billyangstadt

.55 loot, I'll just leave it at this.

LMAO love it - a noob schooling the "experts".

Just out of interest, do the water pumps need purification tablets now?

The way you describe your play style sounds no different at all then for me as that's what I do. Even on the coast where "there's no loot anywhere!" I'll find the stuff the noobs didn't and I've never once come out of a place without something useful. Given the abundance of berries / apples and water pumps, there's no excuse for starving to death.

water pumps does not required purification tablet as far as I know..either we are dead by now...drink to stuffed! 

Water pumps shouldn't require treatment, but in my opinion, 90% of the wells across the map should be removed from the game, as it makes survival "too easy", in the sense that there is no sense of concern about water.

In real-world survival, clean drinking water is a major concern for both short term and long term survival. Dehydration by itself will kill you in days, and a water-borne disease will only make it faster and more messy.

Compare to Day Z: literally EVERY TOWN has a safe drinking pump. Getting safe water is trivial, to the point where if you drink from a pond/stream, you are either incompetent or testing the disease mechanic. 

Remove 90% of the wells, and you will see players driven to desperation, drinking untreated water at best and boiling it if they are smart. "Water merchants" selling potable water across the map, and clans locking down the remaining wells and charging for use.

• Like 1

Water pumps shouldn't require treatment, but in my opinion, 90% of the wells across the map should be removed from the game, as it makes survival "too easy", in the sense that there is no sense of concern about water.

In real-world survival, clean drinking water is a major concern for both short term and long term survival. Dehydration by itself will kill you in days, and a water-borne disease will only make it faster and more messy.

Compare to Day Z: literally EVERY TOWN has a safe drinking pump. Getting safe water is trivial, to the point where if you drink from a pond/stream, you are either incompetent or testing the disease mechanic. 

Remove 90% of the wells, and you will see players driven to desperation, drinking untreated water at best and boiling it if they are smart. "Water merchants" selling potable water across the map, and clans locking down the remaining wells and charging for use.

Literally every town and likely every house would have had a well to survive before the zombies. I actually think it weird that those remote house in the middle of no where don't.

I could see removing some just for difficulty sake but was just noticed that last night realistically what were they drinking in those remote farm houses?

As far as the people still complaining the loot is to scarce I have been saying it's going the right way and I like it. It's not perfect and if you've been playing instead of waiting for your canned peaches to come back you's notice that the loot spawns seem to be evolving.

I still haven't died of starvation since Wednesday, just taking on to many zombies and a ladder glitch killed my pre .55 character last night. That really needs to be fixed.  

Literally every town and likely every house would have had a well to survive before the zombies. I actually think it weird that those remote house in the middle of no where don't.

I could see removing some just for difficulty sake but was just noticed that last night realistically what were they drinking in those remote farm houses?

As far as the people still complaining the loot is to scarce I have been saying it's going the right way and I like it. It's not perfect and if you've been playing instead of waiting for your canned peaches to come back you's notice that the loot spawns seem to be evolving.

I still haven't died of starvation since Wednesday, just taking on to many zombies and a ladder glitch killed my pre .55 character last night. That really needs to be fixed.  

Why would the "town" have a well? Private houses, yes, but not a municipal well. Where I am from, even the smaller residential farming communities do not have public water spigots. 

The people living in those remote farm houses were drawing water from their private wells. That probably required electricity to power the pump. No electricity = no water

Why would the "town" have a well? Private houses, yes, but not a municipal well. Where I am from, even the smaller residential farming communities do not have public water spigots. 

The people living in those remote farm houses were drawing water from their private wells. That probably required electricity to power the pump. No electricity = no water

I hear ya, I'm off city water and when the power is out we don't flush as it were.

I've never been to eastern Europe but their plumbing situation (in game) looks a little behind what were used to. I don't see sinks or inside toilets but I see lots of galvanized tin pail. There's a good chance these folks send one of the kids out to fetch some water for dishes, laundry, etc. 

LMAO love it - a noob schooling the "experts".

Just out of interest, do the water pumps need purification tablets now?

The way you describe your play style sounds no different at all then for me as that's what I do. Even on the coast where "there's no loot anywhere!" I'll find the stuff the noobs didn't and I've never once come out of a place without something useful. Given the abundance of berries / apples and water pumps, there's no excuse for starving to death.

it all depends on the server you are on. some have literally nothing but books and hard hats even inland. while others have things all over the place even at the coast.

it's luck of the draw to which server you find. so if your server has a proper loot table, stay there! lol

These people have outhouses. How many electric pumps do you think they have? Also, their outhouses doubled as storage bins for everything.

