Sign in to follow this  
Valdenburg

What is going on? - "Bec Service has been terminated."

:huh: Should all server owners expect BEC to terminate? Or is that up to the GSP? I don't know how nuxil licensed BEC, etc...

Thanks

NVM! Map the ibattle domains to loopback

Edited by whiskeytango
  • Like 1

I hope now they talk to Punkbuster, and Aci for screen shot submission by server owners.

This will beat BEC.

since the tools are still working today. I have witnessed them each match in public. We need much stronger methods.

The community might get a whole lot smaller, I presume.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

I hope now they talk to Punkbuster, and Aci for screen shot submission by server owners.

This will beat BEC.

since the tools are still working today. I have witnessed them each match in public. We need much stronger methods.

The post is from this summer. Disregard.

As a protest against Bis for allowing Server monetization i am terminating all services associated with Bec.
Good bye Bis it has been a great time.

Regards.
Nuxil

Last edited by nuxil; Feb 18 2015 at
08:48
Reason:
update

see the update feb 18th? So are we sure its still going?

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

I'm curious as to what this may mean for Admins using BEC. Are we getting another option? Will we be able to continue using BEC for awhile?

I went to the website the other day and saw the termination notice and thought "WTF!?".

How to fix BEC

"Now Bec. There is a kill signal sent on version check.
This kill signal has only been used before on reporter accounts that tried to abuse|exploit the system.

As you have discovered the fix|workaround is simple

All you have to do is block any request done to ibattle.org by Bec. either in your sw firewall (windows firewall) or on your router
Bec will work normally after that. with the exception of the reporter account and version checking.

Why did i do this kill signal?
So people stop sending|requesting "garbage" traffic being sent|received to|from bansys & ibattle. as im no longer providing any services there."

Of course you won't be getting much support anymore.. but this will allow it to work "as it is". untill something breaks.

Edited by stefeman
  • Like 1

This will beat BEC.

I don't think you even understand what you're talking about. BEC is not BattlEye.

Ya it was already stated prior I said I mis read the bec/battleye.

-Hmm old bump by chance? or your just getting back from holidays?

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Don't most GSP host their own BEC for DayZ? You'd know if it had stopped working, as a lot of the ARMA guys have said it's been errors galore for them, but not seen anything interrupt on DayZ. I only found out this morning about the termination as I was wanting to look at the Scheduler help file for some reference, lol.

Edited by Euphobia

Don't most GSP host their own BEC for DayZ? You'd know if it had stopped working, as a lot of the ARMA guys have said it's been errors galore for them, but not seen anything interrupt on DayZ. I only found out this morning about the termination as I was wanting to look at the Scheduler help file for some reference, lol.

The response from multiplay;-

"As you may have seen reported the popular server control system BEC has been discontinued by the author. However, for those of you with BEC layers with us this will continue to be supported and remain working. BEC Layer hosting can still be purchased via our website."

The response from multiplay;-

"As you may have seen reported the popular server control system BEC has been discontinued by the author. However, for those of you with BEC layers with us this will continue to be supported and remain working. BEC Layer hosting can still be purchased via our website."

Thought as much, thanks, just wanted to check.