Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Why is everyone making fun of me

Hi,

I am just a new player, a nooby and this is my first post ever on the forums. I start playing this weekend and i really really like the game, lots of good potential!

Nevertheless, two, maybe three days ago, i ran around electro (i think, somehwere near a harbour, container and a gasstation), in a pink dress and a fire extinguisher trying to experiment with the fire extiguisher as a melee weapon slapping some zombies (it quit effectivly i must admit). Is it coincedence or is someone making fun of me? I can have it but it does makes you think! XD

Are tents being fixed properly this patch btw?

Regards,

HEmmo

Edited by Hemmo NL
  • Like 2

Hi,

I am just a new player, a nooby and this is my first post ever on the forums. I start playing this weekend and i really really like the game, lots of good potential!

Nevertheless, two, maybe three days ago, i ran around electro (i think, somehwere near a harbour, container and a gasstation), in a pink dress and a fire extinguisher trying to experiment with the fire extiguisher as a melee weapon slapping some zombies (it quit effectivly i must admit). Is it coincedence or is someone making fun of me? I can have it but it does makes you think! XD

Are tents being fixed properly this patch btw?

Regards,

HEmmo

Can't tell if troll or not... Coincidence, it's something one of the developers said in regards to moving the loot further inland.

Troll. First post is this? Lol

I actually thought Hicks' snark on this was hilarious. If I was in the same room I would've high fived him and been like, "Good one!"

There should be an option to steal a person's beans on these forums.  Or at least the ability to force feed them rotten tomatoes. 

• Like 1

I actually thought Hicks' snark on this was hilarious. If I was in the same room I would've high fived him and been like, "Good one!"

To be honest this part of the post urkes me the most.

"To which I say.. Sure, it will hurt player interaction if by player interaction you mean folks wandering up and down the coast, wearing pink dresses and chasing each other with fire extinguishers."

By logic i can agree that things should be harder for players that want to dress slightly brighter however trying to make everyone go full military/hunter to play or face severe consequences kind of sucks. I thought the idea was to move more away from the whole military/hunter style of play from the mod? To give ppl a civilian approach to playing. But if bright clothing is going to be a burden for players than idk.

Granted i do believe those that choose to go the way of camo should have an advantage i don't think ppl should be penalized for dressing how they want to an extreme extent of an entire horde chasing you based on clothing choice alone.

Huh what? I must have missed something here before the edit.

• Like 1

To be honest this part of the post urkes me the most.

"To which I say.. Sure, it will hurt player interaction if by player interaction you mean folks wandering up and down the coast, wearing pink dresses and chasing each other with fire extinguishers."

By logic i can agree that things should be harder for players that want to dress slightly brighter however trying to make everyone go full military/hunter to play or face severe consequences kind of sucks. I thought the idea was to move more away from the whole military/hunter style of play from the mod? To give ppl a civilian approach to playing. But if bright clothing is going to be a burden for players than idk.

Granted i do believe those that choose to go the way of camo should have an advantage i don't think ppl should be penalized for dressing how they want to an extreme extent of an entire horde chasing you based on clothing choice alone.

It isn't about the "choice of civilian clothing", Deathlove, it is about the people who think the game is about PvPing along the coast. 

While Hick's quote is humerous, I've seen too many players to count running around in Berezino (and even a pair at the NORTHWEST AF) wearing nothing other than one of the dresses (why the devs thought it would be a "useful" item to put in, I have no idea) trying to beat the shit out of other people with brooms, fire extinguishers, and wrenches.

It isn't about the "choice of civilian clothing", Deathlove, it is about the people who think the game is about PvPing along the coast. 

While Hick's quote is humerous, I've seen too many players to count running around in Berezino (and even a pair at the NORTHWEST AF) wearing nothing other than one of the dresses (why the devs thought it would be a "useful" item to put in, I have no idea) trying to beat the shit out of other people with brooms, fire extinguishers, and wrenches.

I never see this kind of behavior. I must be doing something right lol. Occasionally ill see a guy without clothing but thats about it.

I guess this would be on the extremely large population based servers?

I never see this kind of behavior. I must be doing something right lol. Occasionally ill see a guy without clothing but thats about it.

I guess this would be on the extremely large population based servers?

