boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

its the loot - the persistence in the problem the server become more and more loot, i have it see yesterday.  but in 0.53 its not a spot as in 0,52. in 0.53  its on the complete land ^^ and then the server hang up at the 4-5 restart.....   i  go back stable sooo more new its not inside for  winning  ^^

was full with loot and ready too end the game -   park my truck .... make a fireplace ... cut a tree ... the tree fall in the truck .... the truck jump in the air .....  fall on me ..... dead .....  my friend inside the truck has nothing ......   will me strip for save the gear ......  the old bug he cant loot my body.....  the body with my gear disappears bevor we can make everything .....  the game makes me insane .....   8 H looting for nothing..... :(  :huh:  :D

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 3

Back to stable...

Well it's depressing that experimental is down today again , but I had a great time last night on experimental (I think us central or something , it had about 7-8 people on it).

So I'm a fresh spawn and after about an hour I find just enough loot to keep me from starving , only thing is I've eaten over 2 cans of tactical bacon and at least a half a dozen fruits ... But instead of satiating my hunger it only gives me a daunting "stuffed" status along with extremely hungry, anyways I'm almost about to die of starvation when I spot a sweet deer ..

I carefully stealth towards my future meal and end up some how machete-ing it , it ends up running a Couple dozen yards. I repeat the process and finally get a dead deer (after it ran off a damn cliff lol) , but as I'm about to skin her, the option to skin disappeared , and the only two options left were "hide body" and "contents" so I was pretty bummed lol .. So I decide to run to the castle (rog I think) where I would then promptly commit suicide with my faithful machete ...

Something was ... Different about this place , I walk into the main tower and see over 4 canned goods and soda littered all the way to the too . It was my lucky day , so it powered me up enough to head to a town very close to gorka (forget which one) but there I find a TON of food and plenty of ammo , so I now have a fully loaded moisin and cr75.. Headed to gorka now and I see the police station closed (all doors) . Being of a Kush - like paranoia , I instantly detect mischief , and decide to run Inisde the side door like a mad man (opposing my logic of sensing danger lol) where I am met with two fully geared dudes , and one of them shoots me out of fear which then causes me to scream Jesus Christ ! In an Aussie accent , somehow I manage to escape (I have a feeling they were just friendlys startled by my abrupt entrance) and decide to head out to stary sobor where I still live peacefully to this day .. Remember me forever guys , oh and I forgive you shooter .

TL;DR : please come back experimental !!!

• Like 4

-snip-

I enjoyed reading that. :thumbsup:

I wish I could have tested exp a bit before it went down. Never got around to play experimental after the first few hours, the first day 0.53 came out. Really hoping for my exp fix this week. (There's really no reason to push 0.53 to stable currently, right? ;) )

We'll see in the beginning of next week how it goes.

• Like 1

Well at least I got 1hr of playing done this weekend before the servers went down.  And I met some friendly people which was a big bonus many thanks guys.

• Like 2

its the loot - the persistence in the problem the server become more and more loot, i have it see yesterday.  but in 0.53 its not a spot as in 0,52. in 0.53  its on the complete land ^^ and then the server hang up at the 4-5 restart.....   i  go back stable sooo more new its not inside for  winning  ^^

was full with loot and ready too end the game -   park my truck .... make a fireplace ... cut a tree ... the tree fall in the truck .... the truck jump in the air .....  fall on me ..... dead .....  my friend inside the truck has nothing ......   will me strip for save the gear ......  the old bug he cant loot my body.....  the body with my gear disappears bevor we can make everything .....  the game makes me insane .....   8 H looting for nothing..... :(  :huh:  :D

With your first point, I actually think that that's a very, very good thing in disguise. Sure, this isn't what we want happening, but it shows that they've fixed the loot respawn system so that everywhere gets addressed. Now we just need a working cleanup system and everything'll be fine.

As for the second part, it sucks that the bug killed you and more ensued, but you were looting on experimental. It was all going to be wiped pretty quickly any way, dude. :P

Edited by Beizs

=snip=

I had a good time too since they didn't reset the characters.  On a 3PP I was up at the derelict military base when it all went down with an AK74, no magazine for it.  When they came back up Friday I managed to find a Mag for it and some loose rounds along with two high cap vests.  I was heading west towards the mines when the wife came home so I logged to go help her lug groceries.  I tried to go back in but they were down.  I am not having the hunger issue you are, but I can't get close to an animal.  On a 1 PP I took a shot at a deer but it ran, no, sprinted, off, seemed like it was faster than a V3S at full speed on NWAF (pegged out at 80kph, that was kick ass fun, does not do high speed turns very well).  How the heck did you sneak up on one?

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

No idea to be honest, I saw it through the brush and charged it's ass (it was about 8 feet away) , but it died by cliff , so I ultimately only hit it twice and never had to catch up with it, as it jumped over the cliff/ large hill pretty quickly after I hit it the first time in the bush .

