blacklabel79

Calling fellow gardeners...

So...

after the latest update i find myself looking for seeds and shovels to making a new plot like this setup:

garden_1.jpg

or on more freqented spots:

garden_2.jpg

i mean...its kind of romantic...

and it encourages teamplay:

garden_3.jpg

but as allways in dayZ..if you offer something for free...

garden_4.jpg

fertilizer..devs..plz..human guts spread over my tomatoes.

enjoi your fresh fruits..i will leave new ploys allover...peace

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 5

Does it work in the middle of the road or in buildings? I like blocking off roads by falling trees in them... would be hilarious to block roads by farming over them.

Question - what happens to a farm plot like that over time? Does it stay forever with persistence or does it just disappear after a while?

If you plan on extended horticulture you need to pick a good spot. Close to a watersource and close enough to attract visitors ( henche the fire..but eh..if visitors are your thing :D )

Tools degrade so for a 3x3 slot you need at least one tool in good condition. ( shovels and pickaxe. for some odd reason you can have booth in your inventory also keep in mind, if you have DRAGON fertilizer, use it after preparing the slot , than plant. )You also need water if it is not raining.

For now they perish upon sever restart wich is a shame.

Since you can carve out seeds, it a self suficent thing.. :D ( just beware of the crying farmer :P )

i set this up but WOBO´s server went down:

garden_5.jpg

there was a drybag full of fresh fruit in the middle too... :D

d1f521120f.jpg

Yes! This is what I do outside of Berezino. I have only been doing it on first person servers though. I did three giveaways yesterday lol

• Like 2

All we need now is corn, beans, potatoes and spinach and we can literally be self-sufficient!

• Like 2

This is all so great. I don't think I could have imagined doing something like this, say, back in April.

Now we need greater variety like Whyherro123 said, then we need the cooking mechanic to catch up to horticulture so we can put it all to good use ;)

Today I met a guy (almost not gear at all) that was growing some plants. He asked for some water, I told him I didn't have any, but I would go out to find some for him if he give me some vegetables. He agreed, so I went to Novo (closest town) to find some water bottles, filled them with water and went back to the farm. Saw the farmer handcuffed by a fully geared player, and saw him forcefeeding something to the farmer so I shot the guy and freed the farmer, he kept most of the dead bandit's gear and thanked for saving him and his farm. Was a pretty nice day

So...this does encourages to teamplay, can't wait to see full farms trading food for ammo in a future :D

• Like 11

Today I met a guy (almost not gear at all) that was growing some plants. He asked for some water, I told him I didn't have any, but I would go out to find some for him if he give me some vegetables. He agreed, so I went to Novo (closest town) to find some water bottles, filled them with water and went back to the farm. Saw the farmer handcuffed by a fully geared player, and saw him forcefeeding something to the farmer so I shot the guy and freed the farmer, he kept most of the dead bandit's gear and thanked for saving him and his farm. Was a pretty nice day

So...this does encourages to teamplay, can't wait to see full farms trading food for ammo in a future :D

Defend the farmers!

Yesterday, my brother and I were farming when two guys came along. They were friendly and we chit chatted. Next thing we knew we were being attacked by three people. In the end we teamed up and slaughtered them while defending our crops. Teamwork indeed.

Edited by Maia
  • Like 2

Farms have indeed improved player interaction. God Bless Farms...

• Like 1

We should form a farmers union.

Lol I love this or, some sort of Farmers Clan/Community. 

So ughh ... what kinda plants can we grow *cough cough wink wink*

Defend the farmers!

even if they laugh and cry insanly ?

ty btw :D

i had folks defending the farm with their life tho. :D

no weed yet :D

alas...fertilizer from weedplants should be used to fuel fires...and make folks dizzy.. :D thus making them easy meals...

Does anyone know how long it takes plants to grow?

around 5-10  minutes whithout fertilizer..seems faster if raining tho. You get minimum 3 seeds per fruit , thus making yourself living off the land in 10 minutes. AND its more healthy than human flesh...alas..not as fun.

serverrestarts killed my farm..den hol plz..

Lol I love this or, some sort of Farmers Clan/Community.

ye that be nice..but end up like...

garden_6.jpg

wink wink was in the arma 2 mod. Its going to be brought over eventually.

So...

after the latest update i find myself looking for seeds and shovels to making a new plot like this setup:

garden_1.jpg

or on more freqented spots:

garden_2.jpg

i mean...its kind of romantic...

and it encourages teamplay:

garden_3.jpg

but as allways in dayZ..if you offer something for free...

garden_4.jpg

fertilizer..devs..plz..human guts spread over my tomatoes.

enjoi your fresh fruits..i will leave new ploys allover...peace

I think my zucchini just orgasm'd.....

That is fucking awesome!

These are the things you'll remember about DayZ which also make it a great game.

So I grew 9 green pepper plants, harvested one and was going to let the other plants sit ripened for a bit. After an hour or so, the plants were no longer there... they just disappeared. Server wasn't restarted I believe. Does anyone know if the plants "waste away" if not picked in time?

24cd98936d.jpg

We set up another garden-giveaway last night. Had one server reset on us before we could really get started. The second server though, we came across one fully geared guy who was friendly and took some food. 

55f76c61f5.jpg

Then these three guys showed up. They were friendly for about an hour I'd say. We had a fire, cooked some deer meat, wiggled a bit, and had a couple boxing matches. Then the guy with the shovel and the guy with his gun out decided they were done for the night so they slaughtered my brother, green-backpack guy, myself, and another fresh spawn that happened by at the wrong time. And to think the guy with the shovel dared to call himself "Farmer Joe."

Please tell me pumpkins are more nutritious than those damned tomatoes

oh they are.In fact i think they are the best of the 3.but they fill you up quickly so 2 in a row and not more. :D

oh they are.In fact i think they are the best of the 3.but they fill you up quickly so 2 in a row and not more. :D

1 slot per pumpkin?

2x2 per pumpkin. You eat 33% at a time. Eating a full pumpkin from yellow hungry will get you dark green energized and stuffed.