Rags!

Clans treating DayZ like ARMA?

Care to explain specifically how each word I said was wrong?

What you've said tells me nothing other than that you disagree with my viewpoint. At least justify it.

He can't because it's all pretty much spot on.

I think most of the issues are due to the relative frequency that such military gear appears rather than the 'strength' of the weapon, this is mainly down to the fact that weapon choices are more limited at this time and it will certainly change as development progresses and loot tables are balanced.

They've already talked about how they want more emphasis on the weaponry that would be more readily available in the region to civilians and increasing the scarcity of the 'higher end' military weapons and equipment.

I'd love more of an emphasis on civilian weaponry and equipment but at this point in development it's perfectly understandable that military weaponry (because there is a lot of it) will be more common.

only thing about clans that gets on my nerves is the mil speak and usually when some shit hits the fan the comms turn into just noise and i get a headache and everyone dies and then theres atleast one friendly fire incident i quit that clan as it got on my nerves i'll stick with 3 people tops now maybe 4 depending on the person and if they can have comms discipline i'm no badass and probably suck but atleast i know when to shut up. and as for not playing the game right i say let them have there fun they paid just because i don't dig it i can't down it.

Comm discipline is the hardest thing for groups to get down.

1. 'I got eyes on a target!'

2. 'where?'

1. 'road next to the house!'

2. 'what?'

1. 'by the tree!'

3. 'hey guise u seen Hobbit yet'

2. 'who's shooting!!!????'

3. 'cause I just got back and it was..'

1. 'stfu man! he's down!'

4. 'aw shit man I'm down I was coming to your position!'

1. 'errrr'

2. 'dude man!'

• Like 2

He can't because it's all pretty much spot on.

I think most of the issues are due to the relative frequency that such military gear appears rather than the 'strength' of the weapon, this is mainly down to the fact that weapon choices are more limited at this time and it will certainly change as development progresses and loot tables are balanced.

They've already talked about how they want more emphasis on the weaponry that would be more readily available in the region to civilians and increasing the scarcity of the 'higher end' military weapons and equipment.

I'd love more of an emphasis on civilian weaponry and equipment but at this point in development it's perfectly understandable that military weaponry (because there is a lot of it) will be more common.

Yeah, although we haven't reached the extent of power of military weapons we'll get. Battle rifles, DMRs, machine guns, and directed explosive weapons are either confirmed or very likely at this point, but aren't going to be added for now until we have proper loot management and spawning. I mean, having a surplus of ARs isn't that bad but the devs at least acknowledge that everyone running around with actual sniper rifles (i.e. SVD) would be problematic.

And yeah - that is a pretty common complaint. I normally agree with guys like gibonez who are very knowledgeable on the subject and have creative ideas, but I don't like their argument that something that's modern or high-end is jarring and shouldn't be included simply because of the stigma and aesthetics.

I didn't see a whole lot of people complain when the SKS was added because it's basically a staple rifle you can find in reasonable quantities pretty much everywhere on the planet. Yet you had people who did complain when the AKM was added because it's an automatic AR and is used by a lot of armies to date, unlike the SKS which is (mainly) a civilian weapon nowadays. Despite that - both weapons are very capable and powerful.

But yeah, at this time we're going to have an overabundance of pretty much all loot, including higher end gear. Later on in development we'll see stuff properly managed and not everyone will be using high level weaponry. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is when people suggest that the only gear should be the low level stuff and even having a small chance at finding some higher end gear is a bad thing.

I think part of the problem is that the devs really have little choice in the matter.

Even if they wanted to have 99 percent of the stuff in game be civilian oriented they would still have to make stuff to put into the military spawn locations in the map.

My best case scenario would be that chenarus would get a total revamp all military loot locations not the north west airfield or the new tent city above it would be removed completely.

Have only 2 military loot locations would not only increase the military items value but at the same time put less of an emphasis on military base loot, its importance and perhaps even better player map distribution.

