SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Ok, a couple of things;

I saw a rainbow today on one of the 1PP servers.  I have a picture of it and it was not photo-shopped or retouched in any way or fashion.  What was strange about it was the sun was behind me.  It was a grey colored, very faint arc, quite a ways off, I did not see a color spectrum until I zoomed in on it but that could be my eyes tricking me into thinking I am seeing color.  When I tried to find it through binoculars I could not see it

DayZ2015-02-0607-35-41-63_zps3a87a34d.jp

DayZ2015-02-0607-35-55-05_zps3b512f20.jp

Next, I have found two crash sites on a persistent private server, same one I saw the rainbow on.  Both sites were slightly north and west of the NWAF, the first being more isolated and west of the tent city, the other being farther away, if you were on the road heading towards Vavilovo from Lopatino it would be off to your right about halfway between the two towns.  The bad news is that they are persistent too, both stayed exactly where they were after a server reset and nothing new was spawning in at either location. 

Server name is RhC: Private / Persistent / Extra Yolosauce.  Skeptics should please feel free to go look.

Edited by Barnabus

SteamDB just got updated on the productionprep depot. Hmm. Possibly updating Stable from 126384 to 126398 (from Experimental)?

Called it. :)

EDIT: Not quite. Still 126384.

Edited by Tatanko

But they are running through walls.  Walls, floors, stairs, etc..

from time to time.... it is much much better than before

from time to time.... it is much much better than before

Better, yes, but it was a disturbingly harsh regression from 0.52. I'm not sure what happened. They don't ignore all objects completely like they used to, but they do tend to ignore doors. I'm guessing it has something to do with a conflict between what the server sees and what your client sees in regards to doors being open or closed.

Edited by Tatanko

Where does one go to report an issue? Can I just post here? I'd think it would be the same thing right..? loll.  0.0I don't really know, but I need to report what I've been dealing with because my boyfriend and I have been playing constantly since .53 went live. I decided this patch I was actually going to enjoy myself, and I have besides the fact my friends and I had four trucks earlier (super exciting moment for us) - Luckily enough, we came across 4 gas cans between the 5 of us.. (Best luck we've all ever had in DayZ life) lmao  - though sadly, when we went to go fill our canisters there was no "Fill Canister" or "Refuel" option. So! "Wait, that's right they added the Fill bottle:with gasoline option lets just fill our trucks that way!" - I believe we had gotten to thirty-two refuels with our water bottle & canteen before eventually giving up because the gas meter did not move a single damn inch... Odd enough, the server reset on us and all four trucks were back to having a full tank. So in other, simpler words - (Trucks are great, but if you can only have a full tank of gas for however long, depending on driving distance the player chooses to do, and NOT be able to grab your gas can, fill it up and place it back in your inventory so you can be well-prepared while going long distances, What is the point? If you cannot do that, than why have a truck? I thought it was the whole point? I simply see it as a bug, but it is really irritating to myself and others who enjoy travel in the truck, and the laughs and good times you have with your friends because you can get to them faster.. (I have had so much more fun since the trucks were implemented into this game)

But the one other thing I am honestly pissed about is the fact  -  I was driving on a dirt road this morning, attempting to meet up with my friend, when suddenly my truck bounced in the air, it was seriously bouncing across the map in the air, I ended up lagging for a second and then I slam directly into the pine tree across from me, I started bouncing in and out of the ground like it had a mind of it's own.. It was...Crazy.  After 15 minutes of failed attempts to get out of my invisisble ditch. Every ounce of patients I had began to fade quickly.... I decided to get out and see what happened. My truck was gone. I heard it running, but couldn't see it, your DayZ grounds.... ate my truck.

That my friends..... Is an issue. A big issue. Why would I want to spend 2-3 hours searching for a truck, then another hour to two hours getting to my friends, to have no way of refueling, just to have my truck taken, NOT from a player, NOT from death, but from THE GROUND....? We all know DayZ is an Alpha..... But come on ffs.  I am so aggravated I don't want to play! I just hope someone reads this so it gets fixed... :(  I lost my beautiful, bright blue, christmas ball truck. I am sad. Very sad. PLEASE, hurry up and resolve this issue as soon as you possibly can, loves.

