boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

Are Helicopter crash sites still invisible, I am yet to find one, i actually went to all the spawns yesterday, now as you could imagine thats a lot of time wasted.

Not on non-persistent servers.  Found 2 last night (see link)

http://redd.it/2oypss

My DayZ crashes once every 30 minutes in average. Somtimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 1 hour.

Anyone else experiencing this!? Really annoying to play :( Usually happends when I'm inside a house or close to a car.

Also once it happend inside a house, and when I got in again my character was 10 meters away from the house when a sudden broken leg.. which I had to patch up!! Damn it still hurts.

Yes, CTD all the time. Sometimes maybe each 30 min or so, other times maybe 1 hour or 2. Before this my Dayz have not crashed once since MAY 2014.

The strange part is that me and my friend who i play with freeze up and crash at the same time . Now and then one of us don't CTD but the other one experience a minor 2 sec. freeze in the game.

Edited by aasand

Funnily enough, me and my friend both CTD at exactly the same time a few days ago.  Logged back into the server and I crashed again 5 minutes later, but he did not.

Yes, the problem seems to be server side. Since everytime I freeze, or 9 times out of 10, my character doesn't spawn on the same place, it's about where my character was 10 seconds ago, also when I was on 2nd floor, I respawned downstairs and got the damage as if I fell down the same height. Maybe it's an error while trying to save the character(s)?

• Like 1

My DayZ crashes once every 30 minutes in average. Somtimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 1 hour.

Anyone else experiencing this!? Really annoying to play :( Usually happends when I'm inside a house or close to a car.

Also once it happend inside a house, and when I got in again my character was 10 meters away from the house when a sudden broken leg.. which I had to patch up!! Damn it still hurts.

I have the exact same problem mine crashes after 30-60 mins sometimes after 5 mins. I was playing perfectly on 0.50 and now its becoming nearly unplayable. Any logs I can provide to help? Thanks

I have the exact same problem mine crashes after 30-60 mins sometimes after 5 mins. I was playing perfectly on 0.50 and now its becoming nearly unplayable. Any logs I can provide to help? Thanks

All you can do is restart steam and validate files :( sorry for you 5 guys that are experiencing it lol ... Whenever this happens to my friend he validates his Files and restarts steam ... This really isn't something new though people , and certainly isn't a game breakin bug like you guys and 1337 seem to think ... As there are ways around it and it doesn't happen to everyone !

Revalidating game files doesnt do shit, the game crashes once in a while anyways.

I ask because of the 3 of us my buddy is the only one who heard it...  until we got close to him.  Since there was only one other player on the server apparently he MUST have tasted the forbidden flesh.  From my 1st hand experience it appeared that the sounds were coming from my buddy's player as if it has "attached" to him.

EDIT:  Forgot to say that he/we still heard the sounds even after the other player left the server.  Thus, why I use the term "attached".

Perhaps your buddy is keeping secrets from you? I would sleep with one eye open, from now on!!!

Revalidating game files doesnt do shit, the game crashes once in a while anyways.

Then patience is your only answer I'm afraid my friend :( until somebody comes up with a reason as to why it only happens to certain people on certain patches , my guess is it's just because things are constantly getting reworked and alpher and all ... But except for that one patch when everyone was ctd'ing every minute (vehicle patch I believe) my experience has been rather smooth , guess im lucky or just have great dayz karma ;) !

All you can do is restart steam and validate files :( sorry for you 5 guys that are experiencing it lol ... Whenever this happens to my friend he validates his Files and restarts steam ... This really isn't something new though people , and certainly isn't a game breakin bug like you guys and 1337 seem to think ... As there are ways around it and it doesn't happen to everyone !

This is probably the most ignorant and dumb post I've read in awhile. I'm not sure if you're trying to troll or if you're just genuinely a dolt.

Validating files only fixes files that are corrupt in the DayZ game folder. DayZ isn't magically going corrupt for everyone, that's not how computers work - it's the released Stable game code is broken. Dozens of people were complaining about it in the experimental thread and there are tons of people still posting about it in this thread (go read from page 1). This is completely new problem as of this patch. Just because you have one friend with a shitty computer that tries to play DayZ doesn't mean you know everything about crashes. If you've been paying attention to the process of the last patch, at all, whatsoever, you'd have noticed that tons of people (not just a handful) are experiencing consistent crashes to the desktop, beginning with this patch. 

Just because you aren't experiencing the problem doesn't mean tons of other people are. Up until .48 or so, I never experienced game-breaking bugs that people talked about, but that doesn't mean I doubted their existence. Ever since then it's been legs constantly breaking on 2nd level floors, character data getting corrupted upon joining servers, hackers - and as of the last patch, crashing to the desktop. I guess my crappy GTX 980, 16gb RAM, i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz, and 850 SSD Pro isn't enough for this game - though it plays everything else perfectly stable...

Edited by t1337Dude

This is probably the most ignorant and dumb post I've read in awhile. I'm not sure if you're trying to troll or if you're just genuinely a dolt.

