Sign in to follow this  
firstmike

GREEN MOUTAIN

My question is green mountain a safe place, is it a trading post, is it a friendly place, or is it just a good spot to get killed by people?

I am asking because i have a lot of good stuff. Also i am new.

Green Mountain is mid to popular because of the jail and military type drops there (and people can see it for miles). It's about as risky as any military location... but it's worth visiting and pretty cool to check the tower out.

• Like 1

A lot of crazy shit can go down there if you're on the right (or wrong) server so if you're heading there. Prepare your anu...

• Like 4

Ah. Green Mountain. Many a good murd... uh, time was had there.

._."

• Like 2

In my experience, green mountain actually has above average traffic for a military location.

Reasons for this are :

- The close proximity to other nearby military facilities at Zelenogorsk, Vybor and the tent camp near Myshkino. People are more likely to stop there when doing a military run of multiple locations, since it isnt really "out of the way".

- Its a vissible landmark, so people tend get attracted to it by default. Also, people like to take pictures in the tower.

- The fields around are known to spawn V3 trucks regulary. So people who wanna drive a truck also go there

- Its next to the route for one of the more popular helicopter crash site runs, and a lot of people pass by it, who might be tempted to go and have look in the prison as wel. Altough the crash site runs are not as common at the moment i guess, since there are some problems with the events.

- Its surrounded by thick forest, so people are less likely to get sniped on approach and you can usually get to the actual prison quite easy without beeing spotted.

In my experience : i always keep my guard up when i go there and check out the prison from all sides before entering. More than once i have backed away from it after spotting multiple people hiding inside. Also, i find the loot in most jails to be not worth risking your life, and if you are gonna risk your life for high grade military loot, its better to go for barracks anyway. But you should definatly go there at least once. Just be on your guard at all times.

I would also not pick it as a meeting spot tho, for reasons listed above. Better to meet up somewhere in the shadow of green mountain.

Edited by nillie

if you just get killed by "people" - you're lucky

its the ... fear.. and the   ... other things..

A lot of folk never come back

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179560-the-curse-of-green-mountain/page-4#entry2023830

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/57907-weird-stuff-happening-at-green-mountain/#entry552209

It's true that SOMETIMES players have been up their and come back and they swear nothing has happened to them ( they SEEM normal )

ya know what I mean.. ?

they look normal and they pretend to act normal..

ps I mean REAL strong men, experienced men : Before he went up there Grimey Rick was a Medic - Steak and Potatoes never ate human meat, now he can't do without it - and Irish.. well he didn't used to do that cross-dressing stuff.. and kichilron, that wise old guy, can't talk sense any more, something got into his mind..  . There are others. I won't name them, read their posts.

and those are survivors.. they are the Lucky Ones

But ... I'm still sane as I ever was. OK ?

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Many mysterious and unexplainable events happen up there. Whispers of happenings have travelled Chernarus.

• Like 2

yeah, nah its cursed. go there to die, or become insane. i have sworn off the place...

• Like 2

I go there all the time and light a fire in the yard. Its a nice place. Nice people there too.

• Like 1

Don't go there if you want to keep your sanity. Simple.

Let us not talk of that place again.

• Like 2

oh.. my god.. I was reading the posts from others just now and discovered that green mountain was haunted. I didn't believe it till I started this post and was going to say how I went there only once.. and my legs broke.. from nothing.. while standing still... Luckily a player came and helped me...

Listen. head our warnings. The only people that leave green mountain alive are the crazy ones. You will regret it. Steer clear.

• Like 2

Many people have seen... THAT mountain. Few have survived. Some say that there's radiation. Others say aliens. Some claimed to have seen it. I call those people liars.

Possibly the most accurate, is that the devil calls that place home. If you are feeling brave or stupid, go see THAT mountain. Godspeed old sport...

• Like 2

I may have found the sources for Green Mountain... Two possible owners, or maybe even coconspirators. Hmm... GMEnergy was founded in 1997, and GMCoffee in 1981. 1997-1981=16. 16-4=12. 12/4=3. 3! THREE AS IN A TRIANGLE!!! And from Sosnovka to Pogorevka to Windy Mountain is a TRIANGLE!!! WITH GREEN MOUNTAIN IN THE MIDDLE!!! ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!

Links to those basturds...

https://www.greenmountainenergy.com

http://www.keuriggreenmountain.com

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

this place is haunted. some crazy shit going on there, like zombies shaking their rotten bones to justin bieber *shiver*

but if you can make it, try the double backflip from the tower platform, really worth a trip just for that.

just remember to bring some sizzurp for the admittance, or you be dismembered by the party doormen.

:rolleyes:

Personally I don't see the attraction to it. I hardly ever find anything particularly rare. If I'm in the are I'll swing by but there are better places to go.