DayZ is life, so are blue trucks

Edited by Danidee
  • Like 1

Danidee, on 06 Feb 2015 - 9:08 PM, said:

Where does one go to report an issue? Can I just post here? I'd think it would be the same thing right..? loll.  0.0I don't really know, but I need to report what I've been dealing with because my boyfriend and I have been playing constantly since .53 went live. I decided this patch I was actually going to enjoy myself, and I have besides the fact my friends and I had four trucks earlier (super exciting moment for us) - Luckily enough, we came across 4 gas cans between the 5 of us.. (Best luck we've all ever had in DayZ life) lmao  - though sadly, when we went to go fill our canisters there was no "Fill Canister" or "Refuel" option. So! "Wait, that's right they added the Fill bottle:with gasoline option lets just fill our trucks that way!" - I believe we had gotten to thirty-two refuels with our water bottle & canteen before eventually giving up because the gas meter did not move a single damn inch... Odd enough, the server reset on us and all four trucks were back to having a full tank. So in other, simpler words - (Trucks are great, but if you can only have a full tank of gas for however long, depending on driving distance the player chooses to do, and NOT be able to grab your gas can, fill it up and place it back in your inventory so you can be well-prepared while going long distances, What is the point? If you cannot do that, than why have a truck? I thought it was the whole point? I simply see it as a bug, but it is really irritating to myself and others who enjoy travel in the truck, and the laughs and good times you have with your friends because you can get to them faster.. (I have had so much more fun since the trucks were implemented into this game)

But the one other thing I am honestly pissed about is the fact  -  I was driving on a dirt road this morning, attempting to meet up with my friend, when suddenly my truck bounced in the air, it was seriously bouncing across the map in the air, I ended up lagging for a second and then I slam directly into the pine tree across from me, I started bouncing in and out of the ground like it had a mind of it's own.. It was...Crazy.  After 15 minutes of failed attempts to get out of my invisisble ditch. Every ounce of patients I had began to fade quickly.... I decided to get out and see what happened. My truck was gone. I heard it running, but couldn't see it, your DayZ grounds.... ate my truck.

That my friends..... Is an issue. A big issue. Why would I want to spend 2-3 hours searching for a truck, then another hour to two hours getting to my friends, to have no way of refueling, just to have my truck taken, NOT from a player, NOT from death, but from THE GROUND....? We all know DayZ is an Alpha..... But come on ffs.  I am so aggravated I don't want to play! I just hope someone reads this so it gets fixed... :(  I lost my beautiful, bright blue, christmas ball truck. I am sad. Very sad. PLEASE, hurry up and resolve this issue as soon as you possibly can, loves.

DayZ is life, so are blue trucks

Not even going to try to read this.

• Like 2

I read it, but damn...learn some self control with the fonts young lady.

The kill logs should be in, but the damage log feature has been cut for now.

Yeah we managed to get it working thanks. I appreciate that it's early days but I hope there will be some improvement made upon these logs? As it's quite hard to get it to function with other tools such as DaRT, ts3, browsers etc all open on one screen. Ie I'm in ts3 with a player who saying he's been killed by a hacker, I need DaRT open because it's easier to ban IP/GUID + set a comment for such a ban if needed, but also the player killed message could do with being in a different font etc.

Also tools like DaRT tend to stay running for the most part unless there's a crash, but these logs tend to only last for 10mins before needed to be refreshed.

Great work so far though, just hope we'll see an improvement.

• Like 1

Yeah we managed to get it working thanks. I appreciate that it's early days but I hope there will be some improvement made upon these logs? As it's quite hard to get it to function with other tools such as DaRT, ts3, browsers etc all open on one screen. Ie I'm in ts3 with a player who saying he's been killed by a hacker, I need DaRT open because it's easier to ban IP/GUID + set a comment for such a ban if needed, but also the player killed message could do with being in a different font etc.

Also tools like DaRT tend to stay running for the most part unless there's a crash, but these logs tend to only last for 10mins before needed to be refreshed.

Great work so far though, just hope we'll see an improvement.

Totally agree PaulieZ.  Now that we lowly Public hosts have access to DaRT, I just run on a separate laptop sitting by my gaming rig.  Unfortunately, DaRT does not provide kill logs, and Vilayer is spotty at best with kills/chat logs.  Currently I have to run DaRT for in game messaging/monitoring, kicks and bans, while also having ACPlayer up to watch kill logs, and hoping that it's actually current and working.  Still, it's miles from where I was 2 days ago.

• Like 1

Totally agree PaulieZ.  Now that we lowly Public hosts have access to DaRT, I just run on a separate laptop sitting by my gaming rig.  Unfortunately, DaRT does not provide kill logs, and Vilayer is spotty at best with kills/chat logs.  Currently I have to run DaRT for in game messaging/monitoring, kicks and bans, while also having ACPlayer up to watch kill logs, and hoping that it's actually current and working.  Still, it's miles from where I was 2 days ago.

Yeah it's the same for us, I'm on 2 screens struggling and my fellow admin is struggling with 3 screens. A great idea would be if it either ran like DaRT or DaRT updated their software to stream the Kill logs too (I have a feeling it will be that the later is more likely, hence why DaRT was created in the 1st place :( )

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what the devs are doing, it just needs to function realistically and allow us to carry out the other tasks that co inside with these logs more efficiently.