Id say ALL organized Groups use the "loot dublication" exploits.

noone can tell me they go on loothunting/serverhopping everyday to get 5+people equipped with the "finest gear". Or to say the least make them all look the same.... ( 7+ dudes with pressvests and exact same gear with exact same backpack Contents ect ect... )

Also, most abuse Servers where they kick you instantly anyways...henche why all those figgets Need to be reportet.

go figure....

Well you would be wrong and on multiple levels.

1. None of my team have or would ever duped, we very rarely have the same gun (except sks cause they are so damn plentiful) Same clothing? Well yes, you just can't beat ttsko clothing when you are hunting and it is not hard to find at all.

2. It is extremely rare nowadays for any of us to have the finest weapons let alone our whole team.

3. We often have unplanned clan warfare and once we have murdered them it is very very rare that I would claim that they may have been duping.

I don't know maybe some parts of the world are worse than others? I find generally speaking the AU/NZ servers are pretty good when it comes to cheaters and exploiters (wall glitches were a massive problem though).

• Like 1

I don't know maybe some parts of the world are worse than others? I find generally speaking the AU/NZ servers are pretty good when it comes to cheaters and exploiters (wall glitches were a massive problem though).

US definatly has the worst playerbase in dayZ. From what i saw anyways.

I saw enough Videos, listen to conversations and stuff..even if they dont dupe ( i still belive many if not most do, OFC they wont come Forward and flat out say they do.. )..People for sure abuse the shit out of their Servers for their precious loot.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

when I played with my group it was almost always mil-oriented playing. m4's, ak's, Smersh, camo, combat knives... hardly a civilian piece in anyone's pack.

but even then there was always talk of "man I can't wait till.... (base building, horticulture.. real survival shit).. gets here!"

we, and I'm sure a lot of other groups, played mil-style because the "zombie apoc survival" game isn't finished yet but there's tons of military gear at hand to use.

People are just adapting to what the game is now. Are they supposed to play it now based on how it's going to be when it's released? That doesn't make any sense.

I pretty much do. Of course I engage in PvP, but everyone is forced to once in a while whether they like it or not -- and that's how it should be, it's fitting to the scenario. I signed up to play the development version of a survival game though, and that's how I play it. That was very difficult to do a year ago, but we've come a long way in a year and there's a lot more coming up soon.

I have no beef with PvP'ers. I tolerate them for the time being because I know that eventually they'll be jumping ship when the game becomes too difficult for them to engage in their narrow definition of playing it. In fact, I may miss them when they're gone; something along the lines of, "Hey, remember back in Alpha when there used to be roaming groups of military players on the coast? Wasn't that an adrenaline rush?!"

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

I have no beef with PvP'ers. I tolerate them for the time being because I know that eventually they'll be jumping ship when the game becomes too difficult for them to engage in their narrow definition of playing it.

I don't think you should be so sure about that.

The clans who engage in Arma-type combat are probably made up of people who have played BI games for ages, and will stick with DayZ as well. There's no reason to expect that the survival aspects of the game will ever be so difficult that it will actually prevent organised groups from PvPing. I just can't see that happening.

I have no beef with PvP'ers. I tolerate them for the time being because I know that eventually they'll be jumping ship when the game becomes too difficult for them to engage in their narrow definition of playing it. In fact, I may miss them when they're gone; something along the lines of, "Hey, remember back in Alpha when there used to be roaming groups of military players on the coast? Wasn't that an adrenaline rush?!"

Organized clans that are currently dominating the PVP scene are the ones that are going to rise above the lack of supplies and harshness of the environment. We'll have the biggest bases, have the biggest farms, control most of the map and be the best at defending them. Once the private shards stabilize and everyone understands the game post-release, clans will still be hoarding guns and military loot.

In fact, it might be worse then than it is now for the lone wolves; you're going to have much less to defend yourself with and what little you do have will be valuable enough for them to kill you on sight.

