boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

I'll be at work all day anyway, but I can't believe I was the only one excited at the prospect of trying a loot-less experience for a day or two  :P Just to see if I could make it on crafting alone.

I've had good time in exp. My current character has survived from the last wipe, even though I had a rough start. Got robbed of my starter gear in Cherno because of my stupidity. Stopped to bandage myself after killing a couple of zeds for this guy, who then proceeded to tie my hands with a rope :D He was a class act though, even left me a can of food. As he left, he said: "Sorry, man, but this is Dayz", and I couldn't help but to agree.

Nevertheless, I got to a good start, because the servers were still fresh after the wipe. Because of this, I can't really say if it's too hard to survive in the current patch. I noticed that at some point the loot was really scarce, which is cool I quess. Had to even use rabbit snares once or twice to keep myself fed. Still, at one point, the world seemed kinda stale and empty because of the lack of zombies and loot. Didn't even come across any players. I like the added difficulty, but perhaps there should be more trash- and mildly useful loot that would spawn in abudance, so that there would be at least something to work on.

High points for me have been finding a hunting scope and fitting it on my sporter: http://imgur.com/a/JJkNW

This will be my new go-to weapon-scope combo. The scope zoom is still pu-scopish instead of the intended 12x, though.

I had also been lugging a pistol scope (You can detach the Longhorn scope now) along with me and finally, yesterday I found a crossbow to test it on. It fits! http://imgur.com/a/qL9uV

Decided to leave it behind (A _hard_ decision), because I only had 4 bolts for it and I'm not a dual-wielding guy. I announced the location I left it at in reddit. Sorry guys, but is just easier to post a quick post on reddit than in here :)

This is my current character: http://imgur.com/a/jgjTd
It's basically my dream setup. I'd like to replace my courier bag with a leather one (The coolest backpack ingame), but haven't come across any boars yet.

If there has been a wipe, I'm somewhat bummed, even if it's usually refreshing to start fresh. It's just that I haven't had yet the chance to test my sporter on anyone :D Well at least I got to kill a couple of zeds with it yesterday :)

Im really hoping there isn't a wipe. As much fun as it is gearing up, iv been trying to survive long enough to test all the new stuff that's been added to the game. Kind off difficult if progress keeps getting reset.

Im really hoping there isn't a wipe. As much fun as it is gearing up, iv been trying to survive long enough to test all the new stuff that's been added to the game. Kind off difficult if progress keeps getting reset.

Wipe already has been dude :)

edit: Servers still down  :|

Edited by semrohatej

wipe already has been dude :)

From what iv read above it appeared to be a data base error.

But we'll see I suppose.

Never starved!! I rather kill my self!!  :)

Now seriusly, I never starved, but cold killed me few times. And it was few seconds before I could light fire. Once fire it self killed me (I guess I stood too close to fire).

This will be great update if they completly fix inventory issues (desapering items). Cant wait!

I wish you could atleast find little pieces of lot in each house, i hate going through a whole town and not finding a single thing. its nice to see a book or something to tell you hey there is stuff spawning.

oh, there are some changes in steam database..

looks like an update is coming in... :D

• Like 1

I was excited to try no loot world, loot is for the weak.

That said, I'm even more excited to see what's in the proper update. Bring back the rain!

Edited by Ebrim

Took out a zombie with one punch ...

Spinal fracture confirmed  :lol:

no loot, broken loot - not worth my time. fix your shit, you think by now this loot shit would be sorted out.

Pftt...

People of the Exp, ignore this guy, waste of space, time and effort...

• Like 12

Pftt...

People of the Exp, ignore this guy, waste of space, time and effort...

Real men dont need loot!! 

• Like 1

oh, there are some changes in steam database..

looks like an update is coming in... :D

Umm, it seems to me that stable just got an update... It says: branches/public/buildid: 581583 › 626308 in the steamdb.

Umm, it seems to me that stable just got an update... It says: branches/public/buildid: 581583 › 626308 in the steamdb.

yeah, you are right, looks like stable update... <_<

yeah, you are right, looks like stable update... <_<

what in the world would they update to stable?

That's what I'm wondering. Why even bother? lol

That's what I'm wondering. Why even bother? lol

on twitter eugen said its an anticheat client update

I just realized that I never got to fire my Izh 18. :(

As for update to stable it may be the same minor security updates that we saw to exp.

I was enjoying a perfectly good lootgasm and then the servers went down ... again!  :D

Looks like anticheat, according to Eugen, though the build ID's have me scratching my head.

Edited by Beizs

Seems like the update somehow wiped my exp characters, lovely. Then after playing for about five minutes, all the exp servers just went down, again, lovely. I have no patience. I want to play me some DayZ exp!

• Like 1

I just realized that I never got to fire my Izh 18. :(

As for update to stable it may be the same minor security updates that we saw to exp.

I feel you. I found a MP5 with all of the trimmings, hand guard, mags (3-30 round mags and 2-15 rounders), including a pristine ACOG and I never had a chance to make any smoke and noise with it.  :(

Loot is scarce out there Gents.  Let's enjoy the struggle before they "fix" it  :P