Sign in to follow this  
joshua barreto

will there be a Boeing AH-64 Apache someday for Dayz standalone?

Hello will there someday,perhaps several years from now will there be an attack helicopter such as the Apache?it doesn't need to have rockets at least having a 30mm M230 chain gun. 

A real Apache would have the crew compartment shielding between the cockpits, such that at least one crew member can survive hits. The compartment and the rotor blades are designed to sustain a hit from 23 mm (0.91 in) rounds. The airframe includes some 2,500 lb (1,100 kg) of protection and has a self-sealing fuel system to protect against ballistic projectiles.increased structural strength, crashworthy landing gear, seats and fuel system. 

The weakness would be shooting the Apache at both its engines since it can still fly with just one engine. 

One of the revolutionary features of the Apache was its helmet mounted display,among its capabilities, either the pilot or gunner can slave the helicopter's 30 mm automatic M230 Chain Gun to their helmet, making the gun track head movements to point where they look. The M230E1 can be alternatively fixed to a locked forward firing position, or controlled via the Target Acquisition and Designation System

and maybe if you want to make fights fair with apache vs a player on the ground u would remove GPS, IHADSS,passive infrared countermeasures,Target Acquisition and Designation System, Pilot Night Vision System 

Edited by joshua barreto

The OP reads wiki pages too much. Besides, in a post apocolyptic world I'd take a Hind over an apache any day.

Too durable. Although I like the idea of coming across wrecks or abandoned AH-64s left on tarmacs or hanger bays that were left to the elements and beyond reuse. Would be a good place for some M9 or M11 pistols, one piece flight suits or two piece multicam suits or some helmets, nomex gloves or and aircrew chest rigs. That has potential.

• Like 3

Too durable. Although I like the idea of coming across wrecks or abandoned AH-64s left on tarmacs or hanger bays that were left to the elements and beyond reuse. Would be a good place for some M9 or M11 pistols, one piece flight suits or two piece multicam suits or some helmets, nomex gloves or and aircrew chest rigs. That has potential.

hi are you a developer of dayz?if so will there be any attack helicopters? like the one we see in the dayz mod?

Why? Why would we need that?

i just like riding apache helicopters and shooting with its 30mm automatic m230 chain gun its just for fun,attack helicopters i don't really need for survival its just for fun,of course others might not think its fun  

This is by far the most ridicolous and inappropriate idea I've seen for dayz

I suppose,I just like apaches,but yea I suppose it would be ridicolous  having attack helicopters in this near apocalyptic plot where  humans are near extinction the the vast majority of residents are zombies nor not too much assets such as weaponry or vehicles.Perhaps in a real apocalyptic world there would'nt be much supplies so yea i can see why you are saying its ridicolous 

hi i really wanted the dayz developers team opinion not the users opinion if thats ok

Welcome to public forums. 

As soon as you post this, You don't have a say on who can and can't post on it. 

I have $50 that says No to armed helicopters.

• Like 1

It's highly unlikely.  The devs are reluctant to add unarmed transport helicopters (though they will) much less an attack heli.  And if they were they would most likely add something along the lines of a Hind or Havoc due to the setting.  In the final game we'll be lucky to find Automatic weapons, much less keep them.

What do you need an attack heli for in the zombie apoc anyway?  Spending days to scrounge up fuel for an hour's worth of joy.  Where you gonna find replacement Hellfires and 30mm for that thing anyway?  Not many NATO bases in Chenarus.  Now you're just flying around in a gas guzzling bunker with nothing meaningful to do but waste precious resources.  Give me a nice tower or 2nd floor of a barricading building, a .22, a silencer, and a weeks worth of food and water, and I'll be more efficient at killing zombies than you.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

It's highly unlikely.  The devs are reluctant to add unarmed transport helicopters (though they will) much less an attack heli.  And if they were they would most likely add something along the lines of a Hind or Havoc due to the setting.  In the final game we'll be lucky to find Automatic weapons, much less keep them.