Might as well quit now.

• Like 1

I pretty much do. Of course I engage in PvP, but everyone is forced to once in a while whether they like it or not -- and that's how it should be, it's fitting to the scenario. I signed up to play the development version of a survival game though, and that's how I play it. That was very difficult to do a year ago, but we've come a long way in a year and there's a lot more coming up soon.

Lol, you're one of those people.

Organized clans that are currently dominating the PVP scene are the ones that are going to rise above the lack of supplies and harshness of the environment. We'll have the biggest bases, have the biggest farms, control most of the map and be the best at defending them. Once the private shards stabilize and everyone understands the game post-release, clans will still be hoarding guns and military loot.

In fact, it might be worse then than it is now for the lone wolves; you're going to have much less to defend yourself with and what little you do have will be valuable enough for them to kill you on sight.

Might as well quit now.

For once, I actually agree with Grimey Rick.

What do "lone wolf" players think would happen in the real world? Realistically, "lone wolf"-style survival is very difficult, and this is without there being "infected" and organized militias/bandits duking it out.

Realistically, militias and bandits (I am separating the two based on intent) would group up almost immediately, and force those that didn't want to join either out to the hinterlands. People would flock to the militia compounds and farm, trade, distill moonshine, etc, as well as for protection from the bandits. These bandits would be doing their damnedest to raid said communities for food, ammunition, or other supplies. People not aligned with a community (perhaps identified by an in-game item, like a card or a paper --PAPERS PLEASE--) would be viewed with suspicion at best (and receive less value when trading) or hostility at worst (that guy coming up the road with a sniper rifle? He could totally be a bandit spy trying to infiltrate the community! Best take him out....)

The "Mountain Men" that Lone Wolves keep referring to? They totally operated in groups. Sorry guys, but actually living on your own for long periods of time was rare. There are examples, but this is because they were notable (AKA different from the norm), and ever-so-slightly romanticized in the American psyche

• Like 1

The "Mountain Men" that Lone Wolves keep referring to? They totally operated in groups. Sorry guys, but actually living on your own for long periods of time was rare. There are examples, but this is because they were notable (AKA different from the norm), and ever-so-slightly romanticized in the American psyche

Very much this. The stories of mountain men living solitary lives their whole life are equivalent to lottery winners. Yes, there were some, but they were few and very far between. You just hear about them because they were so rare.

Not really sure what to think of all of this, seem a little over the top. As far as military gear in game goes, well it should be available in game. It should be not as easy to get as civilian gear either due to rarity or danger one must face to get it.

Now the way day z is now, good gear is is only going to give you so much of an advantage anyways. Say for example a player with a high cap, G helmet ECT vs a player with civ gear, really may only be able to take a couple of additional direct hits AT BEST. So really it only gives little extra protection period. As far as guns go yes an akm with a 70 round drum has an edge in close quarters to medium range fight vs a civ geared player armed with say a blaze or what ever. Skill is everything though and knowledge of the game.

As far as clans treating the game like ARMA goes, I really think it just comes down to player preference more then anything. If the group is really good they can hold down an area and have kind of a un fair advantage for a while, BUT from what I have seen time and time again it always short lived. Also one thing I have noticed playing in groups is how quick things go south. A complete utter train wreck were everyone dies, someone leads you into a complete death trap. Honestly from what I have seen in a few groups I played, it happens more often then one would think. The reason is the thrill of pvp, and group players intentionally putting them selves in really risky spots to get it. Its not tactically sound what so ever. To me its almost like someone grinding there nails on a chalk board. But it sure as hell is a thrill somtimes and its fun I have to admit. But it makes no logical since to me in a survival game. You should have self preservation and group preservation in mind during pvp. This ain't COD.

