threedogification

New renderer questions.

Ok, so I've seen a lot of posts about people asking about the new renderer so I thought I would add some questions.

1. Does anyone even know what the new renderer will look like?

2. Will the new renderer change the look of the game?

3. Will it look more realistic? (Such as cryengine)

4. Will it be better optimised, like the Arma 3 engine?

It enables things like directx11, it will allow better lighting and nicer looking UI but will not fundamentally change the look of the game (so no, it will not suddenly look like Far Cry 3...). I've heard (on the ether) that the renderer is similar to the one used in Take on Mars (another Bohemia title FYI) so if you want to have some idea of what the it is capable of you can check that out. All I know for sure is that it will let the engine utilize more of the features that modern hardware/software has to offer, so it is going to be an improvement regardless of the specifics.

• Like 1

It will look better than any other engine, will be optimised as hell giving the ability to spawn thousands of zombies.

Just joking.

By the way I heard that you can already switch on some new features through the config file. Search on youtube.

Let's wait for updates and see.

As of yet,it's a mystery how much improvement it will provide on the game's overall graphical area.But if it looks like this...i can die a happy man :) (Arma3+SweetFx)

One thing we know for sure,is that it will fix dynamic lighting,so no more flashlights going through walls.

Also,after the new renderer is implemented,the team can finally begin work on the game's optimization,so better performance is almost granted.

• Like 3

As of yet,it's a mystery how much improvement it will provide on the game's overall graphical area.But if it looks like this...i can die a happy man :) (Arma3+SweetFx)

One thing we know for sure,is that it will fix dynamic lighting,so no more flashlights going through walls.

Also,after the new renderer is implemented,the team can finally begin work on the game's optimization,so better performance is almost granted.

hey, dont post photos of your garden :P

i will probably never be able to play with such graphics. or maybe at one FPM

• Like 1

Search Results
Your search for the term renderer returned 86 results.

Just saying...

search tool...

• Like 3

hey, dont post photos of your garden :P

i will probably never be able to play with such graphics. or maybe at one FPM

You are not alone,first time i saw it i too thought it was an actual real garden,in all honesty,i had to look twice to spot the difference.

Regardless,i don't think it would be that bad frame wise.

Imo after the optimization happens,an i5 system could run it averagely.

here is some nice stuff from VBS3 (the platform that bohemia make for military use) most note worthy for me is running rivers, also the snow simulation looks very cool. I don't know how much of the tec. is shared between this and arma/dayz but I would love to see some of the features in these videos come across to Dayz.

• Like 1

Search Results

Just saying...

search tool...

Odd, I searched for "tool" and it came up with Boneboys

• Like 16

funny... I initially read the topic as "new reindeer questions" I need better glasses.

Ugh! That looks so good. I hope it goes in this direction!!!

here is some nice stuff from VBS3 (the platform that bohemia make for military use) most note worthy for me is running rivers, also the snow simulation looks very cool. I don't know how much of the tec. is shared between this and arma/dayz but I would love to see some of the features in these videos come across to Dayz.

Thank you for adding those! I am really surprised at BI for that engine. But why does Dayz still look and run like it does? If they can make a really beautiful renderer like that or the arma 3 one, why can't they hurry up and make one for dayz?

Well for me the point is that the new dayZ engine is a WIP. While I think that looks and performance are important, I don't think they are a focus at this stage in development. Give them time and we will see what can be achived.

Thank you for adding those! I am really surprised at BI for that engine. But why does Dayz still look and run like it does? If they can make a really beautiful renderer like that or the arma 3 one, why can't they hurry up and make one for dayz?

Hurry up? A renderer is not done in 3 months. It is a pretty big engine module. DayZ still looks and runs as it does because we are still not on the renderer that is supposed to be in the finished game, so we can't expect any optimizations on that system as this would be a waste.

Also, VBS is done by Bohemia Interactive Simulations, which is a different studio than Bohemia Interactive. They do not share tech at all.

Search Results

Just saying...

search tool...

LIES AND SORCERY! WE HAVE A WITCH~!

OH FUCK ME!!! I literally died a few seconds 'cause of the beautines. Com'on devs please make it happen!! ;) Edited by MrCactusMan

You think city fps is bad now? Imagine if DayZ looked like that, EVERYWHERE would have horrible horrible frame issues.

• Like 1

I think the new render will change how the multithreading works instead of doing the main render only on one thread or two. Eliminating the bottleneck of the cpu. No more 20fps in cities and let the beefy gpu shine.

4. Will it be better optimised, like the Arma 3 engine?

Well it will be DX11 or 10 so something like Arma 3 can be expected and maybe even better. One of the things they likely want to fix is light going through the walls.

You can add SweetFx to DayZ Standalone already...

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2flqym/dayz_gfxfps_tweaking_guide_sweetfxefx/

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/379/

And if you just want a quick look at what it turns out like then view this...

http://imgur.com/a/xVfYy

Or a video (which is sadly only 720p and not that good and is presented in mumblevision)

(embedded video in spoiler)

If you do a search of the forum, which will clearly give Boneboys a bit of a stiffy (*waves at boneboys*), you'll find there have been several threads on here about SweetFx already.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161380-realistic-sweetfx-lighting-preset-for-standalone/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199286-sweetfx Edit: Sorry that one is the mod

Now, for me, getting the game running an acceptable framerate even if it looks like a pile of crap is the priority before I start tweaking it to look better.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 1

Search Results

Your search for the term sweetfx returned 38 results

or

Search Results

Your search for the term sweetfx returned 10 results (titles only)

Search Results

Your search for the term sweetfx returned 38 results

or

Search Results

Your search for the term sweetfx returned 10 results (titles only)

Aye, aye, I gave you a mention in my thread. Jings what more do you want? Sheesh...

;)