I am a big Ninja Scroll fan since I first rented it from Blockbuster....).

I'm from NYC and you come off snotty sometimes, sorry not sorry. Are you in L.A. perhaps? :)

(New Yorkers >>>>>>>>> more polite than they are given credit for. Try being rude in a city of 8 million and having anything function.)

Honestly, you seem to want to find every flaw you can and often with complete disregard to the facts of DayZ development.

Everything about DayZ is really an experiment of sorts and some ways that the game was set out to be developed have never been attempted and have no industry standard applicable.

You see the enormous amount of bugs that pop up in this old parts > new parts + new engine integration?

It's impossible to account for all of these factors, all the time.

Soon this build will be a forgotten chapter in DayZ dev and you'll have your next hiccup to be hyper critical of, "Why don't these first implementations of barricading boards work perfectly the first time! Noob devs!!"

Hey!? Remember that bug from that patch in February 2014, you know that "game breaking" bug everyone cried about.... yeah me neither, because they fixed it and you all forgot and have little appreciation.

I don't know what to say, man. Keep playing a game without zombies and they just may get the message that they don't need them. Just be weary. If you get too emotionally attached, it's going to hit you the hardest in the end if things don't work out how you want. 

Also, the reason I can come off as snotty or as being a dick is because things like sarcasm are near undetectable in print if you don't know the personality of the writer.

Ok so I can't seem to figure out how to put images directly into this post with spoilers but I have uploaded my screenshots onto imgur.

SNAPDRAGON

For spoilers, in the editor section at the top when you are writing, the third icon is "Special BBCode". You can select Spoiler there. Then use the image thing right of the link thing for the images inside the spoilers.

Concerning the fox steaks, I am sooo jealous, the only moving thing we found were server hoppers at the crash sites. Maybe we should have just shot and eaten those, but I try to avoid that on experimental... .

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

My current 1pp/3pp character I started this afternoon:

7bI0p3H.jpg

Another 0.56 exp tale, keep in mind I don't eat anything I don't forage/catch/grow:

Svetlo spawn, ran around the outskirts ducking my head into sheds for anything that could help, think I found a boonie hat. Proceeded to the railyard and had some apples. At one point here I was cold/thirsty/very hungry. More apples to lightly hungry, found a moto helmet and headed northwest. Again didn't come up with too much but had some more apples and kept going north. Eventually I built an improv courier bag, found a rabbit snare but got no rabbit in the two attempts. Kept myself going on apples and berries, maintaining light hunger, found a flare in the ruins of the prison building for fires, kept going north. Eventually got a hatchet, some seeds and a canteen. I used a hoe I found in a greenhouse to plant about 5 tomato plants, proceeded to eat all the tomatoes from four of them. Found a bit of rope to make a fishing rod. I also found this fantastic hunting jacket and as you can see from the screenshot, from here on things should get much easier. I also have a trumpet but no bullets, might change it for a bow if I find a rope...

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 3

Loot is spawning, I just found an SVD at a HMMWV wreck I checked last night, I had already taken the shot gun from it so I was surprised to find this. 

I don't think hording is the problem.  I wonder what impact server hopping has on all this if there are only supposed to be limited items available.  What happens if, suddenly the server detects 10 M4s when there are only supposed to be 4 or less? 

Frankly, I just haven't found that much to horde but I do, routinely, see a few people on the server I play on for very short periods of time, say just as long as it takes to check a helicrash or one of the not so large military bases.   Caveat, most of the time the people on the same server as me are there for a while, I am not accusing everyone of this, just a small percentage of the so called "l33t PVP" crowd.

For spoilers, in the editor section at the top when you are writing, the third icon is "Special BBCode". You can select Spoiler there. Then use the image thing right of the link thing for the images inside the spoilers.

Concerning the fox steaks, I am sooo jealous, the only moving thing we found were server hoppers at the crash sites. Maybe we should have just shot and eaten those, but I try to avoid that on experimental... .

There ought to be a bounty paid for hoppers, experimental or not.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I don't know what to say, man. Keep playing a game without zombies and they just may get the message that they don't need them. Just be weary. If you get too emotionally attached, it's going to hit you the hardest in the end if things don't work out how you want. 

Also, the reason I can come off as snotty or as being a dick is because things like sarcasm are near undetectable in print if you don't know the personality of the writer.

We all avoid sarcasm in print by practice.

If I use it I /insert sarcasm, /close sarcasm.... :/

I'm not too emotionally attached.

I am very pragmatic with my expectations, come failure or success.

We had super easy, low numbers of infected for a year.

We had more infected with better AI for a couple months.

Soon we will have 0 infected.

And soon after that, more infected, better than before, better performance.

Things will peak and plateau over the next couple years and I'm prepared for that.

I'm also prepared for the possibility that DayZ can fail all together.

I could see the release being delayed a whole year but anymore than that I will begin to lose faith.

Edited by BioHaze