eugenharton

DayZ Vehicles (first implementation)

Vehicles , first iteration. (Experimental)

I wanted to preface this, as we are going out with vehicles this soon into their implementation, only to be sure that performance impact is as expected and we can continue on this course. Currently the vehicles (as a feature) are very rough, however the underlying structure is there. Ranging from visual bugs, to physics issues. You can expect anything. We are aware of most of them. 

Although the data for parts and some tech is there, the systems need to be configured. You can expect to drive the vehicle, use it for transport of you and your codriver from point A to point B. However for this experimental you dont need to repair anything and you can find vehicles easily. This will not be the case later in their development. We increased the number of available vehicles by a great amount so you can have fun and break them.

Many issues are part of polish that will happen over time. Some of them are critical, thus will have higher priority.

Please use our feedback tracker for any specific cases, with as much data as possible. It does help.

Now to the core of the problems that you can expect with explanation of each and every one (Most of the systems have been rewritten and the development time has been invested into having proper underlying tech for the modules of the new engine)

1. Animations 

Wheels overturning is visual bug with animation source and simulation itself . Its annoying, however we do have to ignore it for this experimental. As for other animation bugs. We removed the move in/move out animation for the release and will fix the issues we were having with its implementation. The wheel and doors are animated however the visuals themselves might change. 

2. Ragdoll/Collision/Physics

Most of it is tuning of all the knobs (weight,suspension,force, and a lot more etc.) and finding solutions for problems that are out of the normal range. The results can be go from minor to catastrophic, like, vehicle moving from shooting, player force moving a vehicle, not having right friction and sliding improperly,getting stuck and killing the codriver sometimes. But than again its just tuning (and that takes time). The system is there and its robust (bullet sdk).  Some of it is rare, some of it is much more common. Just understand that it will be better in next few weeks

3. Damage system

The vehicle can be damaged , however its rather rudimentary and only a placeholder effect. With more advanced underlying tech introduced later.

4. Driving model

The driving model (sliding and general feel of driving) is again matter of tuning. The underlying system is there and it works well. But it needs more time and dedicated work for the feel to get right. That is a big part of our work on vehicles.

5. Clipping

Expect a lot of clipping issues with player gear and objects around in the game. It can range from minor to major issues. 

6. Sounds

All sounds are placeholders before we set up a proper recording of v3s.

7. Persistence

Cars will be persistent in the future (once they are made of parts and repaired). This implementation however focuses more on data gathered from any desync or interaction with network code.

8. Crashes

Client crashes can happen, and will happen. Be aware that you can run the client with the option of -dologs to create crash dumps that can be attached to feedback issues. If you do encounter them please report and give us as much information as you can. 

I will try to answer some questions but I do have and update to prepare so please be patient.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE JANUARY I THINK I CAME A LITTLE YOU ARE NOW INVITED TO A PARTY IN MY PANTS

Имя события проблемы: APPCRASH Имя приложения: DayZ_Experimental.exe Версия приложения: 0.51.125.659 Отметка времени приложения: 54736c79 Имя модуля с ошибкой: DayZ_Experimental.exe Версия модуля с ошибкой: 0.51.125.659 Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой: 54736c79 Код исключения: c0000005 Смещение исключения: 000bd57d Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Код языка: 1049 Дополнительные сведения 1: 0a9e Дополнительные сведения 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Дополнительные сведения 3: 0a9e Дополнительные сведения 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Помогите найти решение проблемы

Brace yourselves....posts about the shitty vehicles incoming...

:P

It always happens, people will never be happy.

the results i saw in video look as expected an described :)

Henche why i apprecheated OP´s post.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

What I wann know is whether or not the current vehicle implementation has the collision coding to support running over other players. I miss the days in the mod when I would come running out into the street, screaming for a ride, to only get splattered all over the road. Good times.

The one I found had broken mirrors!

All have. The gif posted is another teaser of upcoming content by Peter Nespesny.

• Like 1

All have. The gif posted is another teaser of upcoming content by Peter Nespesny.

