Sign in to follow this  
NoPaEr10

The struggle when you look too sexy.

Everybody knows it. Going for a loot run, server goes down and then continue and join a full server. But then you see the beauty. Your pimped out character is sexy as hell with all them pristine black cargos. I haven't logged into a server for the past 30 minutes just looking at my character and thinking "Damn.. I can't let this beauty of a guy get killed by a filthy hacker in electro."

What are your thoughts? Are you sometimes scared that much that your pimped out character gets killed, that you don't play the game?

Btw sorry for my English :)

down below is my character ;(

201411200000blqnxpo3kz.jpg

• Like 4

Unfortunately in the current iteration of the game there is no real 'late-game' or 'end-game' content. while the mechanics are improving the timescale and scope are still kinda limited and i dont feel like loosing gear is a huge deal right now.

I do still genuienly hope for an extremely hard and brutal dayz with content/mechanics designed around the idea of characters surviving months at a time. then when you die and loose a month or more of work/progress it will feel like a real loss. the extreme weight of risk imho would also cut down on the rambo TDM style gameplay as well.

• Like 2

I agree, sometimes I just can't stop looking at my character, its so lovely.

Everybody knows it. Going for a loot run, server goes down and then continue and join a full server. But then you see the beauty. Your pimped out character is sexy as hell with all them pristine black cargos. I haven't logged into a server for the past 30 minutes just looking at my character and thinking "Damn.. I can't let this beauty of a guy get killed by a filthy hacker in electro."

What are your thoughts? Are you sometimes scared that much that your pimped out character gets killed, that you don't play the game?

down below is my character ;(

201411200000blqnxpo3kz.jpg

Nevermind what I wrote before....nice avatar......man oh man I'm hungry.....come on over here for second go ahead and climb in that pot over there and close your eyes! :D

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Once I'm fully geared, I blatantly run laps around NWAF.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 8

Once I'm fulling geared, I blatantly run laps around NWAF.

You said it in so few words walter! I gotta get out of my wall of text responces lol

• Like 2

I agree, sometimes I just can't stop looking at my character, its so lovely.

Hey guys go outside some.....There is a whole other world out there

Plus the all black looks good and all till you look at your character from behind and he has his name MARIN plastered on his backpack in white lettering so he dosen't lose it.

Edited by huf757
  • Like 1

No,

To be honest its never bothered me. I'm vary untilitarian when it comes to my avatar. My last life I survived for about a month and a half. I did group pvp and solo pvp on packed server and midium servers. For me server size dosn't matter once I'm "geared up" which by the way is a vary lose term when ask players what that means. I pick servers based on what I want to do. I wanna hunt loot or just not be bothered as much just enjoy the game at a lower pace, I play on low pops.

I think your going about it kind of with wrong idea. Your going for looks, when you should be going for pure function. When I gear I have kind of a plan....what do I want to do this build...do I wanna snipe? do I want to be more of an assault pvper? Then I gear up accordingly. I go to the wiki and look at specs of types of gear and try to find or the next best thing. Stuff that improves my chances of surviving a direct hit, like for instance the high cap vest, or in the head ghurka helmet with visor. BUT they can really only take 2 hits max! So your skill still plays a huge role, you should still try vary hard not to get shot. It really just improves your odds slightly. As far as color goes as long as its green, brown or black(this is not to LOOK COOL, its to blend in). I also try to get one or 2 1st aid kits, filled with items. Leather repair kits, sewing kits....compass. Water containers. Knife axe.....So for me its totally more about funtion. 

Stay out of the citys on pack servers solo, electro is a good dam death trap if your solo, instead shot into them....Its nothing more then a barrel of fish. You had the mosin with LRS, shoot into the city from sniper hill. Why you going into citys on a larger server with a build like that? Mosins really are not at all the most ideal gun in an urban close quarter setting. Its just a fact.