The reason I bring all this up is because some on this thead make sound groups have some kind of unfair advantage, I say maybe sometimes, but not always. I have seen times were at a complete disadvantage and become pined down. I played lone wolf and grouped up. Its really just player preference at the end of the day. There is enough pros and cons to even it out to were its not even really an issue. I also will say organized groups only in some cases dominate pvp lol. If that's the case why do I live so long playing lone wolf? Its just not all the way true. So what is this the new "KOS" this and that now. People need to except this game has complete game play freedom. Quit knocking other peoples play styles. I played lone wolf for months and never once pissed a complained about clans having some sort of advantage over me not once.

Edited by CJFlint

I don't think you should be so sure about that.

The clans who engage in Arma-type combat are probably made up of people who have played BI games for ages, and will stick with DayZ as well. There's no reason to expect that the survival aspects of the game will ever be so difficult that it will actually prevent organised groups from PvPing. I just can't see that happening.

I'm not suggesting that PvP will be prevented; I wouldn't want it to be nor should anyone else if they want it to be an "authentic" experience. I'm saying they should (and seem to have planned) to reduce the amount of military grade weapons, equipment, and clothing to a more scarce level which will make it a less prominent part of the game. There will still be PvP, but it would be more civilian weapons I think.

Might as well quit now.

Yes, groups will naturally arise. No one is debating that. The topic at hand is a specific type of group, not all groups in general -- we're talking about people who ONLY engage in PvP (as in, that's 95% of their play time) and who focus entirely on military gear. I don't think that will be the majority in the future because I'm hoping military gear will be so rare that it basically has to be shared among the group (or only carried by the leaders or what have you).

What you're basically suggesting is that DayZ is going to become Arma... when really it's more like Arma now and will become more of it's own thing.

Lol, you're one of those people.

Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me. Clearly you have no idea who I am or how I play the game  :rolleyes: Clearly you don't spend much time on the forums either, because I make no secret of it.

I'm not debating that it would be difficult; I want it to be. We're straying off-topic here a bit with this talk of lone wolf stuff. The original discussion was about groups of players armed to the teeth with military equipment and my point was that I would like to see that kind of thing made less common through reduced spawns of military items. Don't make them go away, just make them worth their weight for once.

I'm not suggesting that PvP will be prevented; I wouldn't want it to be nor should anyone else if they want it to be an "authentic" experience. I'm saying they should (and seem to have planned) to reduce the amount of military grade weapons, equipment, and clothing to a more scarce level which will make it a less prominent part of the game. There will still be PvP, but it would be more civilian weapons I think.

Yes, groups will naturally arise. No one is debating that. The topic at hand is a specific type of group, not all groups in general -- we're talking about people who ONLY engage in PvP (as in, that's 95% of their play time) and who focus entirely on military gear. I don't think that will be the majority in the future because I'm hoping military gear will be so rare that it basically has to be shared among the group (or only carried by the leaders or what have you).

What you're basically suggesting is that DayZ is going to become Arma... when really it's more like Arma now and will become more of it's own thing.

Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me. Clearly you have no idea who I am or how I play the game  :rolleyes: Clearly you don't spend much time on the forums either, because I make no secret of it.

I'm not debating that it would be difficult; I want it to be. We're straying off-topic here a bit with this talk of lone wolf stuff. The original discussion was about groups of players armed to the teeth with military equipment and my point was that I would like to see that kind of thing made less common through reduced spawns of military items. Don't make them go away, just make them worth their weight for once.

Players overwhelmingly use military-style gear right because it 1) is effective (arguably. I've gotten more kills with a Blaze 95 than I have with an AKM. Right now, I am using an SKS, which is practically a "civilian" firearm.), and 2) it is EVERYWHERE. Seriously, there are so many tightly-concentrated military spawns on the map, it isn't even funny. Spread out the military spawns, make them harder to find, and people will use other firearms. 

