Sign in to follow this  
venomstingergaming

Scariest Experience in DayZ

So this story starts off on a low population server at night. I was looting a spawn city(fairly large, on the coast, white church in the middle with police station near it), fully geared. Lots of food, an MP-133 Shotgun with ammo, Dry-Bag, etc. I decided to head to the police station for some looting. I was searching some shelves, then I turned around and see a guy charging me with an Ice Axe. I didn't even hesitate, I put buckshot into his chest and he dropped. My heart was pounding for a bit after that, I didn't even hear him coming!

But I ask you, what is your scariest moment in DayZ?

• Like 2

I have literally jumped out of my seat when I was in a building once and a Zombie just did the Chatanooga Choo Choo right through the door and hit me. 

Literally. The literal definition of literal. 

My voluptuous asshole vertically ascended upwards and left contact with the chair. I wasn't expecting that at all, it surprised me more than I can describe. 

• Like 13

I've never found DayZ scary. Suspenseful, yes. I always get an adrenaline rush when I meet a group of people at a location of interest like either tent city. Playing hide and seek with guns against multiple targets is always a good time.

• Like 1

Probably the scariest moment was when it was my first day playing the game, and I was terrified of everything. There I was, in a house, picking up a can of beans, when a guy sprints through the door with a baseball bat and starts beating my face in with it. I was already super paranoid, and a jump scare like that did nothing to help calm my nerves.

I once ran into Electro and my FPS dropped to 12, i literally shit my pants :P

• Like 9

Was night fishing (fishing is kinda my thing) on a mid pop server, on a pond northeast of green mountain.

The moon was behind the clouds and it was pretty dark. I've cut up the last fish I catched and packed my things up ready to take the long trek back to my tent when I saw a moving silhouette at the left corner of my eye. Almost flipped my shit because just a minute ago I put off my fire and even though it was conceiled and I am not dumb enough to fish directly next to the fire I wondered if he saw me.

Turns out he didn't and that it wasn't just one he, it was 3 guys heavily decked out.

i decided to follow them, just for observation. They headed towards myshkino, to scavenge the tent city I assumed.

Since there was a lot of open fields and I am not used to stalk other players, especially not at night it was quite tense to stay close to them but not make myself visible.

For some reason Myshkino always seems a bit creepy to me, I used to live near the czech border and that town looked suspiciously close to what I remember from real life.

It didn't help that I lost them in the woods there towards the tent city. Thankfully one of them lit a flare and they retreated from the base, heading towards Vybor and the other fabled military base.

They eventually arrived there and just stormed the place without any precaution as if they'd own it. I waited a bit and followed them, took cover behind the ruined BMP tank in there, observed. I then see what can only be a very underequipped woman run out aimlessly out of the barracks, followed by the report of an SKS going off. The three guys all ran towards the woman who was now unable to move because the legs were broken. I knew how this was supposed to end already.

While screaming on direct chat that she was friendly and didn't have anything valuable one of these guys pulled out some meat which he forcefed her, saying they'll take care of her while giggling. The other guy swept out a knife casually cutting the helpless woman and bandaging her.

At this point I've had enough and decided to break out from my passive role, unloading my AK into the 3 dumbasses bunching up so close in a military base. They all dropped, never knew what hit them. The following silence was creepy as fuck. I waited a short while, then searched the corpses of those guys for some epinephrine but the girl already succumbed to her wounds. I stayed there for a short while, sucking up that atmosphere that something gruesome happened and it was just the silence with that short outburst of violence before that gave me the shakes.

10 minutes and some walking towards the south again, I hear a single Mosinshot and I drop instantly dead like a wet bag. Kudos to the shooter, that must have been a nice shot.

And thus ends the scary story of the whiteknight fisherman.

tl;dr night servera are awesome

• Like 11

Was night fishing (fishing is kinda my thing) on a mid pop server, on a pond northeast of green mountain.

The moon was behind the clouds and it was pretty dark. I've cut up the last fish I catched and packed my things up ready to take the long trek back to my tent when I saw a moving silhouette at the left corner of my eye. Almost flipped my shit because just a minute ago I put off my fire and even though it was conceiled and I am not dumb enough to fish directly next to the fire I wondered if he saw me.

