airborneguy

---ATTENTION ALL SERVER HOSTERS---

The OP sounds like a douchebag. No one likes a tattle tell. I host my own server. Paid my own money and I will kick you for anything from KOSing to having a name or tag I find offensive.

This game should have a paid subscription fee each month.

you sound like a whining, self entitled, little shit... makes me wonder if it isn't mom paying for "your" server

• Like 5

The OP sounds like a douchebag. No one likes a tattle tell. I host my own server. Paid my own money and I will kick you for anything from KOSing to having a name or tag I find offensive.

If you want to run a server like its your empire buy a private one otherwise its hands off on public servers as an admin apart from kicking hackers.

You , sir, are an arse. If you'd like to have privileged access to loot, crash sites, whatever, then man up and get a private hive.

I'm sick to death of public hive servers kicking me, and others, because they don't have the wherewithal to go private, and/or to give excusive rights to themselves. It's pretty much pay to play.

You, mate, are the douche here.

• Like 1

You , sir, are an arse. If you'd like to have privileged access to loot, crash sites, whatever, then man up and get a private hive.

I'm sick to death of public hive servers kicking me, and others, because they don't have the wherewithal to go private, and/or to give excusive rights to themselves. It's pretty much pay to play.

You, mate, are the douche here.

Agreed.

Holy crap they are actually shutting down servers for breaking the hosting ToS? Haven't seen a game do that since Battlefield 2. Just when you thought DayZ couldn't get any cooler. Keep up the great work guys!

This problem is absolutely rampant, if my experiences over the weekend are anything to go by. Many server names (on public) are completely explicit that if you join them you will be kicked ("Join=kick", etc).

Others have taken the interesting tack of using either server names or MotDs to try to tell you your char has been/will be reset if you join it.

I know it feels like overkill, but have to agree with the suggestion that admins of public hive servers should not have the ability to kick players without a clear threshold for doing so that goes above and beyond admin whim and preference. The existing mechanic of reporting them, however valiant the effort, simply cannot keep pace with the problem.

• Like 1

This problem is absolutely rampant, if my experiences over the weekend are anything to go by. Many server names (on public) are completely explicit that if you join them you will be kicked ("Join=kick", etc).

Others have taken the interesting tack of using either server names or MotDs to try to tell you your char has been/will be reset if you join it.

I know it feels like overkill, but have to agree with the suggestion that admins of public hive servers should not have the ability to kick players without a clear threshold for doing so that goes above and beyond admin whim and preference. The existing mechanic of reporting them, however valiant the effort, simply cannot keep pace with the problem.

I had a free hour to play over the weekend but didn't want the hassle of any PVP\KoS whilst I worked on my cooking & leather tanning so I picked a public server with 2 players.  30 seconds later I got kicked.  I tried another and got kicked again.  

Fine, time for a change of plan...click on Filters, search for "kick" and send this e-mail:

To: support@multiplay.co.uk,abuse@vilayer.com,abuse@fragnet.net,admin@gamingdeluxe.co.uk,support@gameservers.com 
Subject: Dayz Server abuse 

Hello to all,

Apologies for mailing all of you but I lack the ability to identify the correct server owner.  If anyone wants to let me know how I can work this out for myself I'll target my future reports only to the correct server owner.

I wish to report the following servers for breaking the DayZ server hosting rules, particularly around including the word kick in the server description.  

81.19.216.162:2310
109.236.82.125:2602
217.23.15.148:2302
185.62.204.163:2302
185.62.204.160:2302
144.76.76.171:2502
144.76.93.168:2502
185.16.84.95:2402
46.253.196.90:2302

In particular, admin\player "Like a Bitch" on server 188.165.221.93:2602 deserves special mention for actually kicking me 4 times in a row as soon as I tried to join that server.  Impressive!

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and look forward to you taking action.

Kind regards,
krazypenguin

Tonight I'm going to check all of these servers again (that's why you note the IP and port) and if they are still breaking the rules I'll report them again.  And again.  And again.

Once you're server is on my list, I will never, EVER let you go.   :)

Edit - kudos to Matt Enloe at Multiplay who, despite not hosting any of these servers, gave me advice on how to work out the server owner using a "whois" web link - good guy.

Edit 2 - I kind of lost the point of my reply to your post which was that I agree - the problem is out of control and relying on players to report the issue is not an ideal solution.  How many of the above servers do you think will still include the word "kick" in the description tonight?  I reckon over half.  And even if they take that word out of the description, that doesn't stop the server admin still kicking someone - in fact it makes it harder to identify server abuse because someone has to actually log in to the server, get kicked and then report it.  I might spend an hour one day a week reporting a few servers but there are more than I can report.  

Edit 3 (I love edits) - I just checked and gamingdeluxe (1 server) and fragnet (3 servers) haven't repsonded so I chased them up.  Also, 2 of the servers belong to hosting companies not mentioned in the server thread - ovh and adminor (1 server each).  Fortunately, "whois" shows the abuse e-mail (abuse@ovh.net and abuse@adminor.net) so I've just mailed them about their servers.  The guys who own 188.165.221.93.2602 are in for a particularly rough ride in the next week or so....
Edited by krazypenguin

Problem isn't so much the players but the server hosting companies not warning admins of their servers.

Fix it.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Players are asked to report such servers. Lol, the devs just need to open the server list by themselves to instantly encounter hundreds of those servers...

Oh wait... a closed server does not flush in money...

Edited by RogueTrooper

What are the minimum requirements to report servers? Do you have to have video evidence? And how do you find out the hosting company?

I've just been kicked twice, consecutively from "DayZ (Public/Veteran)". Have the IP, etc. The only other player was named "FightnIrish" and he clearly likes to have the run of the place to himself.

why has the kicking option not been removed yet. As players we shouldn't have to do this. Just remove the 'kick' option from public servers. It has been on-going since launch and its game breaking. im not playing until they fix. Its pay to win.

• Like 1

Just remember to read the stickied threads about this. It doesn't help anyone to post this information here.

And when you do the appropriate thing and report them to the serverhosts they will be taken down.

I disagree. What's the point of a forum if not to discuss and spread the word on things like this? Because of this thread other people might make an effort to help stop server abuse. Not sure why you're always raining on everyone's parade man? You can still do your job without the jackboots.

I disagree. What's the point of a forum if not to discuss and spread the word on things like this? Because of this thread other people might make an effort to help stop server abuse. Not sure why you're always raining on everyone's parade man? You can still do your job without the jackboots.

1.: I'm not. I was just making a point of actually reporting rather than just talking about it.

2.: This is from half a year ago without adding anything new to the table.