ianderson07@live.com

Things you regret doing

I want to know my fellow newbies, have you already done anything you wish you hadn't? Big or small, vent here. I'll go first.

I'm sitting next to a friend who just purchased the game from steam. I wanted to show him the game mechanics, so I joined an almost empty server. It was me, and one other person in the entire map. I figured "eh, what are the odds?" So the entire time he's kinda back seat playing, insisting I stay down and quiet as to not attract attention. I tell him "look, there's no way we're gonna run into the ONE guy in this massive map. Besides, he likely isn't looking for a fight if he's on a smaller server, and it's not like zombies are really that much of an issue."

I run into a police station and find an MP5. So after about creaming my pants (I like MP-5s shut up) I tell him that I have both primary and secondary weapons for us. I was sitting on about 4 guns, two for each of us once he gets set up. So I get excited because I had just happened to grab a 30 round mag before coming to this town, and I had succeeded in my mission of arming both of us. "I wanna go shoot it."

"Dude, no, you're going get swarmed"

"I'm tellin ya I don't think they're that many zombies, besides I'm armed to the teeth."

I run outside to find a zombie. Bang bang he's dead. I check out the reloading animation. He gets irked because I'm being loud, both in game and on his couch.

"Dude I've been running around the middle of fictional fucking Russia for hours, Ima fire my gun now. And there just aren't that many zombies or anything else around."

"You're sure?"

"Yes! I'm sure. This map is massive. It's like 200+ plus square..."

I see the other person. I this town in the middle of no where.

"..."

"..."

"OH SHIT!"

I empty the entire magazine into his back.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I panicked."

"YOURE A DICK"

"IM SORRY"

"WHY!?

"BECAUSE I PANICED! WHAT ARE THE ODDS!? WHAT ARE THE FRIGGEN ODDS!?"

So yeah. Sorry random guy I ventilated. I feel like a douche. But now we have a lovely inside joke.

• Like 2

I killed my friend for his soda cause I was dying from dehydration and not even a minute later I ran into a pond :D

• Like 2

He was my son....But he was a threat....Threats MUST be stopped....For the good of the others, I had to do it... *a tear streams down my face

Sometimes I wish...I wish I hadn't...But then I'd be dead, and so would the others, it had to be done....

(On November 15th 2014, Kenneth J. Jackson lost his mind, and attempted to use the bases supply of explosives to kill all personnel inside our makeshift hospital...His father made the decision to kill his own son from 250 meters away -mosin shot- in order to prevent the catastrophe...)

Also I regret handcuffing my friend, and force feeding him every form of edible item in the city.... Literally, everything went down that boys throat, I wanted to know how long it would before he to vomited...He was ehhh, less then co-operative, but after knocking him out he was much more agreeably :) In the end, we both had a laugh, it was all good fun (especially after he bashed my head in with a sledgehammer, hilarious)

Edited by Tumbleweed707
  • Like 3

Also I regret handcuffing my friend, and force feeding him every form of edible item in the city.... Literally, everything went down that boys throat, I wanted to know how long it would before he to vomited...He was ehhh, less then co-operative, but after knocking him out he was much more agreeably :) In the end, we both had a laugh, it was all good fun (especially after he bashed my head in with a sledgehammer, hilarious)

If all my friends get this game and we roll around together, I can only assume shit like this is going to happen to me. Everyone is mean to me. XD

If all my friends get this game and we roll around together, I can only assume shit like this is going to happen to me. Everyone is mean to me. XD

Then FIGHT BACK! If your serious, then I know what you mean bro, don't let them it only gets worse.

ANYWHO!

Ya, on another note, anyone have a base up in one of the castles? I tried but it's sooo easy to get into, sucks.....

I switched servers to fast when the server restarted

lost M41a Smersh and grenades

Gave a guy a revolver who I thought was very friendly because I was talking like 15 minutes to him before that.

As soon as I turned around I've got a bullet permanently stuck in my head.
Talk about trust issues : P 

I always have a twinge of regret when I don't have the heart to kill someone.