You don't use the Internet much, do you? If so, your standards are awfully, awfully low.

If you're experiencing crashes, there's not much point complaining about it here. If you want to have it resolved head on over to feedback.dayzgame.com

You might also want to read this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/

Edited by Accolyte
  • Like 2

If you're experiencing crashes, there's not much point complaining about it here. If you want to have it resolved head on over to feedback.dayzgame.com

You might also want to read this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/

Bud you know how many reports I put in on that site? All we get from that site is a message saying "Thanks for the report it will be looked into" 

These crashes have been going on for months and every patch it gets worse and worse. Nothing is getting fixed.

I know it's your job as a forum mod to post these messages but they don't do anything but make people more frustrated.

Bud you know how many reports I put in on that site? All we get from that site is a message saying "Thanks for the report it will be looked into" 

These crashes have been going on for months and every patch it gets worse and worse. Nothing is getting fixed.

I know it's your job as a forum mod to post these messages but they don't do anything but make people more frustrated.

You are wrong. A lot of crashes are dependant on different hadware/software configurations. The crash you are experiencing might be caused by something completely different than someone else's crash. The more data you send in for analysis the more possible issues are discovered. Just because you don't hear back on the progress it doesn't mean your information is being ignored. It might just be a symptom of some issue that needs to be worked on.

Bottom line is, you can never do anything wrong by sending in the reports. Complaining about it here however is pointless since no one on here can anything about it apart from suggesting you validate the game cache or remove launch parameters.

• Like 6

Well , the next patch well be better for you Guys im sure , hang in there 1337 and all those other heads getting mad over these things ! I , on the other hand , can't wait to get on tonight after work :) !

I have been reading these forums for months and months (stable and exp both, I always stay current on them) and just today decided to create an account and post.

I have played this game since early 2014 and I play it regularly, I always opt into exp when it is online and find that I have more fun there than stable.

I play this game with many, many, many friends all at different times and all with different rigs of course, and I will have to say that I have never had any CTD's at all in this game until .51 exp and those crashes still continue and exist in .51 stable.

I will have to agree that there is something in this build that isn't right as all of my friends randomly crash as well, every single one of them with this build.  I also have to say that is is something server side causing some of those crashes as many, many times in this build, 2-3 of us all crash at the EXACT same time.

I also noticed something else 2 nights ago, one friend took a steam screenshot using F12 and at the time he did the screenshot, my game crashed, it was exact timing of the screenshot, which was proven by where I was and my stance in the screenshot.

I am well aware of the bugtracker and how to submit bugs and I have submitted in the past, so I am not here to complain or looking for help on how to fix the crashes.

I am simply here posting so that people here stop giving folks such a hard time about complaining about this specific release in relation to CTD, as something for sure isn't right with this build and it isn't just a few random shitty or bad pc's crashing.  Based on what I have read on exp and stable .51 discussions, as well as me and all the people I know that play, it is a very, very large group of players that are randomly CTD with this release.

I am simply here posting so that people here stop giving folks such a hard time about complaining about this specific release in relation to CTD, as something for sure isn't right with this build and it isn't just a few random shitty or bad pc's crashing.  Based on what I have read on exp and stable .51 discussions, as well as me and all the people I know that play, it is a very, very large group of players that are randomly CTD with this release.

The problem is that a CTD is not the actual problem, but a symptom of it. There can be one thread on the forum saying "This patch crashes all the time, shit patch" with two replies to it: "Me too, shit patch" and "Same here, shit patch" and all three can be three totally different problems just with the same outcome. The OP might have an actual problem with the patch directly causing the crash, the second guy can have a corrupted C++ redist., and the third guy ran some Game booster to increase his FPS before.

Thats why it's highly recommended to report every crash-per-patch to the tracker including crashlog and dxdiag. The dev's cant see the problem when everyone just says "my game crashes". They need to see what causes it, as there are tons of possible reasons for a CTD to occour.

That's why i also dislike the term "random crashes", as they all have a reason.

• Like 3

The problem is that a CTD is not the actual problem, but a symptom of it. There can be one thread on the forum saying "This patch crashes all the time, shit patch" with two replies to it: "Me too, shit patch" and "Same here, shit patch" and all three can be three totally different problems just with the same outcome. The OP might have an actual problem with the patch directly causing the crash, the second guy can have a corrupted C++ redist., and the third guy ran some Game booster to increase his FPS before.

Thats why it's highly recommended to report every crash-per-patch to the tracker including crashlog and dxdiag. The dev's cant see the problem when everyone just says "my game crashes". They need to see what causes it, as there are tons of possible reasons for a CTD to occour.

That's why i also dislike the term "random crashes", as they all have a reason.

I 100% totally agree.  I guess I should have stated that I am a CIS major and worked in tech support for many many years in the past and have been a sysadmin and network admin now for many many years after tech support.  I am very well versed in computers and computer related issues and have been been in this career for many, many years with tons and tons of experience in it and all around it.  I am very well aware of the nuances of computers and how one simple thing (like a bad or corrupted driver) can wreak havoc on random things on a system.

