Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

DayZ 2015 roadmap

Shh Shh,  sleep now my little anime friend.  

I already slept for like 4 hours, Caboose-kun.  :P

tumblr_lnx79nOU3F1qktqch.jpg

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

A lot of things they got done but I want this one!

Advanced weather effects

• Weather will affect player

Well, thats in, in an early iteration at least ( hypo / hyperthermia ), also, ingame time has an effect on temperature. Also, players and items getting wet during rain, but this needs additional effects on items imo.

Snow and fog will not be possible before the new renderer, as so many stuff.

Edited by ChainReactor

Q2 2015

Player statistics

I'm a little concerned about this. This would obviously be a log of players killed, deaths, zombies etc., right? If so, I hope all of this is only accessible in the main menus & can't be looked up in game. Which I imagine is the route they would take. I also feel that it encourages players to keep track of their K:D ratio, & would view this aspect as skill opposed to the amount of days survived.

I at least hope they make these statistics interesting, & include things such as most days survived, amount of bones broken, amount of rounds fired, number of times restrained, number of times knocked unconscious, longest time unconcious, how many liters of water you've drunk, how many cans of beans/peaches eaten, etc.

Everything else = swoon.

Edited by blunce

I'm a little concerned about this. This would obviously be a log of players killed, deaths, zombies etc., right? If so, I hope all of this is only accessible in the main menus & can't be looked up in game. Which I imagine is the route they would take. I also feel that it encourages players to keep track of their K:D ratio, & would view this aspect as skill opposed to the amount of days survived.

I at least hope they make these statistics interesting, & include things such as most days survived, amount of bones broken, amount of rounds fired, number of times restrained, number of times knocked unconscious, longest time unconcious, how many liters of water you've drunk, how many cans of beans/peaches eaten, etc.

Everything else = swoon.

I'd rather not have a KD and the focus to be squarely on the survival choices you've made and how long you've lived. KD is more a way to measure yourself in TvT twitch shooters - you want to be killing more people than kill you but in DayZ - who gives two shits what it is. I hope the Devs realise this and keep all things "KD" related away from the scores.

• Like 4

I'd rather not have a KD and the focus to be squarely on the survival choices you've made and how long you've lived. KD is more a way to measure yourself in TvT twitch shooters - you want to be killing more people than kill you but in DayZ - who gives two shits what it is. I hope the Devs realise this and keep all things "KD" related away from the scores.

My points exactly my friend. But my gut feeling is that there is going to be a log of kills & deaths. Not that it'll necessarily calculate your K/D for you, but the figures will be there I'm sure.

• Like 2

-cut-

Advanced vehicles (repair and modifications)

-cut-

Animal companions

-cut-

Alright, let's throw some huge tankers on my V8 and get my dog!

I'll rule the wasteland!

• Like 2

Just give me a Harley or something similar so I can rp Daryl, and yeah... more clothes diversity ^-^

Probably stupid question but we, who already own an alpha version, won't have to cash in anymore for beta/official release, right?

he rode a triumph inTWD

• Like 1

I really want to see the impoved 'stealth' and AI. this whole back-peddeling in circles while punching nonsense is really tired and stupid. i hope zombie aggro will start to take very heavily into account your stance, movement speed, surface your on, and rather or not the zed has a clear line of sight on you. sneaking needs to be viable again.

Beta for $43.99? LOL!

Then final product would be a $150 subscription fee and $24.99/mo.

What are you talking about ?

• Like 1

Will DayZ run on Windows 11 and will it be DX14 compatible once it releases?

Edited by savke
  • Like 1

I really want to see the impoved 'stealth' and AI. this whole back-peddeling in circles while punching nonsense is really tired and stupid. i hope zombie aggro will start to take very heavily into account your stance, movement speed, surface your on, and rather or not the zed has a clear line of sight on you. sneaking needs to be viable again.

Zombies are ridiculously easy right now. When you can amble around a zed, lazily swinging your axe you know something needs to be worked on, but that's what they're going to do! Personally, I want zeds to be able to grab you but then there's a case for zeds to stay as they are - we only ever encounter 1 or 2 at a time. Imagine 10 or 20 trying to get to you in their current state!

i don´t like the idea of player stats.. The maximum should be a counter on your days/hours you have survived. Maybe something like "Average Survival Time", Maximum time survived, and things like that. PLEASE do not insert something like Kill/Death-Ratios. It would destroy the game

• Like 1

i don´t like the idea of player stats.. The maximum should be a counter on your days/hours you have survived. Maybe something like "Average Survival Time", Maximum time survived, and things like that. PLEASE do not insert something like Kill/Death-Ratios. It would destroy the game

A K/D ratio would be pretty pointless in a game where the first death is also the last for the character....

• Like 2

I hope that you can get every possible stats whats possible, like how many beans consumed and how many kilometers traveled, kills, even how many bullets fired etc.

But, i think that you should see them only after you died.

See your character one more time with bunch of statistic, remember all the good times, drop a tear and spawn back to coast.

