Psyuto

Zombie Agro

So I know zombies agroing from a mile out is a known issue. Also, I didnt see any active topics on this. Is there any idea on when this will be fixed or what the priority of it is? How can we promote this to make it higher priority? 

I cant even hide in a bush and scout a location without pulling zombies which defeats the point of hiding....

I believe they said the AI sensors were already ready and they were waiting on the new zombies from the animation team a few weeks back. The new sensors will also lead to very large performance increases on the server side (not client performance) allowing for more players, entites, loot whatever really.

That is bull-feces, they can see me crawling from like 25 [m] when they're looking in the other direction

PS: sometimes...

To me the really annoying thing is that even if you use the "slow walk" speed when you approach a zombie from behind, they still freaking hear you when you are like 12 feet away.

It's so annoying how broken they still are.    I also love how when I ran into the police station when I first loaded the new patch two zombies followed me and both of them walked right through the fucking door on the roof of the police station.

I'm so sick of these patches that fix nothing that matters.

I think the zombie improvements were 'scheduled' for Q1 on the road map.  So if all goes well it should be here in the next couple of months.

The AI for them is bare bones. There is a really good Youtube video on it.

This video is 8 months old and OP, are you saying a zed can see you from 1.6km away?

This video is 8 months old and OP, are you saying a zed can see you from 1.6km away?

All of its information is still relevant. Unless you have something to add?

• Like 1

Zombies are by far one of the bigger parts of the game , so it makes sense for them to still not be 100% complete even after a year .. Besides the laggy aspect and hawk eyes of the zombies I think they're doing good , especially with the announcement on the new roadmap of new zombie and animal ai coming in quarter 1 2015 :) . As frustrating as they can be the only thing we can do for now is adapt, and sometimes just ignore them all together when they are being too annoying ...I usually find any weapon I can and wipe out a whole town of Zeds before looting it so I don't have to deal with as many as I carelessly loot . :O !

So I know zombies agroing from a mile out is a known issue. Also, I didnt see any active topics on this. Is there any idea on when this will be fixed or what the priority of it is? How can we promote this to make it higher priority? 

I cant even hide in a bush and scout a location without pulling zombies which defeats the point of hiding....

First quarter talks about basic stealth system with zeds so i assume it will be addressed in these coming months. :)

If you are having problems with Zombies seeing you from a mile away, stop playing on servers that say public/veteran! You know how it says "veteran"? its because since zombies can see you from a mile away, veterans are the only people that would find it easy or still normal to play! I play on regular servers that don't have "veteran" in the title. I can run through electro and see 6 or 7 zombies on every block, and I'll only attract the ones on the street I'm running on. I can walk up to a zombie and hit him in the back of the head without him noticing. If you want Normal Zombies to play against, play on servers that do not say "Veteran" on the title.

Upon spawning fresh look at the ground, search for stones. You have found something! Take stone in hand, look at ground. Craft stone knife and voila a melee weapon.

That takes care of the problem. ;)

No seriously; yes they are buggy as hell. Some still phase through stuff, see you a mile away, server lag your gear away, trigger even when sneaking and we could go on and on.

It will get better in time! (Hope)

As for OP's statement; yes the aggro -that is what he wanted to discuss-(range, visibility, sound reaction, vicinity reaction) is not where it should be.

There have been times where that -aggro- eas better. So yes i agree with OP it is something that should be on a patch list fast.

They may keep there laggyness for the time being as far as im concerned if that means that they can fix the aggro.

How do you know all the information is still relevant?

How do you know all the information is still relevant?

Because I have been playing for the last year and they haven't updated zombie ai, only the nav-mesh. 

You seemed to have a contrary pointless post that questions the information I presented without adding anything of your own. Had I thought any of that information was out dated I would have explained it. So if you have something to add please feel free.

Edited by Judopunch

A long time ago, I was scouting a city with my Mosin + LRS.  I saw a zombie who must have been nearly 1200m away.  He turned around and started running for me.  This was nearly a year ago though.

A zombie went aggro on me from about 100 meters away, when I was in a building, behind a mostly boarded up window. Probably saw my head trough 2x2 cm uncovered hole.  I find it funny how zombies can aggro on you from insane distances, but when you run towards them with a melee weapon up, they only notice you when you get real close.

For the most part, I agree with you. That video is pretty accurate to what I've experienced, as I always sneak around town.

I a,m curious how they were able to confirm freshly re-spawned zombies for their testing though. Seems almost impossible to confirm.

For the most part, I agree with you. That video is pretty accurate to what I've experienced, as I always sneak around town.

I a,m curious how they were able to confirm freshly re-spawned zombies for their testing though. Seems almost impossible to confirm.

It becomes obvious if you hang around electro. If your on sniper hill your basically always fighting zombies off even if you have killed the first 10, they start chasing you from forever away.

It becomes obvious if you hang around electro. If your on sniper hill your basically always fighting zombies off even if you have killed the first 10, they start chasing you from forever away.

To be fair though, that's also assumptions. Albeit very safe assumptions.

Most times for me when they spawned in nearby, they were already facing me, which is why they saw me.

The only way to test it is to have a zombie spawn in, right on the spot where you see it pop in, then test the hearing/sight, etc

• Like 1