Sign in to follow this  
gromlicious

Comparing DayZ to similar games.

120fps at all times in Arma III

What? Really?

lol, I thought the same. Guess it all depends on the view distance. A3 runs nice now, but it hasn't always. When it was Alpha (for us) it was further along than SA.

That's the real problem here, not understanding where standalone is, was, and going. Plans have changed, due to BI underestimating popularity. They're not building the game they where, theyre going deeper, be patient. It will be worth it.

• Like 1

Not a valid argument what so ever. H1z1 has been out not even a month and the game runs flawlessly. SA is getting to the point where it is almost unplayable. Ive never played a game that drops frames like this one. Personally I doubt they even get it fixed considering they cant even get AI in the game to work properly after a year.

Lack of reading of developer roadmap+lack of general understanding about game development specifics=inability to comprehend why your complaints are irrelevant at this time.

Did you hear that they are trying to upgrade the engine while the game is in early-acces, as well as adding in a renderer.   Ask a mechanic to change your oil while you are driving around town.  When he tells you that you are crazy and that it can't be done, try relating that to how the developers of DayZ are practically doing a transmission swap and updating the fuel delivery system while letting us cruise around.  I'm sure they will worry about sprucing up the upholstry and cleaning the windshield before they write up the invoice.

• Like 3

BE CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE...

Fixed.

The game does run rather poorly but it looks great, H1Z1 runs great and looks like it's face was on fire and someone tired to put it out with a shovel

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 2

The game does run rather poorly but it looks great, H1Z1 runs great and looks like it's face was on fire and someone tired to put it out with a shovel

I just like how the forests of H1Z1 actually look like forests, with undergrowth, different bushes and small trees, etc, unlike Day Z's "parklike" atmosphere.

I can actually hide in the woods in H1Z1.

• Like 1

I just like how the forests of H1Z1 actually look like forests, with undergrowth, different bushes and small trees, etc, unlike Day Z's "parklike" atmosphere.

I can actually hide in the woods in H1Z1.

You couldnt be more wrong when it comes to forests in dayz vs h1z1. Chernarus is incredibly realistic when it comes to portraying forests . Im originally from europe and i can tell you dayz got the flora and terrain spot on. Unlike h1z1 butt ugly hills that look like they were made in unity editor.

Zombies or infected AI is still terrible in dayz, worse than warz/infestation.

• Like 6

You couldnt be more wrong when it comes to forests in dayz vs h1z1. Chernarus is incredibly realistic when it comes to portraying forests . Im originally from europe and i can tell you dayz got the flora and terrain spot on. Unlike h1z1 butt ugly hills that look like they were made in unity editor.

Zombies or infected AI is still terrible in dayz, worse than warz/infestation.

I am referring to the plants and "ground cover". 

This game runs just fine on my toaster and you should do something about your lawnmower.

Edited by Heradon
  • Like 1

I am referring to the plants and "ground cover". 

I think you're getting your games mixed up if you think H1Z1 has more realistic forests than DayZ, which is modeled after a real place in the world, and some side by side pictures it actually takes a minute to tell which is the Czech Republic and which is Chernarus.

Try turning your terrain setting up.

Edited by Weedz

You do know that ARMA 3 is made by the same company, right?

Thus, it's safe to say that client optimisation will come, but not in the Alpha-State. Anyone that bought ARMA 3 in the Alpha will remember that its performance was terrible at the beginning as well.

This. Arma 3 Alpha lagged insanely hard on my PC, but I can play the final Arma 3 without lag.

Even though you're contradicting yourself with that sentence I still think you have a wrong approach to frames and such, as even desync or not being able to use hotkeys is in no way connected to the frames, nor does it even feel like it.

The thing you're describing here is an issue that is not even connected in any way with famerate-issues.

Although I agree that ping and frame rate doesn't play a huge part in it, I do agree with the guy saying that different servers have different levels of performance. Although it's not really down to ping, but more an issue around the performance of the server itself. As someone that has rented several DayZ SA servers there can be vast differences between the machines you get put on. The automated setup process most of the server providers use has a tendancy to put you on a machine that may not be appropriate for DayZ.

Not all servers are created equal, and anyone renting a DayZ server that is not running smoothly should get in touch with their provider to discuss expectations. If you don't tell them there is a problem, they won't know, and won't ever fix it. You can have a ping under 20, but if the machine has not got the resources for DayZ then it'll always be clunky.

I think you're getting your games mixed up if you think H1Z1 has more realistic forests than DayZ, which is modeled after a real place in the world, and some side by side pictures it actually takes a minute to tell which is the Czech Republic and which is Chernarus.

Try turning your terrain setting up.

H1Z1 look's way better than dayz and at 130 fps.

My anaconda don't want none, unless it's DayZ hun.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

• Like 1

120fps at all times in Arma III

What? Really? 

On single player... ;)

20 fps on Altis Life and Wasteland, but 60-60 fps in Breaking Point for me.

Comparing DayZ to similar games (visual/complexity wise) like H1Z1 and Arma III, DayZ:SA runs like a lawnmower. I've had the game since Alpha release, and I do understand that bugs/glitches/crashes is to be expected, but having 30< FPS in high density areas just KILLS the joy! Let me give you a quick rundown of the specs, and why I feel this performance issue shouldn't even exist in it's current state.  :huh:

PC spec:

i7-5930K @4.4Ghz

EVGA X99 Classified

GTX980 SLI (H20)

Corsair AX1200i

2560x1440 @120Hz

... the list goes on, you get the idea ...