• Like 1

Soft Skills-Soft skills is a term often associated with a person's "EQ" (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, and optimism that characterize relationships with other people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_skills

So where the hell is my BRM-1K deep reconnaissance and fire support troop carrier? With the fancy shamncy radio? 

So where the hell is my BRM-1K deep reconnaissance and fire support troop carrier? With the fancy shamncy radio? 

What is this BRM1K thingy? (Nvm, I googled it) xD

635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

as a player its been very slow. i think the team honestly under estimated the project.

obiously theyll say they didnt but look at what the mod does and whats in it and look at the SA .do you think that in the current form it shows a years worth of work progress ?

one vehicle, numerous hats ? thats all.

mods like breaking point have more in and are free and achieved pretty much the same on no budget.

so not overly impressed. i think it will get done but at no great speed and by the time it is done others will probably have done what the team is trying to achieve during the same period of time.

zombies arnt better look any better moving either.

before mods jump n my post i paid for my game i am just hnestly speaking on how i feel. i love dayz but the progression if you can call it that has been way too slow .each build that goes up you think has this team got millions extra for this over the mod. which is still the better game.

Knock it off dgeesio - If you want to insinuate that all we've done all year is add the V3S and some hats you can do that elsewhere. Constructive criticism, not misinformation. -_-

• Like 6

mods like breaking point have more in and are free and achieved pretty much the same on no budget.

I am surprised that this has to be point out to you. Breaking Point has achieved nothing, it still is DayZ Code, despite the fact that this is agaist the licensing rules (as on A3).

Are you really surprised it was removed from the ARMA 3 contest?

Trolls like you aren't welcome here, you should know this by now. Nothing you say represents informed arguments.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

as a player its been very slow. i think the team honestly under estimated the project.

obiously theyll say they didnt but look at what the mod does and whats in it and look at the SA .do you think that in the current form it shows a years worth of work progress ?

one vehicle, numerous hats ? thats all.

so not overly impressed. i think it will get done but at no great speed and by the time it is done others will probably have done what the team is trying to achieve during the same period of time.

zombies arnt better look any better moving either.

before mods jump n my post i paid for my game i am just hnestly speaking on how i feel. i love dayz but the progression if you can call it that has been way too slow .each build that goes up you think has this team got millions extra for this over the mod. which is still the better game.

You need to realize that making a mod, for a finished game, is NOTHING like creating a new game, from near scratch, which is basicly what they have done.

If you honestly want to compare the "progress" like you do, then compare the radical engine changes Bohemia has made, over the last years time, to the non-exsistant engine changes, both the community devs (DayZ mod) and the BP creaters have never ever done, at all.

You are simply talking pure visual content, but a game is sooooo much more then that, and im sure you know this.

Im not trying to be a smartass, but you could at least realize that creating content (models, configs and minor functions) for a finished game (Arma in this case), is no where near the same as re-building an engine for a much more specific purpose (DayZ SA).

@topic

This looks really good :) Im impressed with the amount of stuff you plan to have in the game, by the end of 2015. If Bohemia pulls this off, this game is gonna be amazing in every way.

The development  of the game has only picked up pace back in May when the people behind the project received some critique, if it wasn't for that you'd probably be introducing the gun painting mechanic in the upcoming patch, persistence would have been a wet dream and the game probably wouldn't have even reached beta. Each time one of you lot is wading through the piles of cash trying to reach your PC remember that the most money for the development of the game came from the player's pockets and not Bohemia.

Peace out.

Knock it off dgeesio - If you want to insinuate that all we've done all year is add the V3S and some hats you can do that elsewhere. Constructive criticism, not misinformation. -_-

I fucking love it when the devs bite back. Gives me a raging fan boner, every time.

basically they dont like me. i am opinionated and i speak honestly.

the mod was probably one of the best games i played on anything for last 5 years. really great work rough but very enjoyable.

the standalone for me and stop labling me a troll cause i dont worship every sentance that is put by a mod or devs has been slow in development.

you have done more than i put ill give you that but.. has it really altered what the mod achieved ? not really. it did money wise it made you millions got rocket started and fair play as said the mod was brilliant.you deserve success for that.

its just the standalone has become to overly complicated. many who loved the mod and the simplisticness and this is where many devs go wrong with games.

they make something that was simple into something that isnt to provide depth.

depth to what ?

the core theme of this game to many is get food drink murder people start again.

no matter how many sets of clothes, hats, tins of beans you left with the same basic scenario. this scenario you trying to escape while developing this game is costing time and money.

i look forward to your progress i really do but has your development been on time ? no. has it been well planned and gone to schedule = no . has what you added made the game better = no .

you may think of the clever little tweaks and such but the core simplistic nature of this game you are missing and just covering with uselessness.

remember thats just my opinion. no need to go hes a troll cause you disagree. that just shows how you cant accept others views. it makes you look narrow minded.

how can you make a better game if you cant except criticism ?

i mention breaking point alot you may keep saying oh it uses dayz code from mod but guess what ?? it works ! it looks stunning as good as standalone its pretty simple to play and the inventry and ease of playing it is what makes it good. as said key to a good game is simple.

anyway ill let you do whatever call me as usual ban me cause you cant just state your opinion like me but just have to abuse power.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1