HomerJay27

5.56 Bolt action rifle (Remington 700)

Since 5.56 is the only rifle caliber in game without a bolt action rifle I thought it might be a good idea to add a rifle wich would fit this niche.

But this rifle shouldn't simply be a different version of the ever so unpopular CR527 just in another caliber.

For example a Remington 700 chambered in 5.56, but it should bring these features if it is added to the game:

• Internal mag, becaus searching for the CR527 mag is a pain in the ***
  • Allow the bipod as an attachement (because everybody misses the bipod on the Mosin)
  • Hunting or Long Range scope of course
  • more accurate than  M4, AUG and AK101
  • Nato suppressor to set it appart form the other bolt guns in game
  • maybe allow the M4 optics too 

How I see this gun being used:

• medium range sniping up to 500m
  • taking out zombies quietly from greater distances, since you probably won't waste your precious SP-6 rounds for that and the sub guns and sporter lack the range
  • Urban sniping, because you don't attract as much attention with the suppressor
  • An alternative for the 5.56 assault rifles, if you plan for long range engagements 

I know with the 0.56 update there will be a whole lot of new guns and there probaply won't be any guns in the next few updates because there is a ton of other stuff that needs to be adressed, so no need to hurry with this. It was just a thought that crossed my mind the other day.

Here is detailed video if you want to watch it:

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

They need to add just a generic clip-on bipod so people will stop bitching...

• Like 1

I watched the old man. Instantly sold when I learned the gun has some sort of vortex attached to it. If there's one thing DayZ needs it's a resonance cascade scenario.

Can't really argue against more guns. More the merrier, I say, especially if it makes use of existing ammo.

No.

if we are getting a Remington bolt, i want no bi-pod and no suppressor.

bolt action rifles were never meant for them.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

No.

Don't know what gave you this idea, but monopods and shooting sticks were being used with high caliber single-shot rifles for hunting for a long, long time. Far before we saw bipods being attached to firearms, anyway.

Ruger GSR would be a good choice, it's got that nice scout rifle motif and serves the purpose of a brush gun for shorter-medium length engagements, and has ironsights plus has rails to attach a scope.

Edited by dvsilverwing
  • Like 1

No.

If they did the military M24 then I'm 100% sure it'd be bipod compatible, and honestly even if they picked a regular M700 I still can't see any reason why the ATLAS bipod shouldn't work unless they picked a variant that doesn't support it.

• Like 1

But this rifle shouldn't simply be a different version of the ever so unpopular CR527 just in another caliber.

The CZ 527 does meet most of your criteria, though.

wqfhRN0.png

• Like 1

Given how popular .223 actually is in bolt rifles for varmint, small deer and foxes, I'd love to see this gun.

• Like 2

am i the only person that wants an M16 or Ar-15. why all these sniper rifles or hunting rifles if you want to be fancy. i'm all for them adding whatever honestly add the lapua or a PSG-1 but for the love of what god you choose add a m-16 or AR variant i don't care.

• Like 2

am i the only person that wants an M16 or Ar-15. why all these sniper rifles or hunting rifles if you want to be fancy. i'm all for them adding whatever honestly add the lapua or a PSG-1 but for the love of what god you choose add a m-16 or AR variant i don't care.

That already exists in the form of the m4.

Think the reasoning behind a bolt action for .223/5.56 is due to the special characteristics that are achieved through a long 24 inch barrel and bolt action.

- Super accurate

- Much higher muzzle velocity

- Lower recoil thus able to follow your own trace.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

I would love an M&P15 as a civilian semi auto that uses M4 mags with 10 round mags being civilian available. And the M16A4 as a chopper crash gun like M4 but more accurate and no full auto, burst only. But the R700 in .223 would be a great sniper gun and is very common globally.

I don't like the idea of adding too many weapons that are designated sniping platforms. I'd rather see a bush gun type rifle that has the ability to throw a scope on to throw the range out a little farther.

I guess really though, with an R700 unless they add bipod/suppressor support to it, there'd be no reason to use it over the CZ527 with a scope. The ammo is harder to find, and it wouldn't have irons by default.

No i want these rifles to. I think its silly how ppl want to skip around these EXTREMELY common military weapons.

• Like 1

That already exists in the form of the m4.

Think the reasoning behind a bolt action for .223/5.56 is due to the special characteristics that are achieved through a long 24 inch barrel and bolt action.