Also, ammunition. There is so much ammunition spawning in, that you can rather easily gather at least 100+ rounds of 7.62x39mm in one sitting. Having that much ammunition on me gives me an "itchy trigger finger", and I don't KOS! Make full boxes of ammunition spawn in, give us different "qualities" of ammunition (Soviet military surplus 7.62x39mm is MUCH different from higher-grade batch-made 7.62x39mm), add in some firearm maintenance (field-stripping, cleaning, jams, failure-to-feed, etc, based on "dirtiness", with different-quality rounds causing different levels of "dirtiness"), and have detachable magazines spawn in empty or nearly empty (to represent use).

Listen; Soviet military arms, like the Mosin-Nagant 91/30, SKS, and AKM were literally produced in the millions (there were approximately 10 million AKM rifles made during its official production, for example), so I have no problem with there being an....."adequate" number of "military firearms" to be found in Chernarus, especially since said region was undergoing what was essentially low-key civil war al la ARMA 2.  However, cut back on ammunition. Yes, there were a LOT of 7.62x54mm and 7.62x39mm rounds produced, but a lot of that was Soviet surplus (read: mostly shit). What was most likely given to a second-tier Soviet Republic, then Communist-style rebels? That same Soviet shit. What was probably used up during the civil war, and also during the initial outbreak? The stockpiles of shitty Soviet surplus ammunition.

As for your "specific groups" comment: well, what exactly do you expect them to do at this point in time in-game? I play as a "survivalist" whenever I play by myself, and even I get bored of fishing, farming, and hunting over time, especially since all of those concepts are barely implemented, much less fleshed out. My clan made a farm last night. We grew literally every crop you can grow, did some fishing, and cooked some venison we shot. Everything took about 1/2 an hour.

Me: well, that was interesting. When everything gets finished, Ram (the clan's Logistical section, which I belong to) will have a fun time keeping everyone stocked, fed, and ready to go....

Clanmate: Yep. Be awesome when it is finished.

....silence....

Me: welp, nothing more we can do here. Want to go kill things up in Novo?

Clanmate: sure.

Again, there is practically NOTHING else to do in the game at this point, and military equipment is ubiquitous. Why not use it? And, it is practically a waste of ammunition to shoot infected at this point in-game, so the only other thing to shoot is other players. You can't really give us a shit-ton of military equipment, only one really kinda-sorta finished activity, and then complain when we use said equipment to accomplish said activity.

Players overwhelmingly use military-style gear right because it 1) is effective (arguably. I've gotten more kills with a Blaze 95 than I have with an AKM. Right now, I am using an SKS, which is practically a "civilian" firearm.), and 2) it is EVERYWHERE. Seriously, there are so many tightly-concentrated military spawns on the map, it isn't even funny. Spread out the military spawns, make them harder to find, and people will use other firearms. 

Also, ammunition. There is so much ammunition spawning in, that you can rather easily gather at least 100+ rounds of 7.62x39mm in one sitting. Having that much ammunition on me gives me an "itchy trigger finger", and I don't KOS! Make full boxes of ammunition spawn in, give us different "qualities" of ammunition (Soviet military surplus 7.62x39mm is MUCH different from higher-grade batch-made 7.62x39mm), add in some firearm maintenance (field-stripping, cleaning, jams, failure-to-feed, etc, based on "dirtiness", with different-quality rounds causing different levels of "dirtiness"), and have detachable magazines spawn in empty or nearly empty (to represent use).

Listen; Soviet military arms, like the Mosin-Nagant 91/30, SKS, and AKM were literally produced in the millions (there were approximately 10 million AKM rifles made during its official production, for example), so I have no problem with there being an....."adequate" number of "military firearms" to be found in Chernarus, especially since said region was undergoing what was essentially low-key civil war al la ARMA 2.  However, cut back on ammunition. Yes, there were a LOT of 7.62x54mm and 7.62x39mm rounds produced, but a lot of that was Soviet surplus (read: mostly shit). What was most likely given to a second-tier Soviet Republic, then Communist-style rebels? That same Soviet shit. What was probably used up during the civil war, and also during the initial outbreak? The stockpiles of shitty Soviet surplus ammunition.

