treetop82

shaking like crazy, cant stop

Can confirm the solution is to remain dry and warm for a short period of time, usually with the use of a campfire.

I had shaking real bad, no solved with painkillers, splints etc etc. Made a campfire in a building, lit it, and sat there for about 10 minutes while I read this thread and a few others. Alt-tabed back over to Dayz and problem was solved.

Can confirm the solution is to remain dry and warm for a short period of time, usually with the use of a campfire.

I had shaking real bad, no solved with painkillers, splints etc etc. Made a campfire in a building, lit it, and sat there for about 10 minutes while I read this thread and a few others. Alt-tabed back over to Dayz and problem was solved.

To prevent freezing in the future, consider warmer clothing too. Wool coats or down jackets. As this is the christmas update, i am certain they set the ingame month to december again,

Also keep in mind that the "Cold" status is not telling you that your character is freezing, but has a low body temperature. It's a medical indicator. You can totally freeze without "Cold" status, thats not bugged.

Also try to restrict yourself drinking from streams. Only do it if you absolutely must, drink form wells so you don't get your clothes wet. 

I think I saw a thread awhile ago, but my guy quivers, I mean really shakes, so bad that he cant look through any optics without them jumping all over the screen, im not cold, in any pain or anything like that. anyone care to explain?

You are either sick (flu) or you have something broken.

You need to light a fire preferably inside and sit by it for a while depending on how bad the shakes are. One of my characters has to sit for 45+ minutes, make sure you wringe all you wet clothes out to speed up the process.

I think I saw a thread awhile ago, but my guy quivers, I mean really shakes, so bad that he cant look through any optics without them jumping all over the screen, im not cold, in any pain or anything like that. anyone care to explain?

Find a thermometer and use it.

Although you dont have tekst saying that you are cold you probably are. Around 35 degrees celcius is my guess.

I am also suffering from this affliction... trying look look through binoculars was a freaking nightmare...

My friends said antibiotics cause my character could be sick (despite it not stating this) and I also applied splint incase of phantom break. This seems to have reduced the jitters substantially but not eliminated them.

I am going to keeping pumping the antibiotics to see if this fixes the issue.

I have also heard that starting a fire and warming your character sometimes resolves this as well.

Hope that helps

It's a minor bug. You are feeling cold although your status doesn't show it. The only cure is a campfire. Be patient, it'll take 5-15 mins to remove the hand shiver.

Trust me, it happened to me many times.

You're cold but not getting any notifications about it.  If you can find a thermometer you'll see that you're 35c, you need to get it over 36.5c then you'll stop shaking (I think 37 is normal).  If you cannot find a thermometer try sprinting for a long time, if you don't overheat then it's definitely a cold issue.  Start a fire and sit next to it and make sure you see the "I am warming up" notifications.  If you don't see them then move your position a little, once you find the spot - stay there.   Also very important to wring out your damp clothes until there's no option anymore (just "Inspect").  Or even better change your clothes completely - because it could take you twice as long to warm up.  Depending on how cold you are (35c or 35.5c) it could take you 15 minutes or 25 minutes of boredom and waiting to cure yourself.   If you don't have a thermometer while warming up check your scope every 10 minutes, you should see the shakes get incrementally better.  Just be patient until they are gone completely.

Hello all,

My character is at full health and, as mentioned in the title, is shaking constantly when I aim guns or binoculars.  I'm not cold or wet.  It isn't raining.  No status indicators saying anything negative at all. Hydrated, energized, and healthy.  

PERHAPS I broke an arm from a zed a while back since I've been a live a couple days but I don't have any indicators...thought hours ago I saw something that said my arm hurts.  I used a makeshift stick and rag to make a splint and tried splinting myself but it isn't saying "I applied a splint" after many attempts.  Perhaps it won't apply the splint because I don't have a need for it?

All in all, why am I shaking so much when I aim.  I'm a veteran player and haven't really had shaking like this before.  Game/ settings/ etc are all fine...maybe I need an auto injector?

What gives?  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Possible causes include but are not limited to.

Generic Pain without message > find/eat painkillers.

Cold without message > make fire.

And yes, Morphine wouldn't hurt > that pun.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

There's a bug where you are cold but the indicators don't tell you. Build a fire, sit and think about what you've done for 10 or 15 minutes and you should be good.

In regards to not being able to splint I have never heard that and as far as I know you can do it even without a fracture? Can anyone confirm this? 

Yeah, the game's currently messed up like the guy above mentioned. Like he said, sit next to a fire for a while. As far as the splint bug, there's currently another bug that prevents you from completing certain actions. "Eat All", "Drink All", crafting and performing actions on others sometimes don't work in the current patch.

