Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

Where are the military tents?!

Ok so ive server hopped 20+ fresh restart servers at north west airfield and check the barracks that looks like tubes, but I have yet to find a military tent.. Is there a smarter or faster way to find them? What time would the server be at to spawn military tent?

Please help

^ Don't server hop. Servers hoppers are just as bad as dupers or hackers or exploiters of any kind in my opinion :l

Dont server hop.

Officers Barracks. Not regular barracks.

No I mean the barracks that are green and look like tubes (theres one at the tents)

And wow are you serious, there are 4 places on this whole map where they spawn and you expect me not to server hop?

• Like 2

Yep found mine on a first person server , in the officers barracks too ! She was just sitting there at the first top bunk closest to the entrance / little window :) .

Till it's alpha and tents are rare I think server hopping for a tent makes sense.

PS I've found my tent pitched just outside officer barrack (tube) - someone didn't want to switch his backpack. :D

• Like 1

Dont server hop.

Officers Barracks. Not regular barracks.

Officer barracks? Pic?

Well I know where it is, but why is it not where it's suppose to be?!  > :(

Edited by ManInTheWall

stop looking for the tent...trust me...the game knows you want one lol

Start looking for a scope or something then ul find it :P

I didn't know there was one at NWA, where abouts is that one, I saw the one in tent city in western woods earlier. you could run there from NWA to increase chances per hop by 50%. If you don't mind hopping that's cool, but I think it takes away from the achievement of finding something..I cant server hop...found me a nice private hive today :)

• Like 1

I've feeling military tents spawn is buged at the moment - I've only found 1 and it was after 'hard reset' on wednesday when the server was up. 

I gave up finding big tent. Tents will be wipe at every Wednesday and you can not pack up all 252slots items and tents on your shoulder...so.....I rather wait until persistence work well. 

Server hopping is bad for your health...

It's either server hopping or running 5km back and forth for that tiny little chance to find it at the new military tent's location, and I think you know which is gonna be anyone's choice.. :)

My bad, it's only THREE spawnpoints for this tent..

It's either server hopping or running 5km back and forth for that tiny little chance to find it at the new military tent's location, and I think you know which is gonna be anyone's choice.. :)

My bad, it's only THREE spawnpoints for this tent..

Its never 5km from NWA to that new tent city place.......is it??

Iv always found that a nice little run, the dirt road for it ends to the west or vybor right? Well I can see vybor from nwa and the road aint aint that long haha

Get them legs goin man :)

With the game in its current state, lacking effective means of transportation, I don't see an issue with light server hoping.  We are testing items, you can't experience the item until you find the item.

• Like 1

Its never 5km from NWA to that new tent city place.......is it??

Iv always found that a nice little run, the dirt road for it ends to the west or vybor right? Well I can see vybor from nwa and the road aint aint that long haha

Get them legs goin man :)

It's a waste of time my man, especially since there's probably not going to be a tent there either..

And yea it's 5km, prob 6 if you follow the roads 

With the game in its current state, lacking effective means of transportation, I don't see an issue with light server hoping.  We are testing items, you can't experience the item until you find the item.

I see your point, but the op's 20 hops in a night dosent qualify as light hopping IMO lol

It's a waste of time my man, especially since there's probably not going to be a tent there either..

And yea it's 5km, prob 6 if you follow the roads 

Wow that's a big distance compared to how quick it gets traversed. Trust me though its <10mins that run....wouldn't that be about right to negate your hop timer ? I don't follow roads so much, I aim for vybor (the west side where that mound covered in trees is)  then head west with a touch of south and pick up the dirt road that leads there. TBH I do know that area well, was one of my mod campsites around there....devs messed that one up with tent city tho lol

• Like 1

Checking the two officer barracks per server. max 2 min.

Running between new tent site and NWAF ~20 min. 

Idc what you say, server hopping is the way to go when you only wanna find 1 thing bro.

• Like 1

Well it's apparently an officers tent !

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Officer's_Tent

Thank you for posting that! I work too damn hard compiling info/pics for the wiki for it not to get used as a reference :P

Edited by Tatanko

I see your point, but the op's 20 hops in a night dosent qualify as light hopping IMO lol

That is a good point, but I recall leaping furiously to get a chance to try out the AKM when it first dropped.  I logged on exclusively to get my hands on one!