Rags!

Clans treating DayZ like ARMA?

Id say ALL organized Groups use the "loot dublication" exploits.

noone can tell me they go on loothunting/serverhopping everyday to get 5+people equipped with the "finest gear". Or to say the least make them all look the same.... ( 7+ dudes with pressvests and exact same gear with exact same backpack Contents ect ect... )

Also, most abuse Servers where they kick you instantly anyways...henche why all those figgets Need to be reportet.

go figure....

This is absurd.  Our squad is organized and highly motivated.  We all have top end gear because we go to the places where it spawns.  We carry the best weaponry because we want to do more than just SURVIVE, we want to excel in this harsh environment.  We hoard as much medical, ammunition, food stuffs and weaponry as possible so that the infected and survivors alike can be dealt with appropriately and successfully.  I am not sorry that this does not fit into the narrow vision of what you think this game SHOULD be.  

Luckily, I don't have to care.  I will continue to thrive with the best gear, surrounded by like minded individuals who have banded together to bring security and prosperity to OUR group.  We do not have to dupe, cheat or script to be successful, we dominate our environment with intelligence, determination and the balls to go where the goodies are.

I don't understand why people complain about KoS vs acting friendly.  You look at any survival scenario EVER where there are multiple people the strong prey on the weak or attempt to.  If your family is starving and you can't find food but you know of a neighbor survivor that has more food than he can eat you will do what you have to feed your family.

I'll give you an example in "zombie survival terms"  In walking Dead when Rick, Glenn, and Hershel were in the bar and two guys walked in they were all very anxious and had a short conversation where the two guys tried to press them for information about their "home/base" eventually one of them reached for a weapon and Rick shot them both.  As bad as the zombies have been throughout the whole series the humans have been worse.

You take the average human and put them in that environment where they have to survive while losing everything, everyone they ever knew and they will turn to their animal instincts. I'm sure during the first few weeks there will be a lot of "friendly meetings" but those people will die quickly and the ones that survive will learn to not trust anybody.  The ones that will survive will be the ones that can adapt and overcome.

Lord of the Flies - Kids on an island ended up battling each other for control and power

Revolution TV Show - The strong took power and made the weak submit.  People killed other people for items

A lot of entertainment supports the fact that during a survival situation the biggest issue may be yourself and other people.  Throughout History to survive people have conquered other people.  When Columbus sailed across the ocean and found the islands their meeting was friendly then he enslaved some to take back home to show. 

It is the way of life, people do what they have to for survival.  If you are looting a town that is potential food I can't loot, that is one spot less that I can use later.  Every mouth to feed is a risk against my life.  Everytime I put a bullet in the head of another survivor I am increasing my odds to make it another day.  Anyways good luck and have fun.

yep.  I for one feel that the KOS in dayz is a insight into what would happen if a zombie apocalypse type thing actually happened.  The friendly people would get taken out by the evil/desperate, other friendlies would hear/see this happening and become unfriendly in response, leaving only the evil/desperate/friendly-turned-unfriendly people.  Would not be a nice place to live.

I for one feel that the KOS in dayz is a insight into what would happen if a zombie apocalypse type thing actually happened.

Actually, it is insight into what happens in a consequence free environment. The more difficult it becomes to get your character back to the same point the less likely people will be to PvP for fun. Obviously some will still do it for fun and consider preparation a "tax" but others will not risk their status just to shoot at bambis on the coast. I say status because right now Gear is about the only status we have. You have none, some, good, and great gear and sometimes going from None to Great in a very short time making the Risk/Reward for "Fun PVP" be very little risk for a lot of reward. Someday it might not be worth wasting ammo on newspawns or making noise and attracting attention and risking death because you might not be able to get right back into the swing of things as quickly.

We will see. 

yep.  I for one feel that the KOS in dayz is a insight into what would happen if a zombie apocalypse type thing actually happened.  The friendly people would get taken out by the evil/desperate, other friendlies would hear/see this happening and become unfriendly in response, leaving only the evil/desperate/friendly-turned-unfriendly people.  Would not be a nice place to live.

No, Day Z is in fact the exact opposite of what would likely happen. People would band together in community militias, and the "bandits" would rapidly be pushed out to the hinterlands. 

Would there be killing? Of course, but it would be organized killing (different militias fighting over resources, alliances of towns banding together to wipe out/take over other towns, bandits knocking over a trade caravan, etc), not the currently mindless-assault-rifle-circlejerk that Day Z is.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 3

No, Day Z is in fact the exact opposite of what would likely happen. People would band together in community militias, and the "bandits" would rapidly be pushed out to the hinterlands. 

Would there be killing? Of course, but it would be organized killing (different militias fighting over resources, alliances of towns banding together to wipe out/take over other towns, bandits knocking over a trade caravan, etc), not the currently mindless-assault-rifle-circlejerk that Day Z is.

I love how everyone is an expert on what they think the apocalypse will be like lol.

wow many of you sound so boring...hoarding "endgame gear" only to see it vanish on wednesdays..running around for lootruns feeling all "badass" how fucking boring...

yeah... people having fun playing the game they paid for the way they like... how silly

• Like 1

yeah... people having fun playing the game they paid for the way they like... how silly

tbh...i knew such unimaginative parroting comment whould come up...

I think Rumsfeld said it best when he said

" There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Dayz is born out of a hardcore mill sim played still by those types of gamers with that background. Who have been playing the game now for years! good luck stumbling into Dayz from minecraft or where ever, in many ways ignorance is bliss, or else, eventually, a rage post appears in the http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/thread for everyone to ignore. Or they post telling how to fix the game in their opinion, which everyone else ignores or rips the piss out of. the end. So it continues.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

tbh...i knew such unimaginative parroting comment whould come up...

and you still posted knowing what would come up? I admire your dedication!

anyway who really cares if people like to loot and collect crap? it doesn't stop me from playing the way I play even if it's different from theirs