Turns out he didn't and that it wasn't just one he, it was 3 guys heavily decked out.

i decided to follow them, just for observation. They headed towards myshkino, to scavenge the tent city I assumed.

Since there was a lot of open fields and I am not used to stalk other players, especially not at night it was quite tense to stay close to them but not make myself visible.

For some reason Myshkino always seems a bit creepy to me, I used to live near the czech border and that town looked suspiciously close to what I remember from real life.

It didn't help that I lost them in the woods there towards the tent city. Thankfully one of them lit a flare and they retreated from the base, heading towards Vybor and the other fabled military base.

They eventually arrived there and just stormed the place without any precaution as if they'd own it. I waited a bit and followed them, took cover behind the ruined BMP tank in there, observed. I then see what can only be a very underequipped woman run out aimlessly out of the barracks, followed by the report of an SKS going off. The three guys all ran towards the woman who was now unable to move because the legs were broken. I knew how this was supposed to end already.

While screaming on direct chat that she was friendly and didn't have anything valuable one of these guys pulled out some meat which he forcefed her, saying they'll take care of her while giggling. The other guy swept out a knife casually cutting the helpless woman and bandaging her.

At this point I've had enough and decided to break out from my passive role, unloading my AK into the 3 dumbasses bunching up so close in a military base. They all dropped, never knew what hit them. The following silence was creepy as fuck. I waited a short while, then searched the corpses of those guys for some epinephrine but the girl already succumbed to her wounds. I stayed there for a short while, sucking up that atmosphere that something gruesome happened and it was just the silence with that short outburst of violence before that gave me the shakes.

10 minutes and some walking towards the south again, I hear a single Mosinshot and I drop instantly dead like a wet bag. Kudos to the shooter, that must have been a nice shot.

And thus ends the scary story of the whiteknight fisherman.

tl;dr night servera are awesome

great story

btw where are the full nighttime servers

im dying to play at night on a server that isnt 3/50

Scariest dayz moments? Was scary for a day or two when the mod was released, especially when invisible skid trolls starting appearing. Other than that, none.

My scariest moment in Dayz is when i ran out of burritos and Pepsi Cola WWWWoooooOOOOOOOOeeeeeeeeOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! O3O

Anytime I get shot in the face without expecting it, is pretty damn scary. Which is pretty much how I always die.

That feeling when you see "I am dead" message, cannot be described. It is agony and fear, mixed with dissapointment and anger.

It is a "agofeardissangerment".

Edited by Calvin Candie
  • Like 4

I ran out of petrol in electro at night, when I got out on foot the entire city was ripe with chemlights and a flare gun sounded over the market.  I booked it straight back the way I came in.

• Like 6

I once ran into Electro and my FPS dropped to 12, i literally shit my pants :P

You probably shat bricks, but that's a completely different thing :D

• Like 2

The time I had to crawl from Kamensk military base to Severograd with broken legs was quite scary. At any point a horde of killer rabbits might have arrived and eaten me alive. Luckily, they didn't so I could fix my legs and run all the way to Novo before being KoS:ed.

• Like 5

I remember there was a time where i spawned fresh near the quarry at solnichniy. First thing i done was run up the hill to the northwest and keep to the trees. within a few minutes of running, at the peak of the hill in a flat area I see a quad bike just sitting.. Definitely suspicious so I look around for a good 3-4 minutes as I'm sure quads don't spawn there. I see that the only decent vantage point is another hill some 300-400 feet away. I keep an eye on it while making my way to the quad but nothing moves. I crawl up to the quad and open it. This guy has an FN Fal with scope, an M4A1 SD with 5 mags an M9 SD with 4 mags as well. He also had NVGs a GPS, water bottles, tent and other useful things. 