Yeah, I see the point made, but I digress from it. Too much good has come from this patch to deny its potential. Agreed, spawns are fucked up. Military installations should still spawn more military gear, but not to the point where you find 5 rifles at the same time. It should be made so everyone can get a chance to loot and get lucky, not just the clans that used to own those places, due to sheer manpower. Dayz used to have a system that didn't encourage travel; it encouraged server hopping. Now we are forced to travel, and we will travel more when the loot becomes more localized/specific and once the balancing is sorted out a bit better. Devs probably have no clue about what do improve, until they get concrete feedback. Which is what we are providing by playing. And the opinions about this are split. I see these types of players emerge:

a) instant gratification = you want to know where to go and find what you expect to find there. If nothing is there you feel cheated.

B) survivalists = you want to live off the land, but the current mechanics (bow not working, can't carve fish filet, can't cut seeds from vegetables) and lack of cooking equipment make this nearly impossible (ok, but you can still farm!)

c) the faithful = you waited long and patiently for Dayz to become an apocalyptic game, instead of a shooter with loot. You see the game coming together and starting to work the way you always imagined; you will wait longer and deal with the flaws

d) the have-it-alls = you spend 10 hours a day looting and have 12 tents packed with all the gear other people are looking for. You have one tent just for your MP5 mags.

So somewhere in these categories I picture each player will find himself represented. Maybe even a mix of two of them, depending on how your day was and how your last session went. I know this was a tough update, and I have been closer to death by starvation or loss of blood than I would have liked much too often. But in the end it is suddenly more gratifying to find a can of peaches and focus less on merely getting guns and ammo. Food is a necessity, guns are a commodity. I deal with the necessities first, build a camp, find a truck. Then I roam around for loot and I have died less in this patch than all the times before, when I was shot, usually from a distance, usually at a high gain loot spawn. This patch is good, imho. It will just become better when everone realizes they need to travel more and cooperate more often. The north is suddenly much more attractive. And I love the environments and challenges (lot of zombies) there. 

Edited by S3V3N

There is plenty if food and other loot every where. In about 2 hours I spawned in solnichy, worked my way to Dolina and then to Gorka. I had good clothes, assault vest, AKM, 2 30 ring mags and plenty of food and drink to get healthy. I even found a pso1 in an outhouse. Now I'm sitting 400m off a bend in the road from cherno to nadezhdino. I've killed 3 players in maybe 4 hours and have filled my tents with their loot that wasn't ruined. It's all in how you play

. I've killed 3 players in maybe 4 hours and have filled my tents with their loot that wasn't ruined. It's all in how you play

And that is why i want my mosin with the long range scope, so i can pop off people like you that take what others have worked hard for.

Well when it's impossible to find food and impossible to hunt because you can't find guns and ammo and impossible to fish because you can't find hooks then guess what; it doesn't matter if there's a bunch of shirts and teddy bears that could be useful to someone, you'll starve to death. And then you'll respawn and repeat the process and keep respawning until you find a lucky can of beans. And then you'll die because you can't find any weapons to defend yourself from players or zombies.

I'm fine with making zombies harder, but the loot mechanics of 0.55 are troubling to say the least, considering that the lack of food and ability to get food make it extremely difficult to get anywhere.

Surviving at the moment is more about dumb luck then managing your food supplies or hunting, since food rarely spawns and when it does it's in weird 

Apple trees and gardening skipper.

I found that you have about 3 seconds between the items being perfect or spoiled it the options looking at it with the target hairs.

Makes no difference in the description of it though it still says pristine even though the display said spoiled.

SXFxvH.png

I can see how this makes it sustainable, but you have to be able to get to a position to be able to do this in the first place.

This back pack is my planting supplies pack.

Cillin , planting and whittlin with wilson.

Edited by PlasticAssasin8

And that is why i want my mosin with the long range scope, so i can pop off people like you that take what others have worked hard for.

And you "snipers" are my favorite people to track down and kill at close range. A pair of binoculars are my fav weapon. Some are very good snipers, but most are just bad. I literally sat next to a guy for 20 mins while he was scoped in over looking novo. He never came off the scope or he would have had to see me. That was my first ever grenade kill.

And you "snipers" are my favorite people to track down and kill at close range. A pair of binoculars are my fav weapon. Some are very good snipers, but most are just bad. I literally sat next to a guy for 20 mins while he was scoped in over looking novo. He never came off the scope or he would have had to see me. That was my first ever grenade kill.

Not a sniper, only use it to see where someone is, i only shoot if shot at or see someone shoot someone else for no reason but to steal their gear, and by that time i am within normal range

B) survivalists = you want to live off the land, but the current mechanics (bow not working, can't carve fish filet, can't cut seeds from vegetables) and lack of cooking equipment make this nearly impossible (ok, but you can still farm!)

c) the faithful = you waited long and patiently for Dayz to become an apocalyptic game, instead of a shooter with loot. You see the game coming together and starting to work the way you always imagined; you will wait longer and deal with the flaws

I find myself in both types, particularly the former one. I love the way it is much harder to survive these days, however the current bugs are super frustrating to me. When my character found the hard way about the fish, he might have wept a little. Also, I don't understand why they had to nerf farming (no seed cutting, less seed stacking)? And remember that with no rain you need a container just to farm, even if you stand next to a pump and could carry the water in your mouth. As a friend of mine put it, "hit snipers not farmers".

