treetop82

PSA: don't enter vehicle that is touching a tree

you will die.... Instead, chop the tree down first, let the vehicle settle, then get in.

• Like 2

I got into a truck that was just slightly clipped into one of those small food stands. As soon as the animation for climbing into the truck finished: You are dead. 

It was on experimental so I wasn't terribly heartbroken, but still. 

• Like 1

I've still only been killed by getting out with the engine running and starting to walk away while the controls to the truck are still coupled. I glitch flipped one last night twenty feet into the air and didn't even pop the tires and my son did the same thing when we got a second truck and blew the front four tires and popped the gastank. We survived both, guess I've been lucky.

Sometimes I try to weigh the dangers between stairs (firestation/ATC), vehicles, and zombies. I'm not sure which is more dangerous...

• Like 3

You can shoot one bullet into the truck to engage the physics. If you have a bullet. I haven't risked a melee yet to see if it works for this. You'll see the vehicle drop, or fly into the air or whatever would have happened, and it's safe to use after that.

• Like 6

You can shoot one bullet into the truck to engage the physics. If you have a bullet. I haven't risked a melee yet to see if it works for this. You'll see the vehicle drop, or fly into the air or whatever would have happened, and it's safe to use after that.

Can't wait to try this. Thanks for the tip.

Moral of the story;  always shoot your car before you get into it.

Realism.   B)

• Like 5

Ok, I got a truck stuck in the rock texture at nwaf, right beside the quanset hut barracks. The rock is about half the size of the truck. Will the bullet trick work here? I won't be able to log in until Sunday though.

Instead of shooting the truck I normally throw something random from my inventory at it.  Usually a rag, this also engages the physics and causes it to fly about, once settled it is safe to get in.

I assume randomspawn that your truck will be out of the texture by Sunday.  Server restarts cause trucks to "fix" themselves.  This sometimes takes a couple restarts if the truck is stuck good, but usually one restart works.  If not the bullet trick should work.

Instead of shooting the truck I normally throw something random from my inventory at it.  Usually a rag, this also engages the physics and causes it to fly about, once settled it is safe to get in.

I assume randomspawn that your truck will be out of the texture by Sunday.  Server restarts cause trucks to "fix" themselves.  This sometimes takes a couple restarts if the truck is stuck good, but usually one restart works.  If not the bullet trick should work.

I was wondering if that would work yet. As of .54, I stopped trying it.  Server restarts don't always "fix" it, I once came back to a truck parked between a couple tall, bare trunked trees, and got into it fine.  Once I started the engine, the trees snatched it up ten feet off the ground, at a 45 dergree angle from side to side.  I died getting out on the lower, passenger side.

Moral of the story: trucks are still somewhat unpredictable.

Ok, I got a truck stuck in the rock texture at nwaf, right beside the quanset hut barracks. The rock is about half the size of the truck. Will the bullet trick work here? I won't be able to log in until Sunday though.

not sure. I was stuck inside a truck and can't get out. The truck crashed into fence..I got out and die..

so now, i will drive like an old lady

Tried it. Confirmed this works. Excellent tip!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

got a weird thing...was driving the truck then suddenly I got kicked out from Battle eye because it's not connected or something. Then I rejoined the game and saw my dead body on the ground but I can't click on it...and I have a zombie attacking me..so I shot him. 

Weird

My son and I had three lined up in the trees and I said "woah... shoot the one stuck in the tree in the door first before you get in!" It skiddered fifteen feet down the hill towards the driver's side before it settled. Damn sure that would have killed him touching the door handle, thank you big time for saving my boys life.  

No prob BC, those trucks have killed me more than anything else. Vehicles get you into all kinds of trouble. :^)

Also don't enter a vehicle that's sunk into the ground.

I destroyed a truck like this yesterday. It flew out, exploded, lost all its wheels, and then landed upside down.

It despawned about 10 minutes later.

I didn't even know you can destroy a truck.

Edited by NexDemise

I destroyed a truck like this yesterday. It flew out, exploded, lost all its wheels, and then landed upside down.

It despawned about 10 minutes later.

Well the truck got destroyed but you lived.

Throwing an item at the truck works instead of firing a round at it.

Also, do NOT drive through the creeks anymore; even if you slow way down, bad things can happen.

I did a little cross-country driving earlier today, trying to hide a truck off in the brush while I was showing a new guy around. The creek caused the truck to roll over sideways, even though I had only enough momentum to keep it from bogging.  We did not make it to meet our friend at Veresnik.

Absolutely. Once, I drove one up to the pumps at a gas station and blew the whole place up. Did it on purpose because my friends and I had more trucks than drivers, so we selfishly got rid of it so no one else could have it  :lol:

haha, reminds me of watching a guy get stuck into a tree, he decided to chop said tree down.

Tree went down, but truck flipped upside down as tree fell. Apparently there were roots involved which must have ripped the ground from underneath the truck!

Also, do NOT drive through the creeks anymore; even if you slow way down, bad things can happen.

I did a little cross-country driving earlier today, trying to hide a truck off in the brush while I was showing a new guy around. The creek caused the truck to roll over sideways, even though I had only enough momentum to keep it from bogging. We did not make it to meet our friend at Veresnik.

Hey, emu! That was me! MrGreenjeans here...aka vfxtodd.

That was so funny. I never knew crossing a little creek could be so dangerous. Looking forward to another truck. Note to self...stay on the road when driving a truck.

Hey, emu! That was me! MrGreenjeans here...aka vfxtodd.

That was so funny. I never knew crossing a little creek could be so dangerous. Looking forward to another truck. Note to self...stay on the road when driving a truck.

It might pay off to learn about the five or so places that the road has invisible barrier bugs.  Those will ruin your day

It might pay off to learn about the five or so places that the road has invisible barrier bugs.  Those will ruin your day

There are quite a few around Myshenko and the military tent compound, particularly if you are driving the dirt roads coming from the North. 

Yup, north of Myshkino on the road to the barn with the hay pile and blue caravan.  Also one on the road between Sosnovka and the farm north of Green Mountain.  I know there is one near Pogorevka too, as well as others that I can't recall at the time.  

Maybe we can gather up all of these off of the existing threads and resources, and try to get people to drop yellow drybags with notes in the road as markers.  Anyone want to help form a Chernarussian Transportation Safety Comission?  The sharing of such information can prevent many ruined boots.  I wish I'd have read somewhere that creeks will eat trucks now.