So don't get to attached to gear, gear for function not looks.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but stop blaming hackers for your game short comings unless you know for certain. There really kind more rare then people make them out to be on the forums(the alternate dayz universe). I played on a ton of high pops, havn't really seen one in quite a while. If do see or hear what I think is a hacker I log ASAP. Why my not getting shot my map glitchers? I sat up in a apt building for almost 2 hours before on a full server, why didn't some come up there and magically shoot me? Becuase theres not really that many of them. So stop crying wolf. Infact next stable patch there probably will be no hackers or vary vary few.

Infact every time I have been shot dead in dayzsa in the past few monthes, it was in a gun fight and they were NOT HACKERS. It was becuase I was either at a disadvantage or shot unarmed by a kos player.

Sorry to come across as a dick but I say take a look out how your playing, go read the wiki, study some videos, then come back and try again. I had to do it early on. DayZ TV and the wiki really do pack allot of info about this game.

This isn't COD man.....it is DayZ....

This isn't COD man.....it is DayZ....

WTF are you talking about? Let me guess your a troll or just an ass hat? Try alittle harder, at least make it funny. Never even played COD...Wha Wha What?

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Once you get fully geared, the game is over.

But did you work out how to craft the poison toe-ring spikes yet ?

(brass knuckles + hacksaw + 2 x bayonet or knife + poison berries)

Edited by pilgrim

The struggle to stay sexy looking is real.. 

WRwBHTh.jpg

• Like 6

No,

To be honest its never bothered me. I'm vary untilitarian when it comes to my avatar. My last life I survived for about a month and a half. I did group pvp and solo pvp on packed server and midium servers. For me server size dosn't matter once I'm "geared up" which by the way is a vary lose term when ask players what that means. I pick servers based on what I want to do. I wanna hunt loot or just not be bothered as much just enjoy the game at a lower pace, I play on low pops.

I think your going about it kind of with wrong idea. Your going for looks, when you should be going for pure function. When I gear I have kind of a plan....what do I want to do this build...do I wanna snipe? do I want to be more of an assault pvper? Then I gear up accordingly. I go to the wiki and look at specs of types of gear and try to find or the next best thing. Stuff that improves my chances of surviving a direct hit, like for instance the high cap vest, or in the head ghurka helmet with visor. BUT they can really only take 2 hits max! So your skill still plays a huge role, you should still try vary hard not to get shot. It really just improves your odds slightly. As far as color goes as long as its green, brown or black(this is not to LOOK COOL, its to blend in). I also try to get one or 2 1st aid kits, filled with items. Leather repair kits, sewing kits....compass. Water containers. Knife axe.....So for me its totally more about funtion. 

Stay out of the citys on pack servers solo, electro is a good dam death trap if your solo, instead shot into them....Its nothing more then a barrel of fish. You had the mosin with LRS, shoot into the city from sniper hill. Why you going into citys on a larger server with a build like that? Mosins really are not at all the most ideal gun in an urban close quarter setting. Its just a fact.

So don't get to attached to gear, gear for function not looks.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but stop blaming hackers for your game short comings unless you know for certain. There really kind more rare then people make them out to be on the forums(the alternate dayz universe). I played on a ton of high pops, havn't really seen one in quite a while. If do see or hear what I think is a hacker I log ASAP. Why my not getting shot my map glitchers? I sat up in a apt building for almost 2 hours before on a full server, why didn't some come up there and magically shoot me? Becuase theres not really that many of them. So stop crying wolf. Infact next stable patch there probably will be no hackers or vary vary few.

Infact every time I have been shot dead in dayzsa in the past few monthes, it was in a gun fight and they were NOT HACKERS. It was becuase I was either at a disadvantage or shot unarmed by a kos player.

Sorry to come across as a dick but I say take a look out how your playing, go read the wiki, study some videos, then come back and try again. I had to do it early on. DayZ TV and the wiki really do pack allot of info about this game.

