Sign in to follow this  
Sooden

carry more than one primary gun? why not

why can we use the tool space (where axe  goes) to carry a second weapon?

lol.jpg

someone will explain why, and it nothing to do with realism, but... just wanted to open the topic :)

Edited by Sooden

Already suggested like a million times.. but noooooooo, the DayZ community says its unrealistic or they just want it to be nerfed as fuck..

If anything, I'd like to see the so-called "tool space" as you put it, removed entirely. Tools should either be carried in the hand, or in a bag. How are we sticking the shovel/axe/hoe/etc to our backs anyways? At least with a longarm, we can pretend there is a sling.

Besides, what do you need two longarms for?

• Like 2

I love how compare this picture of him holding a few guns to actually "carrying" lmfao

It would be unrealistic. 

Tools should either be carried in the hand, or in a bag.

If this were the case, and you actually had a backpack that looked like it could physically fit a few rifles or tools. Pulling a splitting axe out of a sm mountain backpack looks so weird. In arma its really bad with rpg type weapons. Almost looks like some sort of space ship docking.

If this were the case, and you actually had a backpack that looked like it could physically fit a few rifles or tools. Pulling a splitting axe out of a sm mountain backpack looks so weird. In arma its really bad with rpg type weapons. Almost looks like some sort of space ship docking.

Or, we could carry the tools in our hands, or leave them at camp. IRL, I don't carry my axe around with me when I go hiking. Instead, I leave it at camp, and bring firewood back to camp. My axe is both smaller and lighter than the in-game axe (a 3/4 axe, as I am a rather small man), but I still don't want to have to truck the thing around if I dont have to.

What I would like to see is some sort of folding saw, that we can easily stash in a bag or even in a pocket. We could find a tree, assemble the saw, cut down the tree, cut the tree into manageable-sized pieces, truck them back to camp with a wagon or travois, then split the wood at camp with an axe. 

2550.jpg

5003424_v1_m56577569830540024.jpg

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

You can carry 2 primary guns by having one on your back and one in your hands. It's what I do.

You can carry 2 primary guns by having one on your back and one in your hands. It's what I do.

but it gets in the way of being able to swap quickly between weapons without having to drop one.  They want o be able to hold a couple assault rifles, a shotgun, a sub machine gun, a sniper rifle, probably a rocket launcher as well.....

If you have slings you can easily sling on two weapons. They just need a weight + stamina system to make it detrimental.

• Like 1

If anything, I'd like to see the so-called "tool space" as you put it, removed entirely. Tools should either be carried in the hand, or in a bag. How are we sticking the shovel/axe/hoe/etc to our backs anyways? At least with a longarm, we can pretend there is a sling.

i dont (need two longarms ), but like your idea of not having tool slot, would make things more intresting

Edited by Sooden

but it gets in the way of being able to swap quickly between weapons without having to drop one.  They want o be able to hold a couple assault rifles, a shotgun, a sub machine gun, a sniper rifle, probably a rocket launcher as well.....

This isn't quake. If they want to carry more guns, they have to make the sacrifices required to do so.

Already suggested like a million times.. but noooooooo, the DayZ community says its unrealistic or they just want it to be nerfed as fuck..

and that's why this is not in suggestions :)

This isn't quake. If they want to carry more guns, they have to make the sacrifices required to do so.

people can, one on back, a sawed off mossin in bag +shotgun +AKu or mp5

.. remember i just asked why :P, didn't say i wanted too ...
Edited by Sooden

Maybe it should be a locked slot unless you use a rope to craft a sling for your melee weapon.

You forgot the grenade launcher, rail gun, hyperblaster and lightning gun. Then maybe some strafe jumping to go faster.

You forgot the grenade launcher, rail gun, hyperblaster and lightning gun. Then maybe some strafe jumping to go faster.

Doh, my bad

Agreed this isn't quake, I love having a lot of weapons to chose from, but it depends on the game.

Its almost the same as with the Witcher series, where you can only have 2 swords and an additional weapon. At first I thought man I really want 10 different weapons to carry, but then I ended loving the fact that there is a limit on the weapons you can carry.

Its unrealistic and gamey something DayZ is trying hard not replicate. I think it it adds more to the game experience, in DayZ its about the consequences associated with using different weapons... It creates balance and tension.

The game wouldn't have the same feel as it does currently if you were equipped to faceroll  every situation thrown at you.

What they do need to work on though... is the use of handguns inside protector cases inside a backpack ... hand guns (and things you use from your hotbar) should be placed in your jacket, pants or assault vest.

I think hicks said in that one interview that they< dont plan to implement it themself but leave it to "the modders".

That Statement i dient like at all. Cant be that hard to make rope attach to a gun an than have it hang on the other shoulder...

Slings should be put in to carry two rifles(one in the Axe slot.. I mean who uses other things there anyway?). They just have to find the right drawback for it.

I've never actually tired to sprint while carrying a rifle slung over one shoulder, but I'd have thought it would fall off pretty easily (unless you hold it in place, in which case you can't sprint properly)?

And yes, they should sort out the inventory so it's more believable - ie. searate pocket slots and getting rid of magic tardis boxes, cargo pants and vests.

For me, its a matter of choice and consequense.

We can all agree that its perfectly possible to carry 5, or more, weapons at the same time, IRL, but i believe this will not make the game better in any way.

As i see it, choosing a weapon should be a difficult choice, since the weapons have very different purposes and some of them are really specialized, in one way or another :)

So you have to decide what kind of weapon you want, for the specific play style you intend to play, and then deal with the consequenses of said choice.

Giving people the option to carry a long range rifle, a mid range rifle and a CQB weapon, will not make the game any better, in my world, in fact it would simply turn it into "another generic shooter" and i would hate that.

Stick to one main weapon, force us to chose and deal with the consequense of that choice. This will only make the game more interesting and make team fights rely alot more on tactics and actual coorporation, instead of every single player on the map, being his own personal version of Rambo :)

My 2 cents.

• Like 2

As long as they have slings for all of them and can carry the weight (or assume they aint moving at all with that) then I cant see the problem with it.

I dont understand the obsession of the devs in limiting inventory in terms of space instead of weight. I can carry 10 airsoft rifles (5kg each) on my back if I want, maybe its just (more than probably) to carry them from the garage to the trunk of my car, but I can. I could also bring them to a camp, or a friend, or I took a hostage in DayZ and I want to take his weapon and drop it away but I have to drop mine 1st to do this O.o

Same goes for everything else. Turns out I can only put 35 pens in my backpack, thats sooooo realistic....

Edited by p4triot
  • Like 1

I would say, you have two shoulders. Each of these shoulders can "wear" one weapon. (With slings, ropes etc., leave it as it is at the moment and add some design and animation tweaks..)

At the end of the day, everybody should be able to decide by himself, what he wants to wear on his shoulders. Axe and gun, gun and gun? Your choice, as it would be in reallife.

I for myself would prefer if i could wear my Mosin and an Assault Rifle on my shoulders at the same time, because i ALWAYS put my Axe into the backpack. (It will destroy the silhouette, if it sticks out)

As said above, in real life, you would have the choice about which weapons you carry on your body, so why not have it in game?

remember: as people in this forum have different opinions about this topic, they maybe would have the same different opinions during an apocalypse, so in terms of realism, give us the choice.

Then make slings craftable and being able to be applied to every weapon. Why would I want 2 longarms? Playstyle variety. Once you get slings for the weapons you should be able to carry at least 2 in exchange of some stamina with the future implementation of stamina system.