I often see folks running blindly around towns from my vantage point in the trees, I stalk them for a bit and then I decide I would be a bastard if I got the jump on them and killed them. But inevitably I question this and think about how fun it could have been if I was a psychopath.

the guy I was traveling with who giggled in the micro phone so I turned and he was coming with hand cuffs regretted the giggle and the hand cuffs. Left him alive begging for me to come back and help him.

I was gonna quit for the night and decided to go to sniper hill outside of Elektro and log off. Got there and saw the firestation and thought: "why not", and was kindly met by gunfire as I entered through the doors.

so, I just came back from the airfield, western to grishino (im new and this was my first time deep inside the land on a military base).. i found an relatively fresh guy on the road back to grishino. just basic stuff he didnt have a primary, a schoolbag, etc.

And i found a mosin, which i already had, and i told him where he could get it. I gave him 10 clips and long range scope, aswell. Now.. i got everything i wanted, a vest, some ammo, etc. So i walked back to grishino. I went up to the police station and saw a compensator for the mosin, but at the same time some1 shoot at me. I immedeatly got onto the ground and didnt have an angle, so i couldnt grab the compensator. I sneaked downstairs, trying to spot the guy who was shooting at me. I couldnt find him, thats when i thought i could quickly grab the compensator and find a way out. the second i hit the room, everything black "You are dead" on my screen. TBH i dunno who this was.. maybe it was the guy i helped.

I regret not shooting him, in the firstplace

There was one thing I regretted, but at the same time I wouldn't be where I am today in DayZ if I hadn't done it. so I was in electro. Full server 40/40 people. Anyways I was going through looting buildings, all the doors were clothes, and there was loot everywhere. I thought "pshh no ones here" anyways I had a Mosin with no ammo, a firefighters axe that was black, a orange raincoat, black motorcycle helmet, summer hunting pants, and some boots, and a lot of meds and food. So I saw the hospital and decided to go inside and loot it. before that though, another player found me and we were talking, he was asking if I had any 0 bucks (shotgun ammo) I said "lemme check" and I "pretended" to  be looking through my inventory, so I could catch the jump on him if he tried anything, anyways I knew since I saw him that I had no shotgun ammo on me. so I "backed out" of my inventory ;)  ;) . and I was like "sorry brother I don't" he said "its fine, do you need any food or water?" I said "thanks but no, I have food and water" and I said "for your troubles, here's a morphine" and I gave him a morphine, then headed to the hospital, I was on the third floor in the stairwell, and two people outside said "is there anyone in there" This is the mistake I made.... "yes! someone's in here!" I went out and talked to them for a while, they said that "they are looking for a dangerous convict" anyways before I was going to run off away from these two fishy characters, a squeaker comes out of nowhere and says "you in the orange raincoat" (me) I said "yeah?" he said "your the one that killed me!!!" and I was like "I've never seen you before in my life" anyways I decided to make a run for it from there. I ran, and they were like "c'mon you have nothing to run for" I went back towards them and was like 'sorry it doesn't feel safe right now" sure enough, one of them shoots me in the shoulder with a Mosin, I wasn't bleeding so I ran like hell. eventually they killed me... Biggest mistake I made so far..

I regret not shooting him, in the firstplace

And this kids is why you don't arm other people. 

I regret helping a player being chased by zombies yesterday, as he knocked me out, then said "don't trust anyone" and shot me in the face with my own AKM as I had just regained consciousness.

Almost every time I've shot or otherwise killed another player.

My friend and I where sniping at the docks in Berezino and after taking out three hostile targets, a lone female bambi who I had seen earlier running around, ran right at two of the three bodies laying there, so not to risk her finding us, I shot her just before she got to the bodies, later on I felt as if I should have just let her grab some loot and scare her off with a few "Close-shots" so that she had a chance at survival.

I was gonna quit for the night and decided to go to sniper hill outside of Elektro and log off. Got there and saw the firestation and thought: "why not", and was kindly met by gunfire as I entered through the doors.

