therandomredstone

Your Goals?

I am a hoarder in DayZ, I don't think there is such thing as "too much food". I also carry around ammo for guns I don't even have, road flares, everything. You never know what you are going to need. Anyways I want to stop that. I want to head to the coast, find a bunch of netting, make a ghillie suit and just use my shirt, pants, and vest to hold supplies. This will be awhile though, because I need to find a High Capacity vest, maybe even a Smersh vest. And a more suitable gun, a Mosin will be fine, but id trade one for a AUG any day.

You know how you cant have a backpack with the ghillie suit? that's a commitment I'm willing to take. But now I will be able to carry a military tent. How? you may ask? Easy, I will have enough room in my vest or shirt to put my ghillie suit body piece in, then wear the military tent on my back. I wanted originally to do this on my regular mode character, who has everything. But I prefer hardcore mode, because ill play in 1st person anyways in regular mode but others wont. That's why I love hardcore mode, because you play in first person, and everyone else does too.

Do you have a goal for DayZ? Post yours in the comments below!

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

That sounds nice dude :D
I don't want to lie so I'll tell the truth right away. I'm usually going to elektro for PVP. I don't know why I do this every time I'm geared but I just love the PVP aspect of the game. I hope you'll have luck with that ghillie!

Make everyone as miserable as possible

Kill every bambi I find

Betray anyone I come across

Eat beans

Axe hunt deer

Get a leather backpack

Kill more people

Kill people who try to help me

Kill more people

• Like 1

My goals? I don't think my goals can currently be safely accomplished because of the state of the game but after release i'm going to put an emphasis on getting a group of people I can communicate with IRL and pick/make a server that we only play on, set up a stronghold out in the middle of nowhere and start hoarding supplies, guns, ammo and vehicles there. Maybe try to get some kind of in server economy going using food as a currency and selling weapons and ammo.

My goals? I don't think my goals can currently be safely accomplished because of the state of the game but after release i'm going to put an emphasis on getting a group of people I can communicate with IRL and pick/make a server that we only play on, set up a stronghold out in the middle of nowhere and start hoarding supplies, guns, ammo and vehicles there. Maybe try to get some kind of in server economy going using food as a currency and selling weapons and ammo.

hopefully in the future there will be a way to not have server maintenance on private hives if you want it. Like so if you have your own private hive server you can choose for no maintenance so that your gear in tents and stuff wont get reset. It would be even cooler if you could play a private server on the public hive, that way if you go and die on a public server, you can just go to the tents of the private server and re-gear in three seconds.

My over all 1# goal is to do every thing I can to keep my avatar alive, healthy, reasonbly geared and just have fun for as long as posible. If I get sick, shoot or mamed I do everything I can to recover my avatar. I try vary hard not to let my avatar die, thats my game. PvP is something I do when either someone gets in  my way or presents a threat to me. Or I just want to find trouble. When I go into pvp I go in it with the mindset I am going to do everything I can to stay alive, keep my team mates alive and shoot the hostiles. But really my dayz game is not all about shooting other players at all, I spend much of my time going on adventures, and dealing with challenged that my avatar is faced with. I really dont care if I shoot anyone, it just seems to happen, even when I dont want it too. So I deal with it is quickly and effectivly when it presents it self. It part of the game.

Edited by CJFlint

Survive long enough to find heli crash sites without actively searching for them. Even when the loot is so so, that rush when you see the smoke, and the uncertainty about what you'll find is awesome.

Often, when I spawn in as a freshie, I tell myself I'm going to use a certain weapon, or dress a certain way, or adopt a different playstyle for that life. For me, this helps keep the game fresh. Always trying to gear out as bad ass as possible gets boring.

Fucked up the quote. High at the dentist. Get over it.

It would be even cooler if you could play a private server on the public hive, that way if you go and die on a public server, you can just go to the tents of the private server and re-gear in three seconds

God why? Being able to do this on the massive public hive is bad enough. But you want to have completely protected loot havens where people can hoard mil spec kits so they never have to take breaks from commando mode? FML this community.

Also, by definition, private servers are completely separate from public servers. What you are referring to is "white listed" or "locked" servers.

• Like 1

My goals:

1. Have fun.
  2. Survive.
  3. Handcuff someone. Build a fire under them. Watch them burn to death.
  4. If it's ever implemented for zombies, same as #3 but with zombies.
  5. Find a chainsaw and deforest an entire town or mountain or something.
  6. Pray the devs implement dismemberment so I can rip someone's arms off and beat them to death with it. Then maybe eat them.
  7. Pray the devs implement dismemberment so I can rip someone's arms off and force feed it to them.
  8. Avoid hackers.
  9. Find a sword and a grenade and then find a rabbit and reenact the holy hand grenade scene.

I set a goal for myself nearly a year ago to do a complete overhaul all of the location-related pages on the wiki. Nearly 700 hours later, I've basically met that goal and crawled every inch of the map a hundred times over in the process.

This year's goal will be to overhaul.... everything else.

Ultimately, I want to be able to say that I helped compile a definitive resource that has all the answers (and more) to any question you could ask about this game. I've got some really good ideas of my own brewing as well that will probably begin to see the light of day over the holidays :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I want to shoot every zombie on map. I want hundred zombies in every town. I want to wait hidden at Elektro and when I see player sneaking trough city to trow granade and aggro all zombies on him.

