Sign in to follow this  
xImFriendly

I was rolling but then

So today I was playing DayZ fully feared gorka and all, ballistic helm, hunter bag, mosin, magnum, tons of ammo. I was in a military base and was scouting it on on a school. While up there I thought I saw a player across the base so I was Rollin back to the ladder and alt viewing and so I rolled off the building . Biggest facepalm yet. Post similar experiences below

• Like 1

So today I was playing DayZ fully feared gorka and all, ballistic helm, hunter bag, mosin, magnum, tons of ammo. I was in a military base and was scouting it on on a school. While up there I thought I saw a player across the base so I was Rollin back to the ladder and alt viewing and so I rolled off the building . Biggest facepalm yet. Post similar experiences below

Good. That is what you get for 3PP-peeking. You give the rest of us 3PP-players a bad name.

Good. That is what you get for 3PP-peeking. You give the rest of us 3PP-players a bad name.

Everyone plays 3PP to peek.

@OP: I did something similar the other night. I move around quite fast, and pressed "F" to grab a ladder descending a building while not giving the game enough of a chance to register that I had pressed it. I ended up careening through the air landing on my face a few stories below.

1,500 hours in and a not even bugged ladder owned me.

• Like 2

I've gone off a ledge in the Rify wreck more than once...

• Like 2

I have glitched off of Rify, and glitched off of the giant red tower in the lumber mill (just south of Rify). I lost some pretty good stuff that day.

• Like 1

Was on the roof of the apartment block in the forest base south of Zelenogorsk during my noob dayz. I took my finger off W, but right then the game had a short hang and I woke up in the air. Sixth floor (or as many as that building had) is pretty high. My friend couldn't do more than laugh at me because we were both geared and he didn't have any space for my goodies. I also spawned in Solnichnyi and I cba to run back.

• Like 1

Was on the roof of the apartment block in the forest base south of Zelenogorsk during my noob dayz. I took my finger off W, but right then the game had a short hang and I woke up in the air. Sixth floor (or as many as that building had) is pretty high. My friend couldn't do more than laugh at me because we were both geared and he didn't have any space for my goodies. I also spawned in Solnichnyi and I cba to run back.

Thats where I died

So I deserved to die because I 3PP? And you just said you 3PP? The retardness is over 9000!!

So you have never EVER EVER utilized the advantages of 3pp in a 3pp server, even inadvertently? 

So when you get into combat situations you switch to 1pp out of "principle" like killing yourself when you get a broken leg because "splints dun werk like dat!"

• Like 1

So you have never EVER EVER utilized the advantages of 3pp in a 3pp server, even inadvertently? 

So when you get into combat situations you switch to 1pp out of "principle" like killing yourself when you get a broken leg because "splints dun werk like dat!"

Yes, actually, I switch to 1PP when in combat. Elsewhere, I use 3PP  because the headbob, even when turned all the way down, gives me severe nausea.

You need new material, DeatHTaX. You used that line in another topic. Only ruined beans for you!

He is like a 1-trick pony, constantly bringing up the same stuff over and over again.

There's nothing wrong with bringing up subjects more than once or twice if they matter to you.  He's joining in a conversation and sharing.  Honestly guys, you don't have to reply if you've nothing nice to say. 

We've all rolled off a roof or into the path of an attacking tree and died or broken a limb.  Weird physics of the dayz universe aren't exactly the same as our universe. ;)

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

There's nothing wrong with bringing up subjects more than once or twice if they matter to you.  He's joining in a conversation and sharing.  Honestly guys, you don't have to reply if you've nothing nice to say. 

We've all rolled off a roof or into the path of an attacking tree and died or broken a limb.  Weird physics of the dayz universe aren't exactly the same as our universe. ;)

That's alright, I had more fun with Grimey Rick anyway.

Posts removed if a member continues to be a smart arse arguing point as there is no room for that here. Stay on topic and stop insulting other players.