As a fresh spawn I couldn't believe my luck but I just knew it was one of those too good to be true deals. I left it where it was and ran back down the far side of the hill for a moment trying to make anyone watching think I was leaving and possibly take their crosshairs off the quad.. 10 seconds later I sprint back up the hill, Jump on hoping to god that if someone had stocked it so well that they kept it working also. I'm in luck.. almost full tank and green everything else. I don't even hesitate before chucking the quad down the hill as quick as possible in the opposite direction from the overlooking hill. Just as i'm about to be out of view of the opposite mound I hear a faint crack as my screen goes black and white. I hear another crack and another, Definitely coming from the overlooking hill. At this point I'm halfway down the hill and I'm almost dead. Knowing I have a few minutes unless he possibly has some buddies I risk getting off the quad before I bleed to death.. I look in the quad.. Blood bags and bandages. (I'm also on a self-bloodbag server) As I grab everything I need I hear someone running around but I've already bandaged and started bloodbagging.. This guy does have a friend.. AND they're killing fresh spawns. After a few seconds of tense waiting I hop on the quad yet again at full speed downhill with the slight weaves thrown in. I hear an AK firing from behind as there are cracks all around and dirt flying up in front. I take a few hits and my screen goes really faded again thinking i'm about to die. I don't let off the power and keep zooming down the road and just out of sight. After driving for a decent bit I pull into heavy trees at the coast and yet again bandage and bloodbag. 

I'm safe.. and have some really amazing gear for starting out which I later discover there is an AS50 with a few mags inside the quad as well that I had overlooked. This quad became a mobile base for me and my team of 4 and we had this all the way up until the server shut down which was a good while after. It got filled and emptied with the best gear 10 times over

(RIP Quadbase 2014-2014)

Edited by Deadlycog

In Novo, creeping through houses on a full server, sawn-off in hand, one eye on the clock tower at all times to check for snipers. I knew people were there cause I'd heard zombies aggroing. 

So when one of them screamed like five feet away from me, I was so startled I panic-shot both barrels. Not even aimed at the zombie, mind you, just just my trigger finger clenching along with my butthole. Then I just ran into the woods. 

I ran into a guy in Kamyshovo who follow me around once, and it freaked the crap out of me. He was armed holding an ax, but never swung it. I wasn't in the mood to kill someone unprovoked, so I ignored him. However, he followed me everywhere I went in Kamyshovo, then disappeared after I came out of the fire station. I ran to Elektro and was looting the fire station and I turn around and there's this freak again. Just standing there, about a foot from me, ax in hands, not responding or anything. Since he didn't seem hostile I didn't try to shoot him or anything. I ended up leading him through a wild goose chase game of cat and mouse through the apartments and finally lost him after getting down to the beach and running towards Cherno. I think he was just looking for someone to mess with, but it was funny (although it was weird and freakish at first).

When I first started playing a guy in a clown mask chased me for a good 30mins through trees and forrest, every time I thought I had lost him he popped up again wielding his shovel. I did eventually get away from him. DayZ isn't scary, it's tense as fuck though.

Glitching through through the nw fire station with an amphibia in your hand and a stack of grenades in your backpack and surviving.......

Odd I know.

Last week I was patching up my fractured arm high in the forest between kamyshovo and elektro. I started to hear the song 'tiptoe through the tulips' (listen to that song it's creepy as fuck). I'm in the middle of trying to make a splint, so I'm looking all over the place to try and find the source. It's getting louder, it's getting closer... Imagine my surprise when I see a guy slowly walking down the hill towards me, tiptoeing through the forest towards me you may say.

That was by far the creepiest thing I've ever expirenced. I was expecting him to be walking up the hill towards me, not from behind me.

Ps. I ended up shooting him in the legs due to lack of trust.

• Like 1

A few days ago I decided to log into a 3rd person sever.  It's been a while but I knew there had been a wipe so I knew what to expect.... or so I thought.  

The loading screen fades and I find myself on the side of a cliff!  I am on what seems to be a ledge just wide enough to walk on, hopefully to safety. So I take a few tentative steps, and then a few more as I gain some bravery.  I reach the plateau and take a few more confident steps towards solid ground when all of a sudden I am rubberbanded back to the exact place I so nearly thought I had escaped!  "NOOOOOOOOOO!"  I shouted as my character took a step off the ledge and fell to it's death.  Total elapsed lifetime, about 15 seconds.

"What's so scary about that?" you ask.  The fact that after all this time, players are still spawning into ridiculous places such as the side of a rock cliff...

Edited by SwitchSL
  • Like 1