This kind of thing has happened to me a few times now.  Things like making an aim for myself, for example, travelling somewhere to be in position for Friday night squad play, and bypassing a military base.  I have an internal monologue which goes like this.

Me: OK lets just run south non stop and get close to our Friday night rendezvous location

Other me: Oh look, I'm not too far from that military base

Me: But I already have an AKM, AK74U and a kitted out Mosin with ammo for all.  No need to go in there.

Other me: But there might be something special in there like a High cap vest or another drum mag.

Me: Dont you remember what happened last time? You got slaughtered when you were in the Barracks.

Other me: But noone will be there, the server is almost empty.

Me: NO!

Other me: Oh go on, it will just take a minute.

Me: OK then

Other me a few minutes later: Oh now you are a fresh spawn, you probably should not have went there.  After all, you had load of gear and now you have messed up Friday night for all the boys.

Me: Thanks for the advice you twat!

Edited by Beav
  • Like 3

I regret helping a player being chased by zombies yesterday, as he knocked me out, then said "don't trust anyone" and shot me in the face with my own AKM as I had just regained consciousness.

*sigh.. I had almost the same thing happen to me, 60 seconds in electro, I was in the jail, and I see a player getting chased by zombies, I rush out, kill the zombies, the player runs off. Another player appears with zombies after him, I kill those zombies, and while I'm bandaging he shoots me in the face with a crossbow and laughs his ASS off.

I set out with the intent of murder and bloodshed last night, which I rarely do. I was at the small military base about 5 minutes South of NWAF. I looted the largest building with the jail cell and as I was walking out another well geared player walked in. I panicked and instead of blasting him I said FRIENDLY DON'T SHOOT! He didn't shoot and didn't even have his gun out. I had my Mosin out and a .357 in my bag. I noticed he had an AK 101 and after talking with him for a few minutes he said he was looking for a mag for it. I happened to have one but no gun for it. So I gave him the mag and got out of there without giving him enough time to think about blasting me.

I had actually been looking for some sort of matching AK/mag and as I was running away I cursed myself for not gunning him down and taking his AK 101 since I had the mag for it and he had no usable weapons as far as I knew. My kindness got the better of me even when I had intended to pvp. Oh well, at least I feel like I did the right thing. That's still a hard one for me to swallow though.

• Like 2

My friend and I where sniping at the docks in Berezino and after taking out three hostile targets, a lone female bambi who I had seen earlier running around, ran right at two of the three bodies laying there, so not to risk her finding us, I shot her just before she got to the bodies, later on I felt as if I should have just let her grab some loot and scare her off with a few "Close-shots" so that she had a chance at survival.

You did the right thing. Better safe then sorry. She could of grabbed the backpack, and the gun, and when you gave her some "close shots" she would've thought "those pricks are trying to shoot me" then if she was an experienced player she would of flanked behind you guys (if you moved she would follow) and she would've ended up trying to kill you. This guy I met had mosin ammo, I let him to a blaze I ran across in a building, he got the blaze, and tried to kill me. He failed though, but that just proves that you cant trust ANYONE in DayZ. You can help someone and travel with them, but always treat them as a hostile, and don't HESITATE to end their life if necessary.

You did the right thing. Better safe then sorry. She could of grabbed the backpack, and the gun, and when you gave her some "close shots" she would've thought "those pricks are trying to shoot me" then if she was an experienced player she would of flanked behind you guys (if you moved she would follow) and she would've ended up trying to kill you. This guy I met had mosin ammo, I let him to a blaze I ran across in a building, he got the blaze, and tried to kill me. He failed though, but that just proves that you cant trust ANYONE in DayZ. You can help someone and travel with them, but always treat them as a hostile, and don't HESITATE to end their life if necessary.

You are wrong. If that player had been me, I would not had tried to kill you. So, in reality you can't trust anyone in DayZ, but me. Actually, being such a friendly fellow gets me killed a lot, but I refuse to become a homocidal maniac like the rest of you. I just won't do it.

• Like 1