To fix that: put the item you want to use in your hands, then press F11 to initiate the "suicide" emote. After the emote has begun, immediately perform the action you were trying to complete. It will instantly complete, but you'll still have to sit through the rest of the emote. When you get good at it, use F2 instead. It's a faster emote and achieves the same thing.

Good luck.

• Like 1

There's a bug where you are cold but the indicators don't tell you. Build a fire, sit and think about what you've done for 10 or 15 minutes and you should be good.

In regards to not being able to splint I have never heard that and as far as I know you can do it even without a fracture? Can anyone confirm this? 

As previous post mentioned and I've posted in few similar threads. Your character is most likey freezing although the cold status isn't appearing in your status tab.The cold status will appear once your body temperature is under 35.5 or something very close.  Your temperature is most likely between 35 and 36 degrees right now. Getting rid of this, keep running for longer period or make a campfire or why not even three to fasten this procedure and stand next to them. Once your body temperature is above 36 degrees, the shaking will automatically go away.

In other rare cases when your aim is shaking, or more of a weapon sway while scoping and zooming in (even after getting your breath back). You might have been hit by a zombie and gotten a fractured/broken limb without the game reconizing it or showing it in the status tab. In this case, use a morphine injector or even make it easier. Make a split with rags and wooden sticks, use it and it should remove the weaponsway.

Hello all,

My character is at full health and, as mentioned in the title, is shaking constantly when I aim guns or binoculars.  I'm not cold or wet.  It isn't raining.  No status indicators saying anything negative at all. Hydrated, energized, and healthy.  

PERHAPS I broke an arm from a zed a while back since I've been a live a couple days but I don't have any indicators...thought hours ago I saw something that said my arm hurts.  I used a makeshift stick and rag to make a splint and tried splinting myself but it isn't saying "I applied a splint" after many attempts.  Perhaps it won't apply the splint because I don't have a need for it?

All in all, why am I shaking so much when I aim.  I'm a veteran player and haven't really had shaking like this before.  Game/ settings/ etc are all fine...maybe I need an auto injector?

What gives?  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

This will fix the problem, go craft a splint, then find painkillers, then go in the woods and make a fire. While the fire is burning I want you to eat the painkillers and use the splint. Then sit and wait for 5 minutes and all of the shaking should be gone!

In my opinion not having the indicators enhances the game.  Shaking should be enough notification that your character is cold.  I'm all for removing status messages out of the game entirely.

• Like 3

In my opinion not having the indicators enhances the game.  Shaking should be enough notification that your character is cold.  I'm all for removing status messages out of the game entirely.

Me to if they come up with something good to indicate what your needs are. Instead of a message telling you that your stomach grumbles violently. Play a sound where the stomach actually does that. Cold, well as you said. Shaking should be enough. The tricky thing is hydration. One cool thing would be so that when you talk, depending on how thirsty you are, your voice sounds more and more dry. But that is not enough. Sorry. Going of-topic here

This will fix the problem, go craft a splint, then find painkillers, then go in the woods and make a fire. While the fire is burning I want you to eat the painkillers and use the splint. Then sit and wait for 5 minutes and all of the shaking should be gone!

Thanks for the reply, however the problem is that I already have a splint and it won't let me use the splint. I see the animation and I start applying the splint but it never "finishes" and says that it has been applied and the splint just remains in my hands.

weird

Thanks for the reply, however the problem is that I already have a splint and it won't let me use the splint. I see the animation and I start applying the splint but it never "finishes" and says that it has been applied and the splint just remains in my hands.

weird

Try other servers, most likely the issue. A few weeks back I was with a couple of buddies and we were in a building second floor and my leg suddenly broke. We all tried to craft a splint, and apply. Nothing, I had to server hop a couple of times to apply it.

weird

This my friend is the server that you are on and/or your connection. Play on a different server or any server by now, and use the splint. I believe that the reason it never 'used' the splint was because of a high ping/ Desync/ etc.

So, i recently noticed that my character has started to shake and continues to shake even though I am not cold or low on blood. I have also tried painkillers and that did not work. Its the same type of shaking that occurs when you get cold but then the cold goes away and my character is stuck shaking until i die. Why is this? and is there a way it can be fixed or is this a glitch?

So, i recently noticed that my character has started to shake and continues to shake even though I am not cold or low on blood. I have also tried painkillers and that did not work. Its the same type of shaking that occurs when you get cold but then the cold goes away and my character is stuck shaking until i die. Why is this? and is there a way it can be fixed or is this a glitch?

You a cannibal?

The same thing is happening to me. Not even sitting by a fire for 30 minutes has fixed it and I've already tried the splints, painkillers, etc.

I came to find out what chaking meant.  B)

• Like 2