xhiril

The "new" cheating.

Host public server, kick anyone off.

I've reported 5 different servers in the last week and not one of them was taken down. Every single one still up, still engaging in it.

Vilayer, Fragnet, etc.

None of the hosts do anything. :(

Anyone have success stories? All I have is failure stories.

You have to record it happening. Your word is not enough. There was a poster a few weeks ago that claimed to have gotten over a dozen servers taken down for the same reason, and had even received thank you e-mails from the hosting companies for what he had done. You're trying to do the right thing, but you need evidence to get the job done. Plausible deniability and such.

• Like 10

All the more reason why the public player hive should be dumped in favor of making every server a private one.

• Like 1

You have to record it happening. Your word is not enough. There was a poster a few weeks ago that claimed to have gotten over a dozen servers taken down for the same reason, and had even received thank you e-mails from the hosting companies for what he had done. You're trying to do the right thing, but you need evidence to get the job done. Plausible deniability and such.

Awesome, thank you for this!

Hello there

Hosters take a look at the server and if they find any wrong doing they usually issue a warning. After 3(?) the server is taken away from them AFAIK.

We report them too, some hosters tend to move faster than others.

Obviously the more proof one can supply the more evidence there is.

Dont forget that the hosters are dealing with all sorts of tickets as well as "false" claims, so its not an easy thing to do.

Are we and the devs aware of this? Yup. Everything that goes on they know about, but to "fix" any issue takes time to implement and pre planning.

As we go further through development you will see every aspect of the game tighten up. patience is key.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

So what's the idea? Just host a public server (because it's cheaper) and kick everyone off so you can run around and loot everything? 

So what's the idea? Just host a public server (because it's cheaper) and kick everyone off so you can run around and loot everything? 

Pretty much yes. This is out of control atm.

If someone pays to rent a server they should be able to do what they want. Just go to a different server.

• Like 1

^ Yeah. That's hilarious.

So because a guy wants to pay money for his own server, that entitles him to loot at leisure there and then likely end up in the "different" server as you've recommended? Sounds awesome for the rest of us.

Sure- it entitles him to do whatever he wants in his own... but this is taking server hopping to a new level. Let's call it "Server Shopping" from now on. 

Edited by ENO75

Chuck67 you are a part of the problem. This is a form of exploiting that allows a player to loot up on a server that they hosted and thereby gives that player an advantage. To be able to loot up without the fear of another player killing you is not the way the game is meant to be played. When you rent a server, sure its yours, but there is an agreement, or policy rather that you must adhere to when you click that pay now button to rent a server and i am sure that stuff like this issue is in that policy. 

So if YOU dont like the rules then just dont host a server at all. Simple

• Like 7

This is why I am glad I have Shadowplay. I'm always recording, and with two button presses I can capture anything that has happened to me. 

• Like 1

If someone pays to rent a server they should be able to do what they want. Just go to a different server.

Wrong, you agree to certain conditions when you rent a server, failure to abide by those conditions results in loss of rental.

• Like 3

Just out of curiosity, have any of the GSPs requested evidence from you guys when reporting servers?

• Like 2

Yeah really complicated... One of the new guys in the company they claim they could hire after earning several millions from an early access alpha just spends like 1 hour of his day to join some servers, as he would easily find several cases like this in a short time.

He then reports that on an easy route to the hosters, and since he is from the producer of the game they shut that server down directly without asking for recorded stuff or whatever.

If this happens for some time, people will also get tired to rent servers for this purpose quite quickly i assume.

So why is something similar to this not happening? How hard can it be? Why is that put on the players, who should spend time and effort to fix such things?

Are we and the devs aware of this? Yup. Everything that goes on they know about, but to "fix" any issue takes time to implement and pre planning.

As we go further through development you will see every aspect of the game tighten up. patience is key.

LoK

Edited by ErichZann

i wonder when someone will come to the senses and tell the ugly truth:

this is happening because of money and money alone. shooting down too many servers means 

money loss for them. just few of them.. nice. they think we can all be fooled that them hosters are actually doing something.

problem here is that not all of dayz players are 12 years old squeakers that can be fooled with red hood stories.

Very true. Same thing for Dayz SA itself, I paid for it, so I can hack in it all I want right..... And if you don't like it you just have to go to a different server.

I suppose you just made that account to troll, or not?

• Like 2

If i pay to rent a house do i get to do what i want with the house??If i pay to rent a hire boat can i do what i want with it or a car or anything else you rent in the world EVER ?? No everything in life has rules and just like everything else when you rent a server you AGREE to abide by those rules , and just like anything else you can then decide to not obey those rules and see what happens.

