Sign in to follow this  
General Moon

Bandit hunting.

So here is the scenario:

I met a friend online and we had been playing DayZ together for a few months, and in the beginning me, him and another dude went on an adventure, we were all noobs and so we weren't really veterans to say the least. But some shit happened and they two ended up killing me. A month later, when it had been settled me and one of them went on an adventure again on a private shard, he was joking around with a shotgun and almost shot me, so then i pulled out my Blaze and started joking around aswell, and accidently shot him. So now, this very day this post is being written i got killed by my bud on a public hive, i was fully geared, and i mean FULLY GEARED! I had an AKM with several drum magazines and an AKS-74U with a few mags i was gonna give to my bud, we met up with another dude in Balota by the water pump, and one of them said that the water pump didn't work and wanted me to try it, and i did so not knowing the other bud sat in a bush with a SKS pointed at my head, all i heard was a boom and read "You Are Dead", so now, he ran off with my gear and i'm wondering if anyone is up to kill this bandit? I have him on Steam and i could probably tell him i was ok with it. And so we set up an ambush and.. Get rid of that bandit.

So now, who's with me?

One Bambi down, ∞ left.

Rule 1 : do NOT trust anyone

Rule 2 : do NOT talk about the fight club

Rule 3 : do NOT talk about the fight club

Welcome to Day Z:

Rule #1: NEVER get attached to your gear

Rule #2: Don't trust ANYONE

Rule #3: You WILL die, you are always just one step away from death, be it by zed, bandit or bug, in the end, you will die.

Rule #4: Situational Awareness, if not, see Rule #3

Rule #5: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Nice friends you have. How about finding real friends you can trust?

Well, i still have some trustable friends on Steam, but this particular one was a dick.

Welcome to Day Z:

Rule #1: NEVER get attached to your gear

Rule #2: Don't trust ANYONE

Rule #3: You WILL die, you are always just one step away from death, be it by zed, bandit or bug, in the end, you will die.

Rule #4: Situational Awareness, if not, see Rule #3

Rule #5: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

1.  It's not the gear i'm after, i can get the exact same gear in a few hours. It's the satisfaction of killing him once and for all.

2. Well why do you see clans running around, if you are supposed to not trust anyone, doesn't that mean you are saying "If you see someone, kill them and don't trust them"

3. Oh trust me i've died many times from bugs, zeds and bandits. Infact i was at the NWAF the other day, and went into the firestation, suddently my FPS drops down alot and then i see myself on the other side of the wall, falling to my death.

4. Well i would never think he would kill me again, i thought we had it all over but i can't leave it here, with that bandit running around with some mad gear.

5. Is being betrayed by your friend permitted?

srry but i turned to the dark side and joined the never drink at a pump club a long time ago

Well why don't you try hunting him yourself?

Proper bandits do not KOS. They are much more skilled than that. Too bad we don't see more of them.

i ll help :P

Steam nameplease ;), my Steam name is the same as my profile name on here.

Edited by General Moon

Well why don't you try hunting him yourself?

Problem is he rolls with a friend so the chances of me successing with my AKM isn't too high, he's got an AKM aswell, his friend has an AKS-74U. So my chances of killing them both without a PSO is low.

Proper bandits do not KOS. They are much more skilled than that. Too bad we don't see more of them.

I agree completely, in this case he hid in a bush and just shot me. It's not the gear i want, it's the satisfaction of removing that bandit off the market.

Your fault. I personally would've killed you to.

So it's my fault for being a friend to someone? He told me he couldn't use the well in Balota for some reason, i went over there and it worked for me. Then all i see is "You Are Dead". And even so if it is my fault i posted this thread for assistance, not hate.

So it's my fault for being a friend to someone? He told me he couldn't use the well in Balota for some reason, i went over there and it worked for me. Then all i see is "You Are Dead". And even so if it is my fault i posted this thread for assistance, not hate.

It might be your fault for not thoroughly researching the DayZ community before diving in to the game and forums.  About half of all the people to read a post will only look for something to misinterpret and then call you whiner.  Eventually you will grow to hate and kill everyone and learn to live off the land, only contacting the human world peaches and booze.

• Like 1

So it's my fault for being a friend to someone?

As a matter of fact, yes. It is your fault. You are never friends with anyone you meet in DayZ. You can have friendly interactions. But regardless on if its a game or not. Its a zombie apocalypse. You try to survive. Your decisions kept you from doing such.

• Like 1

You forgot the first rule of DayZ. Never do anything out in the open. You must act like a ninja at all times and avoid anything to do with another player. :ph34r:

As a matter of fact, yes. It is your fault. You are never friends with anyone you meet in DayZ. You can have friendly interactions. But regardless on if its a game or not. Its a zombie apocalypse. You try to survive. Your decisions kept you from doing such.

That's not ALWAYS true... I actually met someone in-game the day the prison island was introduced (so what, over a month ago now?), we ran around exploring the new island and checking out the new loot together, and we've played together almost everyday since then. Granted, that's a needle in a haystack/diamond in the rough kind of situation, but it IS possible to make friends on Day Z

Problem is he rolls with a friend so the chances of me successing with my AKM isn't too high, he's got an AKM aswell, his friend has an AKS-74U. So my chances of killing them both without a PSO is low.

Come up to Vybor and I can arrange you something (can't promise you a PSO though)

Edited by Yazar8

meh.  Dying is pretty irrelevant.

One time, while rummaging around NWAF tents with my brother and RL friend, I decided to shoot my own brother just to evoke a response from our friend.  The biggest failure, in my opinion, was that after our friend watched me shoot my own brother, he didn't retaliate and kill me.  I really wanted my friend to kill another player (me) because he hadn't done so previously. 

Is this wrong?  Yes, if you get attached to your gear.  No, if you realize that learning how to play and being able to pull the trigger without hesitation or fear is much more important.

You should thank this bandit-guy for teaching you an important lesson in (dayz) life!