TerribleTomato

Developers giving in to Demands?

Protip: I've seen streams of players who sit in a house in Berezino/Elektro STARVING to death, all waiting for PvP to happen. That needs to stop.

Thank you.. you made me stop facedesking you may have just saved me from being killed by someone elses stupid.

• Like 1

Loving this "small segment" shit.

The CoD kids have done numerous studies and polls to determine their majority™ status.

• Like 2

The CoD kids have done numerous studies and polls to determine their majority™ status.

I don't dream of the day that DayZ will be a finish product, or when it has made enough progress to actually be playable, no.. no I dream of the day when there are no more squeakers or CoD kiddies asking if there is anyone friendly in cherno, then killing us on sight when we try to bandage them. GONE WITH THE COD SCRUBS.

• Like 3

They paid a lot of money for the rights on this game. They're gonna follow the money and my bet the money won't be coming from satisfying a small segment of the gaming community that wants to just fight off starvation with no guns for hours on end.

before people bought game they knew what game will be about! So i think they demands of more food snd guns should be ignored! Be smart BI-you got your money from tthem, just make YOUR game now! Dont listen to them! Give us survival game as promised!

All the best to you all!!!

• Like 1

I don't dream of the day that DayZ will be a finish product, or when it has made enough progress to actually be playable, no.. no I dream of the day when there are no more squeakers or CoD kiddies asking if there is anyone friendly in cherno, then killing us on sight when we try to bandage them. GONE WITH THE COD SCRUBS.

And it would be nice if the devs stick to their vision and get the casual baddies to pay for the experience we were sold on for a change.

Not holding my breath but I'll make time to use it as a counterpoint. 

• Like 2

Just look at the sales of games like borderlands, skyrim, COD etc. Games with a lot of gear and weapons. The numbers don't lie.

Time will tell if they want to follow the money or satisfying a small segment. We shall see.

I personally loved BL2 and Skyrim but burned out on the eazy loot and TESV lost it's appeal when I switched to WSG and it had shitty support for it.

My money is on the fact that the buy a game and burn out crowd will pay for DayZ development then get bored and leave by the time it's finished.

Like you said we'll see right? 

• Like 2

Just look at the sales of games like borderlands, skyrim, COD etc. Games with a lot of gear and weapons. The numbers don't lie.

Time will tell if they want to follow the money or satisfying a small segment. We shall see.

Are.... are you actually trying to compare games of different genres

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Skyrim is an RPG, AKA Role-Playing Game

CoD is a FPS

Borderlands is an RPG/FPS hybrid

The only thing similar between those three games (and the three genres) is that you can choose between different equipment.

Day Z is not an RPG, as it lacks skills. It has elements of an FPS, but it is not solely an FPS. It has horror elements, but is not solely a horror game.

It is an open-world sandbox survival game.

• Like 3

I'm gonna have to buy a new desk after how much I just facedesked. Go away before I catch your stupid.

*facedesk* x******

Edited by MadWookie
  • Like 4

I'm gonna have to buy a new desk after how much I just facedesked. Go away before I catch your stupid.

*facedesk* x******

Why don't you explain to me what I've said that was inaccurate or stupid nerd boy.

i roamed the entire map to get it.  Why does this seem like such a foreign concept to so many people?  Like 80% of the people I've played with always give the same answer when I ask where they are that day; Cherno/Elektro or Berezino, maybe once in a blue moon somewhere between Vybor and ZG.  I hope they keep cranking up the item rarity until all us roaming stashers rule Chernarus.  Keep up the good work.

...those Maniac players planting pumpkins right next to a water well :)  How else do you expect to get back to the crops fast enough before they spoil? LOL

Protip: I've seen streams of players who sit in a house in Berezino/Elektro STARVING to death, all waiting for PvP to happen. That needs to stop.

I think this comes down to the question of people being free to play the game as they wish.  Personally, I think it sucks; and that those people are either cognitively impaired for choosing a game not well-suited to their tastes, or they are flat-out griefers.  In any case, maybe a mechanic that made respawn timers inversely proportional to that players average lifespan;  maybe with a probationary period for new people to get the hang of it.  That should put a damper on the rinse-and-repeat deathmatch junkies playing the wrong game.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

What the fuck are you talking about? The game has always had a certain amount of loot avaialble to the players from the very start. There has been small alterations along the way but nothing like this 0.55 broken thing. Yes, it was broken. It wasn't the way it was supposed to be and thats why people complained about it. It has nothing to with "Cod scrubs" whining and the devs giving in or such bs but people not being able to play the game because of its non-working state. Some could and those where very lucky. I could only play with already geared characters since starting with a freshspawn was pointless.

I agree that a portion of the playerbase clearly concists of people that are playing the wrong game but A LOT of the people that have complained about the broken loot system are genuine Dayz players with a concern for what happened to the game they liked. When it was finally reported that there actually was a problem with the loot system I personally felt a lot better about it since it meant that I only had to wait for them to fix it to be able to enjoy the game again. I believe that the best system will be about halfway between what we have now and what we had before the hotfix.

• Like 1

The majority of people want loot and I think the Devs are realizing this. I don't understand how you guys like a game where all you do is try not to starve.

Because majority games are not like that!! Majority games have plenty of loot everywhere.

Why is this thread still here ?

IMO MadWookie is right to deskpalm

I blame the devs 50% and the players 50% :

Everybody is playing the DayZ they think they are playing

but 

there are not enough Mario Power Crystals

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Why is this thread still here ?

It's not and the answer to the OP question "Developers giving in to Demands?" is No.

All that believe otherwise are foolish and anyone that follows development knows already.

Topic is either Troll or ignorant, probably both.

• Like 6