Sign in to follow this  
barnabus

What does "Go your way" mean?

It means leave me alone, don't follow me and stay away.  I gave you every single opportunity to live.  I typed it in chat, I said it in VOIP, I even gave you a warning shot from my SKS.  Yet, you, somehow, interpreted all this and my warning shot as "Hey, come on back here and hit me with your pitchfork!"  So, I shot your dumbass.  I am not sorry I did it either.  BTW, when I found you, you were back to me in a shack, I could have axed you to death right there, but I backed away and went my way AND you knew that because you saw me once you turned around.  So, you really are a DUMBASS.

• Like 2

So of all the weapons he could choose he chose the pitchfork? Well done - such stupidity shall not go unpunished!

• Like 2

It means leave me alone, don't follow me and stay away.  I gave you every single opportunity to live.  I typed it in chat, I said it in VOIP, I even gave you a warning shot from my SKS.  Yet, you, somehow, interpreted all this and my warning shot as "Hey, come on back here and hit me with your pitchfork!"  So, I shot your dumbass.  I am not sorry I did it either.  BTW, when I found you, you were back to me in a shack, I could have axed you to death right there, but I backed away and went my way AND you knew that because you saw me once you turned around.  So, you really are a DUMBASS.

Barnabus.. please tell me this was on our server? :P

I love people who rant directly addressing the person as if we are that person. Also, warning shot? Really? There is no such thing. Either, you shot at me, or you are letting me go. Try harder next time.

• Like 2

Barnabus.. please tell me this was on our server? :P

Sorry, it was on Exp.
  • Like 1

I love people who rant directly addressing the person as if we are that person. Also, warning shot? Really? There is no such thing. Either, you shot at me, or you are letting me go. Try harder next time.

really? Yes into the ceiling not at. Was that you? I was letting them know, yes, I have bullets it is not a bluff I have my SKS out.

Whats the worse that can happen to him, spawn again somewhere else, on the other hand he could have easily ended up with a full gear with a bit of luck from some lag. I have seen this many times, even happened to me. Dayz controls just like Arma, are clunky and slow, so in a close area he knew he had a good chance. All players care about is guns, guns, more guns, and a can of beanz everynow and then.

Whats the worse that can happen to him, spawn again somewhere else, on the other hand he could have easily ended up with a full gear with a bit of luck from some lag. I have seen this many times, even happened to me. Dayz controls just like Arma, are clunky and slow, so in a close area he knew he had a good chance. All players care about is guns, guns, more guns, and a can of beanz everynow and then.

Which is why, IMHO, there should be some sort of penalty to death. I mean, this game is supposed to have "permadeath", or at least, death is supposed to be serious? Because right now, bambis YOLO-rush other players because they have nothing to lose, and people suicide so they don't have to run 5 minutes.

This behavior should be curtailed, at least.

• Like 2

Which is why, IMHO, there should be some sort of penalty to death. I mean, this game is supposed to have "permadeath", or at least, death is supposed to be serious? Because right now, bambis YOLO-rush other players because they have nothing to lose, and people suicide so they don't have to run 5 minutes.

YOLO rushing is fun.  The look of fear that a geared person portrays when you run at them is hilarious.  Also, maybe geared players wouldn't be getting YOLO rushed if they weren't camping the coast, just sayin'

• Like 1

YOLO rushing is fun.  The look of fear that a geared person portrays when you run at them is hilarious.  Also, maybe geared players wouldn't be getting YOLO rushed if they weren't camping the coast, just sayin'

Oh, I agree, believe me.  But, the idea of "permadeath/death having meaning" kind of loses its edge when ungeared players would rather potentially commit highly-elaborate suicide instead of walking 5 minutes inland to the next town. I, personally, have never seen the Bambi-YOLO strategy work. They run to Elektro/Cherno/Berez, get shot and die. Real effective, mates.

And, they don't just attack geared players. I spawned into Kamyshovo as a freshspawn once, and proceeded to loot the garages behind the police station. Another freshspawn proceeds to run up to me and tries to punch me out, all while screaming " COME AND DIE LIKE A MAN" . What purpose did that serve? I literally just had the T-shirt and pants you spawn with. 

I broke his legs, force-fed him until I thought he was fully hydrated and stuffed, and left him there. Served him right.

• Like 2

Agreed.  There should be at least a 5 minute wait to respawn, and I would go so far as to say I favor a 15 minute timer for a respawn.  Not only will it fix what you speak of, but it will add further punishment to the people I kill, making their deaths all the more tasty, while adding even more intensity to my firefights, as I will have even more to lose, but quite a bit more to gain.

• Like 1

Agreed.  There should be at least a 5 minute wait to respawn, and I would go so far as to say I favor a 15 minute timer for a respawn.  Not only will it fix what you speak of, but it will add further punishment to the people I kill, making their deaths all the more tasty, while adding even more intensity to my firefights, as I will have even more to lose, but quite a bit more to gain.

......This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 1

......This is why we can't have nice things.

The penalty for death goes both ways.  I live by the sword and die by it, and I have no problem with this idea.  The higher we can raise the stakes, the better in my opinion.

Or did you not think that out fully?  