Telling someone to not enjoy the cosmetics of the game and to switch it out for what is 'better' is stupid. Your wall of text is uncalled for. I enjoy the cosmetics in this game and like making my character look cool and will gladly go with a look that doesn't involve the 'better' Military stuff. It doesn't make me worse at the game, either.

• Like 4

The struggle to stay sexy looking is real..

Irish - You NEED the matching shorts, man.

• Like 1

Irish - You NEED the matching shorts, man.

I take the jacket off.. and its pink stripes shirt and all.. but you are right!

I need those damned halfpants in hotpink like right MEOW! 

• Like 2

Telling someone to not enjoy the cosmetics of the game and to switch it out for what is 'better' is stupid. Your wall of text is uncalled for. I enjoy the cosmetics in this game and like making my character look cool and will gladly go with a look that doesn't involve the 'better' Military stuff. It doesn't make me worse at the game, either.

Your right, know what I changed my mind, not worth it! Let him play how he wants....I need nooblets to graze appon now....yumm yummmmmm!!!!!

Edited by CJFlint

Was just thinking and a light bulb went off.........the .51 exp has human meat......I can live off of other players avatars in game...... :o ...Maybe I really shouldn't try to help other players anymore, instead live off there avatars in game...and why the hell do I want to make them smarter for?? The dumber the better!  :beans: hmmmmmmm...........emmmmm yummmmm bambi stakes........ya fuck it never mind what I wrote..... :D  :thumbsup:

You just keep playing that way.....good job!

Edited by CJFlint

Your right, know what I changed my mind, not worth it! Let him play how he wants....I need nooblets to graze appon now....yumm yummmmmm!!!!!

*guy in bright yellow raincoat shoots you in the head once with a .22*

"You are dead."

Gear matters not in PvP. Only your positioning.

I get killed more with military and utilitarian gear than I do charging with a .22, yelling "FOR THE FATHERLAAAAAAAND!!!"

I get killed more with military and utilitarian gear than I do charging with a .22, yelling "FOR THE FATHERLAAAAAAAND!!!"

At least you kind of acknowledged what your mistake is  ;)

You're still insulting people for not going what you consider 'better'. Get over yourself, you can be killed by a pantless puff jacket wearing face masked guy with a Sporter .22 and a magazine even if you have all your helmets and shit, your gear doesn't make you 'better' - Skill does.

• Like 2

You're still insulting people for not going what you consider 'better'. Get over yourself, you can be killed by a pantless puff jacket wearing face masked guy with a Sporter .22 and a magazine even if you have all your helmets and shit, your gear doesn't make you 'better' - Skill does.

I've actually been getting a rather decent number of kills recently with the improvised bow, an underpowered weapon in almost every sense of the word.

You'd think people wouldn't stop to look at that pile of opened food in the middle of the intersection....surrounded by dead bodies!

• Like 1

WChLXUr.jpg

I tend to swap out all my camo gear for black as soon as I get the chance,
as for the Cowboy Hat and Aviators, if I'm goin got to die be it from lag, a bug or even someone simply getting the drop on me at least I know I'll look good.

As for the debate lesser gear makes you a lesser player, I call bullshit you can be knocked out by a fresh spawn if you don't read the situation right.
I drop guys with automatics with my Repeater or Magnum, of course not always as I'm not some depserado bad-ass and yes sometimes I die.
But with feedback from friends black seems to be one of the best camo combos in the game, fair better than some ultra brifght gorka variants.
If I sneak up on a guy doesn't matter his gear, he drops before I do 8/10 of the time, it's not what you have, it's how you play.

Plus to be honest, I love the freedom to be able to look different, rather than most people dressing like a GI Joe.

Edited by The Road Warrior

wow didn't expect so many answers lol. But yeah, I usually just camp at balota and stay hidden until someone runs by so i can shoot him

(only if he looks like a threat to me ofc ;) )

Edited by NoPaEr10