Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Where's the M65 jacket?

The black on is on my back :)

Found at NATO heli crash sites, my heli had a black and tan one along with 2 M4s and an AUG

The black on is on my back :)

Found at NATO heli crash sites, my heli had a black and tan one along with 2 M4s and an AUG

Jesus that was a lucky crash..

I wonder if they made the M4s and AUGs and such more common at crash sites.

But those jackets look amazing.

Black looks amazing.

YOU look amazing.

I wonder if they made the M4s and AUGs and such more common at crash sites.

No, of the five helicopter crashes I have found in .54, three were the UH-1Y-Venom (a.k.a. NATO) crashes. One had a M65 Jacket, and none had guns. I do feel the Mi-8 spawns guns more commonly, as in the two I have found, as least one AK model spawned, and a PM73 RAK spawned in one of them.

No, of the five helicopter crashes I have found in .54, three were the UH-1Y-Venom (a.k.a. NATO) crashes. One had a M65 Jacket, and none had guns. I do feel the Mi-8 spawns guns more commonly, as in the two I have found, as least one AK model spawned, and a PM73 RAK spawned in one of them.

ooo. I play on a RP server. That PM73 would fetch a good price..

It is heli loot? Then I can forget about it since I don't own a server :-/

Any special plans you got for that RAK?

Yeah it's heli loot, I've seen a few of these badboys (gave two to friends) now though never in any other condition other than Damaged. Nice amount of storage and it the tan one looks great with a Plate Carrier (no clipping!) but sadly it's not waterproof and as a result I'm constantly having to stop to make fires.

Is M-65 waterproof?

Nope, it's painful wearing it in rain but those extra slots are very handy! With 2 protector cases, it would give you 12 slots,  compared to gorka/ttsko + protector case which is only 8.

I've found 3 of them since .54 patch; tan, olive, and black. They look awesome and the storage is great, but as was said already, they're not waterproof so I usually carry a raincoat with me as well for when I'm in a rainy server

and a PM73 RAK spawned in one of them.

Sorry but with an item as rare as the RAK i gotta say no pic, no proof.

found an olive m65 jacket today, awesome 8 slottage.... then got ran over by a driverless V3S ;(  found a plate carrier now though

Sorry but with an item as rare as the RAK i gotta say no pic, no proof.

This picture was taken before the wipe.

uiHCZFO.jpg

Although, I know friends who also have the RAK on this build. It's not that rare anymore.

As mentioned, crash sites only. Would make more sense to have these spawn elsewhere as they're not that rare an item IRL (I have 2 and am neither in the Military or Fly a helicopter).

The M65 has gone straight in as one of my most fave items in game. Currently sporting a khaki one and I feel luxuriously bad a$$.

American crashes I used to have one till I gave it away to help a friend. Also does the pm 73 rak spawn at the prison and police station and police cars I've been finding mags everyyywwere I have like 6 mags in my SMERSH vest.

This picture was taken before the wipe.

uiHCZFO.jpg

Although, I know friends who also have the RAK on this build. It's not that rare anymore.

Fair enough. In the 800+ hrs i've played i haven't seen one, it is the only item in the game i haven't possessed

Fair enough. In the 800+ hrs i've played i haven't seen one, it is the only item in the game i haven't possessed

Trust me, you'll almost never get those rare items by searching on your own. You need a group of people, or trade it for something good you have.

Believe it or not, the RAK you see at this picture was my 2nd. I kept screwing over with it, whenever I got a RAK, I kept losing it. Once I lost it, can't even remember why? Oh yeah, persistence deleted it. At the other one I accidentally pressed G and threw it on the floor and it got deleted (that RAK you see at the picture) I lost the last one I had to a char reset (there were attacks going on with the DB, I was IG at that time and it overwrote my character, lost lots of gear at that one)

Then it was eventually the last few days before 0.53 wipe and I had a friend who had it, he offered me to take it since we were going to get reset anyway, but I didn't take it that time.

Edited by Yazar8

Mista! Mista! You want mags?

It is heli loot? Then I can forget about it since I don't own a server :-/

Persistence OFF Restart=kick everyone for the first fifteen minutes.

Persistence OFF Restart=kick everyone for the first fifteen minutes.

I'm afraid I have not understood you. You recommend to go onto a server with persistence disabled and .... ?

I'm afraid I have not understood you. You recommend to go onto a server with persistence disabled and .... ?

I was commenting on your lamentations about helicopter loot being inaccessible due to widespread admin abuse.  About 2/3 of the non persistent servers I have been on would routinely kick off all but three or four players right after a restart.  This is because the admin and his friends want a safe window to loot out high-value spawns, or do the helicopter circuit without any risk.  It's not hard to figure out who the bad admin is when it happens like clockwork, and there is always one name that shows up when kicking happens.  This makes it very difficult to be the first one onsite after a restart.

Edited by emuthreat