lucianpin

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere, nor survival lifestyle

There are your words.

Your words: "assuming Chernarus was a peaceful utopia where crime and war was unheard of"

My words: Who said that -> Chernarus was a peaceful utopia?

I did not say Chernarus is peaceful. And for your information, the place I live right now was under World War II and I don't find weapons everywhere.

About Chernarus as I said before, there could be or could not be war weapons, either case is valid - if we refer to DayZ story. In real life I am sure you won't find any weapon.

Yeah damn those server owners, always up to no good !!

Without the people who don't own a server but 'just play', the server owners would just have a very boring "almost-single-player offline game" (playing DayZ PvE with clan mates with no human thread around is boring as hell - or very fun since they can easily collect the high value stuff). So both sides need each other. And thus, there is no reason to favor owners by enabling them to collect the most precious stuff without a faintest thread and bring this stuff against players who aquire it by combat, stealth and patience.

Your words: "assuming Chernarus was a peaceful utopia where crime and war was unheard of"

My words: Who said that -> Chernarus was a peaceful utopia?

I did not say Chernarus is peaceful. And for your information, the place I live right now was under World War II and I don't find weapons everywhere.

About Chernarus as I said before, there could be or could not be war weapons, either case is valid - if we refer to DayZ story. In real life I am sure you won't find any weapon.

World war 2 was before your parent's time, of course you don't find weapons of the 1930s and 1940s there. There Chernorussian civil war was ongoing before the outbreak, your analogy sucks.

• Like 1

World war 2 was before your parent's time, of course you don't find weapons of the 1930s and 1940s there. There Chernorussian civil war was ongoing before the outbreak, your analogy sucks.

so you are saying that in a coutry were weapons are illegal, you find all kind of weapons AFTER the war just siting on the ground... ridiculous

this is a fucking game and I said we need no excuses/reasons to justifiy the presence or absence of any kind of weapons

Edited by lucianpin

Shut up. Variety means nothing.

Proliferation is what matters. Once spawns are balanced, it'll be a lot more reasonable. Even now, only one in four people actually have "war weapons" (what the fuck does that even mean?). It's not as bad as you say it is.

Also: Chernarus has been a warzone several times. Military weapons are a given.

Edited by Cap'n

so you are saying that in a coutry were weapons are illegal, you find all kind of weapons AFTER the war just siting on the ground... ridiculous

this is a fucking game and I said we need no excuses/reasons to justifiy the presence or absence of any kind of weapons

Yeah people never ever break the laws. Gun control works in places like Mexico, Iraq, East Ukraine; No one ever ever will pick up a gun a non effective or nonexistent government wouldn't allow them to, especially when needing protection from bandits and criminals. Next time you get shot at in game, call the Chernorussian police.

The game isn't made to your unpopular specifications. Select fire weapons are here to stay. Deal with it friend.

Yeah people never ever break the laws. Gun control works in places like Mexico, Iraq, East Ukraine; No one ever ever will pick up a gun a non effective or nonexistent government wouldn't allow them to, especially when needing protection from bandits and criminals. Next time you get shot at in game, call the Chernorussian police.

The game isn't made to your unpopular specifications. Select fire weapons are here to stay. Deal with it friend.

You are getting very personal and wrong. The scope of this thread is very clear - to discuss about full auto weapons and their power in this game. I don't care about illegal weapons from Ukraine - if you explore a 14 square kilometers random in Ukraine it is very possible not to find any weapon lol. I don't care about your comparison with REALITY. This thread is simple, how many auto weapons should be present in this game not in Ukraine or if DayZ could have no auto weapons. Is that simple. Thank you for your opinion.

Tomorrow a game with name UkraineZ could be released with no auto weapons and you can't tell me that this game sucks, it is not realisitc - we have zombies in the first place.

Nice bait, keep it relevant to the topic. This is the DayZ forums, not pointless religious arguments forum.

Also, no. Assault Rifles are a thing, a bullet is a bullet. Even if he can spray, you can still shoot back. Learn how to react.

It would appear you lack a sense of humor sir.  I apologize if my aside insulted you or whatever religious sensitivities you may hold, and i urge you not to derail the topic further.

As another aside, people seem to think that balance is some kind of communist system where everything gets brought to a single point of equality.