What do you need an attack heli for in the zombie apoc anyway?  Spending days to scrounge up fuel for an hour's worth of joy.  Where you gonna find replacement Hellfires and 30mm for that thing anyway?  Not many NATO bases in Chenarus.  Now you're just flying around in a gas guzzling bunker with nothing meaningful to do but waste precious resources.  Give me a nice tower or 2nd floor of a barricading building, a .22, a silencer, and a weeks worth of food and water, and I'll be more efficient at killing zombies than you.

But you can't blow the fuck out of everything with a .22... You can't put tank size holes in house with a can of food...

But you can't blow the fuck out of everything with a .22... You can't put tank size holes in house with a can of food...

What does that have to do with killing zombies more efficiently?  If I run out of targets I can just bang some empty cans around till I get new ones.

Is it a bird ?

Is it a plane ?

No, it's joshua barreto !
He asks questions instead of suggestions and does not accept reflections !

Fingers crossed for a MH-6 (not to be confused with the AH-6), with different essential elements scattered across Chernarus.

• Like 1

What does that have to do with killing zombies more efficiently?  If I run out of targets I can just bang some empty cans around till I get new ones.

If you can't blow a tank sized hole in a house, It's not worth shooting.

Also, You pointed out, The point I was making. ;)

Could the OP please use colours that are more visible? Maybe I am the only one with that kind of eye defect, but I couldn't really read the post. And no. I hope there won't ever be an Apache helicopter in the game.

Hello will there someday,perhaps several years from now will there be an attack helicopter such as the Apache?it doesn't need to have rockets at least having a 30mm M230 chain gun. 

A real Apache would have the crew compartment shielding between the cockpits, such that at least one crew member can survive hits. The compartment and the rotor blades are designed to sustain a hit from 23 mm (0.91 in) rounds. The airframe includes some 2,500 lb (1,100 kg) of protection and has a self-sealing fuel system to protect against ballistic projectiles.increased structural strength, crashworthy landing gear, seats and fuel system. 

The weakness would be shooting the Apache at both its engines since it can still fly with just one engine. 

One of the revolutionary features of the Apache was its helmet mounted display,among its capabilities, either the pilot or gunner can slave the helicopter's 30 mm automatic M230 Chain Gun to their helmet, making the gun track head movements to point where they look. The M230E1 can be alternatively fixed to a locked forward firing position, or controlled via the Target Acquisition and Designation System

and maybe if you want to make fights fair with apache vs a player on the ground u would remove GPS, IHADSS,passive infrared countermeasures,Target Acquisition and Designation System, Pilot Night Vision System 

I hope not personally as well - but if they let people mod it, you will see them

Have you Ever herd of um ................. ARMA 3

Ifrit's all around!!

Edited by creature

Hi Bigmike its more then fun then surviving for me I just like flying armed helicopters and its loads of fun even if I miss every bullet I just like the sound of the bullets coming out of the chain gun and the rotor blades cutting through the wind,but yes you are right where would I find more ammo?

Is it a bird ?

Is it a plane ?

No, it's joshua barreto !

He asks questions instead of suggestions and does not accept reflections !

Fingers crossed for a MH-6 (not to be confused with the AH-6), with different essential elements scattered across Chernarus. 

I did't know sorry,umm where can I ask questions if you don't mind me asking?I usually don't follow directions since many times i'm too lazy to read the rules so on behalf of myself i'm sorry,and trust me im not trolling I just really like apache helicopters  anyway take care. 

"And does not accept reflections"And im sorry you think that way but im not completely sure what you mean,are you saying  that I do not care about others opinions?Well I do to a certain degree I just think the developers are more important since they have the last say,true that a community has a huge impact but the developers have the last say of course I could be wrong anyway take care and you can lock the thread if you want I don't think I would be needing any more comments.

Edited by joshua barreto