My goals:

*snip*

1. Pray the devs implement dismemberment so I can rip someone's arms off and beat them to death with it. Then maybe eat them.
  2. Pray the devs implement dismemberment so I can rip someone's arms off and force feed it to them.

*snip*

Unfortunately, I do not believe the game engine will ever support dismemberment. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I play a sort of stealthy hermit.

1PP, low pop, cut random paths across the map, hope something random happens, that is fun.

I find the PvP exciting but it's not the primary reason I log in.

I haven't gone to the military areas in a long time, especially with the addition of more towns in the North.

I haven't done a heli specific run since the mod, when you could reliably track and loot them for specific gear.

I've heard they are reliably visible now in .52 so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for smoke....

The more development progresses the more our play styles will change as well (I hope).

Edited by BioHaze

Kill as many people as I can!

It would be even cooler if you could play a private server on the public hive, that way if you go and die on a public server, you can just go to the tents of the private server and re-gear in three seconds.

That is the absolute most terrible suggestion I've ever heard. This sort of moral bankrupcy should not be tolerated in DayZ. It's even lower than server hopping, since hopping still means you have to go and find the stuff. I'm sorry, but you're getting the Billy Madison treatment for this.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I do not believe the game engine will ever support dismemberment. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I play a sort of stealthy hermit.

1PP, low pop, cut random paths across the map, hope something random happens, that is fun.

I find the PvP exciting but it's not the primary reason I log in.

I haven't gone to the military areas in a long time, especially with the addition of more towns in the North.

I haven't done a heli specific run since the mod, when you could reliably track and loot them for specific gear.

I've heard they are reliably visible now in .52 so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for smoke....

The more development progresses the more our play styles will change as well (I hope).

I don't know if you knew this but the devs are working on making a brand new, never before seen engine to put into DayZ, that will lead to more possibility's, easier optimization, and different ways to play the game!

I don't know if you knew this but the devs are working on making a brand new, never before seen engine to put into DayZ, that will lead to more possibility's, easier optimization, and different ways to play the game!

Errr no they are not.

Errr no they are not.

Yes they are. We do not need your false arguments. This is one of the MANY topics, articles, videos, posts about their new engine which was confirmed a longgg time ago. http://www.ibtimes.com/dayz-standalone-updates-new-engine-new-server-more-1615812

What you had just said is like saying "they aren't adding in a V3S" whenever it had already.. clearly been stated that they were going to be added to the game (I'm talking about before the V3S was actually added into experimental)

Yes they are. We do not need your false arguments. This is one of the MANY topics, articles, videos, posts about their new engine which was confirmed a longgg time ago. http://www.ibtimes.com/dayz-standalone-updates-new-engine-new-server-more-1615812

What you had just said is like saying "they aren't adding in a V3S" whenever it had already.. clearly been stated that they were going to be added to the game (I'm talking about before the V3S was actually added into experimental)

Old quote !

We will see buddy. Watch this space

Survive? I usually take regular equipment (Taloon, Mosin, Splitting Axe, Hoodie, Beanie, Jeans, Boots, Matches, Improvised Knife, Ammo and a Water Bottle), then I get a tent and head to the woods, hunt a lot of game and make a fire. Then go to town to kill zombies and bandits and gather some more ammunition

My goal is completely dependent on the game. If I can get onto an experimental server where food and inventory in hard to come by, my goal is to get kitted out, and then collect as much food as I can. I then open the food and place it in vests, cargo pants of military shirts and head for the coast. Any bambis I come across get a free bit of clothing full of food and advice to head inland ASAP. When I run run out, I head back north and stock up again. Killing those who get greedy or make it their goal to take out bambis is an added bonus. But in general most of those I come across on the coast are quite greatful for both the food and a piece of high capacity clothing to store their meager finds in.

HOWEVER

If I and stuck on stable where the food is literally everywhere and ammo is too plentiful to take it all, I get bored very fast and end up taking up a strategic position with my mosin and shooting those raidig high loot places. Hell on these kind of servers you will be fully geared again in an hour or so anyway so what is the big loss?

Sinds the last 0.52 update the difference between stable and experimental has becomed rather blurred for me. I find it hard to know exactly what kind of server I am on by anything other than the charator that spawns. I have one guy who is completely geared and with enough food for an entire clan while the other one has next to nothing and is living on berries and apples. Sadly when a server resets there is no way to find out which server you were last playing on. My history list is so full as to be useless. If only there was a button to sort it chronologically or better yet wipe it clean from time to time.

Fish

Goals?

-Don't starve

-Find a cool hat

-Creep up on zombies (like a ninja) and execute a stealth take-down

-Find someone who doesn't seem like a jerk, use a silly accent

-Hide every gun I find out in the woods

-Die, respawn, repeat

Goals:

1. Stick as close to "Civilian" only gear and weapons as possible, save an assault vest (for the space ofcoarse.)

2. Work on being more stealthy/tactful when moving around high-transit areas.

3. Avoid going within 600m+ of Military bases or airfields.

4. Try to avoid killing someone on sight, and making an attempt once again at being "Social"...

5. Find some persistent storage to stock up on needful things.