• Like 1

Me either, especially after I found 4 trucks on one server in one sitting in one restart the other day without even looking for one in the first place. They aren't exactly unicorns like they used to be.

Edited by Tatanko

The wipe will happen every Wednesday forever, probably.

As for loot, I actually found a lot of guns but they did fuck with the loot table a bit, I guess they really wanted to show off their new melee weapons that can't be placed on your back because I swear I have found 500 brooms/ice picks. One thing I noticed was a lack of backpacks in the cities, took me forever to find a single backpack on an empty private hive server in cherno.

The wipes will only happen during alpha and maybe once in a while during beta but once it goes live there won't be anymore wipes.

Yeah it's the same for us, I'm on 2 screens struggling and my fellow admin is struggling with 3 screens. A great idea would be if it either ran like DaRT or DaRT updated their software to stream the Kill logs too (I have a feeling it will be that the later is more likely, hence why DaRT was created in the 1st place :( )

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what the devs are doing, it just needs to function realistically and allow us to carry out the other tasks that co inside with these logs more efficiently.

I was going to try DaRT today but now after reading this I will just stick with my browser (Chrome) streaming the file from my GSP (Fragnet). Its been a continuous feed since Wednesday that i've run on my second monitor. Sure do wish as well as you that the kill line in the logs was all red or bold or something! As you mentioned as well, its just a start and i'm thankful to have some sort of logs. It will only get better from here. 

• Like 1

I was going to try DaRT today but now after reading this I will just stick with my browser (Chrome) streaming the file from my GSP (Fragnet). Its been a continuous feed since Wednesday that i've run on my second monitor. Sure do wish as well as you that the kill line in the logs was all red or bold or something! As you mentioned as well, its just a start and i'm thankful to have some sort of logs. It will only get better from here. 

Does Fragnet have an Rcon tool built in that allows you to send messages, kick, and ban?  Vilayer does not, and so I use DaRT for those purposes, and then the stream file for kill logs, etc..

• Like 1

They do not. I understand more why you guys use DaRT now and wish it worked better. We're doing things old fashion by writing down the player's name and then taking action against them through the game via commands etc. 

A few things:

Choppers seem to be persistent, not sure about cop cars though (can anyone confirm?).

Tents, guns, trucks and backpacks are persistent which is awesome!!

Lootapoolooza -haven't seen one yet but had reports from mates they are happening

Never go near a running truck or get out of one that is running...be very careful around them!!

There needs to be a cancel action for drinking from a well or pond

If you are double carrying don't use other items (hotbar or food/drink etc) until you drop the item in your hand. If it disappears, try relogging as it may come back where you dropped it.

Zombies don't make any noise until they are about to strike, so be careful!! Can confirm they are clipping through doors and some walls. Some places they seem to re spawn quickly, others not so much.

The new prison is awesome!! Good 5min swim to get out there, but they need to tweak the swimming animation...instead of swimming with a straight body your legs are tilted up at about 15 degrees which looks really weird!!

The hatchet is OP, but you have to get close and personal to use it in melee!!

• Like 2

Better, yes, but it was a disturbingly harsh regression from 0.52. I'm not sure what happened. They don't ignore all objects completely like they used to, but they do tend to ignore doors. I'm guessing it has something to do with a conflict between what the server sees and what your client sees in regards to doors being open or closed.

Remember what Brian tweeted the day 0.53 went live on experimental? Something like that the build will be hard on the servers because it inroduced a bunch of sanity checks and other server side stuff? It still might be from that since issues like door / wall clipping AI or zombies going invisible / hit you from afar always pointed out a performance problem.

Remember what Brian tweeted the day 0.53 went live on experimental? Something like that the build will be hard on the servers because it inroduced a bunch of sanity checks and other server side stuff? It still might be from that since issues like door / wall clipping AI or zombies going invisible / hit you from afar always pointed out a performance problem.

That makes perfect sense, and jives with my observation about door states. Thanks for the reminder! :)

• Like 1

I've been playing on hardcore, well-populated servers at different times, and I still haven't encountered a single zombie. Did I miss something about zombies being gone? Read through this whole post, and it seems other people have seen them plenty. Thanks!

There needs to be a cancel action for drinking from a well or pond

There is(kinda), if you click some item on your character, theres cancel option.

• Like 1

There was a small update recently anyone know what its for?

I noticed this last night as well, about 1,4 mb? Been wondering if that's just a trigger for BE or something. Anyone?

Has anyone seen a pen since 0.53? I realise it might not be top of everyone's priority list but can't find one for love nor money and it's kinda having an adverse effect on our bounty hunter event which require me to have a codeword on a note.