As for your "specific groups" comment: well, what exactly do you expect them to do at this point in time in-game? I play as a "survivalist" whenever I play by myself, and even I get bored of fishing, farming, and hunting over time, especially since all of those concepts are barely implemented, much less fleshed out. My clan made a farm last night. We grew literally every crop you can grow, did some fishing, and cooked some venison we shot. Everything took about 1/2 an hour.

Me: well, that was interesting. When everything gets finished, Ram (the clan's Logistical section, which I belong to) will have a fun time keeping everyone stocked, fed, and ready to go....

Clanmate: Yep. Be awesome when it is finished.

....silence....

Me: welp, nothing more we can do here. Want to go kill things up in Novo?

Clanmate: sure.

Again, there is practically NOTHING else to do in the game at this point, and military equipment is ubiquitous. Why not use it? And, it is practically a waste of ammunition to shoot infected at this point in-game, so the only other thing to shoot is other players. You can't really give us a shit-ton of military equipment, only one really kinda-sorta finished activity, and then complain when we use said equipment to accomplish said activity.

I actually agree with everything you've said here. What I'm hoping is that in the future some of what you said will become true (about spreading out military loot, making it rarer, etc.). I also can't blame people for behaving the way they do now; it totally makes sense. All I'm saying is, give the game more time to progress into what it was intended to be and make the other aspects of the game alluring so people won't want to PvP all the time ;)

What do "lone wolf" players think would happen in the real world? Realistically, "lone wolf"-style survival is very difficult, and this is without there being "infected" and organized militias/bandits duking it out.

That's cool...but here in DayZ, lone wolf style play rocks, and Lone Wolves are awesome.

my camo gear is the best way to hide - my automatic rifle is the best way to win when trouble comes - that's my point. and the risk to lose the gear is much harder than a standard gear that can you have in 10 minutes play.  survival in this state ?  when all 100-200 meters you can find water ? when all is full with food and animals for food ? mh no . zombis are not a challenge.  in this state you loot maybe 20 mins and you ready for pvp or you the mil side and you loot maybe 4-6 hour's loot fun and fear.    food water survival ? no problem .  and if you have everything you. what do you do ? hike ? all the time - boring .... is no challenge in the game - the only is pvp for challenge or escort fresh ( result is pvp ) fun.  and for sit on a fire or fishing or what ever - maybe when i need this in game ok   but only ? boring. 

and we have no zivil jacket with 6 slots - and i love looting :) give us hunter jackets for the pants and i need no mil gear :)  give us a prober vest in many differend colors an i need not the mil version.  give us backpack s with the option to attach things :)

and give us more civil clothing with space and room and good colors brown green etc. with a little como effect and  i need no longer my hard lootet ttsko -

but the hunting for my love ttsko have  bit from a hunting with target, a little fear . and you will not lose it.   civil clothing that i can find overall in minutes - i have no fear for loosing it. is not a challenge.  actually it does not matter. There is nothing special ...

and don`t forgoot the game comes from a mod and the mod comes from a mil game ^^ many gamers and clans come from this ;)

and  when i have only lame civil gear - i have no fear to lose it. its no challenge.

when i have a rare smerch and all what i love. than i go not in pvp action ! to hard to lose that gear in a fight with  dudes with a double rifle or a shotgun. convincing that he found in 15 minutes. my akm aug or m4 i kill zomibis and others .  i have more kills with an ax then with an ak m4 aug etc. and tons of magazine and ammo.  most time i die with all this. and have not one player kill .

it is collecting and the fear when you this mil gear collect.it is the challenge to find it and to keep it and the fear to lose it. 

there is no necessity to cooperate to go into a city.   wehn you alone or with one or two players. - i think when we have tons of zombis and protected mil zombis in the towns  and mil areas  that you cant alone in this. than comes more group building. more  dude i need your help go with me . the price is special loot.  actual but there is no need.