Also, if you have such a problem with PvP, why don't you organize a group that hunts us and puts us down on the spot?  Make it harder for me to play the game the way I like playing it, just like others do to your preferred playstyle?

The respawn timer can work for, or against us, equally, and if there are more decent folks like you in the game world, out there stopping us evil folk, the respawn timer would swing in YOUR favor.

Maybe instead of wanting the game direction to go a certain way, to support what you like, you should realize you have the opportunity to stand up for what you believe in, and if your cause is strong enough, and you have the support of enough players, you could shut us PvP guys down, and put us in timeout.  

Us PvP guys, at least the ones I play with, we are all highly organized.  One man gives out orders to the other five.  What do you do to stop us?  Just like in the real world, if good men sit by and do nothing, guys like me will take over everything we can, because that is what we do.  You asking for changes to the game to prevent our playstyle is like praying to god in my opinion.  You are stepping outside of the game in meta fashion to stop us.  Well guess what?  The devs already gave you everything you need to stop us in our tracks.  You aren't doing it, though.  We run rampant across Chernarus, killing as we please, while you sit back and expect to be able to ignore your own backyard, and do whatever it is you do?

You need to organize, fight for what you believe in, and stop us.  the respawn timer would be perfect for this.  15 minutes.  Don't dismiss it just because a guy you don't like also supports the idea.

Edited by harteman
  • Like 2

Anyone else notice the amount of distension in the responses lately in here (this forum)

:|

Edited by lrish

The penalty for death goes both ways.  I live by the sword and die by it, and I have no problem with this idea.  The higher we can raise the stakes, the better in my opinion.

Or did you not think that out fully?  

Also, if you have such a problem with PvP, why don't you organize a group that hunts us and puts us down on the spot?  Make it harder for me to play the game the way I like playing it, just like others do to your preferred playstyle?

The respawn timer can work for, or against us, equally, and if there are more decent folks like you in the game world, out there stopping us evil folk, the respawn timer would swing in YOUR favor.

Maybe instead of wanting the game direction to go a certain way, to support what you like, you should realize you have the opportunity to stand up for what you believe in, and if your cause is strong enough, and you have the support of enough players, you could shut us PvP guys down, and put us in timeout.  

Us PvP guys, at least the ones I play with, we are all highly organized.  One man gives out orders to the other five.  What do you do to stop us?  Just like in the real world, if good men sit by and do nothing, guys like me will take over everything we can, because that is what we do.  You asking for changes to the game to prevent our playstyle is like praying to god in my opinion.  You are stepping outside of the game in meta fashion to stop us.  Well guess what?  The devs already gave you everything you need to stop us in our tracks.  You aren't doing it, though.  We run rampant across Chernarus, killing as we please, while you sit back and expect to be able to ignore your own backyard, and do whatever it is you do?

You need to organize, fight for what you believe in, and stop us.  the respawn timer would be perfect for this.  15 minutes.  Don't dismiss it just because a guy you don't like also supports the idea.

I have no problem with there being a death timer, I am all for it.

I just don't like the instant idea for "punishment". You seem into the idea of a death timer (good), but instead of wanting it in order to flesh out the game more, you instead want it so you can make people MORE pissed off when you kill them, AKA griefing. ( Bad, in my opinion).

I like your ideas, I just don't agree with your rationale.

• Like 2

An SKS with 3 rounds, an empty 527 mag and an axe are hardly full gear.

I was not fully geared, far from it. I had found a 527 mag and an SKS so I loaded it. I was heading back to the coast to get some nets and burlap sacks. Jeez. A whole lot of assumptions being made without any grasp on reality going on here.

I was not fully geared, far from it. I had found a 527 mag and an SKS so I loaded it. I was heading back to the coast to get some nets and burlap sacks. Jeez. A whole lot of assumptions being made without any grasp on reality going on here.

I wasn't talking to you chief, calm down

I wasn't talking to you chief, calm down

ok then

really? Yes into the ceiling not at. Was that you? I was letting them know, yes, I have bullets it is not a bluff I have my SKS out.

No, it was not me.

I think the 30 sec death timer should stack and go upto 1 min....with 10, maybe 20 mins of ingame play to nullify the 1min you last added. So if you die within 20mins of respwn....it a 2 min wait....within 20 mins of that 3min wait ect ect. Maybe diff values but you get the idea.

That way if people wanna yolo rush they can for afew tries, but then it starts becoming counter productive and at soe point they have to just try and survive long enough to cancel out the timer. Would cut down a bit on fresh spawn yoloing, and make people actually play for survival every now and then....hell....they might even like it when they try it :)

• Like 1

Yes lets add 15 minutes spawn timer, lets see what happens when people die from bugs or invisible zombies. This forum will drown in shit from all the shitstorm that will come. Not to mention the griefing factor, making people wait that long if I kill them just to make them miserable. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Yes lets add 15 minutes spawn timer, lets see what happens when people die from bugs or invisible zombies. This forum will drown in shit from all the shitstorm that will come. Not to mention the griefing factor, making people wait that long if I kill them just to make them miserable. 

I've yet to die due to bugs two times within 10 minutes. Does not happen often...