Yep, and almost solely in the large cities, where PvP happens. They find a random article of clothing that wouldn't be all that effective for survival, any melee weapon (usually a shitty one, as all the "good" ones are already taken), and go kill each other in the streets. They die, and do it again. And again. I've seen the same person come back to the same city 4 times in order to clusterfuck in the streets.

before i stopped paying 300+$ a mouth for a dayz server  I liked to wandering up and down the coast, wearing pink dresses and chasing each other with fire extinguishers. :emptycan:

Yep, and almost solely in the large cities, where PvP happens. They find a random article of clothing that wouldn't be all that effective for survival, any melee weapon (usually a shitty one, as all the "good" ones are already taken), and go kill each other in the streets. They die, and do it again. And again. I've seen the same person come back to the same city 4 times in order to clusterfuck in the streets.

How would taking away food and loot solve this situation? If anything there would be MORE of this behavior. Just without the melee weapons or funny clothes because they only have 20 minutes to fist fight before they starve and start over.

• Like 1

How would taking away food and loot solve this situation? If anything there would be MORE of this behavior. Just without the melee weapons or funny clothes because they only have 20 minutes to fist fight before they starve and start over.

So, then they could focus on finding food and water before fistfighting for no reason? They DONT have to stay in Berezino. In 20 minutes, they could feasibly cover quite the distance. In any one of the small towns around Berezino, which I almost NEVER see anyone in, by the way, they just might find enough food to survive.

I've made it from Berezino to SINISTOK before, in 30 minutes, by sprinting the whole way. Granted, I knew where I was going, but it is possible.

When you realize just how small the map actually is, and how fast your character is capable of moving overland, most of the complaining (and, even most of the threads asking for MOAR VEHICKELS!) seems rather amusing in comparison.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

Meh, while it is in alpha, let people bash each others heads in while dressed in bright pink dresses! Keeps them away from me, unless I am bored and running around in my favorite bright pink raincoat.. That is the colour of friendship I will have you know, never been attacked by someone in bright pink! If you are wearing bright clothing and not on the coast, then you have nothing to hide and we can best friends :)

In all seriousness, just let people do what they want. I don't subscribe to running around the big cities pvping or any pvp in my case in general, but if people want to do that for a bit of fun and a laugh then let them do so.. It will change eventually I am sure.. And personally, I think the dresses are fantastic, personal favourite being the blue one, soo camo :)

I don't understand the confusion here. People are food and dresses are common.

I don't understand the confusion here. People are food and dresses are common.

I think the jab or joke is that an overwhelming number of players don't get much past spawning near Elektro and running in naked, finding the first piece of clothing or weapon they can, and then mercilessly attack the first person they see, and usually die in the process. Hicks seemed to be frowning upon the bambi zerg movement and pushing towards an experience that's more towards what's intended. Personally as amusing as they are I blame a lot of this on the streamers - people hop on Twitch and watch some of them literally wage war on Elektro, Kamy, and Berezino in this fashion but not everyone is Anthony Kongphan, most simply die in the process and it deteriorates the game experience in those areas. It's kinda like never leaving level 1 island in a MMORPG. I suppose the good news is that as features are implemented and refined it should get better, but basically what Hicks was hinting at is that there should be a real decision around and real consequences for attacking someone, becoming a bambi again or recovering from injury shouldn't have as easy roads back to full gear as is available today. I sorta support that, or at least I support things that help alleviate the bambi zerg in those 3 towns.  

Makes sense I suppose, though with the current scarcity of food I've been more likely to kill people on the coast if anything.

I don't even interact with folks anymore. Why? Because now, more than ever, I want what they have.

If it's going to take me a good few hours to even get remotely geared after dying, I'm not going to risk a potentially dire encounter that may not go my way. My Mosin has tasted much blood the twenty or so hours I logged in 0.55 before losing interest in the game for the time being.

Most people aren't going to work together with strangers as the game gets harder. There's just going to be more aggressive behavior as the environment becomes more unforgiving. I don't know why people think it'd be any different.

I don't even interact with folks anymore. Why? Because now, more than ever, I want what they have.

If it's going to take me a good few hours to even get remotely geared after dying, I'm not going to risk a potentially dire encounter that may not go my way. My Mosin has tasted much blood the twenty or so hours I logged in 0.55 before losing interest in the game for the time being.

Most people aren't going to work together with strangers as the game gets harder. There's just going to be more aggressive behavior as the environment becomes more unforgiving. I don't know why people think it'd be any different.

Because there still are too many weapons and bullets and not nearly enough zeds and other dangers in the game right now to make people think twice about opening fire on others. 

Still, with the zombies now able to sneak up on you undetected, having a second pair of eyes is becoming a boon. And when the zombies do come in somewhat significant numbers, two guns are better than one. 

Which doesn't mean that once the threat is dealt with, you can't murder the bastard and take his things after all ;)

• Like 1