• Like 2

personally I think that all servers be it public or private should reset your character, meaning that server hopping no longer becomes a problem, same with ghosting. If you stick to a server you build up on your character on that specific server alone. If you can't find any heli crashes, you wait for a reset. You can then also have multiple characters with different levels of gear on each server, so if you die on one, you can jump on another and continue with that one. After all its supposed to be a zombie apocalypse simulator, if you don't find food in a house, you cant jump into a different dimension where there is now food waiting for you. Not that this has to do with kicking people mind you, but it will stop them from treating it as their own loot factory for them to get rambo'd up and then go high popping bambis

personally I think that all servers be it public or private should reset your character, meaning that server hopping no longer becomes a problem, same with ghosting. If you stick to a server you build up on your character on that specific server alone. If you can't find any heli crashes, you wait for a reset. You can then also have multiple characters with different levels of gear on each server, so if you die on one, you can jump on another and continue with that one. After all its supposed to be a zombie apocalypse simulator, if you don't find food in a house, you cant jump into a different dimension where there is now food waiting for you. Not that this has to do with kicking people mind you, but it will stop them from treating it as their own loot factory for them to get rambo'd up and then go high popping bambis

So you want them all to be private servers... Not saying thats a bad idea but so many people hate that idea ( they come with lots of excuses why its bad). I personally play on a private shard server thats open to the public ( its not whitelisted so anyone can join but you cant ghost or server hop with that character etc ) so personally i like the idea but it will NEVER happen so i wouldnt bother asking for it lol.

i wonder when someone will come to the senses and tell the ugly truth:

this is happening because of money and money alone. shooting down too many servers means 

money loss for them. just few of them.. nice. they think we can all be fooled that them hosters are actually doing something.

problem here is that not all of dayz players are 12 years old squeakers that can be fooled with red hood stories.

Hello there

No, just no. BIS' coffers are fairly healthy and whilst cash is obviously an important factor there are so many more ways "we" could "exploit" the customerbase if it was all about the pennies.

Take off that tin foil hat. No Illuminati NWO conspiracy here.

Rgds

LoK

Just out of curiosity, have any of the GSPs requested evidence from you guys when reporting servers?

I have reported, and had a great many servers dealt with, and plenty of reports ignored.. But I have never had a GSP request evidence from me.

Though there has been occasions when a representative from a GSP joined a server after the admins of the server had left and stopped kicking, so took no action. When i then provided them with video evidence of myself, and others, joining and being kicked, action was taken.

I would recommend everyone, where possible, record video footage of them joining and getting kicked, preferably showing the time (using a site like time.is in the steam browser) and the player list so they can see which admins are online at the time.

Edited by QuantumAI

So you want them all to be private servers... Not saying thats a bad idea but so many people hate that idea ( they come with lots of excuses why its bad). I personally play on a private shard server thats open to the public ( its not whitelisted so anyone can join but you cant ghost or server hop with that character etc ) so personally i like the idea but it will NEVER happen so i wouldnt bother asking for it lol.

not all private servers, I said All public and private, so you have the one character on whatever server you decide to use. yeah people don't like it because they want to gear up on a dead server and then jump onto high pop and give it large. That is probably the only reason, asside from hopping servers in popular heli crash locations to improve their chances of finding one and claiming an m4.... so they can then jump onto high pop and use it. But Still i think it would be a good idea when proper base building/barricading come into play. As i said it will prevent people ghosting into your base

Edited by archamedes

not all private servers, I said All public and private, so you have the one character on whatever server you decide to use. yeah people don't like it because they want to gear up on a dead server and then jump onto high pop and give it large. That is probably the only reason, asside from hopping servers in popular heli crash locations to improve their chances of finding one and claiming an m4.... so they can then jump onto high pop and use it. But Still i think it would be a good idea when proper base building/barricading come into play. As i said it will prevent people ghosting into your base

But that is really the only difference between a public server and a private one is the fact that on a private server it has a seperate hive and thus a seperate character and public has an open public hive thus taking your character across all the servers.. private servers allow you to have more rules but most operate EXACTLY the same way as a public one again apart from having a seperate hive and thus its own character. So no mater how you word it your asking for every server to act like a private server thus have its own hive.

All hives private or public are controlled by BIS its not like back in the mod days where a private server could have control of its own hive its own loot spawn...

There is nothing new about this. This has been happening since the release of the game. In fact I have personally found that the number of server owners doing this has drastically decreased as compared to before private shards was possible.

Edited by BadAsh

Hello there

No, just no. BIS' coffers are fairly healthy and whilst cash is obviously an important factor there are so many more ways "we" could "exploit" the customerbase if it was all about the pennies.

Take off that tin foil hat. No Illuminati NWO conspiracy here.

Rgds

LoK

Sorry orlok but i was never thinking or talking about BIS...

Even more i am too old to believe in fairytales, tinfoils included.

I think you should read again what exactly i was saying...just when i was thinking you are the most moderate

moderator here. :)

Edited by mugur