I also guess I should have been more clear.  The reason I posted that was because I see people post things like Kush did here

sorry for you 5 guys that are experiencing it lol 

and it isn't just 5 guys experiencing the CTD's with this release.  Again, I have multiple friends, including myself, that have never CTD with this game at all after tons of different releases....until .51.  Just like 1337 said, go back and look at the exp discussion.  And I'm sure there are many many more in the community that aren't posting about their CTD.  I do know that I am the only one of every single person that I play with that checks these forums, and I play with a lot of folks that have CTD in this release, so you all haven't seen them post about it as the dont' have an account here.  Just as you didn't see me post about it in the exp discussion as I didn't have an account at that time and assumed that it would be fixed before moving to stable.

And I just posted to let folks know that there is something somewhere within this release that is causing a LARGE (larger than normal) portion of the dayz community to CTD and it isn't just a fluke or bad pc's, malware, etc etc.

Edited by TheBaddestAss
  • Like 1

I also guess I should have been more clear. The reason I posted that was because I see people post things like Kush did here

and it isn't just 5 guys experiencing the CTD's with this release. Again, I have multiple friends, including myself, that have never CTD with this game at all after tons of different releases....until .51. Just like 1337 said, go back and look at the exp discussion. And I'm sure there are many many more in the community that aren't posting about their CTD. I do know that I am the only one of every single person that I play with that checks these forums, and I play with a lot of folks that have CTD in this release, so you all haven't seen them post about it as the dont' have an account here. Just as you didn't see me post about it in the exp discussion as I didn't have an account at that time and assumed that it would be fixed before moving to stable.

And I just posted to let folks know that there is something somewhere within this release that is causing a LARGE (larger than normal) portion of the dayz community to CTD and it isn't just a fluke or bad pc's, malware, etc etc.

Lol the reason for writing that quote was to show that there was about 5-7 of you in the past five pages that don't get the fact that there's nothing we can do to help you(although I tried helping , but one of you decided to assume I was trying to insult them) .

I suggested 1337 should validate his game files, simply becAuse my friend did that and his dayz .51 stable doesn't crash for a couple days til he has to do it again , I mentioned he (my friend) had a terrible computer and 1337 ASSUMED I was telling him that it must be his computer , this is NOT what I said nor what was meant .. And if you truly had been "keeping up" with this discussion you would have known that and not decided to defend someone so eager to attack others over an alpha video game that is BOUND to have crashes ...

We are not denying at all that there are ctds this patch or any patch for that matter, I simply tried to help 1337 and the reality is there's no memory leak , there's no game breaking bug that's causing this , so all you can do is log a bug tracker post (and don't listen to whover said thy they are futile , they DO WORK , how else would we have gotten through all those other patches that were riddled with CTDs lawl ?) .

So , lastly I want you to know that you assumed just like 1337 , I was trying to help the kid but when he assumed that I was saying it was his PC (which again I never said) he got all flustered and decided to throw insults around .. Now tell me how is that helpful ? We all know there are ctds , so please go log a post in the bug tracker and move on with your life , that's all you can do and anymore fighting on this discussion won't help you .. So do what everyone else including Myself has told you two to do , validate files , if that doesn't work there's a whole page of things you can do that could resolve ctds (that I won't bother linking seeing as you've been watching the forums so you should have no trouble finding them as someone posted the link just recently ) and if that doesn't work then like I said to some other guy, right after 1337 personally insulted me : sorry bud but all that will help you is patience :) .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

The only CTD's I have been getting are on leaving a server (in fact just had one of those), once in a while, maybe once a week, I CTD from the game world.  I am don't have a job right now, so I am on quite a bit.  I don't have some super rig, in fact it is an HP laptop that is well over a year old and I am 5000 miles from the nearest DayZ server..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Yes but this time most of the crashes has nothing to do with hardware. If it does it's something critical such as "all windows 8 users" or "all nvidia users". Since I see that every time I crash and relog, halv of the server disconnected and I can see how they all pop in again. It can't just be a coincident where me and my friends crashes at the same time, not just once but several times.

I'll send a report in "feedback" but I've never got any response from there, and they could make it more responsive.

Make a "feedback" thread where you update the most common problems and your theory and solution for them? It would encourage alot of more people to actually give feedback.

I guess they are busy designing a new melee weapon since we don't have enough. What about an ingame dildo you could use as a melee weapon, or maybe a chair you can use as a melee weapon, wrestling style. Or spend more time modelling real life persons as ingame characters? Could you please do Gandalf next?

Edited by haxborn

So I figured out how to tell if a server is persistant or not in game, no matter what the name implies. If you are on the coast and are finding what used to be the normal amount of food and loot then the server is non persistant. Especially if you find several fire axes, that is a dead ass give away.

Does anyone know if we are getting an exp update todsy

The Devs do :)