Sign in to follow this  
pissedoff88

Zombie Kids

Before this game is finished can you guys add at least one type of zombie kid.  No zombie apocolypse is without the infected kids.  Like a 5 year old zombie girl that doesn't make any sound and pops out of nowhere to scare the hell out you would be nice.  And then please fill the map with them and other zombies.  Thanks.

Edited by pissedoff88
  • Like 5

Before this game is finished can you guys add at least one type of zombie kid.  No zombie apocolypse is without the infected kids.  Like a 5 year old zombie girl that doesn't make any sound and pops out of nowhere to scare the hell out you would be nice.  And then please fill the map with them and other zombies.  Thanks.

I thought we WERE the Zombie Kids ?

Hello. I am the imagination administration and I am here to tell you that posts containing suggestions like such should go in the suggestions tab. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/128-suggestions/

I would automatically move this topic there, but there's a reason why I'm just the 'imagination' administration.

~Cheers.

Mouse

I would automatically move this topic there, but there's a reason why I'm just the 'imagination' administration.

That's why there's a report-button. Noone likes backseat-moderation.

• Like 4

That's why there's a report-button. Noone likes backseat-moderation.

OOOOOOOOOH! Playa' got told!

But requesting something as specific as this is on the same level of creepy as only requesting high detail gore and horribly realistic moans of agony.

OOOOOOOOOH! Playa' got told!

But requesting something as specific as this is on the same level of creepy as only requesting high detail gore and horribly realistic moans of agony.

I knew someone was gonna call me creepy for this suggestion.  Name one GOOD zombie film/show that DID NOT have a scary scene with a zombie child.  Ones that did - zombieland, 28 days, dawn of the dead, day of the dead, walking dead ...  The reason the zombie kids are so scary is they are small and fast so you don't see them coming and they are a smaller target to shoot as well

And having a zombie child really gives you the feel that the zombie apocolypse that supposedly rapidly spread person to person is real bc it includes all members of society

I knew someone was gonna call me creepy for this suggestion.  Name one GOOD zombie film/show that DID NOT have a scary scene with a zombie child.  Ones that did - zombieland, 28 days, dawn of the dead, day of the dead, walking dead ...  The reason the zombie kids are so scary is they are small and fast so you don't see them coming and they are a smaller target to shoot as well

No computer game should/will be allowed  to feature killing of children - zombie or otherwise.  For obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Not play them, as they will be banned from some countries and news outlets will put them to shame.

First off we do not have zombies in the game, they are still 100% alive just infected with a rage type virus like the one in 28 weeks/days, secondly if a kid was infected they would most likely just die because their bodies and immune systems couldn't handle it as well as someone who was lets say anywhere from late teens to 30's.

Can we first finish the friggin base game. And then suggest more models for characters.

Also i agree with sirwarriant, there puny bodies would collapse from the disease.

I don't see reason why not to give kid zombies. Kill is kill... only diference is if its in defense or attack. Person with normal mind will be not affected anyway and the others should not play games like this. Also if anybody asks they are not kids... they are midgets.

• Like 1

While their are Zombie/Infected children in movies, you won't be finding many if any in games, because the general consensus of killing children in video games, is very taboo, and is quiet gross to me.

That's not the reason they're in the films or shows.

The point is that it's supposed to be hard to kill a child. It's just so morally wrong that despite the fact that they're a zombie you still think twice. It's meant to be a horrible thing, but not from a 'dey scerri' perspective.

I'd like to see some work on the ambiance of the game though, with better sound design, more gore and similar things. I'd not be opposed to this being implemented, but it's not really that necessary and it'd only stir up controversy. But, then again, even cannibalism did. Which is hilarious.

Personally, I'm more big on sound design to add fear and general ambiance to the game. The simplest, most effective method available.

Edited by Beizs

That's not the reason they're in the films or shows.

The point is that it's supposed to be hard to kill a child. It's just so morally wrong that despite the fact that they're a zombie you still think twice. It's meant to be a horrible thing, but not from a 'dey scerri' perspective.

I'd like to see some work on the ambiance of the game though, with better sound design, more gore and similar things. I'd not be opposed to this being implemented, but it's not really that necessary and it'd only stir up controversy. But, then again, even cannibalism did. Which is hilarious.

Personally, I'm more big on sound design to add fear and general ambiance to the game. The simplest, most effective method available.

You're in luck, friend. After the new Engine, AI, mechanics and such are added in the game halfway through the 2015 roadmap, it will truly make standalone a game that 'stands alone' from the mod. Right now the game uses the mod's engine and such, which limits features that could make this game increasingly better. The devs have already stated along the lines of "after the game has its own engine and improved AI, we will begin to polish any and all features and sounds and graphics, but after the rest of the features are added in the game." So this game is not finished with its looks, right now the player looks, building looks, sounds, etc. are ALL placeholders. This game will go through some drastic changes this year.

• Like 1

I think it's SUPPOSED TO BE HARD TO KILL ANYBODY, EVEN ANIMAL, BECAUSE ITS MORALLY BAD ETC... (sorry for screaming). I don't think it is good objection for not to give this into game.

I have no moral objection. An infected/ zombie/ whatever kid is the same as a zombie adult. People like to get on their high horse about this stuff.

However, a lot of countries have restrictions on this sort of thing - understandably. Game developers have to be careful when taking matters like this into consideration. 

Can't say I'm for or against it, like most suggestions I see. It'd be fine, I suppose, but I don't think the game will lose anything if they're not included.

We do need high detailed and realistic gore though

When the game's trying to be as realistic as it can be... well, it's not actually a bad idea. I support this idea trully. 
But. I completely didn't understand the idea of making them "faster". 
Truth is - when the virus is attacking those bodies, they start to rot. Rotten meat is actually weaker and more "pliant" to damage. Same with the bones. 
So i can't imagine sticking to this fast running zombies plan - cause it makes no sense at all. 
I remember I think at least 8 months ago it was a time, when zombies was slower here, and they started to act almost normally. I was really surprised and glad to see that. 
Now an odd behaviour of Z's is back and I don't know why...

Ever since Bethesda decided to remove the ability of killing kids from Fallout 3 (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Childkiller), I think the trend has been set for games. They either have no children in the video game, they're removed from the gameplay areas (cutscenes, on other side of a wall, etc.), or they are somehow invincible to death.

I'm not sure if it affect digital online sales, or how Steam handles age restrictions, but isn't child killing an automatic "AO" (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp) rating for a video game? As mentioned previously, certain countries have made censoring of controversial content the norm (Australia, Germany, etc.). I'm not so sure people will want two different games that cant be played together, unless from a game & network standpoint, they simple change the textures & models to something other than children for those region's releases.

this is all nonsense killing is killing.  i do not see the difference from shooting an animal and a human or an adult and a child - after all its not real its a video game.  people are too anal these days.  but some child zombies to stir up the masses could get some attention and stir up some sales ...

First off we do not have zombies in the game, they are still 100% alive just infected with a rage type virus like the one in 28 weeks/days, secondly if a kid was infected they would most likely just die because their bodies and immune systems couldn't handle it as well as someone who was lets say anywhere from late teens to 30's.

Yes thats why the game is called DayInfected

Yes thats why the game is called DayInfected

The Z in DayZ stands for Zero, not zombie.

Edited by One Cool Cat