And while I fully accept that crafting some more complex stuff can be tricky (it actually takes a moment to be able to fish), it would be good to at least pretend realism. I'm growing tired of the need for a cooking pot, this really hurts my immersion. We can craft backpacks from boar skin but will be on the brink of starvation without a cooking pot. This really, really must go as a prerequisite. Reserve it for zombie soup and other fancy gourmet.

And while we're at it, we need more options to start a fire and/or more lighters at most houses. Yeah I know, this has been mentioned a thousand times. It's just hard for me to understand how a guy who tans cow pelts cannot operate a magnifying lense or just use two sticks.

All in all, the patch is great, but without some survivalist fixes and improvements the goal of my game is how to secure a steady input of 'energized' for the inevitable healing I need with the current zombies. And it turns out that without pumpkins I'm simply royally fucked.

• Like 2

I found that you have about 3 seconds between the items being perfect or spoiled it the options looking at it with the target hairs.

Makes no difference in the description of it though it still says pristine even though the display said spoiled.

SXFxvH.png

I can see how this makes it sustainable, but you have to be able to get to a position to be able to do this in the first place.

This back pack is my planting supplies pack.

Cillin , planting and whittlin with wilson.

But you can harvest them quickly and he will just put them on the ground (where they stay pristine). To my knowledge vegetables only rot real fast, when you don't manage to harvest the plant. 

• Like 1

.... i only shoot if shot at or see someone shoot someone else for no reason ...

This is what EVERYONE says!!!

I will bet PlasticAssasin will KOS if he has a tricked out AK, with all the bells and whistles for it, and a pack worth of good stuff. No time to talk with anyone, when YOU have something they want. And then he will get on these forums to hate people for playing this game their own way.

Not a sniper, only use it to see where someone is, i only shoot if shot at or see someone shoot someone else for no reason but to steal their gear, and by that time i am within normal range

Ill uze mii hak3d SVD 2 quik snipe u. come 2 stary & fac3 ur fearzz. 1m a full out heeerow

• Like 1

But you can harvest them quickly and he will just put them on the ground (where they stay pristine). To my knowledge vegetables only rot real fast, when you don't manage to harvest the plant. 

I'm still not sure about this and I garden allot. The spoiled ones seem more RNG than anything and my lag/desync don't always allow me to pick within 3 seconds.

This is what EVERYONE says!!!

I will bet PlasticAssasin will KOS if he has a tricked out AK, with all the bells and whistles for it, and a pack worth of good stuff. No time to talk with anyone, when YOU have something they want. And then he will get on these forums to hate people for playing this game their own way.

I'm still not sure about this and I garden allot. The spoiled ones seem more RNG than anything and my lag/desync don't always allow me to pick within 3 seconds.

They a;; say pristine though when in the pack, so they must be ok

They a;; say pristine though when in the pack, so they must be ok

My "food camp" is so far from spawns in public right now I haven't had the nerve to try one of the spoiled ones. 

How about you take one for the team and lemme know how it worked out?

My "food camp" is so far from spawns in public right now I haven't had the nerve to try one of the spoiled ones. 

How about you take one for the team and lemme know how it worked out?

I have, the peppers give me hydration than anything.

Edited by PlasticAssasin8

So did anyone contract a disease from spoiled veggies? I'm quite sure this is not implemented right now. But then again, I came to think the same about a land mine which wasn't triggered by the zeds, so I decided to run over it and see if it works. Spoiler alert: it does. :)

Actually, yesterday I died twice to a botched experiment. First was the land mine, then me and my friend put some ammo in a furnace. Seeing it does nothing, we put a spray can in and like, took a really close look at the furnace. LOL.

I have, the peppers give me hydration than anything.

So like normal peppers? I only grow them for hydration. Then I just need a pet bottle and a pond away from a well and no purification tabs. I eat a whole pumpkin and take some peppers for the road and no need for clean water.

@Kirov

That spray paint thing is hilarious, I've met some people dumb enough to do that IRL and lived leading to me have less faith in natural selection. 

So like normal peppers? I only grow them for hydration. Then I just need a pet bottle and a pond away from a well and no purification tabs. I eat a whole pumpkin and take some peppers for the road and no need for clean water.

@Kirov

That spray paint thing is hilarious, I've met some people dumb enough to do that IRL and lived leading to me have less faith in natural selection. 

Well i havent been sick from them yet and ive had plenty so far