• Like 1

'Wait for host'

It's been like that since hours ago, are there no hosts or the server's down?

'Wait for host'

It's been like that since hours ago, are there no hosts or the server's down?

Its been like that since friday ( or actually the whole last week. ). 

Experimental preperation depot on steamdb was updated recently. New experimental patch tonight or tomorrow perhaps? :)

Experimental preperation depot on steamdb was updated recently. New experimental patch tonight or tomorrow perhaps? :)

It's been updated a number of times since 0.53 first hit Experimental. I doubt it means anything. Ultimately it won't matter if the servers can't stay online anyway (not whining by the way, just being matter-of-fact).

Well I'll whine for you Tatanko. Friday Eugene posted he had the experimental servers up at least for a couple hours and he would keep an eye on them. Well that was 4 days ago. They are down and have been down for days which means he and nobody else has been watching them, or they just don't give a crap. Instead of working servers or an explaination as to why they are not up we get an animation of a GD flare gun that I and probably nobody gives a crap about. Stop with the fluff and get us some vehicles and base construction to test on experimental please. Thank You

Well I'll whine for you Tatanko. Friday Eugene posted he had the experimental servers up at least for a couple hours and he would keep an eye on them. Well that was 4 days ago. They are down and have been down for days which means he and nobody else has been watching them, or they just don't give a crap. Instead of working servers or an explaination as to why they are not up we get an animation of a GD flare gun that I and probably nobody gives a crap about. Stop with the fluff and get us some vehicles and base construction to test on experimental please. Thank You

I'm usually the guy going, "Alright everybody, calm down" but for once I find myself wondering why there is a lack of communication. It's understandable over the weekend, but I thought for sure we'd at least get an update sometime today (Monday) about the Experimental servers. Given how things have been, it can go two ways: we aren't going to get 0.53 in January as planned, or we will and it probably won't have been tested enough and everyone will complain about bugs.

• Like 1

Appreciate your post Tatanko. Know many were at PAX South and probably suffering jet lag but some information could have been disseminated. As for .53 going to stable do you think it's ready? I tested nothing that I didn't see in .52. Improved performance, server tools and better battleye hack protection are all great but hugely disappointing with out some new content you can see and use.

Appreciate your post Tatanko. Know many were at PAX South and probably suffering jet lag but some information could have been disseminated. As for .53 going to stable do you think it's ready? I tested nothing that I didn't see in .52. Improved performance, server tools and better battleye hack protection are all great but hugely disappointing with out some new content you can see and use.

0.53 includes some big changes to the fireplace kit, fireplace, and cooking tripod. The kit changed a bit in function and appearance, stone oven fireplaces are now possible, and the cooking tripod is actually usable (but not functional I think? haven't tested it personally). Additional ways to restrain people and improved animal AI (check youtube) were also included, and the animal AI thing is very much welcomed. I only played 0.53 for like an hour, but it didn't seem like anything was majorly broken. That being said, I doubt that is the build they would be pushing to Stable after all this time has passed and who knows what might be uncovered with many more people playing it for more than just a few hours. Fingers crossed.

I'm betting now that we won't get 0.53 Stable on Wednesday. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem likely with the setbacks on Experimental. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong and their internal testing will be sufficient to let them release it.

Anyway, again, none of this should be taken as me slighting the developers. Just thinking out loud. :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Oh well, still having a ball on stable.  And I did it, bought H1Z1 in spite of having been sorely burned by SOE in the past.  BOHICA I think, in the name of SPQC,  the people and the senate of Cherno....   Yeah, definition of insanity.....

Edited by Barnabus

Oh well, still having a ball on stable.  And I did it, bought H1Z1 in spite of having been sorely burned by SOE in the past.  BOHICA I think, in the name of SPQC,  the people and the senate of Cherno....   Yeah, definition of insanity.....

Well, probably closer to the definition of "addiction", unless you're just referring to the fact you bought something that will be free once it's been fully developed. DayZ supporters get 50% off during development, while H1Z1 supporters get, well....a long, hard shaft I guess. =P

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Just as I said on the last page, I'm not usually one to draw any kind of conclusion from SteamDB updates... but, they curiously just changed both experimentalprep and productionprep a few hours ago. The latter rarely gets changed without an update to the Stable branch from what I've seen. Perhaps we are in fact getting 0.53 on Stable tomorrow. That would make 0.53 one of the shortest-tested Experimental builds, barring of course builds that have skipped it entirely. Oddly though, experimentalprep is listed with an older build than productionprep. Weird.

• Like 5

Thanks to all that keep this thread fresh and relevant.

When I don't have time to follow the dev team closely I can always get caught up quick here.

Here's to hoping your suspicions for a stable release come true, Tatanko.

:thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 1

i think the follow-up here is more ''Frequent'' than the dev's follow-ups of the situation happenning sadly

Back on topic : 

So if i understand it right, they might bring an EXP patch that was broken to stable ? Holy shiznit ! I think there will be a crap-storm of complaints if it's true !!!!