Balance in general means that a particular avenue is not more or less attractive.  This means that there are tight corners for shotguns, long open fields for longarms, and plenty of things to shoot at with automatic rifles.  'Balance' can be acchieved more wholly (IMO) by developing the world and gameplay mechanics, rather than just tweaking the weapon statistics.  That said, if we get railguns that do 9000+damage and turn gunplay into something akin to *sense of humor required*

throwing a sausage down a hallway

then i'd be kicking up a stink.  But the AKM is not some god-gun imo.  Then again, i'm the guy who ran the Kar98 in DoD and the like :o)

TBH i have only used the AKM and was quite disappointed that there was no alternate (semi-automatic) fire modes available.  I definitely enjoy the 75 rounds, and there are situations where automatic is useful, but for the most part, it's just a bigger badder sks with a clumsier, more unwieldly feel to it.

Also, isn't Chernarus 25x25km^2?  Im counting the squares in dayz map theres like 15x15 yeah, but damn does it take a long time to jog 15k... average walking speed is like 4k/h.  eat more beans!

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

But why?  What's the point of early access for FEEDBACK, when they're just going to do whatever the fuck they want anyway?

Umm they will probably make their decision based on FEEDBACK they received during early access ... calm yer tits

You may not be doing squad play but other people are. What's an apocalypse scenario without heavily armed militias?

You may not be doing squad play but other people are. What's an apocalypse scenario without heavily armed militias?

Exactly. I have ZERO problems with there being "heavily armed militias" in Day Z. What do you think would happen?

The shit would hit the fan, and people would organize, for defense, for trade, for safety. It is "human nature" (as much as I hate that prase)

What I would like to see, is the "heavily armed militias" defending their own locations: fortified compounds, wells (which really could be cut back in number), trading centers, farming communes.

Think about it: players run across a fortified farming commune. This location is defended by a clan, who protect the complex in return for a cut of the "profits" (food, trade goods, etc) of the traders, farmers, and industries. They have a still, to make moonshine, which in turn powers a generator in order to run a makeshift hospital, some light industry (bullet presses, food processors, metal shaping, etc), and just provide light. The clan also sponsors independent "water merchants", who draw water from the well and sell it to less-fortunate compounds (would be awesome to see if/when "standing water" in the environment makes you SEVERELY ill, and 90% of the wells in Chernarus are removed)

See people? THAT IS HOW CIVILIZATION WORKS.

Now, I am not saying that this would be all "peachy-keen, puppies-and-rainbows". Bandits can raid the caravans going to the compound, while the clan attempts to defend them. They are successful, but start enacting draconian measures to guarantee future security (no "outside" weapons allowed, traders have to have "papers", demanding bigger and bigger cuts from traders and farmers, etc). Some of the traders and farmers get disgruntled as a result of this treatment, and leave to go form their own commune. The original clan, infuriated as a result of losing profit, declare war on the new commune.

etc etc etc. Realistic, fun gameplay, that also prompts people working together.

• Like 2

Certainly spoiled in DayZ. In 7Days to Die just having a slow firing crossbow is a massive leap in technology :)

When in the midle of a town, you have no chance when someone is shooting at you with a fully automatic weapon. You really cann't defend yourself. This is so realistic indeed, but I think this kind of weapons is an exaggeration for a survival game where you find all kind of old weapons or vehicles on a russian land. Why this game should be so unbalanced? It is good the diversity of the weapons, but more balance would be great.

Full auto weapons should only be present in games like Arma 2/3 where people play in large squads and all angles can be secured.

I think that situations like this when two survivors are sprayed by an automatic weapon is not specific for a survival game where people would want to go finshing and hunting.

Either all automatic weapons are so pupular that everyone would have one, or automatic weapons do not exist so that everyone that is walking and is hit or hears gun shoots would have at least a second chance.

Hi guys, I'm going to be the annoing guy who sais: "THIS IS ALPHA!!!"

But seriously, this game is far from being finished and therefore they won't do any minor balancing like this.

A few reasons why balancing would be stupid:

- The problem solves itself time after time. For each new automatic weapon they put into the game, there will be new magazine type and eventually a new ammo type. So in the future it will be a much more challenging task to find a fully equipped automatic weapon. And if somebody manages to get one, they'll probably not go on high populated servers into a major city.