If you want to continue arguing your point feel free to carry on and I will issue a ban.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

Well, back to the OP, I lost my three and a half month old character last week to (I assume) a server reset, having posted some, er, do's and don't for avoiding that very thing. I've gone from being possibly the best equipped single player in the game, to starving on the coast. It's not much fun.

Since 0.49 I've studiously avoided the upper floors of buildings, ladders, most towns, the coast, other players, and almost anything else that could get me killed. But the laws of DayZ say that somehow, sooner or later, the game will get you - even if it has to resort to artificially deleting your character in order to do so...

• Like 1

Everyone plays 3PP to peek.

@OP: I did something similar the other night. I move around quite fast, and pressed "F" to grab a ladder descending a building while not giving the game enough of a chance to register that I had pressed it. I ended up careening through the air landing on my face a few stories below.

1,500 hours in and a not even bugged ladder owned me.

Not everyone, I don't play 3PP, only 1PP. 3PP imo is cheating and should just be removed out right.

I was at the NWAF, I had climbed a noob tower by the fence to gain a area perspective, I was heli hunting(still very unsuccessfully). I hit "F" to climb down the ladder and my guy took a step and put his hands out in front of him. Talk about glitch death, naturally i died from the fall.

I don't play 3PP, only 1PP. 3PP imo is cheating and should just be removed out right.

3PP view is not cheating because it is an inherent game feature that everybody can use or not; all the time to his likes (on according servers).

3PP view is not an exploit because it is working as intented by the programmers.

3PP is just a feature. No more. No less. As realistic as the need to drink 1 liter every 10 minutes when running. Or to return to full health within 1 minute after being shot/wounded. Or to store 6 tins of beans in your trousers. Or as zombies.

Oh cool another peeking thread, this will surely result in a lot of new years win! Quit peeking in ruins the surprise!

Edited by CJFlint

3PP view is not cheating because it is an inherent game feature that everybody can use or not; all the time to his likes (on according servers).

3PP view is not an exploit because it is working as intented by the programmers.

3PP is just a feature. No more. No less. As realistic as the need to drink 1 liter every 10 minutes when running. Or to return to full health within 1 minute after being shot/wounded. Or to store 6 tins of beans in your trousers. Or as zombies.

To each his own. By that logic the duping tricks are part of the game and not cheating either.

To each his own. By that logic the duping tricks are part of the game and not cheating either.

No. Duping is an unintented exploit due to some kind of bug and must be fixed by the devs.

Why can we never get along? I've always played in 3PP since OFP but just go into 1PP in combat because it makes aiming easier. I enjoy 3PP in travel because it gives a slightly more realistic sense of looking around. (In reality my eyes would be darting around and I would naturally be looking around. While free-look helps in some aspects, it's not a natural split second reaction. Thus 3PP is the closest thing to realism for me, even if it's a magical eye following me around from behind.)

So you don't consider being able to see around corners and peek over fences in 3P a unintended exploit of the camera perspective?

I think a good compromise would be to lock camera perspective while connected to the server. Thus forcing people who use 3rd person to stay on it until disconnected. This would eliminate there 1st person aiming advantage in exchange for the 3rd person camera angles.

I think a good compromise would be to lock camera perspective while connected to the server. Thus forcing people who use 3rd person to stay on it until disconnected. This would eliminate there 1st person aiming advantage in exchange for the 3rd person camera angles.

What about scopes/ironsights etc?

If you don't lock them out, there's not much of a point in doing it at all. If you do, it's a terrible idea.

What about scopes/ironsights etc?

If you don't lock them out, there's not much of a point in doing it at all. If you do, it's a terrible idea.

This is true, many 3rd person games lock out/lack scopes and iron sights. It would be the price you pay for a better field of view. The whole eye in the back of your head things is cheap also. Being able to see whats behind you while in 3rd person. I only use backpacks that allow me to look over my shoulder's while in 1st person.  I'm down for scrapping 3rd person all together.