Sign in to follow this  
xImFriendly

M4 Spawns/Rarity

Ok well I'm kind a new to the game, only 50 hours and I've been to a lot of military bases, even on some servers that were bugged and spawned a crap ton, and the only time I have ever seen or found a M4 was at a crash site. So where do the spawn as of 0.52 and how rare are they? Are they farely easy to get? Am I just having bad luck?

You'll find an M4 every 11-12 crash site you search. These are estimations, the probability varies. You can loot 50 crash sites but you won't find an M4, you can loot 2 crash sites and  get 3 M4s, it varies.

You have to keep searching. But it is a med-rare gun.

heli crashes are invisible on persistence enabled servers so you have to find persistence off servers to go looking for them.

You'll find an M4 every 11-12 crash site you search. These are estimations, the probability varies. You can loot 50 crash sites but you won't find an M4, you can loot 2 crash sites and get 3 M4s, it varies.

You have to keep searching. But it is a med-rare gun.

Do they spawn anywhere else?

Do they spawn anywhere else?

Only at American crash sites.

Used to spawn at barracks before the AKM was added to the loot tables.

Only at American crash sites.

Used to spawn at barracks before the AKM was added to the loot tables.

Ah ok, I've found 2 ak101, 1 AKM, 1 Ak74u. But those magazines I never find so I can't use them.

I've found 1 heli crash site when I was with my friend and he was like what is that smoke bcuz he is new. I laughed so hard and gave him the M4. He was so happy :D trucks are more abundant than M4s imo

The m4´sare not even that good. You are far better off with a ak if thats your thing. Me personaly iam super bored of trying to get those weapons AT ALL. Not giving a fuck really.

The m4´sare not even that good. You are far better off with a ak if thats your thing. Me personaly iam super bored of trying to get those weapons AT ALL. Not giving a fuck really.

- M4 ammunition (5.56x45) is more common around the map,

- More people pick up 7.62x39 boxes (which fits the AKM and SKS, etc).

- M4 has less recoil than the AKM 

- M4 ammunition (5.56x45) is more common around the map,

- More people pick up 7.62x39 boxes (which fits the AKM and SKS, etc).

- M4 has less recoil than the AKM 

M4 Ammunition is not more common than AKM ammo, only places that offer a good chance of getting M4 ammo is Military installations and inside teddy bears, while the ammo the AKM uses is found pretty much everywhere ammo can spawn.

Recoil of a gun only effects people who uses them as hoses and sprays everything, for people who tap/burst or know how to fight the recoil, is becomes a non-issue.

I agree with BlackLabel, hunting for these guns, more importantly their attachments is a huge waste of time, when I've beaten people with these so called, "best gun ever!!" with a repeater...

Hunting them down gives you something to do I guess. I did it for a couple of weeks. To each their own.

Also, with an acog, it fits the same niche as SKS+PU but is fully automatic. Some people are also much more accurate when using red dot optics. Why you gotta be so rude?

• Like 2

M4 Ammunition is not more common than AKM ammo, only places that offer a good chance of getting M4 ammo is Military installations and inside teddy bears, while the ammo the AKM uses is found pretty much everywhere ammo can spawn.

Recoil of a gun only effects people who uses them as hoses and sprays everything, for people who tap/burst or know how to fight the recoil, is becomes a non-issue.

I agree with BlackLabel, hunting for these guns, more importantly their attachments is a huge waste of time, when I've beaten people with these so called, "best gun ever!!" with a repeater...

7.62x39 does not spawn in houses. You're getting confused with 7.62x51.

5.56 is more common simply because more people leave it behind, as I assume more people would have an AKM than a AK101, M4A1 or Steyr AUG.

heli crashes are invisible on persistence enabled servers so you have to find persistence off servers to go looking for them.

This is not the case for a while now. choppers do spawn on presistance enabled servers.

Edited by halp

Use the MP133 shotgun. Trust me.

7.62x39 does not spawn in houses. You're getting confused with 7.62x51.

5.56 is more common simply because more people leave it behind, as I assume more people would have an AKM than a AK101, M4A1 or Steyr AUG.

7.62x39 most certainly does spawn inside houses.

This is not the case for a while now. choppers do spawn on presistance enabled servers.

Are you sure about this? Grateful for confirmation of some kind.

Thanks

i came across 3 heli spawns in the pass two days on two different priv.per. enabled servers around NWAF. To think of, i think they were russian helis, so, my bad if russian&US heli random spawns are seperated.

Edited by halp

Are you sure about this? Grateful for confirmation of some kind.

Thanks

i came across 3 heli spawns in the pass two days on two different priv.per. enabled servers around NWAF. To think of, i think they were russian helis, so, my bad if russian&US heli random spawns are seperated.

Sorry Halp you are wrong... to a certain degree. So what happens is that the heli's spawn after Wednesday server maintenance. but with every restart of the server after that, they become invisible. They loot still spawns though. As soon as we disabled persistence on our server it fixed the problem.

• Like 1

Use the MP133 shotgun. Trust me.

7.62x39 most certainly does spawn inside houses.

No.

That is 7.62x51, which ammo for the Mosin.

7.62x39 is military buildings only.

The amount of people who don't know their calibers is too damn high also since 0.49 they no longer spawn inside homes or residential areas, only light military, such as the UAZ wrecks, police stations and the other military buildings (ATC, Jail).

Edited by Quackdot

I've only been fortunate enough twice to get an M4 at a helicopter crash site.  That's the only place to get them anymore.  People are right when they say "I can kill you with a sporter" but there's no doubt that the M4 is the overall best weapon to carry.  The only gun that could argue that is the AKM in my opinion.

M4's are for hackers and dbags. You'd be better off finding a more powerful and reasonable firearm (if you live long enough).

Wrong. They do not spawn on persistence servers. (they do but are invisible).

M4's are for hackers and dbags. You'd be better off finding a more powerful and reasonable firearm (if you live long enough).

So true.

So remember, if you find an M4 at a crashsite, leave it there. It's not worth it. The Sporter you already have on your back is one million times better. And if you already have an M4, please send me a PM and give it to me. I am setting up an in-game charity to dump all these useless M4s into the sea.

Thanks.

Edited by Mookie
  • Like 3

So remember, if you find an M4 at a crashsite, leave it there.

back when we still did such lootruns we threw them in bushes around crashsites... :D

Sorry Halp you are wrong... to a certain degree. So what happens is that the heli's spawn after Wednesday server maintenance. but with every restart of the server after that, they become invisible. They loot still spawns though. As soon as we disabled persistence on our server it fixed the problem.

So sorry for missleading, i didnt know that. I must have been extreemly lucky to find them, but, the thing is, im pretty sure it wasnt wednesday... Is this the case for both types of helis or just US ones ?

Edit: ok, my, bad, i just checked the server and noticed the persistance isn't on anymore.That would explain it.

Again, sorry for false info.

Edited by halp

Don't worry. I have over 400 hours in and I have never found an M4. I don't really look for chopper wrecks though. I have seen them on dead players but I was already geared.