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 2

and the other is .

from 100 deads was 3 from full mil gear dudes . all the others was civilians with scrap equipment found all across.

and as a fuel mil gear men you are not the bandit.  you are the home price for all the others ;)

with no mil gear in the game you have the same game ! peoples kill for fun , from fear, for loot.

groups against groups one wants what the other has. with lower mil gear is rather the worse! then the rarest gear is the home price. 

at the moment, forcing the game does not cooperate or together to do something. 

and when the game forces the people. to loot a town or a milbase. 

they will be slaughtered after the loot because there are not enough special loot for all  ;) 

and in the end, it does not matter. you are dead by a mil gear man with akm - or a hobo with mosin lrs from 600m  ;)

in the end  its only a other  look like with a other weapon. the only differed is the loot time and the one has more space ( here we need more civil with the same space ) ( the biggest backpack is a civil backpack don`t forget ;) ) and a helmet or not ? this makes no different when you die from a mosin or sks or shotgun.

Edited by Crusader78

Id say ALL organized Groups use the "loot dublication" exploits.

noone can tell me they go on loothunting/serverhopping everyday to get 5+people equipped with the "finest gear". Or to say the least make them all look the same.... ( 7+ dudes with pressvests and exact same gear with exact same backpack Contents ect ect... )

Also, most abuse Servers where they kick you instantly anyways...henche why all those figgets Need to be reportet.

go figure....

All? My group doesn't.

If you have a well organized group you don't need to go loot hunting everyday.

I know most of the people I play Dayz with personally so we are always sharing items, If someone has a clip for a gun someone else uses they normally give it up without even being asked unless they also want the same gun.

Each person has different preferences on what they wear, Some prefer civillian clothes, Some prefer military gear. Some of us even wear grey as urban camo or black to look like a zombie at a distance, Even when everyone appears to be wearing the same stuff we generally have very different items inside the gear.

I'm sure there are lot's of groups who do duplicate but saying all of them do is a ridiculous claim.

At one point I had a M4 with two ammo boxes totally full of clips, I didn't collect them all in one go. I had to raid a tent for clips then found the M4 with a backpack hidden on the coast and killed someone else for the other clips.

If someone had killed me they would have assumed that I duped the items just because it was ridiculous but over time you can horde amazing things on dayz, Especially when you have a tent to store the crap you aren't currently using.

I ended up giving the M4 to my brother because I couldn't enjoy Dayz anymore, I had everything I needed and instead of enjoyment I simply had fear of dying.

I don't mind dying with gear but the idea of someone killing me and recovering my gear.... That makes me sad inside.

My brother had the same problem so he ended up giving it all away to some random person who seemed nice and tried to give him food.

Also worth mentioning is that we don't always group up, We often play solo so when we do next meet up we generally have to spend time swapping items.

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin
  • Like 1

All? My group doesn't.

If you have a well organized group you don't need to go loot hunting everyday.

I know most of the people I play Dayz with personally so we are always sharing items, If someone has a clip for a gun someone else uses they normally give it up without even being asked unless they also want the same gun.

Each person has different preferences on what they wear, Some prefer civillian clothes, Some prefer military gear. Some of us even wear grey as urban camo or black to look like a zombie at a distance, Even when everyone appears to be wearing the same stuff we generally have very different items inside the gear.

I'm sure there are lot's of groups who do duplicate but saying all of them do is a ridiculous claim.

At one point I had a M4 with two ammo boxes totally full of clips, I didn't collect them all in one go. I had to raid a tent for clips then found the M4 with a backpack hidden on the coast and killed someone else for the other clips.

If someone had killed me they would have assumed that I duped the items just because it was ridiculous but over time you can horde amazing things on dayz, Especially when you have a tent to store the crap you aren't currently using.