- If the devs would start balancing now, they'd just waste their time on something that balance itself in the future and needed to rebalance everytime they added a new gun.

- As soon as loot spawning, central hive and persistance are working balancing is much easier and effective (especially against server hoppers)

- At the moment it's possible with your own server to let loot respawn, so balancing wouldn't change anything because people who can do this now, will still do it and get their weapons nearly as quickly. Major problem: nobody else then has good weapons to fight them.

Automatic weapons are a given in any apocalyptic setting. When the world goes to shit, soldiers will be deployed and when they are overrun and killed their weapons will be everywhere they were stationed. When a military moves in somewhere they will have supply dumps. These will include weapons and ammo.

The OP sounds like he souls be playing the Forrest or rust if you want a wilderness survival game. I think that would be more his speed.

• Like 1

Whyhero, that's pretty much what things have been like with the trading company. Not that exact drama, but somewhat similar drama, and we do protect an area.

Even in CQC when you have a Mosin, if you see the guy with the auto first, you can take him down easily.

Not necessarily.  I was in berezino once and I was running from the barns near the construction site out towards factory.  I hear shots and enter the first house I see, crouched, peeking out of windows to see where the shots came from.  A guy appears outside in the window and a gunfight ensues.  I had to hit him twice to take him down with a mosin, from only about 10 ft.  When I went to go loot his body I heard footsteps, so I went back inside and sat in the corner and waited, knowing it was either him or his buddy coming for revenge.  The guy comes out of nowhere with a fire extinguisher and I had to shoot him literally 3 times, POINT BLANK in the torso until he dropped.  Idk how or why, but that's 5 hits to take out 2 people in cqc. I accidentally shot someone with a derringer and they dropped one hit, mosin, not so much.

wells (which really could be cut back in number)

What possible, actually legitimate, reason could there be for such a thing?  What, did half of Chernarus just live without access to water or something?  That's ridiculous.  Especially when you get thirsty LITERALLY every 3-5 minutes from the running simulator 2015.  What possible reason could there be to cut down on wells?

- As soon as loot spawning, central hive and persistance are working balancing is much easier and effective (especially against server hoppers)

They won't balance server hopping, they encourage it.  That's going to be the foundation of the central hive system.  Can't find something on your server, hop over to server B.  Can't find it there, hop to server C.  So on and so forth.  Everyone's so mad about server hopping, when this terrible idea that actually ENCOURAGES server hopping is a main point in this games future.  Everyone should be mad about the terrible loot system they're working on, if they really want server hopping to stop.

They won't balance server hopping, they encourage it.  That's going to be the foundation of the central hive system.  Can't find something on your server, hop over to server B.  Can't find it there, hop to server C.  So on and so forth.  Everyone's so mad about server hopping, when this terrible idea that actually ENCOURAGES server hopping is a main point in this games future.  Everyone should be mad about the terrible loot system they're working on, if they really want server hopping to stop.

I wasn't really precise with my statement. What I meant was that with the loot spawning, it won't be as easy to find whatever you need as it was before, because loot will be distributed randomly among the spawn points in a certain area. E.g. currently the AK-Family mainly spawns in barracks, so server hoppers exactly know their spots where to look for what they need and as soon as they've been trough them, they leave. With the new loot distibution it won't be that easy anmore.

Your statement is not 100% correct. Yes, they want "server hopping" but not the kind of server hopping everyone complains about. What you are probably thinking of, is that somebody logs in/out near a military area or any other rare loot spawn, checks the good places and leaves. As far as I understood the devs, they want you to join different servers (servers where you don't have your base or vehicle) and search for loot there. Since it's distibuted independatly from the spawn points, it's a more challenging hunt for the items. It's not the classsical, "I join the server, loot 2 min and leave"-hopping. It's more like the: "oh crap I need a 'xyz' for my vehicle. I'll join another server and see if I can find one there because here on my current server I've checked all the sourrounding places"-hopping.

Their main goal is to ensure that you also visit other servers and don't just stay on one server where you have your base.

Edited by degude
  • Like 2

I wasn't really precise with my statement. What I meant was that with the loot spawning, it won't be as easy to find whatever you need as it was before, because loot will be distributed randomly among the spawn points in a certain area. E.g. currently the AK-Family mainly spawns in barracks, so server hoppers exactly know their spots where to look for what they need and as soon as they've been trough them, they leave. With the new loot distibution it won't be that easy anmore.

