archamedes

troll level 100

Leaving cholera water filled bottles and canteens around fresh spawn areas

a pet bottle holds more water than a canteen so if you poured 100% contaminated water from a canteen into an empty pet bottle it would then sit at 80% that sounds delicious to a freshie with a mouth like ghandis sandle, some people get suspicious of a 100% bottle just laying there but you can get any percentage you want if you use some of it to water a garden plot to make it look less obvious that its spiked. even if you empty the bottle first and fill it up with clean water, the bottle is still contaminated. you have to empty it and disinfect it first

• Like 1

I thought it was almost impossible to catch cholera if you were healthy. Is this true?

I sometimes keep a canteen with alcohol tincture. In case someone kills me, loots my body and feels thirsty. :)

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

I don't trust any object that can be tampered with near spawn LOL..

Why would it be there? Whether out in the open or overly hidden...

I would not take a sealed bottle from a public urinal, I would not even touch it!

works better with petrol..

I try to keep one bottle of gas in my pack at all times for a dick KOS's me and steels my shit.....  ooooh..... I have a funny taste in my mouth!

• Like 3

name a fresh spawn at a spawn area that starts healthy?

Vybor spawn under the bridge.

• Like 3

Don't we all spawn healthy with the indicator only not showing up because it was not triggered after "healing" completely up? When I look at the screen I'd say we definitely spawn with full blood...

If there is a pond around where I spawn I go there directly and drink up to hydration, never got cholera, so health is definietly not very low.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Sounds like a lot of work for something to *maybe* happen.  Plus, you'll never be able to know if  what you did killed someone or not.

You have to be a special kind of sociopath to set up this type of murder.

• Like 1

yeah but its actually something to do and takes time to do, instead of just shooting people on a hill because you are bored. "blasters, so uncivilized."

• Like 1

I would do this with gas instead of cholera water, but im not that evil and bottles are too precious nowadys

gas doesnt work. you throw up and are fine in 2 minutes. cholera kills you slowly

• Like 1

way ahead of you.  I empty or purify every bottle I pick up.

also, new spawns are at almost full blood, and apparently at full blood the chances of getting sick are very low.  so you're mostly just throwing bottles away and giving people free water.

Edited by Red_Ensign

Don't we all spawn healthy with the indicator only not showing up because it was not triggered after "healing" completely up? When I look at the screen I'd say we definitely spawn with full blood...

If there is a pond around where I spawn I go there directly and drink up to hydration, never got cholera, so health is definietly not very low.

If we spawned healthy, or just immediately below healthy, you'd see healthy as soon as you got energized and hydrated. This is not what happens, though. Instead we see "healing" for a couple of minutes first. You may start with full blood (or close to it) but you definitely don't start with full health.

• Like 2

If we spawned healthy, or just immediately below healthy, you'd see healthy as soon as you got energized and hydrated. This is not what happens, though. Instead we see "healing" for a couple of minutes first. You may start with full blood (or close to it) but you definitely don't start with full health.

Well a couple of minutes healing is little with iirc 0.5 health regen per second and and 5000 max health. With 0.5 regen and 10 minutes of healing that would mean we spawn with 4700 ... almost full. Also you most of the time loose some health by getting hit by zeds or something before getting into high regen ... well, gonna watch it more closely in the future, to figure out just how good we are, when we start.

I don't pick up bottles that are lying on their side as a rule.  Until that's fixed no dropped bottles for me.  Besides there are so many wells on every route it would be hard to die of thirst.

I got a guy with a gas canteen. It took a long time before he showed Sick, and force threw up but then became sick again. He was about to go unconscious and logged out. Gas works too, it's slow.

i use bottles as silencers those days !  then at least i have confirmed kill afterwards.

To catch cholera has to do with your blood(health) level, which is pretty much full for a freshspawn, so... You're actually helping them since it is almost impossible to catch it with freshspawn health level, i invite you to test it, i've drunk from several  ponds +10 times as a freshie on multiple occassions and haven't catched it yet, by the time i'm low on health i've got already purifying tabs or simply drink from pumps.

I drank gas by accident in .54 about 38% left throw up and took me a while to bring him to heathy status

This is a good one. I'm also in favour of hiding active grenades inside teddy bears, dropping them on the ground as a gift so bandits don't shoot me. I wish I could adjust the fuse a bit, but as long as it catches their eye enough to draw them in, and I run fast, it's theoretically sound.

• Like 1