thewire

looks like .56 will be a character wipe..saw msg in server earlier

Nowhere is it stated that there would be a "hive wide reset - excluding character data".

It doesn't explicitly say it will wipe characters either.

A hive reset has always included a character wipe. Always. It's been that way since long before persistence was ever even a thing. That's what the hive is -- your character. Persistence is local to the server and not tied to the overall hive. By saying that they are wiping the hive, they are literally saying that your character is going to be wiped; it's not implied, it's directly stated.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

It shouldn't have to. As mentioned above:

- Character data is saved on public/private hives

- Hive wide reset announced

Result: reset of character data.

Ya everyone lets plan for an organized battle royals

Tatanko: on the may event, after the main party we should battle royal with winner shot himself lol

Edited by thewire
  • Like 1

Ya everyone lets plan for an organized battle royals

I'm sure there's interest in such events. Get on it!

As for the suggestion: post it in the event's thread. Don't want to get off topic ;)

I found my very first military tent today...

... and then left it right where I found it because it's not worth the bother at the moment.

It shouldn't have to. As mentioned above:

- Character data is saved on public/private hives

- Hive wide reset announced

Result: reset of character data.

And it didn't say that in the status report hence my question. Besides that there were resets that only involved tents and the like.

To be clear; it reads: "hive wide reset (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)". Character data is saved on the public/private hives.

So, "hive wide reset, as in character data, (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)".

Thanks for clearing that up SMoss! This wipe is a very good call. If we are getting new loot system and fixed the duping than let's get back to zero and give it a honest go!

• Like 3

And it didn't say that in the status report hence my question. Besides that there were resets that only involved tents and the like.

But it does :)

The status report states that exactly: "hive wide reset (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)"

- hive wide reset (public/private): character data.

- including local storage data (player camps, vehicles): local server persistence data.

• Like 1

In the nicest possible way, you don't want it to be true because it means you've kind of wasted a lot of effort. There are a lot of people who feel the same, but we've had wipes before (I remember .49 and .53) and you do get over it and get back on the horse.

The two things for me are that, precisely because there are different means of duping, the devs should not overstate the "once and for all" effect of any wipe attempting to deal with it.

And please can we fix crashsites. Please don't let it be that the devs will wait until they can be made dynamic events - because that must be a long way off.

Thanks for clearing that up SMoss! This wipe is a very good call. If we are getting new loot system and fixed the duping than let's get back to zero and give it a honest go!

No probs. The guys certainly do their best. However, other duping methods might very well still pop up, but as mentioned by many other users as well, it's better that these methods are discovered now during development than after full release. We really do appreciate those of you who report all these bugs to the team! As for the players who exploit the bugs for their own advantage; well, that's a completely different story...

• Like 1

When are we getting 0.56 exp? Im so board of 0.55!

tomorrow maybe?

^I won't give up hope for today until 3pm EST passes.

A Friday patch isn't ideal for us as any game breaking bugs will be left until Monday for a hot fix but I defer to the devs judgement as always.

• Like 1

I thought I saw a message from battleye that said that every character would be restarted or something you style. Please I would like to know if it's true or not, it would be a shame to lose everything that I have and if so, I'll do pvp.

so, no player inventory wipe, just player camps and vehicles? right ? 

I'd just prepare for everything to be gone.  If you keep your stuff on your back, then bonus!

• Like 2

as they say the players too.
  • Like 1

They're doing major inventory refactorization. Surely that requires a wipe?

Personally I say do it. I'm geared up to my eyeballs on both my characters.

• Like 1

SMoss already specifically and directly confirmed this. No need to wonder or get your hopes up that you might get to keep your stuff. Absolutely no player data of any kind will survive this wipe. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224793-looks-like-56-will-be-a-character-wipesaw-msg-in-server-earlier/page-2#entry2260679

• Like 4

Absolutely no player data of any kind will survive this wipe. 

that's what they said about the virus...

• Like 7