Holy shiet, this game is going to look so good man. This is an awesome feature, not only nice to look at but usefull aswell. I love you Bohemia Interactive, this game is worth its price imo, look at the jobs these guys are doing. Monster devs.

Thanks for not making me waste my money!

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

Yeah the one i had found had broken mirrors, for a total of 5 vehciles with no mirror :P not a biggie as long as they fix the mainline issues with it ( when my friends get out even if im completely stopped they die from the vehicles clipping issues. )

Plus this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st6F60jSuvU&feature=youtu.be&t=4m35s

Edited by MooTactics
  • Like 1

No problems..

I just want to give a shoutout to the MORON who thought standing in the middle of the road and shooting at me as I drove my truck through Novo today..

Was a GREAT Idea..

Your Dead.!

HAA HAA

Oh and I dragged your corpse down the main street till everything ruined and fell apart and bits dropped off.

Your body clung on for the longest time though. Nicely tenderised for all the Cannibals in town.

LOL

The Impact Did however ruin my backpack gunholster and Jacket. But Meh.! A small price to pay to watch your body dance on the back of the truck. Hehe

Have a Great day :-D

• Like 3

I for one would like to see more vehicles. The truck that's in the game is absurdly hard to find on a non empty server.

• Like 1

No problems..

I just want to give a shoutout to the MORON who thought standing in the middle of the road and shooting at me as I drove my truck through Novo today..

Was a GREAT Idea..

Your Dead.!

HAA HAA

Oh and I dragged your corpse down the main street till everything ruined and fell apart and bits dropped off.

Your body clung on for the longest time though. Nicely tenderised for all the Cannibals in town.

LOL

The Impact Did however ruin my backpack gunholster and Jacket. But Meh.! A small price to pay to watch your body dance on the back of the truck. Hehe

Have a Great day :-D

Reading from your tone, you were obviously genuine excited about that.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm about this clipping isue. Not playing until bugfixing phase starts.

• Like 1

Just in case nobody has mentioned this. DO NOT DRIVE OFF THE MAP. :lol:

I did so @ 000 060, which is on the West side of the map, and the truck disappeared under the map and I was unable to control it. I did have the right menu active though and had the options to move to the back seat or eject. When I ejected.. "You are dead" .. :(

Reading from your tone, you were obviously genuine excited about that.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm about this clipping isue. Not playing until bugfixing phase starts.

I was EXCITED about NOT dying. And glad he got His. It wasn't a clipping issue. I hit him head on. I deliberately ran him over because he was trying to Kill me.

Cross countried with a V3S last night and had a blast. It's loud, clunky, and a big 'ole target, but it gets you there.

Some things I noticed:

- Can't run through bushes and trees: I tried and I collided through the ground, jittering through the floor, stuff like that.

- Fences, however, I could just drive through like they were nothing.

- I flipped the truck going down a hill but it somehow righted itself as I jiggered it. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe it was the physics.

- Crashes don't seem to hurt me like they do in Arma. I banged into many a tree while texting and driving and didn't get scratched.

- Zombies can get stuck in the truck while ramming, clipping in and ragdolling in the cab. It shook up the car pretty well, too, until it made its way out and flung itself across the street.

- The engine doesn't aggro zombies like a person does: they don't react to the car at all.

• Like 1

Do these actually spawn?? Looked in many spawn spots across several servers...nothing

Yep. If you look at the DayZDB map, you can see the spawn points. I followed it and got mine at Kamenka. Only three spawn per server, however.

We were lucky enough to find two trucks between the 3 of us last night. It still lags quite a bit when you're a passenger but I think I edited most of it out. Two trucks in a convoy through Chernarus is pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63-908K2eJY

Edited by SentencedToBurn
  • Like 1

found a v3s, picked up a friend, filled the tank up. half way back through town (staroye) and the server crashes...

Classic DayZ moment

So when did the V3S grow wings and learn to fly??? http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/47616634656863235/A68C21BF757BD098860B421B654CCE1BEAE06E16/

they really need to get this hacking sh it fixed

LOL

You might get the thread locked up or deleted with that evidence of hacking but wow, that is funny.    Is it possible it's a glitch and not a hack?