therandomredstone

Dayz Service Down / DDoS Attack

Waiting patiently for everything to be stable enough to play! It's nice to be kept up to date for a change ^^

• Like 1

DevLuv... that is hella cute!

Hang in there everyone, these things may take some time, but they're on it - and I love just taking a peek at the top of the forum and knowing exactly what's going on thanks to the new "Breaking News" advisory thingy :-)

Lots of DevLuv to y'all :D

could you share a link to this "breaking news" thing you speak of? till this is fixed im going to watch the law abiding citizen! :D

I just mean the red post on top, where right now it says that the service is down etc. I have no idea what to call it so for me it's my DayZ Exclusive Breaking News Live Ticker :P

Edited by Demonica

Hey DayZ Devs,

Why dont you guys check out http://blacklotus.net they are an Anti-DDoS Protection provider whitch have been in business for a long time and have been good enough to stop DDoS's that are over 700 GBPS

If you guys would use Blacklotus as Anti-DDoS protection provider, You guys would never get any of the related issues with ddosing anymore.

Just a suggestion.

It's nice to be kept up to date for a change ^^

Yes- coming from the games I have, this kind of open communication with the community is VERY MUCH appreciated. Those communities ruined that possibility from CONSTANTLY whining about everything- whether it was good or bad. Good wasn't good enough and bad- well... it was bad.  

Hope they get things back upright before they clock out on Friday afternoon...

• Like 1

It's the jealous H1Z1 fans for sure; I knew they'd be after pure Chernarussian blood at some point or another.

Edited by Geckofrog7

It's the jealous H1Z1 fans for sure; I knew they'd be after pure Chernarussian blood at some point or another.

Yes because im so jealous of playing both THIS game and H1Z1. >.>

Yes- coming from the games I have, this kind of open communication with the community is VERY MUCH appreciated. Those communities ruined that possibility from CONSTANTLY whining about everything- whether it was good or bad. Good wasn't good enough and bad- well... it was bad.  

Hope they get things back upright before they clock out on Friday afternoon...

Nothing good comes of coming onto a forum and whining about anything, so theres no point in doing anything but wait patiently :)

Heres hoping it's sorted soon though :P

• Like 4

I appreciate the information given out today, it's nice to know at least something.  I also like the devluv terminology.  devluv where devluv is devluvinately due!  When someone said devluv wave I pictured the wave at a Tigers game I visited at Tiger Stadium back in the 80's.  Good memories.  Go devs go.

• Like 1

Yes because im so jealous of playing both THIS game and H1Z1. >.>

Traitor... :P

I don't know, how likely is it that they clock out without the problem being resolved? I mean this is not entirely a regular 9-5 Job, right? Surely a small bunch of dedicated Hicksonians will try to come through for us... right? Pwease?

I mean if we give devluv, we get devluv back, at least I hope so. :(

Edited by Demonica

I don't know, how likely is it that they clock out without the problem being resolved? I mean this is not entirely a regular 9-5 Job, right? Surely a small bunch of dedicated Hicksonians will try to come through for us... right? Pwease?

You can't actually "fix" a DDoS attack if you don't have the infrastructure in place to do so. It is why I was so skeptical about all of this but whatever. People are free to believe whatever they want.

Traitor... :P

No i just don't find any reason to limit myself with just one game and one game alone lol.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Dean Hall is currently neutralizing the crooks involved in DDOSing the DayZ servers

NVPffSO.jpg

• Like 2

Dean Hall is currently neutralizing the crooks involved in DDOSing the DayZ servers

NVPffSO.jpg

This is some rather scary shit. Like even scarier than some horror movies. XD

why dont they throw out a quick update that just leads to a dead end. so that any users updating and logging in dont loose all their gear? or would that be too sensible

why dont they throw out a quick update that just leads to a dead end. so that any users updating and logging in dont loose all their gear? or would that be too sensible

I don't think you have any idea how much work that would entail, particularly at a time when all available resources (read: very limited) need to be dedicated to getting things up and running properly.

I don't think you have any idea how much work that would entail, particularly at a time when all available resources (read: very limited) need to be dedicated to getting things up and running properly.

are you for real? It would take 1 line of code, just take the current 0.52 release and add in the code for "Connect to servers = NO" 

are you for real? It would take 1 line of code, just take the current 0.52 release and add in the code for "Connect to servers = NO" 

You know nothing about the update process, you've made that abundantly clear.

• Like 3

I've no issue with servers being down but I do think dayz over-relies on a centralised architecture. For instance, there's very little reason for private shards to connect to the central hive servers at all. Yet it's designed that way. Similarly, I'm a bit dubious on the idea of a centralised loot economy. It is kind of ironic how soviet an idea that is though.

You can't actually "fix" a DDoS attack if you don't have the infrastructure in place to do so. It is why I was so skeptical about all of this but whatever. People are free to believe whatever they want.

I was more thinking of it as "resolving" the problem, not "fixing" it. I kinda guessed there was a difference  :)  I guess you helped me piece a bit more knowledge together. So thank you for that.

http://map.ipviking.com/ says hitting st louis. is that where dayz is based out of or something? How do we know for sure that this website is displaying the attack on dayz servers and not something else

Hit the i button on that page and it explains how it works. Also if you hover over a specific country it will keep the specific "laser" beam up to see where attacks are coming from or going to. A neat web-site!

That would involve writing whole new code and that could take hours. Better to focus their time on stopping the attacks I would think. 

Hit the i button on that page and it explains how it works. Also if you hover over a specific country it will keep the specific "laser" beam up to see where attacks are coming from or going to. A neat web-site!

It is very pretty and makes a nice screen saver but does not relate to the situation at hand.

If anybody happens to have a line of code lying around to save the day I will send it promptly to the engineer.

• Like 1

I think there may be a syntax error in there.