Sign in to follow this  
Finchtastic

next wipe

So I read on the steam page updates (I think) that after the break there's going to be another global wipe.  Does anyone know when it is?

After the break. 

• Like 2

I am not sure if an exact date has been given. But I recall seeing early January. I may be mistaken.

I am not sure if an exact date has been given. But I recall seeing early January. I may be mistaken.

Yeah, I figured it would be in a few days probably.  

When playing DayZ, always assume tomorrow is wipe day.

• Like 5

Unless they are actually going to fix the persistent looting system, not sure why they would even bother.  Yeah they fixed duping last time and then reset but they totally f'ed up the persistent looting as well.

If they do I will turn from friendly player into slaughtering every new spawn I can find. A wipe does nothing for the game.

If they do I will turn from friendly player into slaughtering every new spawn I can find. A wipe does nothing for the game.

I wouldn't say it "does nothing".  If they fix duping or the bugged loot piles on persistent servers and want to clear everything out to destroy cached loot stores then it's fine.  Yet doing it just to do it, then I agree.

• Like 1

Neither does you playing like a jagoff... 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Assuming they get the anti-duping in along with some much needed loot fixes (including proper implementation of the CLE - don't think it's actually running yet, just in), I'll welcome a global wipe even though I've spent the last few days building up a beautiful stockpile. But honestly, unless they really think that they won't have to do another wipe, I'd rather they didn't. There's nothing absolutely game breaking at the moment, to my knowledge. There are dupers and the likes, but I've never actually been affected by that (to my knowledge - I may have been killed by one, but if it wasn't a duper, it'd be a legit player).

When I say 'unless they think they won't have to do it again', don't get me wrong. I'm not saying 'they should never reset again'. But there's no point in a global wipe unless they actually think that it's going to work properly from there on out. Previous ones were fair enough due to the rampant issues that were actually fixed, but I really don't think it's that bad at the moment.

Edited by Beizs

Unless they are actually going to fix the persistent looting system, not sure why they would even bother.

Because the loot system has exactly nothing to do with a wipe? ( and actually, it is not that broken, it's mainly waiting for the advanced loot distribution system, thus an unfinished feature, not a broken one )

When they consider a wipe, they do it to get rid of duped items. Items, that should not be there in first place. So the one and only reason to wipe the database is when they fixed another method of duping.

Because the loot system has exactly nothing to do with a wipe? ( and actually, it is not that broken, it's mainly waiting for the advanced loot distribution system, thus an unfinished feature, not a broken one )

When they consider a wipe, they do it to get rid of duped items. Items, that should not be there in first place. So the one and only reason to wipe the database is when they fixed another method of duping.

Can't remember quite where, but I saw something about an item ID system coming very soon to prevent duping. Assume it'll be the next patch when they wipe?

Edited by Beizs

Assume it'll be the next patch when they wipe?

Noone knows, but it won't happen unannounced, since they don't do it to piss players off. I can't remember the exact time, but I think we got informed about the last wipe 2 or 3 weeks prior to the 0.49 update.

Assuming they get the anti-duping in along with some much needed loot fixes (including proper implementation of the CLE - don't think it's actually running yet, just in), I'll welcome a global wipe even though I've spent the last few days building up a beautiful stockpile. But honestly, unless they really think that they won't have to do another wipe, I'd rather they didn't. There's nothing absolutely game breaking at the moment, to my knowledge. There are dupers and the likes, but I've never actually been affected by that (to my knowledge - I may have been killed by one, but if it wasn't a duper, it'd be a legit player).

When I say 'unless they think they won't have to do it again', don't get me wrong. I'm not saying 'they should never reset again'. But there's no point in a global wipe unless they actually think that it's going to work properly from there on out. Previous ones were fair enough due to the rampant issues that were actually fixed, but I really don't think it's that bad at the moment.

There will be more wipes. There will be a wipe before the game goes to full release aswell. If you can survive a year without dying though.

• Like 1

There will be more wipes. There will be a wipe before the game goes to full release aswell. If you can survive a year without dying though.

I understand a wipe on release, but I still don't think that there's any necessity for wipes assuming that there's no major issues with loot spawns exploding & duping getting fixed. If duping is completely patched, DayZ its self tends to take care of wiping characters. Persistence wipes will probably need to happen a few more times, but character wipes, imo, won't really be necessary once duping is done.

Though, again, I'm not saying that I'll be upset or angry if they continue to happen moderately regularly. I'm a lone wolf survivor who spends a lot of his time in the woods and, as such, I generally lose my characters through glitches and wipes - and it does start to get a little boring being fully geared after a while. I just don't see any valid reason to wipe characters after a point.

Edited by Beizs

Tell that to the military barracks buildings with thousands of items stuffed away in them...  So my point was if they had that fixed and wanted to counter the effects of these bugged loot piles, sure do a wipe and remove the hundreds of AKs now cached out in the world.

Tell that to the military barracks buildings with thousands of items stuffed away in them...  So my point was if they had that fixed and wanted to counter the effects of these bugged loot piles, sure do a wipe and remove the hundreds of AKs now cached out in the world.

i actually haven't seen military barracks overflowing with loot in a while and I thought maybe they had fixed it. That or people have actually been hitting the barracks a lot more now. 

There can always be a reason to wipe the database when they want to test things from scratch again so it's something you all need to expect during the testing phases :)

I dont mind. however, i doubt it's gonna be wipped thanks to duppers. More likely for some fresh data?

People who dupp will find another way the very next day. It's the legit semi-casual players that will be affected the most.

Edited by halp
  • Like 1