SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

did anyone try that new item "cooking tripod" or what its called? and did anybody tried if gas stove is fixed?

did anyone try that new item "cooking tripod" or what its called? and did anybody tried if gas stove is fixed?

I tried use tripod and it is did not work.

• Like 1

my character got resetted ... don't know why but i sure did not die ! i was near the north edge of the map over tisy with my aug :(

is it me or are all the servers down?

Nope, it's not you, they're all down.

Nope, it's not you, they're all down.

They're maybe shutting them down again due to both branches being on the same version again.

• Like 1

Servers are down for the new update to roll out to stable.

• Like 2

Seemingly yes. Not a single one showing up for me :-( Oh grrr.

Seemingly yes. Not a single one showing up for me :-( Oh grrr.

Not strange since they are uploading 0,52 to stable:)

Why would Spear-A-Mental be down since it's already .52?

Lol, just barely got that ... But they are down because this patch will be on Stable in an hour or so , so they don't wanna keep up experimental servers ... My guess though is that well be able to use experimental characters if it's the same build as the exp .52 ... But on the other hand it could just be like normal and be an updated.52 and we won't be able to use our old exp characters ... Either way , it's going stable so I guess I don't mind if I gotta start again :0!

• Like 1

has anyone actually woken up from dyhydration?

I don't think it's possible, but if someone has anything to say otherwise feel free to correct me. It's my understanding that your hydration levels would need to go up in order for you to regain consciousness, which wouldn't be possible without help from another person.

Why would Spear-A-Mental be down since it's already .52?

Most likely just going to take them offline since there won't be an Experimental build. Orrrr... they're uploading the "old" build that they teased us with earlier this week.

Whats the normal amount of time between a patch going on experimental to then going on stable?

The last few (0.49, 0.50, 0.51) were about a month. 0.52 is an exception to the rule.

How does the cooking tripod work? I made a fireplace and expected to be able to drag it into it but nothing happened. Any ideas?

How does the cooking tripod work? I made a fireplace and expected to be able to drag it into it but nothing happened. Any ideas?

Does it have a pot attached to the legs already ? My guess was Maybe we have to attach a cooking pot then place it over a fire but I haven't seen one yet to see If it does .... It's probably bugged though :( .

Not strange since they are uploading 0,52 to stable:)

Sorry, it seems I'm not quite awake yet, so I completely overlooked the big red post saying "Servers are down." Duh... Haven't been around for awhile and didn't have time to get up to speed, was also confused by it being Friday and not Wednesday... Well, all the more time to be excited for when I finally can play again :-)

Edited by Demonica

The pictures from the game files only show the tripod in use on the fire with stones around it so i think it only works with the upgraded fireplace.

They could've added upgrading fireplaces and no one noticed yet, try adding (8?) stones to the fire then the tripod.

VXFP23O.jpg

• Like 1

The pictures from the game files only show the tripod in use on the fire with stones around it so i think it only works with the upgraded fireplace.

They could've added upgrading fireplaces and no one noticed yet, try adding (8?) stones to the fire then the tripod.

VXFP23O.jpg

My friend try adding stones. It is doest not work too.

• Like 1

Anyone else check SteamDB? The last update was about 4 hours ago, but what intrigues me is that "experimentalprep" doesn't match what's currently on experimental. "productionprep" doesn't match what's on Stable or Experimental right now, either, nor does it match "experimentalprep." Are we getting a new Experimental build today, I wonder?