- Super accurate

- Much higher muzzle velocity

- Lower recoil thus able to follow your own trace.

Not everyone wants an M4 though ppl want variety with same caliber weapons. No matter how moddable or none moddable the weapon may be. 

And its an M4A1 not a standard M4 lol.

In fact i wouldn't mind the regular M4 model in game myself.

Edited by Deathlove

I don't like the idea of adding too many weapons that are designated sniping platforms. I'd rather see a bush gun type rifle that has the ability to throw a scope on to throw the range out a little farther.

I guess really though, with an R700 unless they add bipod/suppressor support to it, there'd be no reason to use it over the CZ527 with a scope. The ammo is harder to find, and it wouldn't have irons by default.

CR527 doesn't have built in magazines.

• Like 1

I think a quick solution would be to have a CR527 in .223 (5.56)  call it the CR527A or whatever and allow a detachable scope like the one on the Longhorn on both weapons  simple commercial guns. But I'll still gravitate to any of the assault rifles as a primary weapon over a small caliber bolt gun.    

• Like 1

I myself prefer using bolt action and hunting rifles in DayZ over assault rifle and SMG. Would love another to play with!

That shouldn't remain an issue forever. I hope the lack of magazines is a temporary thing.

"First off, we have the mentioned full randomization of weapon spawn configurations. This ranges from attachment configuration, quantity, type, and condition. When functional, each weapon you find should be as unique as possible per that item type. Be it the chance to spawn with a magazine, potential attachment, overall weapon condition, and so on. This expands upon the uniqueness of each persons kit in-game, and ensures that very few two firearms are exactly the same. Who knows, you might get lucky and find that M1911 Engraved you always wanted, -with- a clip!"

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

• Like 1

For a .223/5,56 type rifle a bolt action is something I'd like but a somewhat accurate depicting semi-auto that isn't just an AR-15 would also be acceptable.

But if the Dev's ever considered adding in another civilian type caliber I might suggest .243 Winchester or .270 Winchester. Significantly more powerful than the .223/5,56 but still plenty accurate with a high velocity.

For the Bolt Action I would go for a Remington Model 7 in .223, 5 round integral magazine.

Remington_Model_Seven_CDL.jpg

As for the Semi-auto, everyone seems quick to want an AR-15, but why not a Ruger Mini-14? The one featured below is the Ranch rifle version with a 10 round detachable magazine but also features magazine options in the form of 20 and even 30 round magazines. while not quite as modular as the AR-15 types, they can still accept a variety of options with enough modification. Might even be possible to feature the Ruger Mini-30 in 7,62x39mm.

RugerMini14NewVer.jpg

For a .223/5,56 type rifle a bolt action is something I'd like but a somewhat accurate depicting semi-auto that isn't just an AR-15 would also be acceptable.

But if the Dev's ever considered adding in another civilian type caliber I might suggest .243 Winchester or .270 Winchester. Significantly more powerful than the .223/5,56 but still plenty accurate with a high velocity.

As for the Semi-auto, everyone seems quick to want an AR-15, but why not a Ruger Mini-14? The one featured below is the Ranch rifle version with a 10 round detachable magazine but also features magazine options in the form of 20 and even 30 round magazines. while not quite as modular as the AR-15 types, they can still accept a variety of options with enough modification. Might even be possible to feature the Ruger Mini-30 in 7,62x39mm.

At this point with .22, .223/5.56, 7.62x39, .308, and 7.62x54mmR (and .357 Magnum) all available in civilian rifles there's really no need for another rifle caliber, because they all do what .240 or .270 could accomplish to some degree. I'd still definitely prefer any M24/M700 system to be a .308, though, and act as a military spawn with top picatinny and scope rails and bipod compatibility, as otherwise it's just another Model 70.

I've been championing for the Mini-14 as a high-end civilian semi-auto for a long time as well. It's a different design to your typical AR-15 (which we'll have plenty of considering the M4A1 and eventual M16 we'll probably get) and also functions quite nicely as a purely medium ranged weapon (these guns are rarely used beyond 100-150m.) Additionally, it wouldn't use STANAGs so the devs wouldn't need to make M4A1-compatible magazines and attachments common (thus ruining the point of having it be so rare.) The Mini-30 I could also get behind but I feel like it would just be a generally less viable version of the SKS considering the magazines (only goes up to 20 rounds and starts at 5, making it at most still worse than an AKM but as inconvenient because of rarity and magazines.)