Your statement is not 100% correct. Yes, they want "server hopping" but not the kind of server hopping everyone complains about. What you are probably thinking of, is that somebody logs in/out near a military area or any other rare loot spawn, checks the good places and leaves. As far as I understood the devs, they want you to join different servers (servers where you don't have your base or vehicle) and search for loot there. Since it's distibuted independatly from the spawn points, it's a more challenging hunt for the items. It's not the classsical, "I join the server, loot 2 min and leave"-hopping. It's more like the: "oh crap I need a 'xyz' for my vehicle. I'll join another server and see if I can find one there because here on my current server I've checked all the sourrounding places"-hopping.

Their main goal is to ensure that you also visit other servers and don't just stay on one server where you have your base.

if they randomized where the loot spawned in the first place it would drastically decrease server hopping. i know what all the gun houses look like, just like i know what all the food houses look like. randomize WHERE the loot spawns so that i have the same chance of finding a m4 at a crash site, or finding a trumpet.

people hop areas because they know certain things are going to spawn there. would you sit and hop a military base when there is a chance of finding children's backpacks? apples?

randomize the loot so im not sure whats going to spawn in what building. this forces me to check them all, instead of running straight through cherno and only needing to hit the corner bars and gun houses.

i know for sure i wouldnt hop if i could find a m4/ak in a factory, i would run across the map checking every spawn location... not hop.

Not necessarily.  I was in berezino once and I was running from the barns near the construction site out towards factory.  I hear shots and enter the first house I see, crouched, peeking out of windows to see where the shots came from.  A guy appears outside in the window and a gunfight ensues.  I had to hit him twice to take him down with a mosin, from only about 10 ft.  When I went to go loot his body I heard footsteps, so I went back inside and sat in the corner and waited, knowing it was either him or his buddy coming for revenge.  The guy comes out of nowhere with a fire extinguisher and I had to shoot him literally 3 times, POINT BLANK in the torso until he dropped.  Idk how or why, but that's 5 hits to take out 2 people in cqc. I accidentally shot someone with a derringer and they dropped one hit, mosin, not so much.

When was that? Weapon damage was highly increased a couple months ago. It used to take that much if they had body armor on sometimes.

Last night I killed a guy with an M4A1 near Zeleno in the forest and did hide body with the weapon. I got my satisfaction. His friend killed me (wtih another M4A1) and he was mad about the M4A1 lost :) Yey! One less M4A1 :)

Edited by lucianpin

if they randomized where the loot spawned in the first place it would drastically decrease server hopping. i know what all the gun houses look like, just like i know what all the food houses look like. randomize WHERE the loot spawns so that i have the same chance of finding a m4 at a crash site, or finding a trumpet.

people hop areas because they know certain things are going to spawn there. would you sit and hop a military base when there is a chance of finding children's backpacks? apples?

randomize the loot so im not sure whats going to spawn in what building. this forces me to check them all, instead of running straight through cherno and only needing to hit the corner bars and gun houses.

i know for sure i wouldnt hop if i could find a m4/ak in a factory, i would run across the map checking every spawn location... not hop.

Exactly.

I would assume that they didn't do it earlier, because the "current" loot spawn system is  just a placeholder for the propper system. I think they said something like, "the central hive has to work first ..."

But let's get back to the original topic: "Full auto weapons"

I agree that full auto weapons are not very common among private weapon owners in Mid-eastern Europe, BUT:

- There are two military bases nearby and they usually have full auto weapons.

- Imagine a "zombie outbreak" in such a country. What would happen? Other countries would send help and military support --> Helicopter crash sites (nearly only spawn for western weapons)

- The V3S-version in DayZ (also the ones upcoming) are military vehicles, suggesting that some military troops came to that area.

With all that military activity would it rather look weird if there weren't any full auto weapons. And like I said in my former post, the more auto-weapons we get, the harder it will become to find all necessary parts and the right ammo for a functioning weapon.

EDIT: Especially with lots of new ammo types, a full-auto-weapons can be a disadvantage because you're going to run out of ammo very quickly.

Edited by degude
  • Like 1