This system is able to maintain above 60fps at all time, but there are still some major hickups in high density areas, this should not be the case since; the exact same system delivers 120fps at all times in Arma III and H1Z1.

Is this gimping issue going to be adressed, and in that case; when?

Cheers..

Good rig, I too have a high end rig. But dayz is far from complete when it comes to performance.

We are just holding in there :)

Nvidia game optimization listed dayz the other day I noticed. So its on its way to be on the games list for a good fix I would imagine sometime in the future.

Yes but its sony, anything to do with sony these days you want to run away!!!

I finally retired EQ after a strong beta to now (14 years?), after all I have seen these people do from start to end is ruin everything.

But first they make sure they soak a ton of cash out of you.

H1Z1 has 50-50 and most are very bad reviews. So don't expect it to last at 130fps either, once the sony team gets full control on it from the orginal dev.'s they tear everything apart.

Its in their history of ruining games for people, one way or another.

Just saying...

Bottom line SA runs like a lawnmower like he said. You would think that optimizing the game somewhat would be more of a priority then adding brooms to the game. I think the team might want to want rethink their priorities. Add more useless things are actually work to make the game run decently. Maybe that's just the inner business man in me that thinks the priorities need changed. Is the consumer going to be dissatisfied because the game runs like crap? Or will they be dissatisfied because the game doesn't contain brooms?. Think about it devs.

Edited by Buck10489

Bottom line SA runs like a lawnmower like he said. You would think that optimizing the game somewhat would be more of a priority then adding brooms to the game. I think the team might want to want rethink their priorities. Add more useless things are actually work to make the game run decently. Maybe that's just the inner business man in me that thinks the priorities need changed. Is the consumer going to be dissatisfied because the game runs like crap? Or will they be dissatisfied because the game doesn't contain brooms?. Thank about it devs.

hello there

Optimisation *is* a priority, but it doesnt happen at this stage.

Adding items and that pipeline is operated by different folk who are handling the "optimisation" side.

Adding brooms is fine.

Rgds

LoK

PS Guys, can we keep of the H1Z1 vs DAYZ thing? There's a dedicated thread for that.

hello there

Adding items and that pipeline is operated by different folk who are handling the "optimisation" side.

Adding brooms is fine.

Rgds

LoK

PS Guys, can we keep of the H1Z1 vs DAYZ thing? There's a dedicated thread for that.

Time to get some new "folk" into the optimization team then. Brooms over play ability is not something that should be considered "fine" for a product that we buy.

• Like 1

Time to get some new "folk" into the optimization team then. Brooms over play ability is not something that should be considered "fine" for a product that we buy.

i think you did not realy understood what orlok said, right?

• Like 2

Hello there

As Wasnu points out, try to understand my previous post.

Is English your first language? If not Ill try to rephrase my explanation for you.

Rgds

LoK

You would think that optimizing the game somewhat would be more of a priority then adding brooms to the game. I think the team might want to want rethink their priorities. Add more useless things are actually work to make the game run decently. Maybe that's just the inner business man in me that thinks the priorities need changed. Is the consumer going to be dissatisfied because the game runs like crap? Or will they be dissatisfied because the game doesn't contain brooms?. Thank about it devs.

"Hey Ed, I notice we are a bit behind on Tax Returns right now. You know, I understand you like having living plants around the office and polished floors, but can't we give the janitor a calculator and have him get on some of those corporate tax returns so we can get caught up? What do you mean that isn't what he does here? Well, then what about that guy in the cafeteria? I've seen him count out change."

• Like 1

hello there

The adding items pipeline is operated by different folk than the guys who are handling the "optimisation" side.

Adding brooms is fine.

Rgds

LoK

Ive edited my original post as it may not have been clear.

L

Edited by orlok

Optimisation *is* a priority, but it doesnt happen at this stage

This is the more important line.

@Buck, optimization is usually a thing of the beta stage of a project. While we are in alpha, they keep on changing and/or adding to the code. Whit every change or addition, they would make any optimization work being done so far obsolete, which would not only be a waste of ressources, but would also add to the total development time of the game for no benefits at all when you look at the 1.0 version.

Edited by ChainReactor

Man I miss the old days when the only people in alpha and beta tests actually knew what that meant and what their purpose of "playing" the game was ... Welcome to the world of open beta's and early access AKA "QQ WHY ISN'T THIS GAME COMPLETELY POLISHED YET"

There would be absolutely no point at all in optimizing the game right now because all that work goes right out the window with everything they add or change.

Weedz, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:52 PM, said:

Man I miss the old days when the only people in alpha and beta tests actually knew what that meant and what their purpose of "playing" the game was ... Welcome to the world of open beta's and early access AKA "QQ WHY ISN'T THIS GAME COMPLETELY POLISHED YET"

There would be absolutely no point at all in optimizing the game right now because all that work goes right out the window with everything they add or change.

I know exactly what it means. But if lots of other alpha games come out and are optimized why can't I hold dayz to the same standards?

• Like 1