I ended up giving the M4 to my brother because I couldn't enjoy Dayz anymore, I had everything I needed and instead of enjoyment I simply had fear of dying.

I don't mind dying with gear but the idea of someone killing me and recovering my gear.... That makes me sad inside.

My brother had the same problem so he ended up giving it all away to some random person who seemed nice and tried to give him food.

Also worth mentioning is that we don't always group up, We often play solo so when we do next meet up we generally have to spend time swapping items.

Agreed. It is incredibly foolish to say that ALL organized groups dupe gear because a few do. I don't think i've run into more than 2 groups ever that had duped gear, or seemingly duped gear.

• Like 1

Agreed. It is incredibly foolish to say that ALL organized groups dupe gear because a few do. I don't think i've run into more than 2 groups ever that had duped gear, or seemingly duped gear.

Yeah - truthfully it's impossible to tell. People here seem to have a hard time believing that you and your friends can be dedicated to a game - and also underestimate how stuff is found. It's not like these groups are gearing up in five minutes - oftentimes when you see large groups with set amounts of gear these are days or even weeks of accumulation and you just happened to run into them when they peaked out.

And honestly - whenever I do see groups with truly identical gear it's smaller ones (3-4 at most) - larger groups tend to have tons of variation, with maybe a few staples such as "all wear bandanas."

Not to say that no one's ever duped - clearly it's happened more than enough times. It's just that finding gear is pretty easy and honestly getting "identical" uniforms for everyone when there are only 3-4 variants in the game isn't difficult.

• Like 5

To me they do it for the adrenaline rush that everyone who plays DayZ knows and loves. However if they want that rush due to the possibility of losing gear etc they could just go play wasteland and other mods and what not. Theres alternatives to bloating the game with it and I hope that as this year progresses the difficulty of the game both from a survival standpoint and an increase in infected numbers and intelligence skyrockets hopefully helping alleviate the amount of people treating this like any other run of the mill shooter. I know it will never be completely eliminated but a decrease would be fantastic. I don't want PvP eliminated in the slightest, it's one of DayZ's strongest features but I want the group kos arma mentality to go away or atleast be toned down. I don't see the fun in running around in a group of 4+ people mowing everyone down simply because of larger numbers.

Edited by Sirwarriant12
  • Like 1

I don't understand why people complain about KoS vs acting friendly.  You look at any survival scenario EVER where there are multiple people the strong prey on the weak or attempt to.  If your family is starving and you can't find food but you know of a neighbor survivor that has more food than he can eat you will do what you have to feed your family.

I'll give you an example in "zombie survival terms"  In walking Dead when Rick, Glenn, and Hershel were in the bar and two guys walked in they were all very anxious and had a short conversation where the two guys tried to press them for information about their "home/base" eventually one of them reached for a weapon and Rick shot them both.  As bad as the zombies have been throughout the whole series the humans have been worse.

You take the average human and put them in that environment where they have to survive while losing everything, everyone they ever knew and they will turn to their animal instincts. I'm sure during the first few weeks there will be a lot of "friendly meetings" but those people will die quickly and the ones that survive will learn to not trust anybody.  The ones that will survive will be the ones that can adapt and overcome.

Lord of the Flies - Kids on an island ended up battling each other for control and power

Revolution TV Show - The strong took power and made the weak submit.  People killed other people for items

A lot of entertainment supports the fact that during a survival situation the biggest issue may be yourself and other people.  Throughout History to survive people have conquered other people.  When Columbus sailed across the ocean and found the islands their meeting was friendly then he enslaved some to take back home to show. 

It is the way of life, people do what they have to for survival.  If you are looting a town that is potential food I can't loot, that is one spot less that I can use later.  Every mouth to feed is a risk against my life.  Everytime I put a bullet in the head of another survivor I am increasing my odds to make it another day.  Anyways good luck and have fun.